PDA

View Full Version : Contracts VS AI broken?

Pages : [1] 2 3

SnugglesIV
04-29-2017, 10:22 AM
I can't seem to complete any order VS AI (no match making) anymore. I just get the servers are busy error and the progress never gets updated, even though it says it will once the servers are not as busy. This error only happened to duels before (same case there, it never updates even if you leave it for hours) and now it happens to all modes. Is there something I'm missing?

UPDATE: 4v4 is still broken. If you want to do orders VS AI, you will have to use the matchmaker.

UPDATE 2: 4v4 AI (no mm) is still broken. It seems like there is no end in sight. =(

UPDATE 3: Still broken and for some reason the thread has been moved to General Discussion. I don't remember posting it here.

UPDATE 4: Season 2 has hit and VS AI (no mm) is still broken. No easy grinding for EXP against bots.

UPDATE 5: A fix for this error should be in the coming PC hot fix. Console players will need to wait for the patch to be verified, but a fix for the same issue should be in there.

We announced on stream earlier today that it's getting fixed tomorrow! (mostly)

As the problem was predominantly with PC players, we're pushing the fix with our PC hotfix that will take place tomorrow - so everyone on PC should be be able to complete contracts and earn rewards in PvAI without matchmaking in any game modes (except 1vAI) - after the maintenance tomorrow.

As for console players who are experiencing this problem, this fix will come as soon as the hotfix is verified for PS4/XB1.

Sorry it took so long everyone! We apologize for the wait! We really appreciated your patience and understanding throughout this process.

UPDATE 6: The fix was delayed. We are currently waiting for an ETA from the dev team.

I apologize everyone. The fix was originally meant to go through with today's hotfix but it was delayed. I'll update you all once again when I get some news on the situation.

UPDATE 7: A fix is confirmed on the dev stream and should be "on it's way." It also seems that Duel AI is supposed to give rewards as well and that will be fixed in the same title patch. Nothing on when this patch will launch but at least we know that AI (private) SHOULD be fixed, provided that it does not get delayed again.

Here ya go, link to the Livestream from earlier, https://www.twitch.tv/videos/147088196

At the 20 min mark it gets addressed, and the director, Damien Keiken, specifically states that the duel bug on PC will be fixed, in addition to PvAI bug in other modes.

Now it looks like the remaining big question is: When is the patch with this fix coming?

Hillbill79
04-29-2017, 10:38 AM
It always happens on duels... that's been like that since the beginning.

Ive just done a few vs Ai... Elimination and assassin ones.... all worked fine.

SnugglesIV
04-29-2017, 10:57 AM
It always happens on duels... that's been like that since the beginning.

Ive just done a few vs Ai... Elimination and assassin ones.... all worked fine.

I know it has always happened on duels but it has recently spread to dominion. And since pretty much ALL of my orders are for dominion right now, I will have to let myself get walked all over by people with gear if I want to start levelling new characters.

PS. I just tested Elimination. It didn't work. Same error. It ONLY works for 2v2 if you want to turn off match making.

heinzlee
04-29-2017, 11:00 AM
yeah, happening to me to.
Elimination for me.
Haven't tried other vs AI (no matchmaking) yet.

SnugglesIV
04-29-2017, 11:05 AM
yeah, happening to me to.
Elimination for me.
Haven't tried other vs AI (no matchmaking) yet.

As far as I can tell, only 2v2 works right now for no matchmaking.

Hillbill79
04-29-2017, 11:10 AM
Is this Console or PC?

I'm just going in to a Dominion Ai on PC... so will let you know if the problem is there for me.

Hillbill79
04-29-2017, 11:19 AM
No, its working fine, no probs at all.

Patient_Fodder
04-29-2017, 11:26 AM

Well for me it doesn't work, error afer Dominion. Will check elimination an will edit this post with the findings.
Elimination is also buggered. All PC, v ai.
Brawl functions properly indeed.

sssnake154
04-29-2017, 11:44 AM
Yep. Same here. At least so it was yesterday.I have not tested it today yet, hope it's okay.

Mia.Nora
04-29-2017, 12:24 PM
Same here with Skirmish vs AI.

SnugglesIV
04-29-2017, 01:24 PM

Did you turn matchmaking OFF? If you use the matchmaker, the VS AI will work perfectly with orders. However, when it is turned OFF it will not register rewards or progress towards order. Everything but 2v2 needs to use matchmaking to get rewards at this point in time.

MentulaXL
04-29-2017, 01:54 PM
yup great change...
Will be fun finishing those orders of playing 5 games with a certain class that you have lvl 0 gear and almost never play, or how about everyone trying to get that 8 kill streak, and fun times when all your team wants to do the kill 300 soldiers order at same time.

God forbid you try new classes without ****ing everyone else experience.

If this change is intencional I'm done with this game

SnugglesIV
04-29-2017, 01:57 PM
yup great change...
Will be fun finishing those orders of playing 5 games with a certain class that you have lvl 0 gear and almost never play, or how about everyone trying to get that 8 kill streak, and fun times when all your team wants to do the kill 300 soldiers order at same time.

God forbid you try new classes without ****ing everyone else experience.

If this change is intencional I'm done with this game

I didn't see anything about it in the patch notes and 2v2 modes still work for AI (no matchmaker). You can still do order in AI for 4v4, but ONLY if you enable match making.

Nordic__
04-29-2017, 02:18 PM
I ran into this after the servers came back up yesterday and did some testing this morning, any vs AI mode with Matchmaking off doesn't earn rewards/progress orders now. Matchmaking on vs AI still rewards/progresses orders. If this is a bug it seems like a pretty ****ty one but, since it's specifically vs AI with matchmaking off it seems like a stealth update.

Did some more surfing on the Ubi forums and found an official response, it does appear to be a bug an they're working on a fix.

Forum Post (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1648123-No-reward-when-play-alone-vs-Al)

It was probably because we were having issues all day with many of our online services (this wasn't just limited to FH). I'm so sorry for the trouble you've had to go through.
We're still working to get it fixed, but we should have fully restored functionality soon - Updates here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1648145-Online-Services-Degradation-4-28-17)

suboptiml
04-29-2017, 02:35 PM
Yes, they are broken or have been stealth nerfed. Contracts are not working vs AI any longer. Even normal xp and steel match rewards are not being given.

Ubi was claiming they fixed the problem with contracts not registering last night. Yet it was only fixed in PvP. So is this deliberate? Any word from an Ubi rep on this?

Considering this same "bug" when dueling AI has been in place since alpha with the same notice popping up about how it will be updated later (but actually never would), it'll be interesting to see how quickly (or not) they do something about it. But no doubt it will slow down steel accumulation rates dramatically. And in the lead-up to new heroes being introduced.

suboptiml
04-29-2017, 02:50 PM
Did you turn matchmaking OFF? If you use the matchmaker, the VS AI will work perfectly with orders. However, when it is turned OFF it will not register rewards or progress towards order. Everything but 2v2 needs to use matchmaking to get rewards at this point in time.

Previous to this bug/stealth change you could turn matchmaking off and still vs the AI and get ordinary (though less than PvP) match rewards plus credit towards contracts. This is a brand new bug/stealth change.

Considering it's often impossible to get a vs AI match through matchmaking because of the shrunken playerbase (the game won't start the match with less than a full player roster for some inexplicable reason), being able to turn off matchmaking is necessary to even get a vs AI match going.

Gray360UK
04-29-2017, 02:59 PM
Previous to this bug/stealth-change you could turn matchmaking off and still vs the AI and get ordinary (though less than PvP) match rewards plus credit towards contracts. This is a brand new bug/stealth-change.

Considering it's often impossible to get a vs AI match through matchmaking because of the shrunken playerbase (the game won't start the match with less than a full team roster for some inexplicable reason), being able to turn off matchmaking is necessary to even get a vs AI match going.

Yeah I sat for ages watching the searching icon revolve around last night when trying to get AI games with Matchmaking ON. Simply wasn't happening. Low Activity. This is a bad change if it's intended. Vs AI with Matchmaking OFF is the quickest, most efficient and most stable way to complete Orders in my experience.

TheMalakith
04-29-2017, 03:10 PM
It doesn't work for me either. No matter what gamemode i play it seems. Getting no rewards.

MentulaXL
04-29-2017, 03:26 PM
still no word if it's intended or not

Lyskir
04-29-2017, 03:35 PM
UBI answer PLS!!

DapperDan30
04-29-2017, 05:33 PM
Had a not so helpful and somewhat discouraging support chat just now...

Ubi - Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Live Support. Please give me a moment to review your case. In the meantime, feel free to add any additional information that may pertain to your issue, and I will be with you shortly.

Me - Hey Daria, the issue now isn't one related to the stuttering. That cleared up with the patch. It's about the issues playing For Honor vs. AI right now.

Ubi - Ok can you explain more?

Me - Well, since you guys had server issues, when those came back up, we are no longer getting credit when playing vs. AI...no XP, no Steel, no progress towards Order completion....nothing. The only exception is when playing Brawl vs. AI. And it's not just me. You can see from your own forum... http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1649292-Contracts-VS-AI-broken

Ubi - If you are having troubles connecting to a Private AI game, please make sure you are not inviting, or being invited to the Private AI match while at the "Ready" Screen.

Me - This has nothing to do with a connection issue...this has to do with getting credit for vs. AI matches like we did up until Tuesday. We connect, we play, we win, we get 0 XP, 0 Steel, 0 progress towards Orders

Ubi - Right but I am wondering if this is related..that is all I have about that issue

Me - well, unfortunately, it's not effective. This morning I did an Elimination match, just me, vs. AI with matchmaking off....and got nothing. Like the people in the forum post.

Ubi - Ok and when matchmaking is on do you receive anything?

Me - That seems to be the case. But that is not how it has been since launch nor how we want to play the game. If you have an Order for something and have to do 5 matches....waiting for matchmaking can take 20-30 mins if the activity is Low or even Medium...then you deal with issues getting kicked out.

Ubi - right but I am asking if it works with matchmaking on, I need to collect all the information

Me - Yes, I said that seems to be the case.

Ubi - Seems to be or you have tried it and have received the compensation? I have to be very specific when I pass along this information to the teams

Me - I've tried it and, like others have commented, that's the way it is for them. I only tried with Skirmish not each and every game mode because I'm just not waiting for matches that long to try em all.

Ubi - hang on

Me - sure thing

Ubi - From what I can tell at this point that is how it should be, if that is not correct it is a glitch and I will be reaching out to our team to get a definite answer on that

Me - Well yeah, please reach out. The reason I say that is it's not how it was and there was never any mention in patch notes about that changing. I'm going to be really disappointed if that's how its going to be moving forward because it really will cause me...us...to stop playing the game and that money (about $220...2 copies and $100 on Steel and Champion status) will go right out the window.This entire time, it hasn't been like this...then one update and some server issues later...and I have little reason to play anymore.

Ubi - I do apologize for this frustrating experience however I can't seem to find any info one way or the other on your specific issue. Which makes it one of two things: a glitch or intentional. I will send you an email when I find out any new information. The forums are your best way of staying up to date. The for honor community team is in direct contact with the devs and will post responses quite frequently in there.

Ubi - Yep.. I am out of all the ideas.. I am chatting with other agents though just in case I missed something with this

Me - not a problem. I was just glad when I saw on the forum I wasn't the only one who this was happening to....there are a few threads started about it.

