PDA

View Full Version : I want to take this opportunity to thank ubisoft for always giving us free champion

M.Sword.Y.Face
04-28-2017, 02:21 AM
Yet again, Ubisoft is giving us free champion status subtly. They choose not to openly do it. Instead, they mess up their network connection, NAT type and in return, reward us with free champ status. How generous! How thoughtful!

Thank you for not allowing me to play every single day after a new patch comes out. I love champ status more of course.

Edit: There we go, forecast comes true.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-28-2017, 02:34 AM
There is no pleasing some people. You guys are so damn predictable lol .

They don't give you something?

"ER MAH GERD WHY U NO GIVE ME STUFF"

They DO give you something?

"ER MAH GERD WHAT IZ THIS CRAP??? ITS NUT GUUD ENUF. I WANT MORE OR I AM DONE"

Like really?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/ksbp.gif

M.Sword.Y.Face
04-28-2017, 02:37 AM

Like really?

English is second language for me. Please, spare me with your confusing message and stop assuming others to talk/write like you do.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-28-2017, 02:40 AM
English is second language for me. Please, spare me with your confusing message and stop assuming others to talk/write like you do.

Let me be more blunt.

You are being completely ungrateful.

They give you something and you still complain. Most Devs don't even bother to give you anything when stuff screws up on their end.

JayyRupp
04-28-2017, 02:59 AM
Yet again, Ubisoft is giving us free champion status subtly. They choose not to openly do it. Instead, they mess up their network connection, NAT type and in return, reward us with free champ status. How generous! How thoughtful!

Thank you for not allowing me to play every single day after a new patch comes out. I love champ status more of course.

Sarcasm? Lol. Champ status is 100% pointless if you can't finish a match.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-28-2017, 03:03 AM
I also like how you are acting like they are doing this on purpose.

Like some guy at Ubisoft HQ is just sitting in a dark room basing his face into a wall instead of trying to fix the issues.

ShudzyWoW
04-28-2017, 03:20 AM
I also like how you are acting like they are doing this on purpose.

Like some guy at Ubisoft HQ is just sitting in a dark room basing his face into a wall instead of trying to fix the issues.

EXACTLY, I swear these people are the most immature, ungrateful people I've ever seen on any game forums.
People buy this game then act like ubisoft owes them something. You paid for the game...You got the game...

Bevvvy
04-28-2017, 03:27 AM
Let me be more blunt.

You are being completely ungrateful.

They give you something and you still complain. Most Devs don't even bother to give you anything when stuff screws up on their end.

Rainbow SIx Siege has actively fixed and improved their game since it has came out. Why should this game be any different? Oh, that's right, because it doesn't make as much money and because THEY ****ed up. I could say the same thing about you, complaining about not getting season rewards in another thread. They already gave you your crates for winning the round and you still complain. Stop being a hypocrite.

Ubisoft ****ed up this entire game because they want to be greedy. It could have sold much better and had a much better playerbase but they wanted to rush things.

tbtsrjc
04-28-2017, 03:39 AM
You Ubisoft fanboys are something else. Many are frustrated with this game, it's had problems since day 1 and people have every right to feel ungrateful. And like many others, I don't feel 3 days worth of Champion Status makes up for all the downtime and disconnects. People paid $60-100 to play a game that's virtually unplayable on some days and it's unstable most of the time.

One day when you get a job and make you're own money, you'll then understand what it means and feels like to get ripped off. Until then I hope the sand keeps your head warm.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-28-2017, 04:49 AM
You Ubisoft fanboys are something else. Many are frustrated with this game, it's had problems since day 1 and people have every right to feel ungrateful. And like many others, I don't feel 3 days worth of Champion Status makes up for all the downtime and disconnects. People paid $60-100 to play a game that's virtually unplayable on some days and it's unstable most of the time.

One day when you get a job and make you're own money, you'll then understand what it means and feels like to get ripped off. Until then I hope the sand keeps your head warm.

Hate to be that guy, but other than the days where the servers are down entirely I have very few issues. People with excellent internet have alot less issues than you would think in a P2P system.

I get that you are upset and you SHOULD BE. But lets not pretend the game is unplayable. Because it is definitely playable.

If they are publicly admitting they screwed up and are trying to compensate you and you still whine then yes you are being ungrateful, because 90% of Devs wouldn't EVER publicly admit something like that let alone give you free stuff.

tbtsrjc
04-28-2017, 03:42 PM
Hate to be that guy, but other than the days where the servers are down entirely I have very few issues. People with excellent internet have alot less issues than you would think in a P2P system.

