PDA

View Full Version : I want the Vikings season reward ornaments :(

iiRAINBOW_DASH
04-26-2017, 07:14 PM
Samurai or Knight players should at least have the options to buy it. It's not fair :'(

Berserker and Valkyrie ornaments are the best ones. Better than mythic and elites.

Ubisoft, I'm offering microtransaction $$$. Please let me buy it for some characters.

Gray360UK
04-26-2017, 07:15 PM
War is not fair.

SlashingElbow
04-26-2017, 07:16 PM
lol the generation of everyone gets a trophy even though you lost.. Dude this is good for you. Builds some character. MAybe u fight harder for the things u want next time eh?

Harry_S._Houle
04-26-2017, 07:17 PM
well they said that the reward is unique and only for the winner of the session, so i dont think you ll see it in the shop for steel. Unique stuff should stay unique, Just wait 1 or 2 more weeks for new ornament release

iiRAINBOW_DASH
04-26-2017, 07:18 PM
lol the generation of everyone gets a trophy even though you lost.. Dude this is good for you. Builds some character. MAybe u fight harder for the things u want next time eh?
Dude I'm rep 42 overall. I did my fair share of fighting for my fellow bamboo eaters.

jibninja
04-26-2017, 07:20 PM
Have to agree, my Valkyrie ornament IS the cats ***. Thanks for playing. Lol.

SlashingElbow
04-26-2017, 07:21 PM
Good job. Should have went for a faction with real warriors. You made a choice and lost though. There are some sick ornaments for the samurais so i can see why you are crying a little bit lol. They should not be able to be bought with steel though that is just a slap in the face to the vikings who actually fought for it. They are gonna update with new ornaments all the time anyway since u know ubisoft are all about that micro transactions..

iiRAINBOW_DASH
04-26-2017, 07:21 PM
well they said that the reward is unique and only for the winner of the session, so i dont think you ll see it in the shop for steel. Unique stuff should stay unique, Just wait 1 or 2 more weeks for new ornament release
Why should they get ornaments for every character? Second place Samurai should at least be able to get few ornaments :/ Like wtf

Harry_S._Houle
04-26-2017, 07:28 PM
i dont make the rules dude, but i totally understand that first place gets the big cake and the others get nothing. I mean its a competition. not a fair and balanced one but still a competition from ubisoft. Winner takes all. War is not fair ;) and yes Valkyrie ornament is delicious :)

iiRAINBOW_DASH
04-26-2017, 07:36 PM
i dont make the rules dude, but i totally understand that first place gets the big cake and the others get nothing. I mean its a competition. not a fair and balanced one but still a competition from ubisoft. Winner takes all. War is not fair ;) and yes Valkyrie ornament is delicious :)
*sigh* I'm rep 42 and I bet I deployed more war assets than 90% of the Vikings. There should be more emphasis on individual contributions. So some kid got the game yesterday and decided to pick Vikings cause he can make a poke ball on a stick emblem deserves all of those sick ornaments more than me? I don't think so...

SALTROKA
04-26-2017, 07:41 PM
War is not fair.

But game does.

Gray360UK
04-26-2017, 07:41 PM
I think, not that I care or am really bothered, but because some people seem to be, that a nice touch might have been to give everyone the Ornaments, but ... and this would be quite a clever way to keep everyone happy ... make them golden for the Vikings, Silver for the Samurai and Bronze for the Knights (we have these material colours in the game already).

Problem solved. You can still clearly see who won, who came second, by the colour of their Ornament, so they keep their prestige and bragging rights, but everyone has something to show for the millions of Assets they deployed.

But hey, not gonna happen. Could have. This will probably just make you feel worse ;)

pancakerz
04-26-2017, 07:51 PM
*sigh* I'm rep 42 and I bet I deployed more war assets than 90% of the Vikings. There should be more emphasis on individual contributions. So some kid got the game yesterday and decided to pick Vikings cause he can make a poke ball on a stick emblem deserves all of those sick ornaments more than me? I don't think so...

Why don't I get you a straw so that you can suck it up, precious.

I'm samurai btw. We lost. boo hoo. better luck next time. Be a gracious loser and let the vikings enjoy the unique ornaments. It's something that they have that nobody else can acquire regardless of time or money spent on the game. And that's pretty cool in my opinion.

SlashingElbow
04-26-2017, 07:55 PM

I'm samurai btw. We lost. boo hoo. better luck next time. Be a gracious loser and let the vikings enjoy the unique ornaments. It's something that they have that nobody else can acquire regardless of time or money spent on the game. And that's pretty cool in my opinion.

