PDA

View Full Version : Anything to be done about Griefing?

Smithersss27
04-26-2017, 11:53 AM
So loaded up the game today and came across a PK spamming lights (typical). I learn his patterns and start parrying his lights and from then on was plain sailing. Soon after I get non stop **** in chat about how I MUST be cheating and using an auto block/parry cheat. I relish in it at first as it seems like a typical PK being salty but then things start escalating super quick. The filth spewing from the keyboard warrior is just awful and all that I can do is report him for griefing. Not to give out any sob stories but when I receive messages like "Get cancer and die" it is not an easy thing to take on the chin when I have had personal experience in the matter.
I just wanted to play casually and enjoy the game despite it's rather obvious flaws but when there are toxic players like above it sucks all enjoyment out of it.

Are UBI actually going to do anything about this or is it another thing they will choose to ignore?

CoyoteXStarrk
04-26-2017, 12:00 PM
Welcome to online gaming.

Enjoy your stay.

(If you expect every single person who griefs you to get punishment then you are woefully mistaken lol)

Smithersss27
04-26-2017, 12:04 PM
I know that and understand the fact that it's a grey area when it comes to dealing with it but surely when the line has been well and truly crossed something should be done? Or do you think everyone has free reign to say what they want to anyone regardless?

CoyoteXStarrk
04-26-2017, 12:07 PM
I know that and understand the fact that it's a grey area when it comes to dealing with it but surely when the line has been well and truly crossed something should be done? Or do you think everyone has free reign to say what they want to anyone regardless?

There is, but the fact is the line doesn't matter.

99.9% of all griefers and morons will get off on the stupid stuff they do and say.

Its been that way since online gaming was invented and it will ALWAYS be that way. Nothing we can do about it.

The sheer number or children, idiots, morons, trolls and ragers makes it near impossible to accurately identify and punish griefers on a regular basis. No time would be left to address the game itself.

Charmzzz
04-26-2017, 12:09 PM
So how do you know that nothing is done about it? Do you track if the person you reported gets a Timeban?

I don't want to say that Ubi does something, because I don't know. But you can't know either. When there is a Report-Function in place my bet is that if a player gets reported x times someone will look at his chat protocol and voila - ban him.

Smithersss27
04-26-2017, 12:36 PM
You're right Charmzzz I don't know if UBI will do anything but they never communicate with us to say people are being banned for x, y or z reasons. Other games have had their devs come out and say people doing this exploit or using certain language will receive warnings then a ban or punishment of some kind. It just seems like we press a button that has no real purpose because we simply don't know if UBI are doing anything about it. I'm not calling for all people who say abusive stuff online to be punished but there, in my opinion, should be clear ground so people know that if they cross the line then they should expect retrospective action. I mean if UBI actually came out and said in a post or anything at all that they do take action and actually have banned people because of what they have said or done then that would be enough for me.

Mia.Nora
04-26-2017, 01:08 PM
For that reason I turned off all chat off from interface, so all I see is those green "Good Game" etc.

It is sad, sometimes I want to say something nice to my opponent after a good match; but since I turned it off from menu I cant make exception during game.

Draghmar
04-26-2017, 01:20 PM
I'm 'lucky' because the most I was insulted was by calling me 'PING'. ;)

I just don't care about people problems with their inner-self. Sometimes things that they say are even funny even though I know that they are serious. :P

Lumina-US
04-26-2017, 02:20 PM
So loaded up the game today and came across a PK spamming lights (typical). I learn his patterns and start parrying his lights and from then on was plain sailing. Soon after I get non stop **** in chat about how I MUST be cheating and using an auto block/parry cheat. I relish in it at first as it seems like a typical PK being salty but then things start escalating super quick. The filth spewing from the keyboard warrior is just awful and all that I can do is report him for griefing. Not to give out any sob stories but when I receive messages like "Get cancer and die" it is not an easy thing to take on the chin when I have had personal experience in the matter.
I just wanted to play casually and enjoy the game despite it's rather obvious flaws but when there are toxic players like above it sucks all enjoyment out of it.

Are UBI actually going to do anything about this or is it another thing they will choose to ignore?And this is why i picked up the game on Console and will do everything in my power and beyond, to prevent free text chat coming to either PS4 or XBOX ONE.

All you would have gotten there (so far) is a couple of:

Wow!
Wow!
Wow!
Please wait 5.0 seconds.

LEAFS1212
04-26-2017, 02:31 PM
dont leave your safe space, ever!