PDA

View Full Version : Why do people quit after one match?

RobinMoran
04-28-2017, 09:44 AM
I'm wondering why a lot of people quit out of a session after one match, rather than continuing to the next match? Personally I hate waiting for the matchmaking and would rather continue and get to the next fight as soon as possible.

Any thoughts?

matt89connor
04-28-2017, 09:52 AM
I'm wondering why a lot of people quit out of a session after one match, rather than continuing to the next match? Personally I hate waiting for the matchmaking and would rather continue and get to the next fight as soon as possible.

Any thoughts?

1) a friend is leaving
2) they have finish the order
3)too strong enemy
4) 30% of players have gone
5) bug crash etc..
.....there are 1000 of possibility XD

Joseph_2017
04-28-2017, 10:24 AM
I always leave to play with other players each round(diff heroes, tactics) but on rare occasions I'll stay for a rematch if all previous players vote it due to a close game.

SendRickPics
04-28-2017, 10:33 AM
Simple reasons for me.

I get tired of playing with a group after one round of their ********.

Hell if I deal with gang bangers who emote spam, I quit out before a match is finished because I'm not going to be their entertainment. They want to play like ******bags, they can fight bots.

guffffff
04-28-2017, 10:33 AM
There is always one player who wont ready up so you have to wait for the timer to finish by which time players get bored waiting and quit lol. The timer should be just 5 seconds so we can get straight back into another match!

Draghmar
04-28-2017, 10:42 AM
I fought 1v1 once with someone named: I.do.Rage.Quit. I killed him in a first round and...he quit. ;)

Egotistic_Ez
04-28-2017, 10:46 AM
I'll stay if it's a fairly balanced and lag free game, which is why I quit 90% of the time.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-28-2017, 10:54 AM
Number 1 reason? The lobby crashes if there aren't enough people and they don't wanna wait around for nothing.

Other than that some of the time its because they are buttmad they lost.

Other times they just want better teammates.

Some other times people just need to take a piss or grab a drink.

Joseph_2017
04-28-2017, 11:00 AM
There is always one player who wont ready up so you have to wait for the timer to finish by which time players get bored waiting and quit lol. The timer should be just 5 seconds so we can get straight back into another match!

This is the main cause, but I guess the point of the wait is for deploying assets and checking out the loot.

bananaflow2017
04-28-2017, 11:40 AM
N 1 reasons mentioned above:
1 player cant manage Pressing the ready button.
The other is: not enough Players for a match

kweassa1917
04-28-2017, 12:55 PM
There's a bit of awkwardness in fighting the same guys -- especially if you were on the losing side, which implies you'll keep on losing if the sides remain the same.

And especially against premades, the only thing PUG players can do to is simply avoid them. Since unlike PUGs, which random chance of grouping ensures that in the long run things stay fair, having to fight premades is basically (in most cases) same thing as disadvantaged from the start.... Premade groups are sort of similar to "rigging the match" in your favor in that the group starts out without any of the problems PUG meet in random groupings.

So theoretically, premades should only be forced to meet premades, but usually game devs allow premades to meet PUGs -- since its easier to design the game that way.

Gray360UK
04-28-2017, 12:56 PM
Basically because the losers don't want to lose again.

So you almost always get 3-4 leave from the losing team, especially if they lost badly. That then leads to a state where there aren't enough players left for a new game, even if 3 of you sit there until the next match is about to start, you'll only end up with the screen that tells you there aren't enough players left.

Draghmar
04-28-2017, 01:11 PM
I mostly leave after one fight if it's not 1v1. I stayed only a few times when I saw that most people wanted to stay also and the fight itself was good. But normally I want to get new people. And it doesn't matter if I just won or not.

M.Sword.Y.Face
04-28-2017, 01:13 PM
I have a feeling that restarting a search is faster than waiting for all players to get ready.

Prophit618
04-28-2017, 02:40 PM
Have to agree wtih Coyote on this one.

For me, if two people leave the match, I'm gone. Since as soon as a third leaves, the match is doomed anyway, if I see 2 people leave and everyone else didn't ready up immediately, why would I stick around for up to 90 seconds just to most likely get disconnected anyway? On top of that it's so rare that people will stick around for a rematch anyway, it's generally not even worth waiting to see how many people jump ship right away, as odds as strongly against getting a rematch if multiple people haven't vocalized it already.

atac56
04-28-2017, 04:32 PM
the fact that the lobby will auto close if 4 people leave despite waiting for 2mins is good enough reason. and if yall haven't noticed, if the game rematches and theres a bot in the game that bot will never be replaced by a player. the rematch system is bad and ironically takes more time than searching for another match

Illyrian_King
04-28-2017, 04:37 PM

Any thoughts?

Always the same wonder ^^

Isn't it way more annoying to wait 3-4min for the next match, then playing with people you can't defeat? ;)

AKDagriZ
04-28-2017, 04:40 PM
Depend on which mode.for duel usually even if you lost badly your first duel after couple match in a row you catch up your opponent playstyle.That said a lot will prefer to leave to not reveal their playstyle

For other modes i think all the reasons why are mentionned above

RenfieldX
04-28-2017, 06:04 PM
For me it's so that I can get into another match quickly. There's always that one freaking guy that doesn't click 'ready', so we have to wait out the timer for the next match. It's quicker for me to quit and find another match.

If I'm with a good group that all press ready quickly, I'll happily stay, but I rarely find that with random groupings.

SymphonyWarrior
04-28-2017, 06:16 PM
Simple reasons for me.

I get tired of playing with a group after one round of their ********.

Hell if I deal with gang bangers who emote spam, I quit out before a match is finished because I'm not going to be their entertainment. They want to play like ******bags, they can fight bots.

I agree with you on this, I hate emote spam specially from within the gang bang. Some players are too afraid by themselves.

Prophit618
04-28-2017, 07:48 PM
Always the same wonder ^^

Isn't it way more annoying to wait 3-4min for the next match, then playing with people you can't defeat? ;)

For me, and most of my friends, matchmaking from scratch never takes 2 minutes. So it's usually quicker to quit right away and re-queue. And that's even assuming that enough people will rematch, which is the bigger problem.

UbiNoty
04-29-2017, 01:58 AM
We are looking for ways to optimize gameflow and procession currently, as well as other QOL things such as UI menu and lobby improvements. While everyone has their own reasons for leaving/staying in a queue - we are interested to hear what you all have to say about it and your experiences with it as well.

What kinds of things do you think could be improved with the current queue process/lobbies/UI/etc?

IMMA_MAILGEYMER
04-29-2017, 03:27 AM

Any thoughts?

Some ppl still thinks that leaving right before the final screen will not count as a loss.Then they immediately go on forhonor tracker to see if they're still at 99999999999999999 place.