PDA

View Full Version : My FOR HONOR "Captures" have disappeared from Xbox One. Temporary?

scipio24
04-26-2017, 05:21 PM
My FOR HONOR "Captures" on Xbox One have disappeared. Is this Temporary?

Has anyone else had this problem?

It happened right as the off season began, but I'm not sure I understand why my own personal captures have gone missing?

DuhSavagePickle
04-26-2017, 05:27 PM
Same, if im correct... They said something about removing the feature for recording on Xbox One because it's involved in some aspect of Disconnects.

But even if that's so, why would they remove our previously recorded videos?

An answer from Ubi would be high appreciated. Will we be getting our videos back after recording is turned back on?

Thanks.

CandleInTheDark
04-26-2017, 05:27 PM
Did they come from dvr? Because the devs disabled that today as since the microsoft update it has been causing connection issues. I can't imagine how it would also make yours disappear but it is the only connection I can make with aht has happened today..

Parxor
04-26-2017, 05:39 PM
The joke is that the Game dvr is not even disabled. The only thing that is not possible anymore is to upload clips that were made in For Honor..... So they did not even suceed in turning the dvr off. And I don't think any Gamedev can decide to turn the dvr off while theyre game is running.Since it is a core feature of the XBone.

scipio24
04-26-2017, 06:36 PM
Same, if im correct... They said something about removing the feature for recording on Xbox One because it's involved in some aspect of Disconnects.

But even if that's so, why would they remove our previously recorded videos?

An answer from Ubi would be high appreciated. Will we be getting our videos back after recording is turned back on?

Thanks.

There were definitely times when I would record mid-game and you could see the lag kick in, so it would be understandable to disable the ability to record until UBI corrects this, but I agree completely - why would you need to wipe out the old videos? It bums me out.

It's like having your child taken away... if your child was a collection of lucky revenge parries and spammed zone attacks. What am I to drunkenly do now at 3 in the AM?

DuhSavagePickle
04-26-2017, 06:50 PM
There were definitely times when I would record mid-game and you could see the lag kick in, so it would be understandable to disable the ability to record until UBI corrects this, but I agree completely - why would you need to wipe out the old videos? It bums me out.

It's like having your child taken away... if your child was a collection of lucky revenge parries and spammed zone attacks. What am I to drunkenly do now at 3 in the AM?

Exactly. Lmao

Gray360UK
04-26-2017, 06:54 PM
Weird, I still have all of my old captures. As the guy above me said, the only thing I don't appear to be able to do is upload them to Xbox Live. I can however upload them to One Drive /shrug

And, I can still press Home and record or take a screenshot, so I'm not sure how anyone can call that DVR being disabled, mine certainly isn't.

UbiNoty
04-27-2017, 01:20 AM
We tried to disable them from our side but hit a little bump in the road when it wasn't actually disabled on Microsoft's side. It will happen though and hopefully it will help improve the state of XB1's connection issues.

Eclipsedmoon86
04-27-2017, 05:39 AM
Hello to all affected by this, I may be able to clear this up for you. If you are Xbox one like me then your captures are still on your Xbox.

First off navigate to your DVR by going to manage captures, click the button that says captures on this xbox and they should all appear. They won't however appear on Xbox live due to them being temporarily removed

Gray360UK
04-27-2017, 12:03 PM
Hello to all affected by this, I may be able to clear this up for you. If you are Xbox one like me then your captures are still on your Xbox.

First off navigate to your DVR by going to manage captures, click the button that says captures on this xbox and they should all appear. They won't however appear on Xbox live due to them being temporarily removed

This is only partly true, assuming you had them on 'This XBOX' in the first place. Going through my clips, I can see the only ones I have both in XBOX Live and This XBOX are the same, and all from the last 20 days only. As far as I know, clips go to This XBOX when XBOX Live is full, and then when you make space on XBOX Live by deleting some captures the ones in This XBOX transfer themselves over. So if you accidentally happened to have some in This XBOX because your Live was full, then yeah, some of your captures are safe, but this is down to random chance and luck. This XBOX is your hard drive, so it doesn't matter what Ubi / Microsoft do, they can't delete those.

