PDA

View Full Version : Can we please get 60fps on console

Uzu66
04-27-2017, 03:39 AM
I don't care if the game has to run at 480p on console we really need 60fps for this game. Please fix this issue Ubisoft

kanuzira
04-27-2017, 06:22 AM
No, when you chose for console you agreed to 30 FPS.

Butonfly
04-27-2017, 06:35 AM

Rofl, what an elitist.

If the hardware can handle it the request is fair. PS4 Pro is viable.

Also, you'll have to show where anyone agreed to any rate of FPS. Did you sign something at the checkout?

CoyoteXStarrk
04-27-2017, 06:39 AM
Rofl, what an elitist.

If the hardware can handle it the request is fair. PS4 Pro is viable.

Also, you'll have to show where anyone agreed to any rate of FPS. Did you sign something at the checkout?

Yeah but the PS4 isn't.

You can't have some people playing at 30FPS against people with 60FPS

That wouldn't be fair.

Also you agreed to it the moment you bought a machine with known limitations.

Butonfly
04-27-2017, 06:50 AM
Yeah but the PS4 isn't.

That wouldn't be fair.

PS4 Pro doesnt have those limitations... so by your logic there was no agreement in those cases.

And as far as the fairness argument goes, 60fps isnt guaranteed on PC. You have players playing eachother on varying FPS, probably lower than 30FPS in some cases, all the way up to 60, and if uncapped then beyond.

The correct strategy should be to provide the best customer experience based on their investment.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-27-2017, 07:04 AM
PS4 Pro doesnt have those limitations... so by your logic there was no agreement in those cases.

And as far as the fairness argument goes, 60fps isnt guaranteed on PC. You have players playing eachother on varying FPS, probably lower than 30FPS in some cases, all the way up to 60, and if uncapped then beyond.

The correct strategy should be to provide the best customer experience based on their investment.

By limitation I meant the fact that despite being a PS4 Pro its still tied to the PS4 since they both use the same network. As such the games overall have to function similarly on both systems. Of course the Pro is better and will run smoother, but the overall game design is basically the same.

They are not going to go back and overhaul the optimization and then somehow find a way to ONLY apply that patchfor Pro players. Especially when they are the minority of the PS4 playerbase.

On top of that the game is BARELY functioning as it is at 30FPS on ANY of the consoles. If they tried to put a patch to only ONE GROUP of players that directly affected the gameplay and the balance then it would be an absolute mess waiting to happen.

Also the difference in FPS on PC is RARELY ever as severe as one player having TWICE the Frame rate of another player.

Simply put? You are full of it and its never gonna happen lol

PK_ricochet
04-27-2017, 07:17 AM
CONSOLES wil allways be shlt and obsolete, their only good cos there cheap and shlt, ish ...PC will allways be king.

dekot11
04-27-2017, 07:53 AM
By limitation I meant the fact that despite being a PS4 Pro its still tied to the PS4 since they both use the same network. As such the games overall have to function similarly on both systems. Of course the Pro is better and will run smoother, but the overall game design is basically the same.

They are not going to go back and overhaul the optimization and then somehow find a way to ONLY apply that patchfor Pro players. Especially when they are the minority of the PS4 playerbase.

On top of that the game is BARELY functioning as it is at 30FPS on ANY of the consoles. If they tried to put a patch to only ONE GROUP of players that directly affected the gameplay and the balance then it would be an absolute mess waiting to happen.

Also the difference in FPS on PC is RARELY ever as severe as one player having TWICE the Frame rate of another player.

That's some bs, lower end PCs run For Honor at around 30-50 fps, easily less than half of what high end PCs are capable of, which clock in around the low to mid 100s. And plenty of other recent games run at 60 fps on consoles.

I don't understand why PC people would be so against this, there is no reason this game shouldn't be running at 60 fps on consoles, even the xbox. There are much more graphically demanding games running at higher fps. And this game is running silky smooth at a constant 30 fps currently with zero drops and hitches, I don't know where you got the info that the game is "barely" running at 30 fps on console.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-27-2017, 08:00 AM
That's some bs, lower end PCs run For Honor at around 30-50 fps, easily less than half of what high end PCs are capable of, which clock in around the low 100s. And plenty of other recent games run at 60 fps on consoles.

Most people run middle of the road rigs which are 60-80fps and high ends PCs are in the minority so my original point still stands.

Yeah plenty of other games go at 60fps.

But not this one and it won't be.

Keejv
04-27-2017, 08:28 AM

Shut your mouth when talking to us.

advertise as a Ps4 pro game, runs at 10-30 fps on all console becuse of bad backend work (one of the reasons we get all does sweet for errors). Its all a scam guys

Butonfly
04-27-2017, 08:58 AM

Currently on release games are being made for the PS4 Pro, making use of 1080p and 60fps. More'over, games already released are being back patched to include PS4 Pro functionality. Some of those games are online PvP (BF1 was one of the first major ones for example). So yes, expanding optimization is very much a thing. It is demonstratively possible to include functionality for both standard and Pro systems. Undeniably true. The game will still function the same. Smoother frame rates doesn't change the game mechanically, any more so than players playing on any other platform (PC or console) in any other pvp game.