I get that you are upset and you SHOULD BE. But lets not pretend the game is unplayable. Because it is definitely playable.

If they are publicly admitting they screwed up and are trying to compensate you and you still whine then yes you are being ungrateful, because 90% of Devs wouldn't EVER publicly admit something like that let alone give you free stuff.
Hmm...you may not have your head in the sand but judging by most of your posts I can only think of one other place where your head could be. ;)

Pope138
04-28-2017, 04:17 PM

Like really?

I would agree with you, if champ status wasn't already a despicable practice. As I wrote in a previous thread:

Champion status is just blatant greedy racketeering.
If your boss promised you a slightly higher wage in return for recurring payments out of pocket, that would make him a slimeball, right?

Alustar.
04-28-2017, 04:44 PM

I like how when end someone makes a valid point defending a group of professional developers using logic they are labeled as "fanboys".
So what does that make a person making baseless accusations over a forum about getting something for literally nothing.

Alustar.
04-28-2017, 04:48 PM
I would agree with you, if champ status wasn't already a despicable practice. As I wrote in a previous thread:

I would agree with you if the parallel was a valid point I. This scenario, however since none of the players are employed or payed by Ubisoft for time spent in game. That's not the case so trying to compare champion status in that way is a non starter.

CitizenPuddi
04-28-2017, 04:49 PM
Everybody, take a shot.

Right now-- I don't even care if you have liquor handy.

Take a shot of ****ing water if you have to.

This is the new forum drinking game.

One shot for every new thread that thanks Ubisoft in the most ironic (and original) way possible.

^

Pope138
04-28-2017, 05:37 PM
I would agree with you if the parallel was a valid point I. This scenario, however since none of the players are employed or payed by Ubisoft for time spent in game. That's not the case so trying to compare champion status in that way is a non starter.

I can elaborate if you'd like.
Let's say your job is playing For Honor and your boss, Ubisoft, pays you with xp/steel. Then one day your boss says I'll increase your wage, but only if you give me regular payments out of your own pocket.
See what I'm getting at here?
Hope this cleared up any confusion.

RenfieldX
04-28-2017, 05:50 PM

Edit: There we go, forecast comes true.

LMAO - good grief. They have a sticky thread in the Official News and Announcements forum titled 'Compensation after Ubisoft online outage (April 27th)' http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1646603-Compensation-after-Ubisoft-online-outage-(April-27th)

Yes, they're definitely giving us free championship status subtly and not being open about it...

Alustar.
04-28-2017, 05:53 PM
I can elaborate if you'd like.
Let's say your job is playing For Honor and your boss, Ubisoft, pays you with xp/steel. Then one day your boss says I'll increase your wage, but only if you give me regular payments out of your own pocket.
See what I'm getting at here?
Hope this cleared up any confusion.

Ok, wow. First off that isn't even close to what's going on. You analogy is not only inaccurate, but poorly thought out.

So rather than use some poorly planned analogy about what may or may not have been happening, let me tell you the reality of the situation. Champion status is a purchasable feature. Either with real money or steel. It increases your own gains from matches, as well as your party's (to a lesser degree). Furthermore the bonus stacks when multiple players have the same status.

So really, Ubisoft just gave every player a 60% increase to every match for the duration of the buff, for free.
Tell me again how this in any way resembles them charging you for anything or an employee-employer relationship?
Oh wait, that's right...

Pope138
04-28-2017, 06:05 PM
Ok, wow. First off that isn't even close to what's going on. You analogy is not only inaccurate, but poorly thought out.

So rather than use some poorly planned analogy about what may or may not have been happening, let me tell you the reality of the situation. Champion status is a purchasable feature. Either with real money or steel. It increases your own gains from matches, as well a second your party's (to a lesser degree). Furthermore the bonus stacks when multiple players have the same status.

So really, Ubisoft just gave every player a 60% increase to every match for the duration of the buff, for free.
Tell me again how this in any way resembles them charging you for anything or an employee-employer relationship?
Oh wait, that's right...

Yeah, we're not paying for the free champ status that they gave, of course. But when we do, it's predatory.
It feels like they could reward us with more xp/steel but intentionally withhold some so that people will pay money for more. Add to that a $60 price tag, microtransactions, and season pass you have a lot of money going to a dev that won't even give us dedicated servers. Good luck convincing me that this isn't greedy.

