PDA

View Full Version : What to buy?

Coopz111
01-19-2004, 06:08 PM
Hey I am a big fan of the IL2 series but am on a fairly tight budget. I have come close to purchasing the sequal 'Forgotten Battles' many times but now I have made up my mind to finally get it.
Now I heard theres some addons called Aces and something else (Battle of Britain?) coming out for it. Will these be seperate addons packs or will they be new updated version of Forgotton Battles. Should I buy Forgotton Battles or wait a bit longer?

ps: These forums are a major pain in the a## to sigh up to.

Coopz111
01-19-2004, 06:08 PM
Hey I am a big fan of the IL2 series but am on a fairly tight budget. I have come close to purchasing the sequal 'Forgotten Battles' many times but now I have made up my mind to finally get it.
Now I heard theres some addons called Aces and something else (Battle of Britain?) coming out for it. Will these be seperate addons packs or will they be new updated version of Forgotton Battles. Should I buy Forgotton Battles or wait a bit longer?

ps: These forums are a major pain in the a## to sigh up to.

aerick2
01-19-2004, 07:07 PM
Coopz- Welcome!

"Aces" is an addon that's scheduled for release next month. It will suppliment FB and FB will be required to play it.

BOB is a new game being developed by 1C and isn't scheduled for release until sometime next year.

The only thing you need right now (If you want to play online) is the 1.21 patch. It's available as a single download, ~115MB. (Somebody help me out with a link here)

Hope this helps!