PDA

View Full Version : For Honor Future

Specialkha
04-28-2017, 06:15 AM
We all know that defensive meta is THE problem of FH currently. Ubisoft invited some "top" players to their HQ in Montreal (I believe) to have some discussions (and it seems they played a more offensive version of FH there).

But anyway, here what I think they should change.

We all agree (mostly) that chip damage should be increase: blocked light attack = 33%dmg and blocked heavy attack = 50% dmg. As for parry (as it is the main grip with def meta), parry should only allow you to stop the opponent to comboing you, that's it. You stop the enemy combo and you are both back to neutral stance (maybe we could add some stamina dmg). That way, you could attack without the risk of getting double the dmg back at you.

Of course, some class (mostly LB) should receive some tweak because they get a lot of dmg from parry (Blind Justice).

What do you think?

P.S: Valk should be nerf :p

HarambeVendetta
04-28-2017, 06:21 AM
For honor has no future, if they invite people like TrueSkill, who spends most of his streams complaining lol.

Zeolite XIII
04-28-2017, 06:27 AM
For honor has no future ...

Exactly, once the three "seasons" the the season pass covers are over this game is going to end up being an Xbox live gold free game, and whatever the PS4 and steam analogs are. Just like Evolve.

Alfeis
04-28-2017, 06:38 AM
nothing matters next to connection issues and a proper anticheat mechanism. they have been doing some exellent work improving connection issues, and once they start punishing quitters (in order to play a full proper domi, or elimination match) game is gonna get waay nicer, but as long as they dont address the cheating problem there is nothing to talk about, the game is gonna collapse and period. I think as soon as they get rid of that stupid auto block bot we can even start to talk about balance and fix the current meta. Today I caught one that was afk our entire second duel, and the guard moved following mine blockin everything without doing anything else, i spamed light in 3 directions for a while just to be sure. I killed him pushing him against the wall and hitting him with conqueror (push dont care about the guard, and hitting the wall doesnt let you react), and when I was doing the third kill he even had the nerve to complain about me killing him while afk. with that kind of stupid issues, we cant even talk about balance, or even playing this game for that matter.

Specialkha
04-28-2017, 08:44 AM
I get that but connectivity issues are being worked on.

So what do you think my solution about def meta?

matt89connor
04-28-2017, 09:02 AM
I get that but connectivity issues are being worked on.

So what do you think my solution about def meta?

it's an idea, but maybe the solution can be more simple:
1 ) if you block an heavy now you recive 10% of max dmg, this can be increase to 25% you but can't kill hero with block dmg (so if an hero has 6 of health and block and heavy of 50dmg =13 of dmg, the health go to 1 even if the dmg is more high than the life of the hero) ;
2)parry should give only free light, the heavy and the GB can be STOPPED :)

dreampage
04-28-2017, 09:21 AM
There's no problem with meta if you can't play because of connectivity issues.

*roll safe*

matt89connor
04-28-2017, 09:23 AM
There's no problem with meta if you can't play because of connectivity issues.

*roll safe*

true story

Specialkha
04-28-2017, 10:13 AM
As long as there is guaranteed damage after a parry, the def meta will live on. There shoud not be any form of guaranteed damage at all. And this is why deflect (for assassins) should be reworked, because if parry is nerf, why deflect should not? They work the same way and have the same timing.

DrExtrem
04-28-2017, 11:13 AM
The future is certainly not rosy for this game.

But the defensive meta is primarily a PC problem. Here, the real trouble begins. Of we open up the turtle, defense on consoles becomes obsolete and the fast attack meta gets even more viable.

The different versions need to be treated like different games - balance wise off course.

I really don't think, that the dev team realised this issue and since the top players mostly play on PC, the perspective on the matter might be pretty one sided.

Lumina-US
04-28-2017, 11:42 AM
We all know that defensive meta is THE problem of FH currently. Ubisoft invited some "top" players to their HQ in Montreal (I believe) to have some discussions (and it seems they played a more offensive version of FH there).

But anyway, here what I think they should change.

We all agree (mostly) that chip damage should be increase: blocked light attack = 33%dmg and blocked heavy attack = 50% dmg. As for parry (as it is the main grip with def meta)Not true at all, on XBOX ONE at least, how about you guys just stop ruining the game for all console players out there with your demands and crying for more nerfs instead - no?

You can have your adjustments on your oh so beloved PC for all i care, but leave the console versions alone for gods sake - we have other balancing issues than the oh so often called "Master race" (unword of the century imo, yet common)

On our platform, For Honor almost plays like an entirely different game - too bad that the devs do not (want?) to see that yet.

Specialkha
04-28-2017, 12:08 PM
Well, we can have a different balance for less gifted players of course. Blizzard does that for Overwatch, where they nerfed the turret of Torbjorn because ppl were not able to shoot a non moving object (Because aim assist does not work on non deployable object).

But I think that requires double the work, and when I see at which speed the patch are out, I think we should not expect much.

Herbstlicht
04-28-2017, 01:25 PM
Guess the game series has a bright future ahead - honestly so. People may be mad about a lot of things, but many do still very much enjoy the game. Especially on console, where i guess the playerbase is like 10x the size of PC-playerbase. Ubi only needs to do one little thing. Care about those players. and though i do not think we will see 60fps or the like, i believe we will see improvements. I mean: people were angry with division and rainbow 6 for those reasons. Ubi can't afford to ignore those players again.

Variety is steadily increasing. Countrys like china will give a damn about copyrights. So if Ubi Soft fails there largest consumer base, we will turn away from them, for sure. As sure as there will be nice alternative games at this time. I mean: for a PS4 player, the variety and amount of good games this generation is amazing.

So i honestly do believe a company as ressourceful and big as Ubi Soft will capitalize their position, further improve their communication (like a "hey, console players, we know you are out there, we care, we have improvements in the pipeline!") that is already not too shabby to begin with. i only have the feeling they do not speak to "me", but to the PC-gamers only yet.

Zeolite XIII
04-28-2017, 05:06 PM
The future is certainly not rosy for this game.

But the defensive meta is primarily a PC problem. Here, the real trouble begins. Of we open up the turtle, defense on consoles becomes obsolete and the fast attack meta gets even more viable.

The different versions need to be treated like different games - balance wise off course.

I really don't think, that the dev team realised this issue and since the top players mostly play on PC, the perspective on the matter might be pretty one sided.

The day any company makes any half decent attempt to clone this game (think DotA and LoL) and includes servers, this game will evaporate overnight. There is literally no future. The game is currently only limping along because it occupies a unique gaming niche and the remaining players can look past it's flaws because they have admitted there is no similar game to play.

The moment a competitor to this game is announced it's lights out game over.