Finaly a guy with some sense of honour and dont degrade himself or his faciton coming crying after the war. Respect to you sir

iiRAINBOW_DASH
04-26-2017, 08:03 PM

OK, honor brigade. I'm already a viking. I just picked a wrong faction to be rep 42 and 21 days of playing time.

Pope138
04-26-2017, 08:07 PM

Dignity, my dude. Get you some. Or don't--whatever.
You do you, I'm just letting you know that "you" is coming off as a crybaby.

AndersenThree
04-26-2017, 08:07 PM
Love the new ornaments. I was a viking at the beginning but jumped ship when I realized I pretty much mained a Lawbringer and it just made sense to be a Knight then. Oh well....just gives the faction war a bit more purpose now that there is some awesome ornaments as a reward that not everyone can get. This was a nice touch Ubisoft.

Flello
04-26-2017, 08:22 PM
Ubi just can't get a break when it comes to rewards. Serves them right for not having a fair system to begin with though to be honest.

I still believe rewards should be based on personal contribution, not because you have to pick with a 1 in 3 chance of getting lucky.

iiRAINBOW_DASH
04-26-2017, 08:28 PM
Ubi just can't get a break when it comes to rewards. Serves them right for not having a fair system to begin with though to be honest.

I still believe rewards should be based on personal contribution, not because you have to pick with a 1 in 3 chance of getting lucky.
Thank you. Exclusive content to a faction is a no no for all the problems that this game has. Vikings won yes congrats but I want some of those ornaments or let me pay steel to get it for being a second place weeb.

SK-LorD4rk
04-26-2017, 08:36 PM
Very disappointed by the reward design overall.

I understand the idea of the ’winner gets all, second/third place gets nothing’ concept and the reasoning behind it. The problem is that it’s completely incompatible with the Faction War system design.

Rewards in this particular case, should only be measured by individual performance, nothing else. Problems with the current design:

< REP3 casuals getting ALL rewards by choosing the “right” faction
> REP20 meticulous (asset deployment wise) hardcore players gets nothing because they choose the “wrong” faction
first place Faction will naturally get stronger (new joiners) prior to the start of the next season (poor design)
third place Faction will naturally get weaker (leavers) prior to the start of the next season (poor design)
PK mains earning assets for Vikings / Samurai (no Faction hero attachment/benefit)
WL mains earning assets for Knights / Samurai (no Faction hero attachment/benefit)

I’m all inclined to reward people that really put the effort, but the current system simply works against itself.

A much better reward to the current (flawed) FW system would be: Top 1K (or 500 or 50) players – no matter what Faction chosen – that deployed the most assets: wins all. The rest: nothing.

The whole system is poor designed and executed tbh. I have posted some ideas to help improve the FW system for future seasons:

War of the Factions Now and Then (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1629264-War-of-the-Factions-Now-and-Then)

All things considered, I firmly don’t think the Samurai or the Knights should get the S1 exclusive rewards in anyway, never. What is done is done. One can only hope for a better FW/reward system in the future, thou.

iiRAINBOW_DASH
04-26-2017, 09:34 PM
Very disappointed by the reward design overall.

I understand the idea of the ’winner gets all, second/third place gets nothing’ concept and the reasoning behind it. The problem is that it’s completely incompatible with the Faction War system design.

Rewards in this particular case, should only be measured by individual performance, nothing else. Problems with the current design:

< REP3 casuals getting ALL rewards by choosing the “right” faction
> REP20 meticulous (asset deployment wise) hardcore players gets nothing because they choose the “wrong” faction
first place Faction will naturally get stronger (new joiners) prior to the start of the next season (poor design)
third place Faction will naturally get weaker (leavers) prior to the start of the next season (poor design)
PK mains earning assets for Vikings / Samurai (no Faction hero attachment/benefit)
WL mains earning assets for Knights / Samurai (no Faction hero attachment/benefit)

I’m all inclined to reward people that really put the effort, but the current system simply works against itself.

A much better reward to the current (flawed) FW system would be: Top 1K (or 500 or 50) players – no matter what Faction chosen – that deployed the most assets: wins all. The rest: nothing.

The whole system is poor designed and executed tbh. I have posted some ideas to help improve the FW system for future seasons:

War of the Factions Now and Then (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1629264-War-of-the-Factions-Now-and-Then)

All things considered, I firmly don’t think the Samurai or the Knights should get the S1 exclusive rewards in anyway, never. What is done is done. One can only hope for a better FW/reward system in the future, thou.
Well said. FeelsBadMan.