Alustar.
04-28-2017, 06:08 PM
Yeah, we're not paying for the free champ status that they gave, of course. But when we do, it's predatory.
It feels like they could reward us with more xp/steel but intentionally withhold some so that people will pay money for more. Add to that a $60 price tag, microtransactions, and season pass you have a lot of money going to a dev that won't even give us dedicated servers. Good luck convincing me that this isn't greedy.

Why reward you with steel you didn't earn? At least this way you have a chance to earn more steel than they gave you.
They didn't even have to give you anything. Period. At this point you could ***** about anything.
Honestly you seem like one of those kids who wants everything from for nothing. Good luck convincing the rest of the logical world you are right. Lol noob.

Pope138
04-28-2017, 06:33 PM
Why reward you with steel you didn't earn? At least this way you have a chance to earn more steel than they gave you.
They didn't even have to give you anything. Period. At this point you could ***** about anything.
Honestly you seem like one of those kids who wants everything from for nothing. Good luck convincing the rest of the logical world you are right. Lol noob.

It's nice of them to give free champ status when there is an outage, or what have you, however Ubisoft could give us a set amount of steel/xp, but instead they withhold some with the intention of coaxing players to pay for more using cash.
This is my first Ubisoft game (and I love it, For Honor will someday be known as a classic imo) and before I began playing all I heard was how greedy they are. My experience with For Honor has confirmed this.
I can tell different opinions make you uncomfortable, but I'm not going to tailor my views for your benefit.

Alustar.
04-28-2017, 06:51 PM
It's nice of them to give free champ status when there is an outage, or what have you, however Ubisoft could give us a set amount of steel/xp, but instead they withhold some with the intention of coaxing players to pay for more using cash.
This is my first Ubisoft game (and I love it, For Honor will someday be known as a classic imo) and before I began playing all I heard was how greedy they are. My experience with For Honor has confirmed this.
I can tell different opinions make you uncomfortable, but I'm not going to tailor my views for your benefit.

No, see that's the same logic along the lines as those who think McDonald's makes them fat. You have choices. Buy champion status with steel or cash, pay for steel with cash or earn it through battle.
They aren't greedy for having multiple options available. They are taking into consideration those players that work more and have more expendable incomes and thus less time to spend i game to earn the same things others can grind out.

If a player chooses to pay for anything that is his or her own choice and in no way shape or form is it indicative of greed inherent in the system.
Im sorry your argument has fallen flat on it's face, maybe you should tailor your views in a way so that they are more clearly aligned with common sense and logic.

Captain-Courage
04-28-2017, 07:04 PM
No, see that's the same logic along the lines as those who think McDonald's makes them fat. You have choices. Buy champion status with steel or cash, pay for steel with cash or earn it through battle.
They aren't greedy for having multiple options available. They are taking into consideration those players that work more and have more expendable incomes and thus less time to spend i game to earn the same things others can grind out.

If a player chooses to pay for anything that is his or her own choice and in no way shape or form is it indicative of greed inherent in the system.
Im sorry your argument has fallen flat on it's face, maybe you should tailor your views in a way so that they are more clearly aligned with common sense and logic.

https://media.giphy.com/media/jQmVFypWInKCc/giphy.gif

Oh god such a joke, as usual.
With a Stockholm syndrom on top of that

This is exactly the argumentation ****ty P2W games use to try to get some legitimity

But don't stop please, spread the word, keep on whiteknigthing with everything you got.
You are blessing for people like me, whose job is to milk people like you.
Marketing and communication teams must have a smile everytime you post, alongside the monetisation producer.

Pope138
04-28-2017, 07:06 PM

Games have cost $60 since the late 80's/early 90's because gamers (crybabies that we are) don't like the idea of paying more than that for games. It's because of this that I don't mind games supplementing profits through different means so long as they avoid pay to win, paywalls, or DLC that divides the community. The problem with Ubisoft is they're taking every opportunity to monetize whatever they can. This already grates, but when none of this money is being put back into the game (dedicated servers) it's very frustrating--especially considering that p2p is the biggest obstacle to this game getting the recognition it deserves.

Sidenote:
I'm not sure why my opinion would cause you to become this emotional. It seems very odd to me the way you lash out as though something I said has deeply wounded you. I would try to present my opinion in much gentler terms so as not to hurt you any further, but I'm not too sure how to go about that.

