PDA

View Full Version : 1.06 First Report

kweassa1917
04-26-2017, 02:00 PM
News#1

Shug Oni Charge... is indeed overnerfed.

Doesn't do anything, just rattles and shakes the opponent a bit.

-- Stay tuned for more news --

kweassa1917
04-26-2017, 02:15 PM
News#2

Congratulations to Lawbringers.

Only class in game now that has guaranteed punishment on ALL blocks

FootlessRhino
04-26-2017, 02:20 PM
News#2

wait, I thought they said that you'll be able to dodge light after shove

kweassa1917
04-26-2017, 02:22 PM
News#3

Peacekeeper increased recovery on lights... subtle changes.

Might notice considerable difference at higher skill

kweassa1917
04-26-2017, 02:29 PM
wait, I thought they said that you'll be able to dodge light after shove

I wouldn't count on it... it's on the level where even BOTs fail 7~8 times out of 10.

Infidel.Castro
04-26-2017, 02:33 PM
News#1

Nice to have some good news now and then. Awesome change :)

kweassa1917
04-26-2017, 02:36 PM
News#4

Warden... really, really subtle..

Might notice considerable difference at higher skill. Short GB cancels still feel the same, but with a bit longer charge up, definitely no GB cancel possible -- supports theoretical counter of readying for immediate GB on visual queue, and then instinctively going into side dodge when that time passes... but more testing from experienced Wardens needed.

kweassa1917
04-26-2017, 02:38 PM
Nice to have some good news now and then. Awesome change :)

I think about the only use I see for it is a escape tool ... like, uh oh.. lotsa baddies.. turn around... CHAAAAAAARGE!

Prophit618
04-26-2017, 02:40 PM
Is there a link to the patch notes anywhere? The closest I've been able to find is an announcement from Ubi that it didn't drop yesterday, but haven't been able to find a list of what's supposed to be patched.

kweassa1917
04-26-2017, 02:47 PM
News#5

Orochi Hurricane Blast... holy shi*

Holy shi*, I'm never using a heavy on an Orochi ever again

kweassa1917
04-26-2017, 02:48 PM
Is there a link to the patch notes anywhere? The closest I've been able to find is an announcement from Ubi that it didn't drop yesterday, but haven't been able to find a list of what's supposed to be patched.

Here ya go.

https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-289202-16/

Prophit618
04-26-2017, 03:06 PM
Here ya go.

https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-289202-16/

Well I feel silly for not checking there. Thanks for enabling my early morning laziness Kweassa!

kweassa1917
04-26-2017, 03:21 PM
News#6

Final report: 13 matches, 0 discos

Saw a lot of unstable/ragequitters get dumped, but match didn't crash and persisted -- which, in prior versions I'm pretty sure would have led to at least 2~3 matches going belly up and being dumped to lobby screen

Netcode_err_404
04-26-2017, 04:26 PM
News#2

They really did it ? Well, speaking about methods to kill the turtling meta LOL

DrExtrem
04-26-2017, 04:39 PM
News#5

Orochi Hurricane Blast... holy shi*

Holy shi*, I'm never using a heavy on an Orochi ever again

What did you expect?

A high damaging deflect move that is uninterruptible, unblockable and unparryable.

What could possibly go wrong?

FootlessRhino
04-26-2017, 04:43 PM
What did you expect?

A high damaging deflect move that is uninterruptible, unblockable and unparryable.

What could possibly go wrong?

you can't block or parry any deflect moves bruf. not sure about interruptions on PK's deflect but you definitely can't interrupt Zerkers GB on a plate and Valks shoulder PIN as well.

Harry_S._Houle
04-26-2017, 04:45 PM
you can block valk shoulder pin

Dizzy4213
04-26-2017, 04:47 PM
you can block valk shoulder pin

That's always been like that, and Ubisoft for whatever reason, has yet to decide to fix it. You can't block Orochi's heavy deflect though.

Mudflaaaps
04-26-2017, 04:48 PM
Erm you can block the orochis light deflect move, very easily. Or failing that, any character with a fast light attack or super armor (zerks mainly) they can interrupt the second hit. Both of orochis deflects should be uninterruptable.

DrExtrem
04-26-2017, 05:15 PM
You can parry the wardens crushing counter as well. Hard but possible.

Arkhos1988
04-26-2017, 05:20 PM
I try every new patch a few games, and as allwys its gb festival with shieldbash against walls and of cliffs, not even to mention how **** the connection is.
Sry but to fix this all this game needs a major patch, and since that's not gona happen, this game will keep dieing if it is not already dead.

xAnaToMx
04-26-2017, 05:29 PM
I try every new patch a few games, and as allwys its gb festival with shieldbash against walls and of cliffs, not even to mention how **** the connection is.
Sry but to fix this all this game needs a major patch, and since that's not gona happen, this game will keep dieing if it is not already dead.

Welcome to the party, Sometimes it's sad seeing 3 people attacking you and all 3 of them spamming GB looking like the move is going out of style...Grab a cup and ssip on a Koolaid dude...it's not going to change unless they put in a system that makes you immune to GB after multiple attempts have been made...That would honestly help to have a bit of of fun instead of the entire cheese saga of GB and nothing. I honestly don't even feel like playing the game after being constantly ***-railed each match.

kanuzira
04-26-2017, 05:36 PM
They really did it ? Well, speaking about methods to kill the turtling meta LOL

LB is not a great turtler, his change of guard is to slow to do it good (have no problem doing it with warden)

THWLR14
04-26-2017, 06:01 PM
News#1

If one goes by the explanation to its "adjustment" it should Stagger; in other words cause a recovery delay similar to parry counter which would leave your opponent(s) vulnerable to All Attacks or GBs.

Which it does.

Developer comments: Watching Shugoki play Duels out of lock in order to knock down their enemy and get a free heavy is not really fun. By removing the knock down on contact, we want to maintain Charge of the Oniís core function as a disruption move while neutralizing exploits in 1v1 situations.

Bob__Gnarly
04-27-2017, 01:29 AM
If one goes by the explanation to its "adjustment" it should Stagger; in other words cause a recovery delay similar to parry counter which would leave your opponent(s) vulnerable to All Attacks or GBs.

Which it does.

I assume you'd still be able to oni charge people off ledges/bridges too?