J-HovTheKnolls
04-26-2017, 09:36 PM
No, you should never be able to buy it, you should have chose Viking. Also i wonder how many bums switched right before the end so weak.

xAnaToMx
04-26-2017, 09:41 PM
Samurai or Knight players should at least have the options to buy it. It's not fair :'(

Berserker and Valkyrie ornaments are the best ones. Better than mythic and elites.

Ubisoft, I'm offering microtransaction $$$. Please let me buy it for some characters.

Not fair???? Dude that's spoils of war. It would make no sense if you could just buy peoples effort...

J-HovTheKnolls
04-26-2017, 09:41 PM
Wow, so your reasoning is you have absolutely nothing to do but play 18 hrs a day 7 days a week so you deserve it all, like i said the first time NO you chose wrong deal with it.

xAnaToMx
04-26-2017, 09:45 PM
Why should they get ornaments for every character? Second place Samurai should at least be able to get few ornaments :/ Like wtf

In WAR, There is no second place :P....Apollyon is probably live under a rock for a bit of time now.

WoodDaGawd
04-26-2017, 10:38 PM
"I still deserve everything even if I lose"..

What is wrong with you kids today? Who gave you this entitlement? Do you ALWAYS cry when things don't go your way?

BLooMeaT
04-26-2017, 10:49 PM
Faction War is wosrt thing i ever see in games. Your action mean nothing and you don't got reward for your job. You just don't feel the impact of the process. Look at mechwarrior or worldoftanks, when you fight - you fight for your land with your teammates. And here, all factions in 1 team vs same team and your reward = % that give you nothing. It's just another anoying useless promotional material.

THAMONK5
04-26-2017, 10:51 PM
Nope dry you're eyes the only people that should get these rewards is vikings. They won that is their prize & you think you should just be able to buy it. No that wouldn't be right suck it up better luck season 2 fella (from a knight).

SangLong524
04-26-2017, 11:06 PM
Samurai since round 1 here! Just to let people know, I'm very angry and disappointed at the outcome.
But what done is done. Vikings won! I can't say fair and square but.... they won.The winner does deserve the spoil of war. Let the Vikings enjoy their victory.
In real wars, u lose everything. Lands, family (*cough* women *cough*, in case someone's too dumb, it's mothers, sisters, wives, daughters), your own life. Can't complain when your head is on the spike. Consider yourself lucky. Really, do pay History some attention, if not the world's, at least your own country.
we'll do better after we're done being sad next season.
This whining is worse than a baby throwing his tantrum since he wants the other baby's treat. How disgraceful!
FYI, i'm rep 50. I'm sure there're plenty of people with higher rep.
I go venting on the bots in DOM now. BYE!

bmason1000
04-26-2017, 11:48 PM

This guy gets it.

UbiNoty
04-26-2017, 11:55 PM
Next season, when the Samurai win - our ornaments will be the best (hides behind rock).

darkspawn2101
04-26-2017, 11:56 PM
I was vikings for most of the season and got jack all, what is this bull?

Reign
04-27-2017, 12:04 AM
Found the kids whose parents had to buy them a gift on a siblings birthday so they didn't feel left out and cry.

Moondyne_MC
04-27-2017, 12:22 AM
I'm fine with the season winners having exclusive rewards that no one else can get.

What I am bothered by is their choice of rewards. The thought that someone could have picked up the game 2 days ago and chose Vikings will now permanently have Samurai ornaments that my rep 7 Nobushi, who I had deployed hundreds of thousands of assets with will never have access too.

I far prefer the emblem outline handling, hell they could have given Vikings a dozen new emblem outlines and new customisation options and the like, or even just left it at a new set of Viking ornaments, but not a set of ornaments for the other factions when those factions will never even have access to them.

Gray360UK
04-27-2017, 02:07 AM
I'm fine with the season winners having exclusive rewards that no one else can get.

What I am bothered by is their choice of rewards. The thought that someone could have picked up the game 2 days ago and chose Vikings will now permanently have Samurai ornaments that my rep 7 Nobushi, who I had deployed hundreds of thousands of assets with will never have access too.

I far prefer the emblem outline handling, hell they could have given Vikings a dozen new emblem outlines and new customisation options and the like, or even just left it at a new set of Viking ornaments, but not a set of ornaments for the other factions when those factions will never even have access to them.