As for For Honor's functionality on consoles, I can say it works perfectly fine on both the PS4 and Pro without any performance issues. So I don't know where you get your information. I assume not first hand? Correct me if I'm wrong (perhaps you own For Honor on a tired PS4). I own both and play on both. The only issues with the game are the same connectivity and error issues everyone experiences. Otherwise the game runs smooth on both systems.

Simply put? You're last line pretty much sums up your argument. Little more than Ad hominem once you've run out of conjecture. That leads to the fair question, is some form of PC elitism getting the better of you? What exactly is your bias here? Why not unlock a game to the potential of it's relevant system? Its already been done, and it's a consumers market.

dekot11
04-27-2017, 09:03 AM
Most people run middle of the road rigs which are 60-80fps and high ends PCs are in the minority so my original point still stands.

Yeah plenty of other games go at 60fps.

But not this one and it won't be.

lol do you work for Ubisoft? How can you make such a definitive statement like that? There was a recent thread like this where a Ubi mod said the team knew there was a lot of griping over the 30 fps situation and that they were considering doing something. iirc, Overwatch started at 30 fps and got booted up to 60 fps on consoles.

But again, I'm honestly confused as to why you would be so obnoxious about this. The other guy is probably just a troll but you seem personally vested. It's weird.

And your original point doesn't stand, there are many cases on PC where people will double the fps of someone they're dueling. But that's not even an accurate comparison. It would be more accurate to say that there are much bigger gaps in fps performance between PC users than the gap from 30 to 60.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-27-2017, 09:12 AM
If they ever make it 60fps for the Pro I will eat my keyboard with a a friggin fork.

You people are dreaming lol

RoosterIlluzion
04-27-2017, 10:10 AM
Yeah but the PS4 isn't.

That wouldn't be fair.

The PS4 & Xbox one can both run games at 1080 / 60. It's been done. Fact. Ubisoft developers make the game run at 30 fps.

Should For Honor 2 be 60 fps for everyone? Abso****inglutely.

DrExtrem
04-27-2017, 10:21 AM
Because 60 fps solves all problems. :rolleyes:

Your TV screen, controller dead zone, network lag, wifi, bluetooth controller etc. have a bigger impact on your gaming experience, than frames per second.

Switching to constant 60 fps is a pipe dream, that dies not even solve your problems. Keep stable 30 fps, adjust the attack indicators and add one or two frames yo moat attacks (pk zone attack) and the game will be fine without rewriting its code.

RoosterIlluzion
04-27-2017, 10:44 AM
If you're saying the ps4 & Xbox one's full potential is only 30fps, you're mistaken.
I'm aware that ps4 is slightly better in processing power, and, as I play on Xbox One, noticed a hiccup in the frame rate every 3 seconds or so. Usually quitting the game and restarting fixes it, but that shouldn't be necessary.
Even so, these games could've been adjusted to run at 60fps, which would indeed help with gameplay mechanics. A smoother frame rate improves reaction times.

Tundra 793
04-27-2017, 11:43 AM
If they ever make it 60fps for the Pro I will eat my keyboard with a a friggin fork.

You people are dreaming lol

If it doesn't hit 60 on the Scorpio, I will eat your keyboard with a spork.

Both the standard Xbox One and PS4 can, and have hit 60 FPS across lots of games, both First Party and Third, across all imaginable genres. It's doable, even if you sometimes have to sacrifice some resolution or fancy graphics for it.
Which I'd gladly do to get just close to 60.

Butonfly
04-27-2017, 11:43 AM
Because 60 fps solves all problems. :rolleyes:

Your TV screen, controller dead zone, network lag, wifi, bluetooth controller etc. have a bigger impact on your gaming experience, than frames per second.

Switching to constant 60 fps is a pipe dream, that dies not even solve your problems. Keep stable 30 fps, adjust the attack indicators and add one or two frames yo moat attacks (pk zone attack) and the game will be fine without rewriting its code.

Why assume the issue is a problem with the player? You can have 60fps for no other reason than to have 60fps. Increased frames makes for a smoother experience, which makes the game more enjoyable to behold. It's a worthy edition in and of itself.

All those other things you listed are in and of themselves quality of life improvements that can be obtained independently and in addition to FPS. Why create an either/or situation? Why not have it all.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-27-2017, 11:55 AM
All of the reasoning and the logic in the world will not change the fact it will never happen for consoles.

I am not saying you are wrong. I am saying that it will never happen lol

Lumina-US
04-27-2017, 12:19 PM
Short story even shorter - Coyote is right, the game as it is, barely even runs steady 30 FPS on Consoles, stutters every here and there and is suffering from slight framedrops.

I can confirm that, as i'm playing the game on a XBOX ONE S. (even the slight performance boost over normal XB1's doesn't help sh1te)

So in other words, screw your 60 FPS, unless you want "For Honor" to be dumped down, to a 16-Bit SNES game.

Gray360UK
04-27-2017, 12:40 PM
Not gonna happen. You know they've just started to reduce LOD etc so that the game stands a better chance of not crashing? And you think this is a world in which they can ramp up the demands placed on the game?