PDA

View Full Version : Question/Comment Regarding New Character Centurion?

buhahh125
04-29-2017, 03:42 PM
I know it is too early to speculate but based on the articles I read and pictures I've seen does the Centurion really only have a single Gladius? How can you have a Roman Soldier with a single sword? Now 2 swords or sword/shield...that makes sense to me. What are your thoughts? I'd like to know if I am the only one who sees that as strange IF it is the case. Were they not known for their Shield Wall type tactics for the soldiers with single handed weapons? But again maybe that will be different when we finally see it released. If it is only a single sword...wow WIERD! :confused:

kweassa1917
04-29-2017, 03:44 PM
Who says he's Roman. It's just a title inspired by Roman military -- none of the classes we already have adhere strictly to history.

DeathWatcher0
04-29-2017, 03:52 PM
from the looks of the pictures, it seems his non-sword hand has more reinforced armor, suggesting that he may use a caestus. From what i remember, Roman gladiators did indeed use Caestus sometimes, and in-game it'll probably correlate to knockdowns and stuns. but as stated, the character doesn't necessarily have to be be roman or actually be historically accurate, it's an alternate history universe.

AncientReaper20
04-29-2017, 03:56 PM
Actually, from his "thumbs up or thumbs down" execution, I think it's safe to say that he is indeed a Roman.

buhahh125
04-29-2017, 04:07 PM
Yes it will be interesting to see when he comes out.

buhahh125
04-29-2017, 05:22 PM
Actually, from his "thumbs up or thumbs down" execution, I think it's safe to say that he is indeed a Roman.

Agreed....and to not say he is Roman....WTF?!?!?

Hillbill79
04-29-2017, 05:56 PM
He's as Roman as they come.

Centurion.... gladius.... Caestus... Thumb down execute......... he sure as hell isn't anything else

Xtremetrust
04-29-2017, 06:00 PM
well obvious as you said it's to early to speculate. Never the less, it's fun to do so.

Many say his non-sword hand looks to be more reinforced armor, myself... i don't exactly see it. maybe i should have my eyes checked.

That being said a roman centurion was was a leader, often selected by it's skill and valor in battle. A guy with a decent amount of skill and valor in battle probably has enough on just a gladius, which you can't forget is still a two-sided edged sword. A sword that was more often used in a thrusting motion than a slashing one. for this I assume he'll probably be utilizing a lot of stabbing (think valkyrie if you really need an image).

Aside from all that I considered a few possible feats he'd have.
- I think Catapult strike is almost a given, since every character in the knight faction has it. but also cause the roman empire utilized catapults.
- I bet he'll also have some sort of range damage dealing feat. Like the peacekeepers crossbow or valkyrie's javelin. There is a lot of options they could use if they stuck to the roman centurion. There was the Hasta, javelin and pilum (so javelin probably) but there was obviously also the use of Arcus (bow) and manuballista (crossbow). Hell in the later years of the roman empire they'd also utilize plumbatae (lead-weighted throwing-darts) .... all of these distance weapons are already in the game divided across knights, valkyrie and samurai factions. That and the fact that it is a hybrid of vanguard/assassin I can see this as a viable feat being used.
- A third feat he may have which is a pure guess is the thick blood feat. Currently the warden is the only one who has it, and the centurion being a hybrid of vanguard (warden in knight faction) and assassin (peacekeeper) i see it as a viable option.

Anyway, enough typing for me, i'll think over it some more later!