Ubi - right me and my coworker have read through a few he said it might have been done on purpose. I only played this game in beta so with gameplay my knowledge base is still in the learning phase

She did later say, that she and her co-workers are truly unsure so really...until there is something from the devs...there is no way to know. But the fact that this wasn't some known issue is troubling.

*sigh*

MentulaXL
04-29-2017, 07:00 PM
And this seems to be a PC issue only ppl say on Xbox and PS4 games vs ai with matchmaking off work normally they give xp, steel and credit but on PC they give nothing and still no official response

androsgama
04-30-2017, 02:32 AM
Nope, ps4 is not giving anything too

androsgama
04-30-2017, 02:33 AM
If you're doing it alone it works fine, with friends it gives you the message "retrieving data" and then some error message

SlashingElbow
04-30-2017, 02:36 AM
Works for me on xbox one.

Bob__Gnarly
04-30-2017, 04:49 AM
Has not worked for me ever since the server outage, just get the retrieving data BS and never receive any credit. I'm on PC.

Makes it a real pain in the A to complete orders as i can wait 20 mins and not find a game of Elimination against players. This is on the weekend... GG

Mia.Nora
04-30-2017, 06:38 AM
Has not worked for me ever since the server outage, just get the retrieving data BS and never receive any credit. I'm on PC.

Makes it a real pain in the A to complete orders as i can wait 20 mins and not find a game of Elimination against players. This is on the weekend... GG

same here... playing vs real players is a rare delight game allows us in Oceania, since matchmaking not only takes forever and also fails to find one afterwards as well..

vs AI with matchmaking turned off was the only way to play reliably and now it is gone too..

SnugglesIV
04-30-2017, 08:43 AM
Previous to this bug/stealth change you could turn matchmaking off and still vs the AI and get ordinary (though less than PvP) match rewards plus credit towards contracts. This is a brand new bug/stealth change.

Considering it's often impossible to get a vs AI match through matchmaking because of the shrunken playerbase (the game won't start the match with less than a full player roster for some inexplicable reason), being able to turn off matchmaking is necessary to even get a vs AI match going.

I am aware that you could do orders in VS AI (no matchmaker) before. That's why I made this thread in the first place.

And it IS possible to get VS AI (matchmaker) matches. However you have to try 3 or more times to get a game in a 4v4 with medium activity.

Nexo.C
04-30-2017, 10:09 AM
Playing on pc and ps4. On pc im having this issue. Ps4 is fine. Waiting for a fix or reaction from ubi. This clearly is a bug and no stealth

Edit: and ubi, dont forget duel vs ai. Its about time... thx

SnugglesIV
05-01-2017, 01:56 AM
UPDATE: VS AI, no matchmaking is still broken. Keep trying to do orders in PVP or using AI matchmaking.

holowknite
05-01-2017, 01:59 AM
Having the same problem

UbiNoty
05-01-2017, 02:00 AM
Hi all - we've notified the team and we're looking into it.
If you're experiencing this problem, please report it to support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315), as it will help us gather information so we can determine the scope of the issue and help us find the source of the problem.
Thanks!

SnugglesIV
05-01-2017, 02:21 AM
I have just sent a ticket with all the details and things I have attempted to fix the issue. I will continue to keep people posted on any details and whether or not VS AI (matchmaking disabled) is currently working again.

kesotroon
05-01-2017, 02:41 AM
just a tip: if you pause the game and everything freezes in the background it means you are not getting any rewards from that "vs AI" match

SnugglesIV
05-01-2017, 02:56 AM
just a tip: if you pause the game and everything freezes in the background it means you are not getting any rewards from that "vs AI" match

Thanks for the tip, but it's not really helpful. I've tested VS AI (matchmaking disabled) for three days in a row and no dice. I think it's pretty safe to say that it isn't working, until otherwise noted by Ubisoft.

UbiNoty
05-01-2017, 02:58 AM
Thanks for keeping us updated Snuggles - we'll be looking into it and hopefully we'll have an update for you all soon!

kesotroon
05-01-2017, 03:37 AM
Thanks for the tip, but it's not really helpful. I've tested VS AI (matchmaking disabled) for three days in a row and no dice. I think it's pretty safe to say that it isn't working, until otherwise noted by Ubisoft.

oh yea not helpful then play the whole match vs AI for nothing then

SnugglesIV
05-01-2017, 04:43 AM
oh yea not helpful then play the whole match vs AI for nothing then

No, what I'm saying is that it's best to assume they are broken until Ubi says otherwise. Don't get so mad just because you forgot to read the second part of my comment.

Patient_Fodder
05-01-2017, 08:00 AM
Hi all - we've notified the team and we're looking into it.
If you're experiencing this problem, please report it to support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315), as it will help us gather information so we can determine the scope of the issue and help us find the source of the problem.
Thanks!

I am sorry, but I am not sending in any more reports, until the one issue which I reported and which annoys me most, the disappearing of the preorder colours (running what now, 4+ weeks with the status "escalated"), has been resolved. Anything which I report now may become an excuse to delay work on earlier reports due to "priorities".

Radiation-X
05-01-2017, 10:55 PM
Same problem. Issue started immediately after patch 1.06. Have not been able to complete orders for 6 days. Logged 3 tickets so far with Ubisoft. Zero response. And they compensated with Champion Status... That you can't even take advantage oh. Gee great...

suboptiml
05-02-2017, 04:55 AM
Is this still "broken" (stealth nerfed?).

Any official word yet?

Radiation-X
05-02-2017, 10:34 AM
Still broken. Still no response from Ubi... Time to find a new game! At least I didn't get the season pass.

SkatGameManic
05-02-2017, 10:53 AM
why UBi did server maintenance for 3hrs?? what they fix?? really really disappoint and i swear i will not buy any ubi game anymore

Lyskir
05-02-2017, 10:59 AM
yep still broken like 1 vs ai since beta .....UBI pls....

MentulaXL
05-02-2017, 12:37 PM
and it will stay broken they have no desire to fix it.
Duel has been broken since beta they haven't fixed it and now that the other mods are also broken why bother

SkatGameManic
05-02-2017, 01:42 PM
and it will stay broken they have no desire to fix it.
Duel has been broken since beta they haven't fixed it and now that the other mods are also broken why bother

i thought it was just glitch but as time pass, i doubt that they did this to make us pay for in-game money

rossato2109
05-02-2017, 02:03 PM
Still broken. Still no response from Ubi... Time to find a new game! At least I didn't get the season pass.

Can't blaim you, currently I am going that path too. You see, in South America (xbox one) we barely get matches versus players due to the stupid region lock so we end up playing against bots. Now, Ubisoft managed to screw even that, cant play with a friend with matchmaking off (as with on we would never get a match) because it bugs with the "recovering data whatever" in the end.

drunkenangel28
05-02-2017, 07:15 PM
It's hard to believe that this is their "customer service".

There are so many great games out there, we the gamers/consumers should not have to beg these gaming companies for improvements; it should be the other way around, these companies should compete for our attention and beg for our interest in their products and money.

Just to give an example of good customer service, look at Blizzard's games: starcraft, diablo, overwatch, and heroes of the storm. The free updates never stopped. Yes, FREE! That's what customer service should be. I mean those games all have their own issues, sure, but at least you feel that the company is really trying their best to serve you - trying their best to earn your money!

It's really too bad because I really love For Honor otherwise I wouldn't have bothered commenting, but I feel it's time to move on. Too many other great games out there... too many...

Gray360UK
05-02-2017, 07:36 PM
I don't know if it's been said already, but this is not broken on Console. Works fine on Xbox. Is this a PC only issue?

MentulaXL
05-02-2017, 07:51 PM
I don't know if it's been said already, but this is not broken on Console. Works fine on Xbox. Is this a PC only issue?

It seems so.
And given that Duel vs ai has been broken since beta I wouldn't expect a fix ever to this issue

maxvigorous
05-02-2017, 08:47 PM
8 killing streak order is now uncompletable

FredEx919
05-02-2017, 08:52 PM
Hey everyone, we're aware of this and taking a look into it. Not many details regarding a fix at the moment, but we'll post back once we have some better news.

Gray360UK
05-03-2017, 12:13 AM
Is this only on PC because I am still completing all of these Orders on Xbox. Please Ubisoft, when you fix it for PC, don't break it for Console, lol ;)

SnugglesIV
05-03-2017, 04:32 AM
Is this only on PC because I am still completing all of these Orders on Xbox. Please Ubisoft, when you fix it for PC, don't break it for Console, lol ;)

So I presume that it's still borked for PC? That's a shame. It's so hard to do orders in AI matches since I have to use matchmaking and I live in Australia so the game is pretty much dead when I finish work.

Radiation-X
05-03-2017, 11:20 AM
Finally got a response for Ubisoft:

You wrote 30/04/2017 @ 08:53
Hi,

not getting any exp, rewards, or able to complete orders. Every game mode vs AI I try rewards me no experience. Duels VS AI haven't worked since launch but now all game modes are effected. Please help.

Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Customer Support, my name is Pedro and I'll be assisting you with this issue.
First off let me apologise for the delay, as we're working to answer every support ticket as soon as possible.

Regarding the matchmaking issues, there are some known connectivity problems that our development team is currently working on, until this is fixed you can follow these steps in order to ensure you have the best connection possible:
https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000025959/Connection-issue-in-For-Honor-on-PC

As a For Honor player myself I know these issues can be frustrating but the development team is addressing them and we'll need to keep our patience until these are fixed.

Regarding compensation, we regularly provide players with champion status boost after server outages but unfortunately it's not that easy to measure the amount of downtime due to matchmaking issues.
Even so, our dev team, being aware of these issues does try to compensate this by providing enticing rewards for Community Orders as an attempt to balance out any lost rewards.

I hope you'll be happy to know that For Honor's development team have committed themselves to be even more involved with the community, not only by listening to our opinions (as they already did before) but also by being more proactive when it comes to announcing which issues they'll be addressing in the future. You can find out more here:
https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-gb/news-community/

Also, be sure to check our weekly Warrior's Den streams every Thursday on Twitch for any announcements regarding balances, bug fixes and gameplay/matchmaking improvements.
https://www.twitch.tv/forhonorgame

We really appreciate your patience and we'll have to see what course our dev team will take to correct these issues.
In the meantime, don't hesitate to contact us again should any further questions arise.

Best regards,
Pedro
Ubisoft Customer Support

I sent in multiple tickets... Second ticket he wrote this implying 1 v 1 duels vs AI no experience is intentional.

Once more, if there are any server issues at the end of a match, these rewards should be automatically awarded to you later.

Also, regarding the 1v1 Duels with AI, orders were designed to keep players involved in multiplayer matches and, as you know, 1v1 Duels vs AI doesn't quite fall into this category.
So there is not much difference between Duels vs AI and the How to Play Free Matches.

Gray360UK
05-03-2017, 11:24 AM
Also, regarding the 1v1 Duels with AI, orders were designed to keep players involved in multiplayer matches and, as you know, 1v1 Duels vs AI doesn't quite fall into this category.
So there is not much difference between Duels vs AI and the How to Play Free Matches.

That advice is not correct. On console Duel Orders still complete just fine vs AI, and they always have. The part I have quoted in particular makes no sense. Before the AI / Player distinction was removed you could get specific vs AI Duel Orders, that of course completed by playing Duels vs AI.

SnugglesIV
05-03-2017, 11:44 AM
Finally got a response for Ubisoft:

You wrote 30/04/2017 @ 08:53
Hi,

not getting any exp, rewards, or able to complete orders. Every game mode vs AI I try rewards me no experience. Duels VS AI haven't worked since launch but now all game modes are effected. Please help.

Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Customer Support, my name is Pedro and I'll be assisting you with this issue.
First off let me apologise for the delay, as we're working to answer every support ticket as soon as possible.

Regarding the matchmaking issues, there are some known connectivity problems that our development team is currently working on, until this is fixed you can follow these steps in order to ensure you have the best connection possible:
https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000025959/Connection-issue-in-For-Honor-on-PC

As a For Honor player myself I know these issues can be frustrating but the development team is addressing them and we'll need to keep our patience until these are fixed.

Regarding compensation, we regularly provide players with champion status boost after server outages but unfortunately it's not that easy to measure the amount of downtime due to matchmaking issues.
Even so, our dev team, being aware of these issues does try to compensate this by providing enticing rewards for Community Orders as an attempt to balance out any lost rewards.

I hope you'll be happy to know that For Honor's development team have committed themselves to be even more involved with the community, not only by listening to our opinions (as they already did before) but also by being more proactive when it comes to announcing which issues they'll be addressing in the future. You can find out more here:
https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-gb/news-community/

Also, be sure to check our weekly Warrior's Den streams every Thursday on Twitch for any announcements regarding balances, bug fixes and gameplay/matchmaking improvements.
https://www.twitch.tv/forhonorgame

We really appreciate your patience and we'll have to see what course our dev team will take to correct these issues.
In the meantime, don't hesitate to contact us again should any further questions arise.

Best regards,
Pedro
Ubisoft Customer Support

I sent in multiple tickets... Second ticket he wrote this implying 1 v 1 duels vs AI no experience is intentional.

Once more, if there are any server issues at the end of a match, these rewards should be automatically awarded to you later.

I got a response from the same dude. Stock answer. "Connectivity issues" and that players get this from time to time. It's almost like he didn't read any of the details, especially my trouble shooting where I've left the game for 30-60 minutes and no rewards and that I've been able to get rewards fine in 2v2 VS AI (no mm) and in VS AI (mm) in all matches without a hitch. Sigh. I guess this is a life of someone playing a Ubi game. FeelsBadMan.

Radiation-X
05-03-2017, 01:06 PM
I don't understand what there is to fix about a stock standard part of the game. It worked last week, it worked at launch (kinda). How come it's broken now? You'd never get this from Blizzard...

rossato2109
05-03-2017, 02:28 PM

No, its also broke on consoles. If you get a friend (or two) and turn off matchmaking to fight AI, you wont get any rewards, just "cannot retreive information" (something like that) and no order will be complete.

Its a complete joke. In some regions we cannot get player vs player matches anymore unless you are willing to sit half hour looking for a game (south america xbox one at least) and now you cannot even play with you friends.

Gray360UK
05-03-2017, 02:46 PM
No, its also broke on consoles. If you get a friend (or two) and turn off matchmaking to fight AI, you wont get any rewards, just "cannot retreive information" (something like that) and no order will be complete.

Its a complete joke. In some regions we cannot get player vs player matches anymore unless you are willing to sit half hour looking for a game (south america xbox one at least) and now you cannot even play with you friends.

Not broken on mine, I can complete anything I like with matchmaking off (Xbox One). I tested it with the latest batch of Orders on some of my lower level characters who aren't ready for PvP yet.

kesotroon
05-03-2017, 03:34 PM
Not broken on mine, I can complete anything I like with matchmaking off (Xbox One). I tested it with the latest batch of Orders on some of my lower level characters who aren't ready for PvP yet.

he said south america where half the modes time out on queue search because there are no enough people playing, not being able to complete orders vs AI is a death sentence for this game

Prophit618
05-03-2017, 03:36 PM
PC player here, I haven't gotten credit for any vs AI matches for 4 days now. Used to be anything but Duel vs AI worked fine, but now none of them do.

Ryldaun
05-03-2017, 03:40 PM
Same here, and I don't understand why it always been like this in duel. If they don't want us to play duel vs bots they should just delete the option.

Gray360UK
05-03-2017, 03:48 PM
Same here, and I don't understand why it always been like this in duel. If they don't want us to play duel vs bots they should just delete the option.

They do though, something else is going on here. I completed 25 takedowns in Brawl vs AI with matchmaking off just last night on Xbox One. Not getting credit against AI is not supposed to be a thing.

rossato2109
05-03-2017, 03:54 PM
he said south america where half the modes time out on queue search because there are no enough people playing, not being able to complete orders vs AI is a death sentence for this game

Exactly.

rossato2109
05-03-2017, 03:55 PM

Did you have a group and turned matchmaking off? Because I am not saying about playing solo with matchmaking off, I mean while having a player or two with you.

Gray360UK
05-03-2017, 03:59 PM
Did you have a group and turned matchmaking off? Because I am not saying about playing solo with matchmaking off, I mean while having a player or two with you.

Ah okay sorry, I did see that you mentioned having a friend or two, but I wasn't sure if that was the key part of the equation or not. Ignore me then. I have no friends that own a copy of For Honor, so that's not something I can comment on.

Alusi_UK
05-03-2017, 04:06 PM
Yes have the same issue on PS4, all orders complete fine when playin solo vs AI, however when playing with a friend vs AI dual and brawl works fine but all 4v4 modes report back "failing to retrieve data" "slow servers" etc and then no rewards.
Please fix this as we only play this game vs AI with matchmaking off. No fun to be had or interest in other modes for us.

SURESHOT22
05-03-2017, 04:38 PM
Everything works fine for me on ps4. Pvp pvs ai. All gives orders etc np.

Alusi_UK
05-03-2017, 05:03 PM
Just wanted to add that this fault only started to happen since the outage over the last weekend, before that grouped play vs AI received rewards on all modes with matchmaking off.

suboptiml
05-03-2017, 05:17 PM
Hey everyone, we're aware of this and taking a look into it. Not many details regarding a fix at the moment, but we'll post back once we have some better news.

Hi Fred,

Can you answer why this was almost immediately fixed for PvP, but the fix for PvAI is taking so long?

Also, can you answer why dueling AI has always been giving the "rewards will be updated..." notice, but it never updates?

Thanks.

THE_DAGZ
05-03-2017, 10:18 PM
On Xbox One here. My wife and I have been having this problem for 4-5 days now. Any 4v4 match where matchmaking is turned off (AI Only) you do NOT get rewards. With Matchmaking on it is fine.

It is absolutely APAULING that this bug has lasted this long. To spend this much money on the game and to have so many issues playing it is completely unacceptable! The lack of acknowledgement of this problem is equally frustrating. How can something go not only unfixed, but ignored for 5 days is absurd!!

THE_DAGZ
05-03-2017, 10:21 PM

Xbox One my wife and I are both having this problem. So its definitely not PC only.

The contracts work fine, the problem is with rewards. If you do AI with Matchmaking turned off, no rewards are giving and as such you don't get credit for the order.

UbiNoty
05-04-2017, 12:33 AM
Hi all, as FredEx said earlier - the team is aware of this bug and are in the process of investigating the source of the problem. We unfortunately don't have any new updates for you all as of yet, but hopefully we should have some good news soon.

If you're having this issue, please help us out and do us a favor by reporting it to support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315) along with any pertinent details - the more information we can get the faster we can find a solution!

SnugglesIV
05-04-2017, 05:09 AM
Quick question, is anyone else getting problems with save files being synchronised to the cloud? I'm getting this error all the time when starting up For Honor and although it doesn't stop me from playing, I wonder if that might be a clue as to what is going on with the rewards problem. I've only been getting it very recently.

Smoke_ITA
05-04-2017, 05:32 PM
Hi all, as FredEx said earlier - the team is aware of this bug and are in the process of investigating the source of the problem. We unfortunately don't have any new updates for you all as of yet, but hopefully we should have some good news soon.

If you're having this issue, please help us out and do us a favor by reporting it to support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315) along with any pertinent details - the more information we can get the faster we can find a solution!

No assistance, ubisoft knows that the game has bugs but does nothing, he doesn't cares

Olikorn
05-04-2017, 07:16 PM
Quick question, is anyone else getting problems with save files being synchronised to the cloud? I'm getting this error all the time when starting up For Honor and although it doesn't stop me from playing, I wonder if that might be a clue as to what is going on with the rewards problem. I've only been getting it very recently.
No such error here (and no rewards either ;))

PerfectGun
05-04-2017, 09:29 PM
Any updates on this issue? Experiencing it on XBOX.

Xtendead
05-04-2017, 11:05 PM

I'm not buying it. You have made nothing but calming down pissed Customers. Can't be that hard to fix it if you take the Problem seriouly. What kind of pertinent details you still need about it? Pre 1.06 ok, after Patch broken, as mentioned so many times in loads of Threads. I'm really losing patience with that Game. To many crucial things broken and more is getting patched in than fixed. At least we get new Emotes and Outfits every few Days to spend Cash on... well done!

Bob__Gnarly
05-04-2017, 11:29 PM
Jebus, is this still not fixed?! *facepalm*

Radiation-X
05-04-2017, 11:56 PM
RE: Pedro

Additional follow up from my on-going discussions with Ubisoft... Apparently community orders that everyone gets is fair compensation. Oh Pedro...

PedroAl @Ubisoft Support wrote: 04/05/2017 @ 11:53
Hello again Radiation-X

I apologise if I wasn't clear in my previous message.

It is true that this issue is happening to a lot of players after playing Player vs AI.
Our development team is well aware of it and will address this as soon as possible.

As you may understand, we can't guarantee that players will receive all the missed exp and items because we don't yet know how this issue will be addressed.
But from past experience, I can tell you that our dev team is usually fair when it comes to compensations. Usually this is done through Community Orders that are easy to accomplish (most you just need to participate) and give out seriously good rewards (like the 2000 steel last month).

Again, as a player myself I know how hard it is to keep our patience sometimes but I'm sure this will be fixed quickly. I hope you understand.

Also, I forgot to answer your Duels vs AI question, my apologies. This is working as intended since this mode isn't exactly multiplayer (or coop), it's practically a practice mode like Free Play in the How to Play menu.

Let me know if you need any further assistance and remember to check the news and twitch streams for updates on this issue.

Sincerely,
Pedro
Ubisoft Customer Support

UbiNoty
05-05-2017, 12:12 AM
Sorry all, we do realize that this is bugged and are working on getting it fixed currently. This is one of our bigger priorities atm, so we'll get it fixed as soon as we can!
Unfortunately, I don't have an ETA for you all yet, but as soon as I get wind of any news I'll be sure to give you all an update!

THE_DAGZ
05-05-2017, 12:27 AM
Sorry all, we do realize that this is bugged and are working on getting it fixed currently. This is one of our bigger priorities atm, so we'll get it fixed as soon as we can!
Unfortunately, I don't have an ETA for you all yet, but as soon as I get wind of any news I'll be sure to give you all an update!

Top priority 6 days later??

I think more realistically they are all busy working on more dlc and things to sell us on the 16th.

This is unacceptable

That said I appreciate you at least reporting what news you have, its better than complete darkness.

SkatGameManic
05-05-2017, 01:33 AM
Top priority 6 days later??

I think more realistically they are all busy working on more dlc and things to sell us on the 16th.

This is unacceptable

That said I appreciate you at least reporting what news you have, its better than complete darkness.

