PDA

View Full Version : Why I lost faith in Ubisoft.

SymphonyWarrior
04-27-2017, 02:03 AM
For Honor is one game that I really like to play, and I did purchase the game regardless of negative comments from people all over the web about Ubisoft. Well, today it proved that Ubisoft cares more about the money than customer satisfaction. Here's why.

I play For Honor on PC, and for this review and I am not going to talk about how bad the P2P connection is because than it will just take too much reading for you. Anyway, I am prestige 9 with the Valk, love playing with her. However, today something happened.

I had played the game yesterday with no issues at all. However, when I went to play the game today an error occurs. See attachment.

My issue here is not solely that I cannot play the game, thus it's the way the support team handled the situation.

After players with similar issues post on this forum and Reddit, finally the support team asked for more information about the issue.

We're looking into these crash reports now. If folks can provide some logs (found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\logs) to our Customer Support agents (support.ubi.com) it will help us pinpoint what's happening.

After a few hours, Mr. MrEricPope on Reddit said.

Update: We've identified the cause of the crashing problem and are working on the solution. More news tomorrow as it develops. Post here. (https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/67o2iw/patch_v106_pc_only_out_now_live_update_all/)

ARE YOU F*****G KIDDING ME?

A responsible company would make sure that the issue is resolved ASAP, have developers make overtime, work overnight to fix the issue. However, it seems like this didn't happen since only 1% of PC gamers were affected. SERIOUSLY?

Just wanted to update to thank all of you who have sent in logs via support, they are helping tremendously as the team digs into this. It's been a top priority for the day, and they will continue to work hard tracking down what's the cause of this.
For those effected (currently appears to be about 1% of PC players) please hang in there as the team continues to work on it.
If you are itching to try some things on your own, there have been various replies in this thread offering some workarounds that have appeared to work for some folks but not others. No silver bullet yet, but you may find something that works for you in the meantime.

Anyway, for me it's like going to a restaurant where the food is great but the service just sucks that I don't want to go back!

What are you thoughts?

kweassa1917
04-27-2017, 02:14 AM
There's no company in the world that just slaves their developers and programmers in the way you want it because a problem occurs for some of the people.

I'm really sorry to hear some players couldn't get what they've been anticipating, but it's clearly not a global problem as a lot of other people have no problems at all. Of course, it is no doubt you have every right to be angry, and the fault goes to the devs' mistakes. But mistakes take time to fix, and these are real people with lives and families here, not some slaves you can whip into doing your bidding in whatever fashion you want.

If this was really a global disaster that messed with everyone's game, the level of urgency might have necessiated them to do stuff like you demand, but so far, while many people do report problems, it's still a partial incident.

Comments like these are simply unfair, m8.

HarambeVendetta
04-27-2017, 02:23 AM
Still, gotta love how ****ing shameless Ubisoft is!
"Oh we are in no hurry, it's only 1% of the playerbase, still thanks for your patience"

Well yeah. It's more like 20-30% of the playerbase, if not more, the thread about it would have never got over 10k views any other way.

SymphonyWarrior
04-27-2017, 02:24 AM
There's no company in the world that just slaves their developers and programmers in the way you want it because a problem occurs for some of the people.

I'm really sorry to hear some players couldn't get what they've been anticipating, but it's clearly not a global problem as a lot of other people have no problems at all. Of course, it is no doubt you have every right to be angry, and the fault goes to the devs' mistakes. But mistakes take time to fix, and these are real people with lives and families here, not some slaves you can whip into doing your bidding in whatever fashion you want.

If this was really a global disaster that messed with everyone's game, the level of urgency might have necessiated them to do stuff like you demand, but so far, while many people do report problems, it's still a partial incident.

Comments like these are simply unfair, m8.

I respect your point of view. However, "Slaves" are people that do not get paid. So maybe, Ubisoft does not pay its developers enough? Or maybe neither the developers and Ubisoft HQ care? I'm not angry because the game doesn't work (maybe a little), but I am mostly angry how the situation was addressed.

kweassa1917
04-27-2017, 02:25 AM
Still, gotta love how ****ing shameless Ubisoft is!
"Oh we are in no hurry, it's only 1% of the playerbase, still thanks for your patience"

Well yeah. It's more like 20-30% of the playerbase, if not more, the thread about it would have never got over 10k views any other way.

Ok, just wondering.

Where do you get the 20~30% figure from?

kweassa1917
04-27-2017, 02:32 AM
I respect your point of view. However, "Slaves" are people that do not get paid. So maybe, Ubisoft does not pay its developers enough? Or maybe neither the developers and Ubisoft HQ care? I'm not angry because the game doesn't work (maybe a little), but I am mostly angry how the situation was addressed.

And just how was it addressed?

The patch isn't even 24 hours old at this point. None of us have any idea how long and hard they may or may not have worked prior to uploading 1.06 for download. Maybe they didn't do anything special, but initially, the announcement was "1.06 delayed, no info of when it's gonna come". When this happens, I usually expect a week or two.