Live is where the problem is. I had clips going back 50+days and they are all gone. Luckily for me I think all of them have been uploaded to One Drive. I do that every few days and luckily a couple of days before the DVR disable / deletion of clips I'd uploaded everything from 30-20 days old. My Live is constantly at 100% + so theres always 2-3 weeks of clips in This XBOX and through sheer luck the 20 days and under clips I would have lost for good are there.

Many people will have lost everything if they didn't upload their collection to One Drive though.

Not sure they will ever make a reappearance either.

scipio24
04-27-2017, 05:58 PM

I had edited clips that I stored on ONEDRIVE that are completely missing. Every clip I recorded is missing. I really do appreciate you wanting to clear it up, but I know how to navigate through the Xbox to find my captures - and all of my Ghost Recon captures are still there - just not the For Honor captures...

***Correction*** -- I just found ONE of my most recent captures on the ONEDRIVE accessed through my LAPTOP and not through my actual XBOX ONE.

I'm curious how removing ALREADY recorded clips from months ago is supposed to help with connectivity?

DuhSavagePickle
04-27-2017, 06:12 PM
I had edited clips that I stored on ONEDRIVE that are completely missing. Every clip I recorded is missing. I really do appreciate you wanting to clear it up, but I know how to navigate through the Xbox to find my captures - and all of my Ghost Recon captures are still there - just not the For Honor captures...

***Correction*** -- I just found ONE of my most recent captures on the ONEDRIVE accessed through my LAPTOP and not through my actual XBOX ONE.

I'm curious how removing ALREADY recorded clips from months ago is supposed to help with connectivity?

Perhaps it was an error on microsofts side.

scipio24
04-27-2017, 06:13 PM
We tried to disable them from our side but hit a little bump in the road when it wasn't actually disabled on Microsoft's side. It will happen though and hopefully it will help improve the state of XB1's connection issues.

I'm curious how removing ALREADY recorded clips from months ago is supposed to help with connectivity? I am one of the more loyal For Honor players who completely understands the growing pains and the connectivity issues - and I appreciate the DEVS are working on the connectivity before adding Tournaments, DLC, etc, but it is a little bit weird to retroactively take away the highlights of my gameplay that I recorded to enjoy and share.

And if Microsoft DIDN"T disable it why would that result in losing footage. That seems like it WOULDN"T change anything and that the supposed connectivity issues caused by the DVR would persist - not delete footage. Forgive my persistence, but the causality of this just doesn't add up.

The answer is a little Raph - Maybe a little TOO Raph...

scipio24
04-27-2017, 06:15 PM
Perhaps it was an error on microsofts side.

Yeah maybe... I'll send them an error ticket and see what I get.

scipio24
04-27-2017, 06:53 PM
This is only partly true, assuming you had them on 'This XBOX' in the first place. Going through my clips, I can see the only ones I have both in XBOX Live and This XBOX are the same, and all from the last 20 days only. As far as I know, clips go to This XBOX when XBOX Live is full, and then when you make space on XBOX Live by deleting some captures the ones in This XBOX transfer themselves over. So if you accidentally happened to have some in This XBOX because your Live was full, then yeah, some of your captures are safe, but this is down to random chance and luck. This XBOX is your hard drive, so it doesn't matter what Ubi / Microsoft do, they can't delete those.

Live is where the problem is. I had clips going back 50+days and they are all gone. Luckily for me I think all of them have been uploaded to One Drive. I do that every few days and luckily a couple of days before the DVR disable / deletion of clips I'd uploaded everything from 30-20 days old. My Live is constantly at 100% + so theres always 2-3 weeks of clips in This XBOX and through sheer luck the 20 days and under clips I would have lost for good are there.

Many people will have lost everything if they didn't upload their collection to One Drive though.

Not sure they will ever make a reappearance either.

