PDA

View Full Version : Changig faction during off season

R-a-g-e.
04-26-2017, 08:26 PM
Is it possible to change the faction right now without any disadvantage?
Or will the game automatically ask me for choosing my faction when the 2nd season starts?

I am a viking and I would like to choose a new faction for the new season. :o

Thasnatos
04-26-2017, 08:34 PM
Wonder the same thing ... I love the knight but giving ornaments to the winner side only (exclusive) makes me want to change faction. how can 10 knights beat 99k Neckbeards in the faction war ?

Dizzy4213
04-26-2017, 09:04 PM
I wouldn't change Faction yet till you get some confirmation about it.

Looks like most people have changed Faction already. Vikings will be at 40 (never seen it that high) next turn. Knights 14 and Samurai 6.

R-a-g-e.
04-27-2017, 07:14 AM
It would be great if someone from Ubisoft could comment so that we have an official answer.

Karma_Ghost
04-27-2017, 08:52 AM
I would like to know this too. If we change factions after the new season starts, we forfeit the first round reward. If the offseason has a reward as well, then changing now would also be disadvantageous. WIll there be a safe faction switch?

Looks like most people have changed Faction already. Vikings will be at 40 (never seen it that high) next turn. Knights 14 and Samurai 6.

Besides the territory numbers, I've seen several vikings with silver season 1 borders on their emblems.

Tundra 793
04-27-2017, 09:06 AM
I'm pretty sure the point of having an Off Season is specifically to change factions, if one desires to, without penalties. Can't say 100% for certain, but I'm like 99.9% sure.

But If I've understood the Faction War, just because the Vikings won the first season, even with all the people wanting to switch now, that's no guarantee they'll win the next season. The factions with less members gets War Asset boosts to make up the difference. If everyone goes Viking, the value of assets for Knights and Samurai will just sky rocket.

Plus, switching doesn't get you the Season 1 rewards, yes?

Plutonium Bug
04-27-2017, 09:27 AM
just claim your rewards from season one than switch to the other faction -> restart game -> claim their round rewards (not season) -> switch to the last faction -> repeat first steps -> go back to normal faction bam! you got a total of 6 SC of the round and it reads only switching in season makes you lose your rewards.so not in off season

TheLastPandaa
04-27-2017, 11:44 AM
I moved yesterday from samurai faction to Knight faction.
I am having a great time with my R9 Conqueror. Dont see the time to come back home and play with him again.
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/001/176/876/aa2.jpg

Delta1038
04-27-2017, 12:06 PM
I am wondering the same thing, I also picked Samurai in the beginning and the only reason I didn't switch to Knights shortly after was I didn't want to lose out on the scavenger crates. Now that the first season is done I really want to switch to the Knights.

MasterChiefPON
04-27-2017, 01:25 PM
You can change faction safely. I already did, you won't lose your emblem outline or rewards, and as a guy said, when I switched I got the scavenger crates reward from the last round of that faction.

Tobias96716
04-27-2017, 01:50 PM
I have been Samurai sinced closed beta, and i will stay Samurai!

Plutonium Bug
04-27-2017, 02:03 PM
I have been Samurai sinced closed beta, and i will stay Samurai!

Just switch for a minute and get 3 free crates then go back that is what I did

Dizzy4213
04-27-2017, 02:05 PM
Looks like most have jumped ship to the Viking Faction. Not that I'm surprised. There's so little incentive to stick with your current Faction.

Tundra 793
04-27-2017, 03:01 PM
Found some Official confirmation saying that you can switch factions without penalties during the Off Season: http://blog.ubi.com/honor-season-one-faction-war-ends-viking-victory/
Lots of other useful and interesting information in there, and I haven't seen anyone here link to that blog, so please guys, spread it around.

I was quite surprised to learn that the Vikings were actually the smallest faction for instance.

Plutonium Bug
04-27-2017, 03:20 PM
Thank you for that link!