But no, they weren't too late at all, and they got 1.06 up as fast as they could -- which, to me, implies they already probably did overwork to keep fans happy by providing 1.06 as fast as they could.

Yeah, they made a mistake. Something was wrong with the patch. They're probably depressed about that fact as it is. So what then? Do you demand them to forget about going home, taking a rest, and just stay at work in triple-shifts to get the fix done within 24 hours of the initial discovery of the problem?

Jesus Christ, people work off schedules and set working hours, you don;'t just ignore all of that and demand people give you what you want instantly, just because you're angry and mad.

What the hell is wrong with you people???

SymphonyWarrior
04-27-2017, 02:43 AM
And just how was it addressed?

The patch isn't even 24 hours old at this point. None of us have any idea how long and hard they may or may not have worked prior to uploading 1.06 for download. Maybe they didn't do anything special, but initially, the announcement was "1.06 delayed, no info of when it's gonna come". When this happens, I usually expect a week or two.

But no, they weren't too late at all, and they got 1.06 up as fast as they could -- which, to me, implies they already probably did overwork to keep fans happy by providing 1.06 as fast as they could.

Yeah, they made a mistake. Something was wrong with the patch. They're probably depressed about that fact as it is. So what then? Do you demand them to forget about going home, taking a rest, and just stay at work in triple-shifts to get the fix done within 24 hours of the initial discovery of the problem?

Jesus Christ, people work off schedules and set working hours, you don;'t just ignore all of that and demand people give you what you want instantly, just because you're angry and mad.

What the hell is wrong with you people???

I am a consumer, that's what's happening here, if you are running a company, wouldn't you want to address any type of issues as soon as possible? Ubisoft makes millions of dollars selling games, do you think it's too hard for them to hire outside devs if the rest of the devs of the company are just too tired and they need to go home?

Why the hell are you even defending Ubisoft? They don't give a crap to what I am saying or what you are saying at the end of the day. All I know is, a game that just came out that is already losing a large % of it's player base, I would be concerned if I was Ubisoft!

Infidel.Castro
04-27-2017, 03:46 AM
I am a consumer, that's what's happening here, if you are running a company, wouldn't you want to address any type of issues as soon as possible? Ubisoft makes millions of dollars selling games, do you think it's too hard for them to hire outside devs if the rest of the devs of the company are just too tired and they need to go home?

I guess they are addressing it as soon as possible. Sometimes things take a while to fix. Welcome to the real world. Also, have you ever considered how long it would take to get some outside devs up to speed on their code? I can tell you it would be considerably more than a nights sleep....

It honestly sounds like you have never had a job in your life.

SymphonyWarrior
04-27-2017, 04:00 AM
I guess they are addressing it as soon as possible. Sometimes things take a while to fix. Welcome to the real world. Also, have you ever considered how long it would take to get some outside devs up to speed on their code? I can tell you it would be considerably more than a nights sleep....

It honestly sounds like you have never had a job in your life.

Interesting. I'm just curious to know why this only affects 1% of PC players, and why there was not enough testing to catch this on, if this was a small bu, which there's tons, no problem, but we can't even start the game. The biggest question would be, if this affected everyone on PC, don't you think a fix would come ASAP?

BTW, I do have a real job.

Infidel.Castro
04-27-2017, 04:14 AM
I bet they are curious why it only affects 1% of players too. If it affected everyone o PC the problem would be easier to find, so a fix would probably come out sooner. So they have to figure out what makes it not work for some but does for the majority. This takes time. Sometimes it's quick other times not. Also they can only test so much. PCs vary greatly. Different components, different drivers, it could some other software conflicting for all we know.

Zeolite XIII
04-27-2017, 05:15 AM
For Honor had taught me to never ever, for any reason what so ever purchase from Ubisoft.

Your situation isn't unique, that's how Ubisoft treats their customers. They got your money, they don't give a damn about you.

For the rest of my life I will never purchase Ubisoft again.

It was my mistake to not return the game, and think they would eventually fix it.

Bobola
04-27-2017, 06:42 AM
So they announced patch. Delayed it because they couldn't keep their word. Released it and it f*cked up the game for many players (1% is just ********, It affected most people on many internet groups I'm a member of). Didn't even have the dignity to make official post about the issue (just laconic reply to complaining player). And you still see only good in all of that? WOW! You either work for ubi or like to be fu*ked by people you paid. I would appeal to your intelligence and ask you not to defend sloppy mistakes made by massive company with plenty of money and work force, but if all previous instances of ubisoft flipping off their customers didn't help you to grow some self-esteem then I certainly won't be able to accomplish that. Stockholm syndrome is my diagnosis.