Alustar.
04-28-2017, 07:20 PM
Lol you make a lot of wild and Baseless assumptions yourself, first and foremost that you have elicited any kind of emotion from me. I'd love to know how you can infer that from a wall of text.
If any emotion is present it's pitty. You are marking this game as pay to win, and that's laughable since Ive played games that are pay to win (guild wars 2, neverwinter and hell runescape and conquer if you want to get technical) want to know what those games did to make them Pay to win? The fact that to progress through the game to compete on par with other players your only option available was to buy currency to get loot.

I'm not sure how many times I have to say it or in what other ways, but the simple fact that you can earn gear/currency through by playing the game (champion status can be purchased by steel as can gear and all optional cosmetic features) is by definition not pay to win.

Additionally the bulk of things you can get aren't even going to help you compete as they are primarily cosmetic features that have no effect on Gameplay.

Furthermore whatever that company decides to do with profit is completely and 100% up to them. They earned it. You gave it to them.
Nice try on trying to take to "moral high road" I regards to your comments but the fact is you. Or only haven't proven your opinion with anything concrete, and assuming your replies are upsetting me Is hilarious. Like I actually read that and laughed so hard is scared my dog.
Swim. And a miss.

Alustar.
04-28-2017, 07:40 PM
Side note, if you are In Marketing you'd know there is a great deal of psychology that goes into pricing. CEOs pay people to study what is the happy medium that people will pay for a game that will give both a sense of satisfaction to the consumer in that they got a product worthy of their dollars, while still returning profit to the company for their time invested.

That being said go take a look at the pricing of games from the 80s and up. Notice a trend? They've only really increased in price roughly $10-20 at most.
Now let's go take a look at a company that is known to be polluted with corrupt and greedy people. OIL COMPANIES! Anyone remember a time when gas was less than $1.50 a gallon? I do. Now look at the prices of gas over that same timeline and see how pricing was gouged? That's a real indication of greed.
So instead of trying to be this White Knight attempting to fight corrupt corporate practices in a gaming community of all places, how about you take some time to study the world around you and gain wisdom into the world you live in. You are seriously lacking in critical thinking.

Pope138
04-28-2017, 07:44 PM
Lol you make a lot of wild and Baseless assumptions yourself, first and foremost that you have elicited any kind of emotion from me. I'd love to know how you can infer that from a wall of text.

All the name calling and other such insults tell me you're angry. Anger is an emotion, therefore you're emotional.
I don't want to feel like I'm contributing to your anger, so I'll just completely disengage.
Take care, now!

Alustar.
04-28-2017, 07:55 PM
All the name calling and other such insults tell me you're angry. Anger is an emotion, therefore you're emotional.
I don't want to feel like I'm contributing to your anger, so I'll just completely disengage.
Take care, now!

Point 1: never once called you name, lol Lrn2read.
2: I'd say that exact same thing if I couldn't find a logical retort.
Lol try again?

Pope138
04-28-2017, 08:27 PM
Point 1: never once called you name, lol Lrn2read.
2: I'd say that exact same thing if I couldn't find a logical retort.
Lol try again?

I said name calling and other such insults. Here's some:

At this point you could ***** about anything.

Honestly you seem like one of those kids who wants everything from for nothing.

Good luck convincing the rest of the logical world you are right. Lol noob.

You had a couple of other lengthy posts that i didn't read. I'm not feeling like anybody's therapist today so I just skipped them.
Try to take control of your emotions, my dude. To get this offended over any of the benign statements I've made isn't healthy.
Be well.

Gray360UK
04-28-2017, 08:32 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/79/79e35496de476d36b72a2343825cc1e0a014e54bde8f0cb572 84678b9a9bc709.jpg

Alustar.
04-29-2017, 08:48 AM
Take care, now!

I said name calling and other such insults. Here's some:

You had a couple of other lengthy posts that i didn't read. I'm not feeling like anybody's therapist today so I just skipped them.
Try to take control of your emotions, my dude. To get this offended over any of the benign statements I've made isn't healthy.
Be well.

Lol first off, those aren't insults.of you find them insulting that's actually not my fault or problem. The only one that can even be construed as an insult is calling you a noob, which given the context, the shoe fits.
Also those three exerts were from the five total posts I made, so really you didn't find anything to support this claim either.
Which on that topic, nice attempt on trying to distract from the original topic. You aren't as clever as you think you are. How bout you try answering and discussing the actual argument, or maybe you are doing so because you have no retort and are attempting to distract from you inability to argue intellectually.
You remind me of every poor troll I've met online. You see a topic and post two lines about said topic then a troll statement to try and get a group riled up, the "umadbro" attempt doesn't really work. Just makes you look like a sorry troll.