Ubi guys didn't fix a bug that defender can pass barricade at prepare time and kill all attacker with C4 for 1~2 month i remembered in rainbow six siege

if they fix this bug in next week, it is a MIRACLE

Eitri17
05-05-2017, 03:43 AM

That's good news. There's another thread on this in the Community Support forum: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1648280-No-rewards-for-playing-4v4-vs-AI. I also wouldn't call this broken for 6 days, Duel VS AI has been broken in the same way for a long time and I just learned this week that it *isn't* broken on consoles.

SnugglesIV
05-05-2017, 05:11 AM
That's good news. There's another thread on this in the Community Support forum: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1648280-No-rewards-for-playing-4v4-vs-AI. I also wouldn't call this broken for 6 days, Duel VS AI has been broken in the same way for a long time and I just learned this week that it *isn't* broken on consoles.

I always thought no rewards from Duel VS AI was an intentional decision. I can't remember a time where it gave rewards on PC.

Eitri17
05-05-2017, 06:07 AM
I always thought no rewards from Duel VS AI was an intentional decision. I can't remember a time where it gave rewards on PC.

If it's intentional there's still a bug. They should display a useful message to the player, "this mode does not give rewards and is not counted towards orders," or something. Not, "the server is being slow to respond, your rewards will be added once it does respond."

Mia.Nora
05-05-2017, 06:08 AM
If it's intentional there's still a bug. They should display a useful message to the player, "this mode does not give rewards and is not counted towards orders," or something. Not, "the server is being slow to respond, your rewards will be added once it does respond."

Also if it is intentional it means consoles are bugged since it counts towards orders in consoles whereas doesn't in PC.

Either PC is bugged or Console.

jogoho
05-05-2017, 05:44 PM

Hello!

I have the same issues. However, brawls (2 vs. 2) are working nearly without problems. I receive xp, steel and also the relevant contracts are working ...

ShadowKing_69
05-05-2017, 07:12 PM
By the way this problem is going this won't be fixed this week, this is just pitiful, the only way this can get any worst is if this problem isn't fixed until the begin of the season 2 of the faction war or even when the season begins and the bug is still there.

Xtendead
05-06-2017, 02:14 PM
In case you wrongly suppose we've calmed down.... *bump*

Rogue_Strife
05-06-2017, 04:27 PM
Never let this thread die, because it seems to be the only one Ubisoft is responding. ONE WEEK and still no updates on the problem

ShadowKing_69
05-06-2017, 06:13 PM
I do hope my fears don't come true. I sincerely hope that in season 2 or before the season 2 this bug is fixed.Pls Ubisoft do fix this fast as possible.

Didjos
05-06-2017, 06:20 PM
Plz ubisoft fix that !!

Not everyone buy the game to play player/player some of us buy it to play coop just like The division PVE or Ghost recon and actualy we can play but not make any progress ... a bug like this should have been fix a lot faster.

Reverend_Mort
05-06-2017, 07:57 PM
Also, I forgot to answer your Duels vs AI question, my apologies. This is working as intended since this mode isn't exactly multiplayer (or coop), it's practically a practice mode like Free Play in the How to Play menu.

This has to be either the most pointless lie ever or the most ridiculous design decision in this game. Why would you design it so that a mode doesn't reward you, yet instead of telling you that, it claims it can't contact the server and that you will be rewarded soon? Plus apparently it works on consoles? Which is it? Was duels against AI broken for several months or did they decide to disable rewards while having the game act like they didn't?

kesotroon
05-06-2017, 08:09 PM
This has to be either the most pointless lie ever or the most ridiculous design decision in this game. Why would you design it so that a mode doesn't reward you, yet instead of telling you that, it claims it can't contact the server and that you will be rewarded soon? Plus apparently it works on consoles? Which is it? Was duels against AI broken for several months or did they decide to disable rewards while having the game act like they didn't?

its 100% ******** because duels vs AI rewards you on console

Radiation-X
05-07-2017, 12:34 AM
Been queuing a lot lately with matchmaking ON so that I'm actually able to get experience VS AI. If anyone would like to add me to friends list, feel free to do so. Currently only way to play this game with exp vs bots. Have a party of 4 to start or queue for an eternity. Literally the worst game design ever...

Am still in contact with Pedro I will keep you all updated on any developments...

SnugglesIV
05-07-2017, 02:57 PM
UPDATE: It's still broken. Don't try to use VS AI (no mm).

RatedChaotic
05-07-2017, 03:20 PM
I have been getting rewards vs AI with matchmaking off while solo. I dont when grouped with friends. Xbox.

Lyskir
05-07-2017, 03:30 PM
still does not work on PC with matchmaking off...

Didjos
05-07-2017, 04:06 PM
just watched the "Warrior's Den Weekly Livestream - May 4th" at the very end they said they know about it and it's "quite high in the top of our bug fix priorities right now"

But the faces expressions when they talk about that .... doesnt really make me hope for a fast fix :p "the team is working on it yeah" ... but the faces say "i have no clue on how we're going to fix that oO"

THE_DAGZ
05-07-2017, 05:21 PM
It has now been over a week, this is ridiculous.... Still not working on Xbox One.

SnugglesIV
05-08-2017, 04:03 AM
UPDATE: It's still broken.

VampireSamurai
05-08-2017, 06:04 AM
Most likely a fix won't come till season 2's patch drops. So that's about 9 days that people who don't like pvp and who can't find others through matchmaking, cant progress characters which just feels kinda ****ty.

Egotistic_Ez
05-08-2017, 06:15 AM
This is clearly account specific so I'd contact customer support again if I were you. I finished my daily two elimination games quest vs ai no-matchmaking on xbone with no issues a couple of hours ago.

VampireSamurai
05-08-2017, 06:24 AM
This is clearly account specific so I'd contact customer support again if I were you. I finished my daily two elimination games quest vs ai no-matchmaking on xbone with no issues a couple of hours ago.

Their has been at least 4 different posts in different parts of the forum about it with quiet a few different people being affected and even a post on reddit about a week ago that I saw. that's definitely not just account based as it's affecting people on pc, ps4 and xbox one. The majority effected seem to be us pc players though. Alot of players don't come to the forums if they have issues, or even use the reddit, then alot of players also only play pvp or with matchmaking on, so expect that it could be affecting far more players then you think it does.

Egotistic_Ez
05-08-2017, 06:31 AM
Their has been at least 4 different posts in different parts of the forum about it with quiet a few different people being affected and even a post on reddit about a week ago that I saw. that's definitely not just account based as it's affecting people on pc, ps4 and xbox one. The majority effected seem to be us pc players though. Alot of players don't come to the forums if they have issues, or even use the reddit, then alot of players also only play pvp or with matchmaking on, so expect that it could be affecting far more players then you think it does.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I didn't mean that it was just the OP's account, I meant that the bug is to do with accounts. Since not everyone is affected, and it's not console specific, and it doesn't seem to matter which gamemode it is there's likely some value in the affected players' account data that is bugging it out.

Unless you all happen to play the same hero and only that hero?

Mia.Nora
05-08-2017, 06:35 AM
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I didn't mean that it was just the OP's account, I meant that the bug is to do with accounts. Since not everyone is affected, and it's not console specific, and it doesn't seem to matter which gamemode it is there's likely some value in the affected players' account data that is bugging it out.

Unless you all happen to play the same hero and only that hero?

I think it is pretty consistent across the board, it is known that issue is not seen on xbox; but being on PC and PS4 all vs AI modes (matchmakign off) except brawl (for some weird reason). All started after server outage.

I haven't seen anyone to make an exception to the above info. Not one.

VampireSamurai
05-08-2017, 06:40 AM
I see what you mean. One of the other player posted their interactions with ubi support and they said it was a known issue that they're working on so I'm content with hoping its fixed with season 2's patch since it's also bringing changes to the gear system and exp gain rate that I've been hoping for. Hopefully it's something they can fix easily enough since I was very excited to return to the game after the latest balancing patches and seeing what the next patch is bringing.

Egotistic_Ez
05-08-2017, 06:45 AM
I think it is pretty consistent across the board, it is known that issue is not seen on xbox
I haven't seen anyone to make an exception to the above info. Not one.

The second post on this very page, dagz, says it doesn't work for him on the xbone. There's probably more but I'm too lazy to sort through 11 pages, lol.

VampireSamurai
05-08-2017, 06:48 AM
Welp Brawl does work on Pc for Player vs AI without matchmaking so thats made me alot happier :D thanks for mentioning that Mynban. so its not blanketed across all the game modes and it says that it failed to retrieve rewards in every other game mode other then brawl.

Arctic-Pixie
05-08-2017, 08:16 AM
I see what you mean. One of the other player posted their interactions with ubi support and they said it was a known issue that they're working on so I'm content with hoping its fixed with season 2's patch since it's also bringing changes to the gear system and exp gain rate that I've been hoping for. Hopefully it's something they can fix easily enough since I was very excited to return to the game after the latest balancing patches and seeing what the next patch is bringing.

We (me and bf) are starting to fear it wont be fixed until then too, but here's the thing that worries me:
This didnt actually happen because of the patch. It appears that way to most people with this problem because only pc solo play is affected (solo play wworks on consoles, group play doesnt) and on pc the patch and server fixes downtime coincided.

The problem occured on ALL platforms after the downtime, despite the fact that console players didnt have the patch yet, only the server fixes.

This means that the problem is not client side but server side and should be possible to resolve without a patch.

It seems, though, based on the time it has taken despite rendering lots of people, both those who dont play pvp and arent comfortable grouping with strangers, and those in regions where matchmaking constantly takes too long and times out for both pvp and pvai, and only have solo pvai as an option to complete daily contracts, that this is a very difficult problem to solve.

Hence i think it might be a good idea to try to make sure the devs get the info that this happened because of the server changes not the patch, so they dont look through thousands of lines of code in the wrong place needlessly looking for an issue in a patch console players didnt even have when the problem started on console.

Also i wanted to just throw out there that what if brawl working fine isnt a symptom ruling out certain possible reasons but a fluke due to a second bug? Example: let's say the problem occurs because all (excluding solo queuing with AI for console) matchmaking off matches needs to send match data to verification in a specific place. If this was coded into each mode, what would happen if this code contained just an extra character or comma or perhaps one too little for Brawl? Well then maybe the data went through unverified and brawl appears to be working fine. If that was true, data verification would appear to be ruled out as a problem because hey, brawl works so that cant be it, and one would miss checking both the code related to brawl and the server processes related to verification.

I am NOT saying that is the problem. In fact i am pretty sure it is a bad example as it would render brawl exploitable but there are no posts about that. I have very limited programming experience and cant even imagine working with the amount of code required by today's video games. I am just trying to make an example that basically just boils down to occam's razor; the simpler theory is usually true. Perhaps instead of one complex and impossible to find bug there are two more obvious ones affecting each other?

Games are so amazing and complex these days that the sheer amount of code must be getting more and more staggering. For Honor is hardly alone in being plagued by bugs that take time to find and fix. It has been a recurring problem for newly launched games and seems to be getting worse with time as the games become more complex. I really wish game companies would work with organizations like Thorkil Sonne's Specialisterne, and employ or work together with some of the amazingly skilled autistic people, some of whom are unbelievably quick at finding syntax errors, stray characters and other flaws in enormous data sets for all kinds of purpouses. It takes extra resources, sure, but if we are at the point where it is getting hard for people in general to find bugs because of these enormous, complex, beautiful games, thinking outside the box and hiring extra people with special skills might be a win-win for employer and employee :o

Radiation-X
05-08-2017, 08:45 AM
I kind of agree with you... But I feel like this is mostly a symptom of studios releasing incomplete games. Basically forcing players to rely on patches, DLC and quality of life changes that should've been in the main game.