Ichnich89
04-27-2017, 07:15 AM
Wow... you guys are so angry like your life depends on it. Go out and see some people, grab a beer and watch a movie (if you're old enough), do your homework... I don't know, but please don't come with demands that aren't humanly possible to address in no time... Why don't you criticize in a constructive way instead of this? The devs answered with a statement right away, that they are aware of the problem and that they are working on it. And still all you do is throwing rocks at them. Grow up man...

kweassa1917
04-27-2017, 08:08 AM
So they announced patch. Delayed it because they couldn't keep their word. Released it and it f*cked up the game for many players (1% is just ********, It affected most people on many internet groups I'm a member of). Didn't even have the dignity to make official post about the issue (just laconic reply to complaining player). And you still see only good in all of that? WOW! You either work for ubi or like to be fu*ked by people you paid. I would appeal to your intelligence and ask you not to defend sloppy mistakes made by massive company with plenty of money and work force, but if all previous instances of ubisoft flipping off their customers didn't help you to grow some self-esteem then I certainly won't be able to accomplish that. Stockholm syndrome is my diagnosis.

There's a difference between being angry about someone's mistake, and demanding that the person who made the mistake grovel at your feet and lick your shoes while crying for forgiveness -- which obviously the horde of whiney doushes in this forum just can't seem to tell the difference.

Pro tip: being wronged by someone doesn't give you the right to be an arsehole, nor does it make your spoiled brattish temper tantrums seem any more necessary.

You don't need to be an "UBI employee" to see the some people got clearly issues, and probably should be on medication or therapy or something.

S4k4b4at0u
04-27-2017, 08:45 AM
Now here is some ugly and unpleasant truth. Most of you may not even consider, that Ubisoft employees ARE actually slaves, working 12 hours/day, have no real life, kept away from their families, seeing their kids once for few weeks/ or even months. Why, you ask? Because of the company policy with their workers. So swearing about how bad work they do is acutually very NOT fair. Also, UBI is a company, that must make money, and thats why they make game developers push out out game to the market, even if they are barely finished, or with bugs found, because they have hard schedules, that must be met, otherwise entire teams will be sacked - company must produce as much as possible, they need to make money, quality is a secondary, or even tertiary factor.

The company policy with their workers is due to UBI's top management, their CEO, and also their shareholders, that have a voice and demands about making money. That is how the hard law of the market works. BUT, people suffer, and rage quit from work for game companies. You can find reports about how UBI treats their programmers, and that is not even limited to UBI, so does EA, and others. Read/watch it, see a guy next door that puts code into this game and must deal with failure consequences. It might even not be their fault, lets assume its some other department's, but still all world blame them. Someone could really lose a job because its fu***d company and somebody must be punished. I pity these guys, u made a mistake, learn from it, add crc checksums to downloads and verify files before apply, just for start. (my personal opinion to 1.06 cause)

On final thought: game devs make mistakes, It happens to greatest devs in the world. It's just a game, there are plenty of other games that can be played in this one's outage. It make people angry, because they spend their money, and some consolation should be a good practice, but still, its just a game. It takes 6 months, or a year after premiere to fix a bad game, that happened do Diablo 2 and 3 and many other games.

SymphonyWarrior
04-27-2017, 02:52 PM
Now here is some ugly and unpleasant truth. Most of you may not even consider, that Ubisoft employees ARE actually slaves, working 12 hours/day, have no real life, kept away from their families, seeing their kids once for few weeks/ or even months. Why, you ask? Because of the company policy with their workers. So swearing about how bad work they do is acutually very NOT fair. Also, UBI is a company, that must make money, and thats why they make game developers push out out game to the market, even if they are barely finished, or with bugs found, because they have hard schedules, that must be met, otherwise entire teams will be sacked - company must produce as much as possible, they need to make money, quality is a secondary, or even tertiary factor.

The company policy with their workers is due to UBI's top management, their CEO, and also their shareholders, that have a voice and demands about making money. That is how the hard law of the market works. BUT, people suffer, and rage quit from work for game companies. You can find reports about how UBI treats their programmers, and that is not even limited to UBI, so does EA, and others. Read/watch it, see a guy next door that puts code into this game and must deal with failure consequences. It might even not be their fault, lets assume its some other department's, but still all world blame them. Someone could really lose a job because its fu***d company and somebody must be punished. I pity these guys, u made a mistake, learn from it, add crc checksums to downloads and verify files before apply, just for start. (my personal opinion to 1.06 cause)

On final thought: game devs make mistakes, It happens to greatest devs in the world. It's just a game, there are plenty of other games that can be played in this one's outage. It make people angry, because they spend their money, and some consolation should be a good practice, but still, its just a game. It takes 6 months, or a year after premiere to fix a bad game, that happened do Diablo 2 and 3 and many other games.

Makes total sense, and that's who I am blaming, Ubisoft, not the programmers.

SymphonyWarrior
04-27-2017, 09:01 PM
UPDATE: This is what makes us frustrated. Ubisoft is not yet able to send out an update with the fix to this issue, HOWEVER, players that don't get paid to fix these issues fix them before Ubisoft even. Why?

Check this thread to see. (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1644875-For-Honor-crashes-upon-launching-after-downloading-the-update/page37)

This is just beyond me. Thanks to the players that actually worked on it to get it fixed as soon as possible.