PDA

View Full Version : season 1 just ended. my predictions for season 2

Ex__Machina
04-27-2017, 08:01 AM
Samurai will win. Knights not far behind

I chose vikings in closed, knights in open and vikings for season 1

It's so easy for ubisoft to falsify the data especially when they are invested into the outcome. For example we'll never see a faction win the first three rounds. If that happened then the player base would drop drastically which needless to say is a scenario ubisoft would like to avoid. Following that reasoning in order to promote player interest in staying loyal to their faction, it doesn't defy reason to see ubisoft fibbing the numbers in favor of a faction who has yet to see victory. Knights got their rewards from open, Vikings from season 1 so now the only question is, what will US samurai get when we barely beat the knights in season 2?

Gray360UK
04-27-2017, 11:52 AM
Sounds a bit tinfoil hat to me. First you assume that Knights now were Knights in the Beta. If you were just a Knight from launch, then all you've seen for over 2 months is your faction lose, for 5 rounds. Realistically people are going to switch factions rather than quit altogether, you might have a more accurate point if switching factions wasn't a thing. I can tell you Knights have had nothing to promote interest in staying loyal to their faction, quite the opposite.

Draghmar
04-27-2017, 12:07 PM
Even though this theory is quite weird I do wonder what would Ubi do when there will be first three rounds with the same podium which would mean that following two rounds wouldn't mean anything.

Lumina-US
04-27-2017, 12:47 PM
To be honest, the whole FW as it stands, doesn't mean anything.

The whole thing is rigged, as EU based players will always get the short end of the stick, given the current ending times of the only rounds that matter.

And that's not a matter of git gud or try harder next time - it's just plain dead facts.

So in other words, Season 2 won't be any different at all, unless they make certain changes to that stupid meta game.

Ex__Machina
07-25-2017, 05:13 PM
so i haven't been here since this thread: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1676774-this-is-my-love-song-and-it-goes-like-this

in it i said i was quitting because of "micro managing". i didn't go into details in taht thread, however in THIS thread i did describe an example of it:

in my initial post (which happened the day that season 1 ended) i wrote the following:

so now the only question is, what will US samurai get when we barely beat the knights in season 2

you all called me crazy but look where we are. i only hope that by posting this i'll somehow skew that outcome but it seems unlikely.

Ex__Machina
07-26-2017, 07:53 PM
i'm so confused

so i created this thread BEFORE season 2 even started. in it i told you WHO was going to win, HOW that victory would occur and WHY. i did so using only marketing logic

so here's my confusion. even after seeing this there are still TONS of threads telling people to put assets here or team up against so and so. do you guys actually still believe that there's some data base somewhere that takes when and where you deployed assets and compares that to everyone else? lol'd man if you actually believe that then i'm legitimately jealous. i wish i could just ignore evidence to the contrary and believe whatever i want

RatedChaotic
07-26-2017, 07:59 PM
You definitely will recieve a WOW!!!!!!! from me and there it is.....Go to vegas much? Can I take you?

Ex__Machina
07-26-2017, 08:01 PM
aw man don't try and pass this off as luck. it's logic. pure and simple. ubisoft is a corporation. their primary concern is w/ producing the maximum amount of revenue. the future is easy to predict when all you have to do is account for the bottom line

thornh
07-26-2017, 08:05 PM
No man, I believe it. Every single Faction War Season has ended in controversy. There is a strategic marketing plan. They have to make it "exciting" to keep player interest but we all know, thanks to the leaks, what heroes are coming for what season. And, of course, it is extremely easy for Ubisoft to fudge the numbers. They can tell us anything they want to because we, the players, have absolutely no way to independently verify asset deployment. It is all just a part of a predetermined plan no matter what the developers or mods tell us. It just makes Ubi look worse. For Honor doesn't need Faction War to be successful. The game just needs to work correctly. Faction War is also an excuse for requiring the game to be online all of the time.

RatedChaotic
07-26-2017, 08:05 PM
No I was serious man....I was in wow mode reading this after what happend. Wasnt saying it was luck. I believe you.

Ex__Machina
07-26-2017, 08:08 PM
oh ok, i wish there was a "sarcastic implied" button somewhere. on the internet i typically think people are being sarcastic haha

Lyskir
07-26-2017, 08:10 PM
wow o_O

Gray360UK
07-26-2017, 08:12 PM
I'll be back at the end of Season 3 to claim my Knight reward then, lol ;)

RatedChaotic
07-26-2017, 08:12 PM
oh ok, i wish there was a "sarcastic implied" button somewhere. on the internet i typically think people are being sarcastic haha

Was my wording. I apologize.

RatedChaotic
07-26-2017, 08:15 PM
I'll be back at the end of Season 3 to claim my Knight reward then, lol ;)

Epic.....lmao

thornh
07-26-2017, 08:18 PM
This will never happen but it would be great if every player left for Season 3 joined the same faction. It couldn't be Knights (sorry Gray) because many of us feel it is pretty much predetermined they are going to win season 3. It would be very interesting. Maybe we should do it in the off season where it doesn't matter.

RatedChaotic
07-26-2017, 08:22 PM
I do not take back my inner circle comments from the other day. Not after reading this.....lol....Going to a fps game and shoot sh*t now. So I'll calm down...

