PDA

View Full Version : Will 1.06 Raise Framerate on Console?

JayyRupp
04-27-2017, 05:32 AM
I'm curious about this. In the patch notes it says "improves framerate in menus and in-game". Usually information like this pertains more to the PC side of things but it wasn't listed as being platform specific. It'd be silly to void these improvements by keeping the 30 cap, right? Of course that's assuming the boost is even significant enough to maintain a higher framerate.. I own For Honor on both PC & XB1 and right now they're almost entirely different games. The 30 lock on console makes offensive play much more viable but also makes some of the light attacks WAY too fast. I honestly don't really care at this point. I just want the game to be stable so I don't have to relearn it every 30 days (guardbreak woes).

CoyoteXStarrk
04-27-2017, 05:58 AM
I'm curious about this. In the patch notes it says "improves framerate in menus and in-game". Usually information like this pertains more to the PC side of things but it wasn't listed as being platform specific. It'd be silly to void these improvements by keeping the 30 cap, right? Of course that's assuming the boost is even significant enough to maintain a higher framerate.. I own For Honor on both PC & XB1 and right now they're almost entirely different games. The 30 lock on console makes offensive play much more viable but also makes some of the light attacks WAY too fast. I honestly don't really care at this point. I just want the game to be stable so I don't have to relearn it every 30 days (guardbreak woes).

No it wont.

It just means your game won't drop below 30FPS in menus as often.

CitizenPuddi
04-27-2017, 06:09 AM
Would be great if they could improve the framerate on consoles.

That's a hardware issue though, isn't it?

Keejv
04-27-2017, 08:32 AM
Would be great if they could improve the framerate on consoles.

That's a hardware issue though, isn't it?

No. Guess again

SendRickPics
04-27-2017, 09:29 AM
No. Guess again

Keejv is correct, definitely a software issue.

It's not uncommon in many games for developers to set a framerate cap. Traditionally it's capped at 30-fps, but with better technologies and demand, the push for 60fps has been coming.

The hardware can support 60fps, it's just that the devs didn't program the game to run at 60fps on the hardware.

CitizenPuddi
04-28-2017, 02:16 PM
Keejv is correct, definitely a software issue.

It's not uncommon in many games for developers to set a framerate cap. Traditionally it's capped at 30-fps, but with better technologies and demand, the push for 60fps has been coming.

The hardware can support 60fps, it's just that the devs didn't program the game to run at 60fps on the hardware.

Huh... Word.

Did not know that, thanks.

mathi4s
04-28-2017, 02:28 PM
When I'm thinking about the people that bought a ps4 then bought a ps4 pro just to still be stuck on 30fps I just have to laugh. I'm playing on my gtx750ti on 60fps low settings though but still the 70+fps is so totally worth it.

Herbstlicht
04-28-2017, 02:34 PM
I am not sure, but possibly, the did smoothe out some code. It feels a little better, even on console. But i can't tell what they did exactly. It did run pretty well before.
Oh and concerning the 60 fps elitism: i dunno what they did, maybe inserting some frames to make it seem smoother what is apparent when you swiftly move your camera, but it does work pretty well. We don't need 60 fps, and on the pro the game with 30 fps on 4k looks incredible and plays incredible. Thing is TV's have different response time then standart gaming screens, though the new ones are way better. So for people with new TV's, it is actually still competetively playable. Only problem here: the stuff that is fast and hard to react to on PC is harder to react to on console - even if the difference isn't too big. Because: what is already difficult gets exponentially more difficult the less time you have. And with the short parry indicator for lights as an example - that is a hard thing to do on console. But still possible. You know: people learn to read the character moves with an ever increasing level of skill, so it takes longer, but we get there at some point.