Yeah most of what you are saying seems to be the case. I only own 3 games so I only have used about 33% of my storage - some of my clips were uploaded to ONEDRIVE and only 1 out of 4 remains on there.

Im actually speaking with xbox livechat now but the customer service agent seems to know less about the xbox then my 10 year old brother. I was initially directed to the boiler plate "How xbox DVR works" article on the xbox website - then after explaining the minutia was then asked if I had them on an external HDD.

I'm waiting for the agent to ask me to try to "Turn Off then On again" with my xbox, and then proceed to blame Ubisoft or tell me they will work VERY HARD to resolve this issue which is code for "I have no clue what I'm doing, you might as well go buy lube"

I can appreciate they mentioned removing future DVR services during the April 21st warriors den, but if I knew it was going to delete my previous recordings I would have moved them over. If this is an xbox/microsoft issue - so be it.

I do resist the idea that better "safe than sorry" because this wasn't like my xbox harddrive crashed and I didn't have it backed up, this was a sort of "whitewashing" of my old videos, and it was ONLY the For Honor videos.

Not to mention I can't make new videos now - and I'm forced to rubber band my iPhone to a Tripod to get recordings (A little facetious humor for you).

Gray360UK
04-27-2017, 07:08 PM
Yeah most of what you are saying seems to be the case. I only own 3 games so I only have used about 33% of my storage - some of my clips were uploaded to ONEDRIVE and only 1 out of 4 remains on there.

Im actually speaking with xbox livechat now but the customer service agent seems to know less about the xbox then my 10 year old brother. I was initially directed to the boiler plate "How xbox DVR works" article on the xbox website - then after explaining the minutia was then asked if I had them on an external HDD.

I'm waiting for the agent to ask me to try to "Turn Off then On again" with my xbox, and then proceed to blame Ubisoft or tell me they will work VERY HARD to resolve this issue which is code for "I have no clue what I'm doing, you might as well go buy lube"

I can appreciate they mentioned removing future DVR services during the April 21st warriors den, but if I knew it was going to delete my previous recordings I would have moved them over. If this is an xbox/microsoft issue - so be it.

I do resist the idea that better "safe than sorry" because this wasn't like my xbox harddrive crashed and I didn't have it backed up, this was a sort of "whitewashing" of my old videos, and it was ONLY the For Honor videos.

Not to mention I can't make new videos now - and I'm forced to rubber band my iPhone to a Tripod to get recordings (A little facetious humor for you).

I'm only not mad because mine are all safe. My One Drive clips are all still there, strange you lost some of those, that should be seperate from anything done on your Console or to your Console by Ubisoft or Microsoft.

It is outrageous that many people will have lost dozens if not hundreds of clips without warning if they just had them sitting on Xbox Live on their Console. Some of my best For Honor moments would be gone forever if I wasn't in the habit of always uploading a batch to One Drive every few days, and I would be furious.

scipio24
04-27-2017, 07:23 PM

I'm only not mad because mine are all safe. My One Drive clips are all still there, strange you lost some of those, that should be seperate from anything done on your Console or to your Console by Ubisoft or Microsoft.

It is outrageous that many people will have lost dozens if not hundreds of clips without warning if they just had them sitting on Xbox Live on their Console. Some of my best For Honor moments would be gone forever if I wasn't in the habit of always uploading a batch to One Drive every few days, and I would be furious.

So I just got off with Xbox livechat support. I've tried to upload the screenshot to the message but it keeps redirecting me to a different thing so I'll just transcribe.

MICROSOFT SUPPORT - "It look(s) like when Ubisoft made these changes it affected your recordings, maybe they have a way of retrieving those recordings for you."

ME - "I contacted Ubisoft - they said Microsoft didn't coordinate disabling of DVR."

MICROSOFT SUPPORT - "I am not sure about the agreement between the two companies, but the bottom line is that you have missing recordings that NEITHER COMPANY can retrieve."

And Then...

MICROSOFT SUPPORT - "If anyone can retrieve the recordings it would be UBISOFT because it is coming from THEIR SERVERS"