Alustar.
07-26-2017, 08:56 PM
So then could we assume that perhaps Knights will win season 3? I'd be curious to see a prediction for season 3 outside of Ubisofts forums that way we could accurately check the end result without as much fear of tampering to skew this.

psyminion
07-26-2017, 09:02 PM
to take this theory further, I expect the new heroes to be Viking and Knight, and we noble samurai get to ride our victory pride and wait till season 4? to get another hero with the vikings.

Smuggler007
07-26-2017, 09:31 PM
Doesn't surprise me. Always suspected how easy it is for the company to take the war assets of those bots and place it where they want per turn for marketing purposes. No way to verify; Easy to deny.

Biggest tip off was when they did not enforce a true faction versus faction battle. By that I mean, whichever faction you chose, you were locked in for the season. None of this silly popup warning you about switching at any point. Just locked in. And when you fought, you were matched with other players from your faction to fight only against the other two factions. Real clean cut. Wouldn't have stopped them for tweaking the overall data. But at least it wouldn't have looked so obvious.

btw, bots should be involved in PvP... ever. Bots should not have replaced human players who suddenly left the battlefield whether playing against other humans/ bots. All they needed to do was curb how many could play afterwards. Meaning, in a 4v4, when left with a 3v4, as soon as that 4th remaining player fell in battle, he/she could not be revived nor respawn until another teammate fell in battle. The match is reduced to 3v3 just to make it fair. No outsider joins such a match in progress. Its literally fight to the bitter end or until time runs out with last man standing. Something like that.

Again, not surprised.

Smuggler007
07-26-2017, 09:32 PM
*bots should not be involved

Ex__Machina
07-26-2017, 11:34 PM
i'll go along w/ those predictions

knight and viking heroes introduced

knights beat out vikings by a small margin (probably something gimmicky like a tie or something but ultimately knights get the rewards)

UbiNoty
07-26-2017, 11:57 PM
Sigh.
We have no hand in how the faction war plays out. It's all the result of the players efforts.
Trust me. I would be very upset if we had nothing better to do than to make petty faction war drama.

Gray360UK
07-26-2017, 11:59 PM
i'll go along w/ those predictions

knight and viking heroes introduced

knights beat out vikings by a small margin (probably something gimmicky like a tie or something but ultimately knights get the rewards)

Only by then the 'rewards' will not include an ornament, you'll just get 1 crate and an emblem outline with a middle finger sticking up at the top of it. ;)

Ex__Machina
07-27-2017, 12:57 AM
damn dude don't be so defensive lol. i'm not saying YOU or any of the moderators here. far be it for me to presume to know the scope of your guys' influence, but it never crossed my mind that it extends that far. however just because you aren't, that doesn't mean it's not happening.

it's simple arithmetic
if A - B + AB > C then any corporation will do it

where
A= cost of product development
B= cost of manipulation research
AB = increased revenue from B
C= revenue generated w/out B

and i can tell you right now, the cost for something as simple as implementing predetermined faction wars (B) is negligible compared to the increased interest that it brings (AB)

Bob__Gnarly
07-27-2017, 01:05 AM
Lol

I think the more logical answer is much simpler, the faction war is and always has been broken. No corruption on Ubis part, just incompetence.

Ex__Machina
07-27-2017, 01:09 AM
Lol

I think the more logical answer is much simpler, the faction war is and always has been broken. No corruption on Ubis part, just incompetence.

ah, invoking good ol occam's razor. while i subscribe to this belief in most cases, it's not sufficient enough to explain how i was so accurately able to predict precisely who would win and how they'd do it. chaos theory on the other hand...

Alustar.
07-27-2017, 02:10 AM
ah, invoking good ol occam's razor. while i subscribe to this belief in most cases, it's not sufficient enough to explain how i was so accurately able to predict precisely who would win and how they'd do it. chaos theory on the other hand...

Or it could be that by measuring the data and predicting the outcome you irrevocably altered the natural course of events as they would have naturally happened.

psyminion
07-27-2017, 02:13 AM
Or it could be that by measuring the data and predicting the outcome you irrevocably altered the natural course of events as they would have naturally happened.
but without observation, would the faction war have even happened at all?

Ex__Machina
07-27-2017, 02:14 AM
lol if only

by peering through the slits i've changed a naturally curvy haired knight victory into straight haired samurai victory. bohr would be rolling over in his sleep

Alustar.
07-27-2017, 02:15 AM
No. It wouldn't have. Think of all the lives we could have saved. What mindless beasts we are. :(

Alustar.
07-27-2017, 02:16 AM
lol if only

by peering through the slits i've changed a naturally curvy haired knight victory into straight haired samurai victory. bohr would be rolling over in his sleep

You'd be surprised at the power of collective consciousness. Hell look at the internet.

psyminion
07-27-2017, 02:21 AM
You'd be surprised at the power of collective consciousness. Hell look at the internet.

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder873/50325873.jpg

Ex__Machina
07-27-2017, 02:36 AM
haha this thread turned out great. corporate marketing -->psychological defense mechanisms -->quantum mechanics -->existentialsm

the internet really is hit or miss, but at times like these i'm glad it exists

Alustar.
07-27-2017, 02:40 AM
saving this thread.