Arctic-Pixie
05-08-2017, 09:00 AM
I kind of agree with you... But I feel like this is mostly a symptom of studios releasing incomplete games. Basically forcing players to rely on patches, DLC and quality of life changes that should've been in the main game.

I am definitely NOT going to dispute that. It definitely happens and I am not OK with the quality ecpectations on games going down. There are definitely both bad eggs and filthy business practices in the game industry as a whole!

But there are examples, here and there, of games that die because they spend too much time in development or where perfectionism required too big changes towards the end, resulting in cancellation, the game feeling out of date when it arrives etc. An example is the chronicles of Spellborn, which, if you havent heard of it there is a reason for that :(

So i do tend to give companies who communicate as much as these devs do the benefit of the doubt because i dont know what kind of camels they, and in turn we, would have had to swallow to get more development time before launch. Compromise is difficult and you never know if you made the wrong choice until it is too late, in those situations.

Xtendead
05-08-2017, 05:59 PM
And this is addressed as one of the bigger priorities. Therefore lower priorities will never be fixed.

Microbrewed
05-09-2017, 12:15 AM
The first post in this thread was 10 days ago and the problem still hasn't been fixed. I'm starting to think they might not be able to fix the problem or it's not as big of a priority as they say. The ai match making takes 10 plus minutes to find a match if it doesn't get canceled with an error first. Some of the orders are extremely difficult if not impossible to do in pvp with an alt character. If this bug was giving players 2x the experience or 2x the steel for the orders I guarantee this would have been fixed the same day.

Eitri17
05-09-2017, 05:25 AM
Still broken.

The best theory I've heard so far was in the other thread: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1648280-No-rewards-for-playing-4v4-vs-AI/page7. The game can be paused for all the modes that don't work, but can't be paused in Brawl. The theory is that the broken games are run entirely on the client while the working ones have an ongoing server connection.

Didjos
05-09-2017, 06:51 AM
Still broken.

The best theory I've heard so far was in the other thread: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1648280-No-rewards-for-playing-4v4-vs-AI/page7. The game can be paused for all the modes that don't work, but can't be paused in Brawl. The theory is that the broken games are run entirely on the client while the working ones have an ongoing server connection.

Tested it and noticed the same thing, maybe we did found what's causing the issue, we are doing devs work ;( if only we could fix it by ourselves too

VampireSamurai
05-09-2017, 07:32 AM
Still no fix I see :( but if that is the issue, then it might not be the fastest fix even though it doesn't sound like the biggest issue. Hopefully this all gets worked out soon. :)

THE_DAGZ
05-09-2017, 12:03 PM

So far I have not run into anyone that it actually worked for, so you would be a first. Are you CERTAIN you had matching off, vs AI and that it was Elimination not Brawl/Duel?? Every person I have ran into so far that claimed it worked for them was actually confused (usually they had matchmaking turned on and just didn't realize it, or they were doing duels or brawls)

The problem occurs regardless of platform. It is Any 4 player match, Vs AI, with Match making off. And so far I have only it consistently fail. I have had friends across the country try it on the different platforms and it did not work for a single one of them.

This clearly isn't going to be fixed any time soon, and honestly this is a big F-You to many of their remaining fans. This is a dieing game sadly and they are only making it worse on themselves.

My wife and I love(d) the game and have spent a good chunk of money on it (2 copies of the game, season passes, etc) so it is quite infuriating.

Arctic-Pixie
05-09-2017, 01:04 PM
No on xbox/ps4 you can finish games vs AI with matchmaking turned off and get rewards as long as you do so solo. If you group up with a friend, and do a match vs AI with matchmaking turned off, you get the same error message as you do when you try solo on PC. So for the consoles, it is possible to play vs AI with matchmaking turned off as long as you do so alone, and not with a friend.

rossato2109
05-09-2017, 04:45 PM
Problem still persists, sadly.

THE_DAGZ
05-09-2017, 05:58 PM
No on xbox/ps4 you can finish games vs AI with matchmaking turned off and get rewards as long as you do so solo. If you group up with a friend, and do a match vs AI with matchmaking turned off, you get the same error message as you do when you try solo on PC. So for the consoles, it is possible to play vs AI with matchmaking turned off as long as you do so alone, and not with a friend.

Go figure I never would've found that, Every test we ran we did together (my wife and I or random friends) so I never put together that it was a grouped thing on Console.

I had sworn I tried doing it myself the first weekend and it still didnt work but I will have to go back and try it again with Matchmaking off and see if it works, not that it matters my wife and I want to play together so its still a big problem for us.

Arctic-Pixie
05-09-2017, 10:19 PM
Go figure I never would've found that, Every test we ran we did together (my wife and I or random friends) so I never put together that it was a grouped thing on Console.

I had sworn I tried doing it myself the first weekend and it still didnt work but I will have to go back and try it again with Matchmaking off and see if it works, not that it matters my wife and I want to play together so its still a big problem for us.

Me and my BF have been doing orders both solo and with matchmaking turned on, but yeah we miss playing together too. We've had some pretty good runs with "strangers" with matchmaking turned on in dominion, but... with orders like "5 elimination matches with an assassin" there's no way I'm subjecting some poor stranger to me trying to duelt a rank 2 bot with a class I'm not comfortable with :p

But it is possible. I do however feel like it didn't work solo on console either during the first few hours/first day like you said, but since I can't remember 100% if it's true or not, I haven't written that anywhere else...

PerfectGun
05-09-2017, 10:42 PM
Me and my BF have been doing orders both solo and with matchmaking turned on, but yeah we miss playing together too. We've had some pretty good runs with "strangers" with matchmaking turned on in dominion, but... with orders like "5 elimination matches with an assassin" there's no way I'm subjecting some poor stranger to me trying to duelt a rank 2 bot with a class I'm not comfortable with :p

But it is possible. I do however feel like it didn't work solo on console either during the first few hours/first day like you said, but since I can't remember 100% if it's true or not, I haven't written that anywhere else...

Yea I normally play with a friend and we have tried to play with matchmaking. However it means waiting sometimes up to 5 min to get a full match together and then have what feels like a 50/50 chance someone will drop and cause the session to crash.

Extremely frustrating, especially, as someone else alluded to, if this bug was giving people double steel while playing AI with a friend and no matchmaking, the severs would have been taken down for an emergency update in a heartbeat.

Bob__Gnarly
05-10-2017, 04:33 AM
I'd like to say I'm surprised that this still hasn't been hot fixed, but....

Didjos
05-10-2017, 07:20 AM
Another confirmation that they are investigating this bug on another thread but no ETA on a fix.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1648280-No-rewards-for-playing-4v4-vs-AI?p=12623254&viewfull=1#post12623254

VampireSamurai
05-10-2017, 07:23 AM
Another confirmation that they are investigating this bug on another thread but no ETA on a fix.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1648280-No-rewards-for-playing-4v4-vs-AI?p=12623254&viewfull=1#post12623254

That's frustrating.

SnugglesIV
05-10-2017, 07:23 AM
UPDATE: It's still broken. I can't even do Elimination orders because VS AI (mm) is dead and I can't find a PVP match for the life of me, even though it's high activity.

VampireSamurai
05-10-2017, 08:13 AM
UPDATE: It's still broken. I can't even do Elimination orders because VS AI (mm) is dead and I can't find a PVP match for the life of me, even though it's high activity.

That kill 400 minion order feels bad man. An hour of playing Dominion in matchmaking and i couldn't complete it because everyone's farming them.

Egotistic_Ez
05-10-2017, 08:51 AM
That kill 400 minion order feels bad man. An hour of playing Dominion in matchmaking and i couldn't complete it because everyone's farming them.

Pick a viking with the tier 4 firebomb skill. They just spawn on it and melt.

DoomSplitter
05-10-2017, 01:07 PM
Hello everyone, Xbox player here, cant play AI games with my friend with matchmaking off and its pretty rubbish.

We tried playing with matchmaking on but we play pretty casually to have fun and everyone we play with just seems to want to gank the AI and win as fast as possible I assume they just want to complete orders ASAP but we want to actually enjoy the game we are in while completing orders. Its much more fun playing with 2 bot teammates as the bots are usually evenly matched so the games are alot closer. (were not very good either haha!)

Brawl works as others have said but none of the 4v4 modes.

Olikorn
05-11-2017, 01:11 AM
So... can we at least expect it to be fixed by the Season 2 update next week?

UbiNoty
05-11-2017, 01:17 AM
I unfortunately don't have a concrete date for you all, but we're definitely on it!

Th3Hound
05-11-2017, 01:19 AM
Seriously this is annoying. I don't want to wait forever for the matchmaking so I try to play a few matches with bots and the game just straight up lies to you with the "Servers are not responding. We'll update your rewards when the results come in." Lol servers are working because I just played a pvp match 2 minutes ago. BS

VampireSamurai
05-11-2017, 05:12 AM
I unfortunately don't have a concrete date for you all, but we're definitely on it!

Thanks for at least being honest. Hopefully it wont take to long.

THE_DAGZ
05-11-2017, 10:11 PM
Well I just went through the Season 2 update notes (1.07 update etc) and this bug is not mentioned anywhere... If 1.07 and may 16th updates roll out and this is not fixed I am going to be very seriously disgruntled.

SnugglesIV
05-12-2017, 05:10 AM
UPDATE: It's still broken.

Patient_Fodder
05-12-2017, 09:25 PM
Sadly I do not see an ETA for any solution here yet:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1666274-PC-All-Game-Modes-in-PLAYER-VS-AI-(Matchmaking-Off)-are-not-giving-rewards

One wonders how many more maidens have to be sacrificed to the evil powers that be, for them to take care of this ......

VampireSamurai
05-13-2017, 04:08 AM
One day this'll be fixed. probably around season 3 xD

SnugglesIV
05-13-2017, 01:43 PM
One day this'll be fixed. probably around season 3 xD

That reminds me. Yeah it's still broken. Thankfully I've started to figure out the "peak" time for AI orders in Australia so I'm able to get them done more often with matchmaking on but we need a fix sooner rather than later. I don't want to do nothing but use custom matches to learn Centurion. I actually want to level him up at the same time against bots.

VampireSamurai
05-14-2017, 12:38 AM
That reminds me. Yeah it's still broken. Thankfully I've started to figure out the "peak" time for AI orders in Australia so I'm able to get them done more often with matchmaking on but we need a fix sooner rather than later. I don't want to do nothing but use custom matches to learn Centurion. I actually want to level him up at the same time against bots.

Right now I need to do the get 8 kills in a single skirmish match without dieing and I keep getting matched with people with full 108 gear who steal every single kill when I get them down to one hit. this is the reason I'd like to be able to do some orders without matchmaking, at least the bots get killed enough that I can get a few kills in.

SnugglesIV
05-14-2017, 01:03 AM
Right now I need to do the get 8 kills in a single skirmish match without dieing and I keep getting matched with people with full 108 gear who steal every single kill when I get them down to one hit. this is the reason I'd like to be able to do some orders without matchmaking, at least the bots get killed enough that I can get a few kills in.

What I tend to do is try to find out who needs to do the order and then work to feed them kills. Take turns until everyone who needs the order has completed it. Never fails for me.

PS. If everyone leaves the AI match, except you, you can still get rewards from it. Worse case scenario, you wait until they all leave and then you can focus on doing the 8 KS order.

