PDA

View Full Version : pro-tip for pc players who want to make the game more enjoyable

Ex__Machina
04-26-2017, 07:30 AM
Chat mute every player before you choose your hero. It's done wonders for my gaming experience.

Anevian-
04-26-2017, 10:16 AM
Chat mute every player before you choose your hero. It's done wonders for my gaming experience.

Terrible idea!! If I mute them, I can't enjoy the salt.

But I like salt

mmmmmmmm salt

Joking aside I can understand where you're coming from, especially in 4v4 modes.

Charmzzz
04-26-2017, 10:19 AM
I like the Chat. I really enjoy it when the Headbutt spamming Warlord loses to my PK (using whole Moveset, Parry, Deflect, Sidestep into Heavy - Light) starts crying over "Only Light Spam PK! No Skill!". Salty, tasty tears.

Ex__Machina
04-26-2017, 11:12 AM
i'd be lying if i were to say it wasn't funny when people get salty because i used a combination of skill and BRAINS to make a situation more favorable. however it's the principle for me. the idea of someone using anonymity to say things they'd never have the courage to express through any medium besides a monitor? iono it just irks me

and believe me, asking people hiding behind their screen to show some restraint and remain civil is a practice in futility. i actually think it's worst if the person lacks the courage to confront people in real life. they feel the need to make up for it or something

so for me, muting everyone is a great solution

Gray360UK
04-26-2017, 11:38 AM

I'm with you. I'm on Console now, but I spent 4 years in World of Warcraft on PC where General / World chat was notoriously toxic. I used to spend a lot of my time standing up to abusive people and trolls, but it puts you into a negative mindspace and impacts your game and your mood in ways you don't even realise until you start blocking people, and suddenly a dark cloud is lifted, the game becomes more enjoyable, the only fighting you do is with your character, and everything is generally more pleasant.

ViciousOphidian
04-26-2017, 11:40 AM

People you play with use the chat? It's radio silence in my games. I usually spam some "funny" **** in the chat so i can feel like im in a multiplayer game and not a Bot game.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-26-2017, 11:44 AM
This right here is why free chat should not EVER be implemented on consoles.

If I wanted to hear some scub 13yr old kid talking smack about my sexuality and my mom I would play CoD like the other morons.

And I emphasized that word.

M.O.R.O.N.S.

Because no other intellectual human being would ever subject themselves to such trash