I was half expecting the rewards to be related to the faction that won, i.e. Ornaments for all of the Viking characters if the Vikings won .... but then again, that wouldn't make sense because of the 'play any character' nature of the Faction War. You mention having a Rep 7 Nobushi and a Viking having an Ornament for the Nobushi that you'll never own, but you kinda assume Vikings are playing as Vikings. The funny thing is, that Viking guy is just as likely to have a Rep 7 Nobushi as you are.

Lorgurdar
04-27-2017, 02:09 AM
i am just going to get some popcorn salt it with the tears of the young pups and keep reading the comments

Mia.Nora
04-27-2017, 02:44 AM
I was on the lucky spectrum of FW by having chosen Vikings, and I totally agree with OP. Just because they happened to pick a faction that was not the winner, the individual players should not be completely deprived of cosmetic options.

Winner already got them for free, what is wrong with others being able to buy it?? I hope they give you guys the option to buy them.

SlashingElbow
04-27-2017, 03:53 AM
u deserve nothing. you deserve shaming, go run with your tail between your legs to the forest and start training for the next war lol

bmason1000
04-27-2017, 04:08 AM
If your team loses the super bowl, you get a much cheaper and less impressive ring.

Moondyne_MC
04-27-2017, 04:48 AM
I was half expecting the rewards to be related to the faction that won, i.e. Ornaments for all of the Viking characters if the Vikings won .... but then again, that wouldn't make sense because of the 'play any character' nature of the Faction War. You mention having a Rep 7 Nobushi and a Viking having an Ornament for the Nobushi that you'll never own, but you kinda assume Vikings are playing as Vikings. The funny thing is, that Viking guy is just as likely to have a Rep 7 Nobushi as you are.

You're right, I do more or less assume that, as I'm Samurai faction and pretty much exclusively play Samurai characters. I dunno, it just feels logical to me to stick with the faction your main character is on, assuming you do have a main.

While I understand locking characters to a faction would be ridiculous, I'd also assume (generally speaking) most Viking faction players would play a Viking character, same for other factions. I also realize other characters having something doesn't take anything away from me at all.

I just think it feels a bit stoogey that Vikings essentially got Viking, Samurai AND Knight rewards, rather than just Viking rewards.

Sykoink
04-27-2017, 05:07 AM
You're right, I do more or less assume that, as I'm Samurai faction and pretty much exclusively play Samurai characters. I dunno, it just feels logical to me to stick with the faction your main character is on, assuming you do have a main.

While I understand locking characters to a faction would be ridiculous, I'd also assume (generally speaking) most Viking faction players would play a Viking character, same for other factions. I also realize other characters having something doesn't take anything away from me at all.

I just think it feels a bit stoogey that Vikings essentially got Viking, Samurai AND Knight rewards, rather than just Viking rewards.

On the other hand, if your faction would have won and you got the rewards for all classes in all 3 factions then my guess is that you wouldn't be saying this :)

A lot of people are disappointed about the rewards even (or just salty because they didn't get them). Giving the winning faction of Season 1 just 4 viking ornaments would especially be underwhelming and for the people who play other classes too, quite useless.

I think this was a perfect reward for the winning faction. And also, giving out the rewards to the other factions later or putting them up to buy for steel would greatly diminish the rewards of a faction season win. (This point is just in general responding to the topic, not to your point).

BigBadDogIV
04-27-2017, 05:08 AM

I agree with the spirit of your post. However, that last sentence doesn't really accurately apply to Faction War as currently designed. Currently winning Faction War seems to be mostly dependent on luck rather than anything else.

I don't really care one way or the other about any ornament but I do think the Faction War system needs a complete re-work. Right now there are 15 days to a round but only the very last moment of the very last day of the round matters. And given how the faction in the lead changes every day with no real consistency to when they change lead, Faction War might as well be determined by which way the wind is blowing at the moment it comes to a end. Heck in a very real way you could say that it already is.

Butonfly
04-27-2017, 06:44 AM

Clearly you should have picked the winning team.

Play to win, not to get the most individual war assets.

Butonfly
04-27-2017, 06:46 AM
so funny how both knights and Vikings *****ed about round 3 samurai win and everyone got the rank 1 reward in an event... making some people get more crates than samurai were supposed to... now they are all hard saying gtfo lmao. gg

Wasn't this because Ubisoft fkd up, ensuring the win for Samurai? So instead we'd of seen a 4 - 1 victory to Vikings at the end instead of a 3 - 2? In which case, dolling out some universal rewards wasn't such a dumb idea.