VampireSamurai
05-14-2017, 01:16 AM
What I tend to do is try to find out who needs to do the order and then work to feed them kills. Take turns until everyone who needs the order has completed it. Never fails for me.

PS. If everyone leaves the AI match, except you, you can still get rewards from it. Worse case scenario, you wait until they all leave and then you can focus on doing the 8 KS order.

Thats what I did xD once everyone was gone I got it that match, but leading up to it I had a few matches that said I had 20 kills but never completed the order because 75% were stolen by others :(

SnugglesIV
05-14-2017, 11:44 AM
4V4 VS AI (no mm) is still broken. FeelsBadMan

Xtendead
05-14-2017, 02:36 PM
Still no ETA?

Eike.Kusch
05-14-2017, 09:26 PM
Still not working. I have a crappy connection so when my wife is on the internet or watching streamings, I don't play with other players for my sake (and theirs). So playing solo vs AI is the only viable option. Rewards would be nice.
It's almost as if it's intentional. What do you get at forcing us to play PvP? Trying to force some of us to buy your crappy steel to get crappy gear? Just wondering since Ubisoft was cupid enough to put microtransactions in a €60 game.

Looks like the "event" (https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/629g5r/official_for_honor_blackout_community_event_april/)that was organized over a month ago was useless. They're still not acknowledging the community.

Rogue_Strife
05-15-2017, 05:19 PM
Still not working

Crashoverdrive2
05-15-2017, 06:24 PM
more than two weeks with this problem ....

unbelievable.

where are the game /designers/ admins ? in vacation ?

Xtendead
05-15-2017, 06:37 PM
Looks like the "event" (https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/629g5r/official_for_honor_blackout_community_event_april/)that was organized over a month ago was useless. They're still not acknowledging the community.

Hell no. We have now Mods saying: "Sorry all, I have no clue if they ever going to look into this. But if we ever going to have a Trainee to bully around, we let him check it. Please be patient till For Honor 2"!
I'm so glad they take their paying Customers serious now!

kitcho1977
05-16-2017, 12:42 AM
Playing vs players on the Xbox I get a lot of lag if I get in to a match that is, when I try vs AI with match making on it can take 10 min minimum to get into a game. Now that some how they have disabled any xp when match making is off if you have more then 1 person in your party. How do they not no what has happened?? I hope this is fixed in the same patch as the season 2 update, I'm not holding my breath but.

VampireSamurai
05-16-2017, 06:37 AM
Well a few more hours to see if its fixed with season 2s update.

Mia.Nora
05-16-2017, 06:42 AM
Well a few more hours to see if its fixed with season 2s update.

pretty sure it wont, otherwise they would have told it since it is quite a big deal fix people have been waiting for weeks.

VampireSamurai
05-16-2017, 07:38 AM
pretty sure it wont, otherwise they would have told it since it is quite a big deal fix people have been waiting for weeks.

The issue is that it's not all that big of a deal. This one post has gained traction but in general most posts on both here and reddit disappear within a few hours. Without some serious *****ing nothing will get fixed, or at least they wont prioritize it.

SnugglesIV
05-16-2017, 10:28 AM
The issue is that it's not all that big of a deal. This one post has gained traction but in general most posts on both here and reddit disappear within a few hours. Without some serious *****ing nothing will get fixed, or at least they wont prioritize it.

Actually, there was another thread that gained some serious attention. For some reason though, this one has just been the go to for updates and discussion. It's gotten to the point where I've been recognised in VS AI games as "the guy who made the thread." FeelsGood(?)Man

THE_DAGZ
05-16-2017, 03:55 PM
Season 2 / V1.07 DID NOT Fix the issue. Not surprised as it wasn't in the noes, but still disappointed. This is insulting.

VampireSamurai
05-16-2017, 04:40 PM
Actually, there was another thread that gained some serious attention. For some reason though, this one has just been the go to for updates and discussion. It's gotten to the point where I've been recognised in VS AI games as "the guy who made the thread." FeelsGood(?)Man

Are you on Pc?

Xtendead
05-16-2017, 05:11 PM
Season 2 / V1.07 DID NOT Fix the issue. Not surprised as it wasn't in the noes, but still disappointed. This is insulting.

You are right, this is truly insulting! 3 Weeks now and even the Mods don't dare anymore to swing by and tell their usual "blah blah we are on it blah blah high priority blah". Just ridiculous!

Rogue_Strife
05-16-2017, 05:39 PM
All we have to do now is wait for the next excuse

Empress917
05-16-2017, 05:57 PM
Issue still not fixed with patch. I am pretty annoyed as this is pretty much all I play. The only way you can play without waiting 20 minutes for a game. I am pretty annoyed with the devs right now. If this was happening in PVP they would have it fixed in a day.

TheDogBillyro
05-16-2017, 06:11 PM
Yep, still not working with the new update. Disappointed with the devs now - it's been 2 weeks and still nothing. Come on, it's the new season - fix these modes!

PerfectGun
05-16-2017, 10:35 PM
Really disappointed in the lack of updates around this issue.

SprigganEX666
05-17-2017, 02:59 AM
Very very but very displeased with the new season.

I do not care about the new stuffs if i can´t play productively since the multiplayer versus player is the WORSE from all multiplayer i ever played wich is a complete JOKE considering this was made for online gaming.

And now versus AI still is not fixed? Blergh, is the last time i buy something from Ubisoft since is already 2 weeks and still is not fixed even with the new season content? Blergh.....

Time to play games that came to me complete...

DEV´s, what will be your new EXCUSE for it?

SnugglesIV
05-17-2017, 08:56 AM
UPDATE: Just tested and VS AI (no mm) is still broken. If you wanna level up those new characters with orders, you're gonna have to do it in PVP still. Be ready to lose some matches, and don't give a **** about stats.

darksavior1977
05-17-2017, 02:37 PM
Right now for me this is the biggest gamebreaking issue. I cannot effectively even play the game with this going on. Matchmaking is a nightmare to deal with, and now I can't even do AI matches if I want any progress. This is a legit bug. So I hope the devs are prioritizing getting this **** fixed over anything else.

I will add, the whole Season Pass, get the heroes 2 weeks early sell is total ******** if the game doesn't want to even work right in those 2 weeks. I am NEVER buying a season pass for a UBI game again, between this **** and the ******** that was Wildlands Narco Road, I have done nothing but been made to regret it.

Lyskir
05-17-2017, 02:46 PM
still broken, ubi pls...

Arteenum
05-17-2017, 03:41 PM
So before I post this I just want to be absolutely clear, I am not holding anything against the customer service representative in question. I have worked this kind of job before and know how frustrating it can be when a bunch of people ask you for information you simply do not have access to. This is rather an indication of a major flaw in the way customer service works in general.

Jonah P (5/17/2017, 10:17:06 AM): Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Live Support. Please give me a moment to review your case. In the meantime, feel free to add any additional information that may pertain to your issue, and I will be with you shortly.
Jonah P (5/17/2017, 10:17:30 AM): Hello Arteenum
Me (5/17/2017, 10:17:39 AM): hello
Jonah P (5/17/2017, 10:17:56 AM): We currently have no information regarding the resolution of this issue
Jonah P (5/17/2017, 10:18:44 AM): We have been informed that is is still a known bug but no further information has been provided
Jonah P (5/17/2017, 10:18:53 AM): Sorry for the inconvenience
Me (5/17/2017, 10:20:14 AM): Is there any kind of direct communication customer service has with development teams or the like? because it does seem as though the agents people contact through this chat have no more information than anyone else
Jonah P (5/17/2017, 10:20:16 AM): Sorry but we cannot release information regarding our procedures here.
Me (5/17/2017, 10:21:32 AM): but wouldn't it be to the benefit of your customer service to at least be able to offer some indication that someone is trying to get into contact with the team that should be working on this?
Jonah P (5/17/2017, 10:21:39 AM): I'm sorry for the inconvenience but we currently have no further information regarding the matter. Once more updates have been release the game's official forums will be updated.
Jonah P (5/17/2017, 10:21:47 AM): Is there anything else that I can assist you with today?
Me (5/17/2017, 10:21:54 AM): no thank you

Essentially, customer service has no more information than we do and have no means of getting more information. What this means is that, unless someone higher up decides to push the devs, everyone, including ubisoft employees, have to deal with the team's "shut up and let us work" approach. Now that can be fine with teams who have proven that this means they are spending all their time ensuring the issue is fixed in a timely manner, but the For Honor has often dropped the ball in that respect. So, anyone having this issue who would like nothing more than to have it fixed to be able to play the game you paid for the way you're supposed to be able to play, there are currently three main threads on this forum for the issue:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1648280-No-rewards-for-playing-4v4-vs-AI/page10
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1666274?p=12632204#post12632204
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1649292-Contracts-VS-AI-broken/page16

Continue posting your frustration, send e-mails, vote down on steam, anything to show them that they are not doing a good job addressing their community's concern. If we let the issue die down, they can keep thinking they can take their sweet time. If the noise just gets worse, they will be forced to react.

Eike.Kusch
05-17-2017, 03:51 PM
Yup, just filed a ticket at customer service. I suggest we all do the same to put some pressure on them.

Xtendead
05-17-2017, 09:37 PM
I don't know how to troll in this Thread anymore, without getting very rude. This Issue and how Ubisoft is treating it is a punch in the face of their Community and Customers. It slowly reaches the point where i wanna show them the finger and free some space on my SSD.Remember! This is addressed as high Priority. This Bug occurred 3 Weeks ago and hugely impacts game experience by not rewarding anything for private matches. No word since days about it and even no ETA for the fix. I am really about to let go the hope for a fix and therefore the Game itself.

SK-LorD4rk
05-18-2017, 12:32 AM
I only PvP in Duels (and rarely in Brawls), anything else for me is PvAI... so, as everybody else here I'm also suffering from this issue for more than 2 weeks.

Long short story:

1. Finally convinced GF to buy the game (one day prior to patch 1.06);
2. After the patch, core issue happens. Can not play PvAI matchmaking OFF with GF (so she can't learn the game AND earn XP at the same time), except for Brawls;
3. Got ultra hyped for DLC chars/maps;
4. Convinced two more friends to buy the game and the DLC (naive enough to believe this core issue CERTAINLY would be fixed by patch 1.07);
5. Patch 1.07 launches, still broken - can't play together with my friends as matchmaking ON never works for us here in Brazil when we join individually or 3+1;
6. After several tries and rage, finally found a way to bypass the problem (only because we are in exactly 4): create two groups of 2 people and search PvAI with MM ON - works only 50% of the time;

I'm one the of the few hardcore defenders of the game as you can see in my posts, but I must confess you guys make our life impossible with this kind of neglect. No updates on the matter? No ETA? Release major content (DLC), but don't fix a core functionality. Seriously?

Can a representative/CM please enter this thread and post an ETA? 1 week? 2 weeks? 1 month? So we can at least stop entering this thread daily in hope for an official update.

:(

Rogue_Strife
05-18-2017, 12:40 AM
They did a pretty good job on hyping the new season and heroes, I even thought on buying the season pass and sometimes I'm glad this bug occurred cause it completely threw me off of that idea lol, now think about how much money they are loosing with this bad support, the community is already so small, how many more people will have to leave this game before they realize the mistakes they are making?

SprigganEX666
05-18-2017, 01:45 AM
The blame is all on Ubisoft, since they did not fix the essential and keep pushing new contents regardless....

