PDA

View Full Version : Berserker 2nd Attack Unstoppable Infinite Chain Bug?

N-Rii
04-29-2017, 04:20 PM
Since the last patch (current patch 1.06), I've experienced the infinite chain for the Berserker seems to apply the unstoppable effect after the second hit of the Dance of the Paired Blades combo (Light>Heavy / Heavy>Light)

This really isn't supposed to happen - the tooltip in the Berserker's properties say that unstoppable applies on and after the 4th attack. This instead applies on the 2nd attack, giving too much early momentum to the hero, and also make most dodge based attacks less effective since the Berserker can trade hits earlier against a dodge or a deflect hit (Deflects concerning Orochi's light counter and Peackeeper's poison deflect. Berserker's guard break deflect will still interrupt, and so will Orochi's heavy counter after trading a hit since it immobilises the target on the hit). Obviously this is subjective to a player relying on dodge or deflect counters.

There are still viable counter options to this like parrying or shoving (out of block as a Lawbringer or from full block stance as Valkyrie), but it's a bug that need fixing in the end.

CitizenPuddi
04-29-2017, 04:27 PM
Since the last patch (current patch 1.06), I've experienced the infinite chain for the Berserker seems to apply the unstoppable effect after the second hit of the Dance of the Paired Blades combo (Light>Heavy / Heavy>Light)

This really isn't supposed to happen - the tooltip in the Berserker's properties say that unstoppable applies on and after the 4th attack. This instead applies on the 2nd attack, giving too much early momentum to the hero, and also make most dodge based attacks less effective since the Berserker can trade hits earlier against a dodge or a deflect hit (Deflects concerning Orochi's light counter and Peackeeper's poison deflect. Berserker's guard break deflect will still interrupt, and so will Orochi's heavy counter after trading a hit since it immobilises the target on the hit). Obviously this is subjective to a player relying on dodge or deflect counters.

There are still viable counter options to this like parrying or shoving (out of block as a Lawbringer or from full block stance as Valkyrie), but it's a bug that need fixing in the end.

Maybe they forgot to update the tooltip in-game, but in patch 1.05.1 they changed zerker's super armor to kick in after the second attack-- but because of that they took away the whole "less stamina per attack" bit of the ability.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1624635-Release-Notes-v1-05-1-05-1-April-6th

marcoalpha1
04-29-2017, 05:59 PM
Yep, I highlighted this in my thread too

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1646619-Peacekeeper-vs-berserker-fix-Forums

Nevertheless the zerker required a buff...so it is on,y a matter of balance with the other assassins who are slow at blocking and parrying. My suggestion was to make deflect interrupt the chain.