Pretty much the controversy wouldn't exist if that round had played out properly. Regardless of who won it.

Moondyne_MC
04-27-2017, 07:09 AM
On the other hand, if your faction would have won and you got the rewards for all classes in all 3 factions then my guess is that you wouldn't be saying this :)

A lot of people are disappointed about the rewards even (or just salty because they didn't get them). Giving the winning faction of Season 1 just 4 viking ornaments would especially be underwhelming and for the people who play other classes too, quite useless.

I think this was a perfect reward for the winning faction. And also, giving out the rewards to the other factions later or putting them up to buy for steel would greatly diminish the rewards of a faction season win. (This point is just in general responding to the topic, not to your point).

With all due respect, your guess would be wrong. There's already a thread started by a Viking player who feels the same too.

Ulrichvonbek111
04-27-2017, 08:45 AM
so funny how both knights and Vikings *****ed about round 3 samurai win and everyone got the rank 1 reward in an event... making some people get more crates than samurai were supposed to... now they are all hard saying gtfo lmao. gg

How so very true..
Yes Ubisoft claimed they couldn't identify who fought for who,,couldn't be bothered to look deeper so they just gave all factions the 3 crates..
I've friends who play all factions and many of them ended up with double reward while many like myself who won the round had yo participate in community order to get weighed in....

Well done Vikings for taking the war,,a mighty formidable foe.

Knights what can i say except within your ranks there were many who sacrificed any chance of victory because of their treachery.
Through resentment or jealousy they left your border with Vikings to fall to the mighty foe without even a decent fight...thus your faction mostly fought on one front....
To achieve any chance of victory you need to fight on both fronts against both factions..

As Samurai I'm more than delighted with our honourable conduct during the war..from the ashes of closed Alpha,,closed and open Beta's and 1st round we rose to take 2nd and 3rd battles.
We fought fiercely and victory was attained against all odds..

Once again Vikings congratulations on your great victory.

DrinkinMehStella
04-27-2017, 10:06 AM
its just a silly ornament don't worry about it. id be more happy with champion status.

ArimakoInfernua
05-01-2017, 03:12 AM
Dude I'm rep 42 overall. I did my fair share of fighting for my fellow bamboo eaters. I think knights should at least get their own factions. Same with samurai. They don't get others though. Or lock it behind a paywall.

Sorry I realized this couldve sounded like it was addressed to you.

I would spend a thousand on the game. But if I can't even 100% my faction let alone my OWN main. Why bother. I'm sick of ubi making screw up after screw up. You don't get to pull the **** you pulled and not let the other factions get their fair share. I'm about done. Me and I'm sure many others would be fine with a limited time paywall so the ornaments can't be bought after a while. I love you ubi. Always have. Own up to your mistakes and reward people who've stayed with you. I was with you from 2015. I got the biggest edition besides stupid gamestop deal. I bought the helmet set I bought the apolyon statue. I have bought all your merch from amazon. You have made mistake after mistake you don't get to keep hiding behind stupid reasons so you don't have to atone. I planned on spending money on this game. I have spent money on this game. I will continue to spend money. But if you don't reward all your members with their factions ornaments or at least payed access to them or reward them some other way. I'm done. I will be even more done if the new season 2 update screws up. That will really be the end of it for me. Fix the problems you made ubi. Or let your game die a slow agonizing death.

ArimakoInfernua
05-01-2017, 03:15 AM
First off how are sam not real warriors and i'm a knight. I agree they are the most ragged on faction but still I think the samurai should be aloud to have their own factions rewards. Same with knights. I think they meant they wanted to get their own ornaments not all of them.

Potatoserver825
05-01-2017, 04:52 AM
I agree with op. The new valk ornament is my favorite out of all the ones she has. I think it's messed up that me and a lot of others will miss out on ornaments that could potentially be our favorites. They should be locked behind a ridiculous paywall, like if they cost 5-10k each for the losing factions. Since people love bringing up real life and "real wars" how about this: if you're in a contest and you win a brand new car, do you feel like less of a winner because someone else worked hard, saved up money, and bought the car? I know I wouldn't, I would be happy that I got it all for free while others have to pay a large amount of money for it. The concept is almost the same thing as faction war except for the fact that your individual contribution was actually rewarded from the contest. When I chose my faction it never warned me that there'd be exclusives based on it or how many, how good, how active, or even who would be in each faction. I'm left to 1/3 chance of picking the inning team and if I chose wrong and try to switch mid season I'm punished anyways. I think exclusives would be fine if they at least were awarded to the top individuals as well.