All that i noticed is that Ubisoft aint worthy as a developer because they made the game during on alpha/beta with full dedicated servers connections and we buy expecting that is a full product and still uses micro transations without being f2p and changes to p2p connection with 20 minutes queues? Worse move i ever saw on video game industry!!!!

I dare to say that they do not works well and have a very poor know how for gaming industry seeing the size on For Honor comunnity and have a very poor administration, and i NEVER saw a top priority bug without at least a ETA so does your Ubisoft guys are telling that not knows what to do with it? ROFL!

Come on Ubisoft, theres better jokes to joke around my face **** and if you continue like that... Your VERY SMALL community will be nowhere near ZERO soon.

ASN_Neto86
05-18-2017, 02:03 AM
Hi Ubisoft, i'm one of Rih's friend (still can't believe he convinced me to buy it). Any ETA on the FIX?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I only PvP in Duels (and rarely in Brawls), anything else for me is PvAI... so, as everybody else here I'm also suffering from this issue for more than 2 weeks.

Long short story:

2. After the patch, core issue happens. Can not play PvAI matchmaking OFF with GF (so she can't learn the game AND earn XP at the same time), except for Brawls;
4. Convinced two more friends to buy the game and the DLC (naive enough to believe this core issue CERTAINLY would be fixed by patch 1.07);
5. Patch 1.07 launches, still broken - can't play together with my friends as matchmaking ON never works for us here in Brazil when we join individually or 3+1;
6. After several tries and rage, finally found a way to bypass the problem (only because we are in exactly 4): create two groups of 2 people and search PvAI with MM ON - works only 50% of the time;

I'm one the of the few hardcore defenders of the game as you can see in my posts, but I must confess you guys make our life impossible with this kind of neglect. No updates on the matter? No ETA? Release major content (DLC), but don't fix a core functionality. Seriously?

Can a representative/CM please enter this thread and post an ETA? 1 week? 2 weeks? 1 month? So we can at least stop entering this thread daily in hope for an official update.

SnugglesIV
05-18-2017, 04:07 AM
I presume that it's still broken then? FeelsReally****ingBadMan

VampireSamurai
05-18-2017, 06:46 AM
I presume that it's still broken then? FeelsReally****ingBadMan

This is ridiculous, hot fix so people can play the new maps and yet no fix to this bug.

SnugglesIV
05-18-2017, 07:48 AM
This is ridiculous, hot fix so people can play the new maps and yet no fix to this bug.

It's pretty sad that we still don't have VS AI for order farming. It may have got me to start playing Centurion in domination earlier than I would have liked (which turned out to be a good thing for me, won every one of my games as Centurion), but it's still sad that I can't complete orders so I don't have to worry about them in PVP matches.

And yes, they definitely don't work. I tested Elim and Skirmish VS AI (no mm) and no dice.

VampireSamurai
05-18-2017, 08:20 AM
It's pretty sad that we still don't have VS AI for order farming. It may have got me to start playing Centurion in domination earlier than I would have liked (which turned out to be a good thing for me, won every one of my games as Centurion), but it's still sad that I can't complete orders so I don't have to worry about them in PVP matches.

And yes, they definitely don't work. I tested Elim and Skirmish VS AI (no mm) and no dice.

I can't get the hang of cent yet, or maybe its just because I rarely get a chance to fight someone one on one without everyone and their dog trying to steal the kill.

SnugglesIV
05-18-2017, 08:32 AM
I can't get the hang of cent yet, or maybe its just because I rarely get a chance to fight someone one on one without everyone and their dog trying to steal the kill.

Have you looked at Klyka's quick video on him? That helped me a lot with his combos. Also watch xDreegan. He's maining Centurion and he's pretty good at him. He's also really open to questions so you can pick his brain for some things.

Didjos
05-18-2017, 02:15 PM
Today another fix for the new maps ... but still nothing about the current biggest issue for us coop players

THE_DAGZ
05-18-2017, 03:54 PM
Today another fix for the new maps ... but still nothing about the current biggest issue for us coop players

They just insist on slapping us in the face over and over. My patience are growing short, but hey what do they care they already got $200+ out of me. (2 x game, 2 x season pass, etc)

Divenity
05-18-2017, 06:06 PM
Still broken.

Rogue_Strife
05-18-2017, 06:16 PM
Just want to remind you guys that this bug is almost turning ONE MONTH. HOLY ****

darksavior1977
05-18-2017, 06:28 PM

Long short story:

I feel your pain, I had 2 friends buy it also who won't touch it now because of the hassle of matchmaking. Ubisoft is tanking their new IP by failing to support it on the technical side. It sucks to watch, sucks more that we paid for it.

Divenity
05-18-2017, 07:48 PM
Playing against people is absolute cancer right now in 4v4s, Centurion and Shin are downright gamebreaking in 4v4. Centurion has a ****ing 6 second stunlock othat he can throw out basically whenever he pleases, and Shinobi can GB from range, from out of Field of View, which makes it basically uncounterable.

Whoever thought that **** was OK needs a new job.

Ubisoft is tanking their new IP by failing to support it on the technical side. It sucks to watch, sucks more that we paid for it.
They are also tanking their new IP by failing to understand the concept of balance... Everyone I know who quit did so because of **** like Warden's vortex, and with the above statement about Cent/Shinobi, they are only making it worse. Being stunlocked while 3 people beat my face in isn't fun, if I'm going to lose the 3v1, and I likely will, I want to at least be able to FIGHT to my death, not stare at my disabled character until he or she dies.

I want to at least be able to just fight with and against AI and ge rewards until this crap gets fixed.

PerfectGun
05-18-2017, 08:32 PM
So approaching a month of being broken and no updates for nearly a week....and the only way to check for updates is to look at all the various threads across the forums.

As a suggestion Ubi, you could pick one of the topics (such as the one in known errors sub-forum, even though it is only flagged as PC and really should have the console issues listed as well) and set a daily update schedule. Such as at a minimum you will update the thread each day at 3PM with the current status. This couple minutes of effort would cut down on all the various posts we keep making regarding this issue and show an actual desire to communicate with your customers.

Arteenum
05-18-2017, 08:38 PM
For anyone, like me, who wants to get back to the game but is too frustrated from the whole AI thing, this comes from the Warrior's Den for this week :

"They have a hot fix for pc in the making now to fix the sound issue.PvAI is also being worked on, mostly happens on pc, occasionally console."

If this can give us at least a bit of hope

Eike.Kusch
05-18-2017, 08:43 PM
They simply don't want us to play by ourselves VS AI but are afraid to tell us. Since so many people left the game since its release, they need people to play VS other players to reduce matchmaking queues.

I hope I'm wrong but the fact that they take so much time to fix that issue and don't communicate about it makes me think they're trying to quietly and patiently screw us.

Rogue_Strife
05-18-2017, 09:59 PM
For anyone, like me, who wants to get back to the game but is too frustrated from the whole AI thing, this comes from the Warrior's Den for this week :

"They have a hot fix for pc in the making now to fix the sound issue.PvAI is also being worked on, mostly happens on pc, occasionally console."

If this can give us at least a bit of hope

What's the time frame where they talk about that?

DoomSplitter
05-18-2017, 10:01 PM
They simply don't want us to play by ourselves VS AI but are afraid to tell us. Since so many people left the game since its release, they need people to play VS other players to reduce matchmaking queues.

I hope I'm wrong but the fact that they take so much time to fix that issue and don't communicate about it makes me think they're trying to quietly and patiently screw us.

well its not working in my case I simple haven't been playing it. Playing coop with just my friend is how we intended to enjoy the game. I'm getting fed up with checking in to see if its fixed. Ill check again next week when the heroes roll out for everyone its a great game but its slowly looking more appealing as a trade-in next time im in town.

Rogue_Strife
05-18-2017, 10:14 PM
All right, I went through the Warriors Den May 18 Livestream and around the 20 min mark they talk about the next hotfix they are working on and they mention the PvAI problem but it's still the same answer "we are working on it", just so if you guys want to check that out

Divenity
05-18-2017, 10:16 PM

That's not how this works... If people don't want to play with other people, they aren't going to play with other people... That means when you remove their option to play alone, they quit.

Xtendead
05-18-2017, 10:20 PM
Base XP gained on a Dominion (Private) match won increased from 0 to 0
Base XP gained on a Dominion (Private) match lost or tied increased from 0 to 0.
Base XP gained on a Skirmish (Private) match won increased from 0 to 0.
Base XP gained on a Skirmish (Private) match lost or tied increased from 0 to 0.
Base XP gained on an Elimination (Private) match won increased from 0 to 0.
Base XP gained on an Elimination (Private) match lost or tied increased from 0 to 0.
Base XP gained on a Brawl (Private) match won increased from 110 to 150.
Base XP gained on a Brawl (Private) match lost or tied increased from 80 to 110..
Base XP gained on a Duel (Private) match won increased from 0 to 0.
Base XP gained on a Duel (Private) match lost or tied increased from 0 to 0.

Btw... didn't someone from Ubisoft stated Duels don't give XP because it's more like a Practice Mode? Then why:
Base XP gained on a Duel (Private) match won increased from 100 to 130.
Base XP gained on a Duel (Private) match lost or tied increased from 70 to 90.
?

Tipertuba
05-18-2017, 10:52 PM

Long short story:

I'm one of the friends Rih mentions.. I really like this game, but it's sad to see such a great potential for a game and bugs like these ruin it..
Please fix this bug with urgency.. it's better to have a game working than having new outfits and stuff..
These bugs will keep new players from joining and make old players leave..

Again, I am a big fan of this game, but please work on this ASAP..

UbiNoty
05-18-2017, 11:38 PM

As the problem was predominantly with PC players, we're pushing the fix with our PC hotfix that will take place tomorrow - so everyone on PC should be be able to complete contracts and earn rewards in PvAI without matchmaking in any game modes (except 1vAI) - after the maintenance tomorrow.

As for console players who are experiencing this problem, this fix will come as soon as the hotfix is verified for PS4/XB1.

Sorry it took so long everyone! We apologize for the wait! We really appreciated your patience and understanding throughout this process.

SK-LorD4rk
05-19-2017, 12:29 AM

I love you. :o

SK-LorD4rk
05-19-2017, 12:32 AM
... PvAI without matchmaking in any game modes (except 1vAI) - after the maintenance tomorrow.

UbiNoty, can you please explain why you are desativating XP from 1vAI as per below lines from patch 1.07:

Base XP gained on a Duel (Private) match won increased from 100 to 130.
Base XP gained on a Duel (Private) match lost or tied increased from 70 to 90.

... or you mean: players can earn XP in 1vAI as per above, but can not complete 1vAI orders (Duel orders)? Thank you.

darksavior1977
05-19-2017, 12:39 AM

SWEET! Thank you!

Mia.Nora
05-19-2017, 01:16 AM

Why can console players get rewards for 1vsAI but not PC???!!!! Seriously??

Empress917
05-19-2017, 01:24 AM
When is this getting fixed today? As of now it is still broken.

ScarIette
05-19-2017, 01:34 AM
Uhmm..why is 1v1 not getting fixed?

Kakuzu712
05-19-2017, 01:36 AM
When is this getting fixed today? As of now it is still broken.
Getting fixed tomorrow. UbiNoty posted that 2 hours ago. But I'm glad it's getting fixed finally. I'm foreseeing my playtime to start skyrocketing tomorrow after the hotfix.

Divenity
05-19-2017, 01:40 AM
Why can console players get rewards for 1vsAI but not PC???!!!! Seriously??

This.

I hate Duel, I want to get the order done and leave but it takes an hour and a half to do that crap against players.

