PDA

View Full Version : AC Syndicate low FPS

mrmcox
04-28-2017, 05:22 PM
I've just started playing syndicate, and think Im getting a low FPS, my system is i5 4690k, 8GB Ram, gtx1080.
I would have thought this would be enough to play the game at 1080p on ultra at a steady 60fps.... However Im only getting a steady 45-50fps... Is this game just badly optimised ? or am I missing something ?

thanks

strigoi1958
04-29-2017, 02:21 AM
I play in 1440p and I get more than enough FPS... but as this game is not a racing car game or a flying game ... anything over 30 fps is plenty... if you want more than 45 to 50 fps (which is plenty) then you will have to change some of the Nvidia more demanding settings .... I once linked a feature on this forum that showed a pc with 2 titan x cards in sli struggling to get 80 fps in a batman game... if 2 titan x cards are struggling with Nvidias settings... what chance do we have?

Anyway there are a couple of things that can be lowered that have virtually no visual difference but will improve performance a lot. check out this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM1Tv1o8Ly0

Also other things can have an effect on performance... geforce experience is bad and damages performance in games....

And if you are running win 10... turning off the game dvr in the xbox app will increase fps as well.