Rogue_Strife
05-19-2017, 01:40 AM
I just tested this now with a friend, all 4v4 modes are fixed only Duels are still broken

EDIT:

Scratch that, maybe we were just too lucky

Kakuzu712
05-19-2017, 04:09 AM
I just tested this now with a friend, all 4v4 modes are fixed only Duels are still broken

EDIT:

Scratch that, maybe we were just too lucky
Yea I tried it out right after you posted this and I was all excited. Oh well, might have had something to do with you playing with another person instead of on your own? Weird how you could get through all 4v4 gamemodes and not get hit with "could not retrieve".

SnugglesIV
05-19-2017, 05:26 AM

YEA BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

We can officially say that Ubi is better than DICE. The last massive thread on a bug in a DICE game (ie. driver/GPU errors with GTX 770s in Battlefield 4) didn't get a fix for months. Ubi responds multiple times (even giving quick updates on the situation) and releases a hot fix in 3 weeks. FeelsGoodMan =) Now we have to get the Centurion/Shinobi Hybrid/Assassin order bug fixed and then orders will be sweet.

JamaasK
05-19-2017, 06:28 AM
everyone on PC should be be able to complete contracts and earn rewards in PvAI without matchmaking in any game modes (except 1vAI)

Could you explain why? Why do console players get this but PC players don't? Apparently XP is even buffed for that mode on console, yet it's continuously being neglected on PC.

NightRare
05-19-2017, 09:40 AM
So when will this fix happen exactly?

XxHunterHxX
05-19-2017, 09:51 AM

Ubi be like.... Soon

http://www.hobbyconsolas.com/sites/hobbyconsolas.com/public/media/image/2014/11/410924-club-chistendo-25-campanadas-ano.jpg

SnugglesIV
05-19-2017, 09:53 AM

"Tomorrow." I don't know what time that was posted in Ubi timezone but it should not be long now. It'll probably hit tomorrow morning AEST for all the Australians out there.

THE_DAGZ
05-19-2017, 03:11 PM
Well at least its coming... Finally

Anyone have a guess as to how long between the PC fix coming today-ish and it coming to Consoles?

Eike.Kusch
05-19-2017, 03:49 PM
Just tested, nothing changed.

NightRare
05-19-2017, 05:18 PM
So.... seems still not fixed?

Nordic__
05-19-2017, 05:40 PM

So when is the patch today? I looked through the steam forums and didn't find any direct reference to a hotfix patch coming to PC, just a redirect to an Eric.Pope post giving an official acknowledgement of the issue with less information on a potential fix than this post. Among the news and other discussions the most recent thing is the 1.07 patch notes which unfortunately says nothing about this issue. Can you provide a link or state when we can expect the patch to come through today?

MechaG2
05-19-2017, 06:07 PM

1vAI will be getting fixed in the future though, right? It was already extremely frustrating not being able to get our match rewards and Orders progress in 1vAI before several of the other modes were affected. PLEASE fix the 1vAI rewards/Orders issue too, Ubisoft. :(

Tessai117
05-19-2017, 06:49 PM
Still nothing..

Soul_Assassin85
05-19-2017, 07:04 PM
servers are finally in maintenance... lets cross our fingers

New Patch ready

Empress917
05-19-2017, 07:26 PM
Patch applied. Just tried a elimination match. Still broken.

Soul_Assassin85
05-19-2017, 07:28 PM
Same... played elimination.. still broken

Tessai117
05-19-2017, 07:29 PM
Patch applied. Just tried a Brawl match. Still broken.

Huh? it always worked in brawl. Tried a Dominion match and nothing after the maintenance though. We got played.

rossato2109
05-19-2017, 07:29 PM
Still broken, its unbelivable a company the size of ubisoft can leave something like this for over a month! This game is a trainwreck.

Lyskir
05-19-2017, 07:30 PM
UBI pls?

Empress917
05-19-2017, 07:32 PM
Huh? it always worked in brawl. Tried a Dominion match and nothing after the maintenance though. We got played.

It works in 2v2 matches, nothing else.

Tessai117
05-19-2017, 07:36 PM
It works in 2v2 matches, nothing else.

What do you think brawl is?

Empress917
05-19-2017, 07:39 PM
What do you think brawl is?

Meant elimination, my bad

Arteenum
05-19-2017, 07:47 PM
Just saw the announcement for the PC hotfix:

"Hello warriors,

A maintenance was just performed on PC. Please find the patch notes below:

VERSION 1.07.1 HOTFIX 1 ON PC

Sound fixes
[PC] Missing sound after patching to Season 2
Description: We fixed an issue preventing some PC players to enjoy the sound and music of the game in Season2.

Miscellaneous fixes
[PC] System not able to access to “For Honor Data” folder
Description: We fixed an issue that was blocking players to launch the game as the system was not able to access to the “For Honor Data” folder."

That's right, no mention of fixing VS AI

Divenity
05-19-2017, 07:54 PM
Can also confirm still broken... Very disappointing.

NightRare
05-19-2017, 07:55 PM
Ubi's a joke

Lyskir
05-19-2017, 08:01 PM
keep this thread up until they fix it.....

its just sad

Didjos
05-19-2017, 08:05 PM
3 weeks of wait for a bug that should have been fix in 3 days max
Finnally yesterday we heard that it will be fix in the next 24H

24H later .... patch released without the fix .... is this some kind of joke or just Ubisoft saying "**** you customers we dont give a **** about you...." ?

Ex__Machina
05-19-2017, 08:12 PM
i'm like many people here and am only doing duels since 4v4 anything is pure cancer atm. i tried to face ai and found the issue we've been posting about for the last 4 weeks has still not been addressed. i decided to suffer through a dominion match and had the game crash before score screen. both of these issues have been going on for far too long.

darksavior1977
05-19-2017, 08:16 PM
I can't even begin to express my disappointment that this issue hasn't been fixed. Not certainly in any way that wouldn't just be a string of expletives. This is a gamebreaking issue, not content, not balance, but literally no ability to play the game as I desire and using feature (AI) that are standard. I wouldn't have purchased this game if I had known this would happen.

Didjos
05-19-2017, 08:19 PM
I can't even begin to express my disappointment that this issue hasn't been fixed. Not certainly in any way that wouldn't just be a string of expletives. This is a gamebreaking issue, not content, not balance, but literally no ability to play the game as I desire and using feature (AI) that are standard. I wouldn't have purchased this game if I had known this would happen.

+1000 they seem to dont really care some of us have buy the game to play VS AI ... hey you can still play in pvp with other players so what are you complaining about ...

Next time an Ubisoft game is out i wait 2 years so i can buy it for 10 dollars and dont really care if some features are brokens ....

Xtendead
05-19-2017, 08:20 PM
Wow... looks like the Devs let the Mods run straight into the Knife. Don't want to be stuck in your skin right now...

darksavior1977
05-19-2017, 08:30 PM
Wow... looks like the Devs let the Mods run straight into the Knife. Don't want to be stuck in your skin right now...

Not sure if that is correct or not, as the patch notes for 1.07 indicate this should be fixed and in theory the patch notes come from the devs, but someone for sure dropped the ball here.

Awoo-
05-19-2017, 08:45 PM
Seriously? I love this game, but its been what, 3 weeks since this has started, and they still haven't fixed it? How hard can it be to fix when the other two platforms worked fine? And no 1v1 fix either, why is that even an issue when consoles are perfectly okay?

darksavior1977
05-19-2017, 09:18 PM

Hey Ubinoty, any update, since this wasn't fixed by the hotfix? Cause we kinda got our hopes up, only to be let down...again. So anything you could do to help us set expectations on this would be super. Thanks.

Didjos
05-19-2017, 09:44 PM
Weekend ... dont even except a fix before next week now ...

Dank.Birb.Memes
05-19-2017, 10:19 PM
We'll be lucky to even have this fixed by next week. More like next month or maybe season 3 these guys don't know what the hell there doing. Hearing its going to be fixed and it doesn't is worse than hearing nothing at all this is just shameful Ubisoft.

vssdark
05-19-2017, 11:06 PM
This is just sad. I've tested and nothing is working.

Lyskir
05-19-2017, 11:07 PM
They have lied to us huh?

Primus16
05-19-2017, 11:18 PM
Allmost 4 weeks with this fantastic bug and Bugysoft have done nothing as allways and i dont thing they sees this as a bug or care for player who like to play with friends vs ai, bot if this was player vs player bug then i have no doubt this bug was fixt quick. A good Learning lesson to you ubi I when players complain then dont ignore them just fix your ****.

UbiNoty
05-19-2017, 11:23 PM
I apologize everyone. The fix was originally meant to go through with today's hotfix but it was delayed. I'll update you all once again when I get some news on the situation.

VampireSamurai
05-19-2017, 11:29 PM

I know this isnt your fault, but at this point people are very pissed off and rightly so. I'm hoping ubi does something to make up for how long this bugs been going on, at the very least they need to fix it so you can play every mode with matchmaking off solo. That includes duels because their is no reason to warrant it not giving players exp for playing it without matchmaking.

I don't care about free crates or champion status time, I want to be able to play this game in whichever way I so choose without feeling punished for it.

Awoo-
05-19-2017, 11:35 PM
I know this isnt your fault, but at this point people are very pissed off and rightly so. I'm hoping ubi does something to make up for how long this bugs been going on, at the very least they need to fix it so you can play every mode with matchmaking off solo. That includes duels because their is no reason to warrant it not giving players exp for playing it without matchmaking.

I don't care about free crates or champion status time, I want to be able to play this game in whichever way I so choose without feeling punished for it.

we aren't going to get jack for this. I would be pleasantly surprised, but considering its been on the backburner all this time, they barely care.

SkatGameManic
05-20-2017, 12:12 AM

(except 1vAI)?? would you let me know why pc can't get reward from duel pvai but console?

and why do dev increase duel pvai reward if they don't fix no reward bug on duel pvai?

UbiNoty
05-20-2017, 12:21 AM
(except 1vAI)?? would you let me know why pc can't get reward from duel pvai but console?

and why do dev increase duel pvai reward if they don't fix no reward bug on duel pvai?

I'll ask and see if I can get some clarity about the 1vAI thing.

SprigganEX666
05-20-2017, 12:31 AM
I will only believe in your guys when the fix happens, if im gonna log to check if was fixed? HELL NO cuz im not stupid enough to believe in any Ubisoft word, only from players.

Whatever it is, is the last product from Ubisoft that i buy and NEVER EVER will put a single money because not is the first time that Ubisoft lies and hypes cowardly the peoples.

Good game Ubisoft, since you guys just lost another potential $$$ player.:mad: and i have here tons of games which they value their customers to play that i gonna play now and put some money in the most fun ways.

SkatGameManic
05-20-2017, 12:32 AM

thx for quick respond

Microbrewed
05-20-2017, 01:02 AM
A month later and it's still not fixed. (puts on tinfoil at) It's starting to seem like they are purposely delaying the fix to make it harder to level up and gear out the new characters without buying steel. And they don't want PC players to get credit for 1v1 duels with ai because the population on PC is already so low and it would increase the queue time.

Eitri17
05-20-2017, 01:31 AM

If it doesn't get fixed look forward to either a bunch of reports that the UI still promises rewards will be added or a bunch of reports that it used to work on consoles (this can be mitigated with proper error messaging) or that it's inconsistent across platforms (this is the most likely because why would the devs fix something that behaves like they think it should but tells the player something different?)