PDA

View Full Version : Hey Ubi I am not one for asking for handouts and I am also a Viking player, but......

CoyoteXStarrk
04-26-2017, 05:59 AM
I would not be against EVERYONE being given access to the various headgears as compensation for sticking with the game despite all its issues regarding stability and other various bugs.

Yeah we won and its fun to brag about winning etc etc, but when it comes down to it we were all part of the first season win or lose and given the stability issues and other things the whole playerbase should be rewarded for sticking around.

I mean we will still know who was apart of the winning team this season due to the Outlines that we got (Gold, Sliver and Bronze)

But to deny the ornament content to other players who almost fought just as hard all season and in some cases even HARDER because some Vikings (Like me) were carried to victory. All factions fought on and stayed despite all the stability issues and all the balancing issues and to deny the Samurai and Knights that content just because their numbers weren't good enough is kinda harsh. Especially considering how many players walked away due to those facts.

To sit there and say "You didn't fight HARD ENOUGH" or that they didn't "Put in the time" is a bit ridiculous when you yourselves have said the game stability is broken and needs to be addressed.

And I am willing to bet I am not the only Viking player to feel this way. Just my two cents.

EDIT: I never said give them to them for FREE. I only said give them ACCESS to them. I am totally fine with them pay some steel to get the ones they want.

Gleebs
04-26-2017, 06:01 AM
I definitely want my rewards as a Viking player, but don't think everyone should get them for free... maybe let them pay a large amount of steel for them.

If this was based on assets deployed and timed played, I think the community will be outraged- especially Viking players. Would love to get my rewards for being on Vikings since I started playing.

DrExtrem
04-26-2017, 06:02 AM
That will not be a problem for season two ...

CoyoteXStarrk
04-26-2017, 06:04 AM
I definitely want my rewards as a Viking player, but don't think everyone should get them for free... maybe let them pay a large amount of steel for them.

If this was based on assets deployed and timed played, I think the community will be outraged- especially Viking players. Would love to get my rewards for being on Vikings since I started playing.

Yeah but they played just as long as we did. Their numbers just weren't as good.

We won and everyone knows that.

And while I am among the Vikings who haven't recieved my rewards yet when I DO recieve them I am gonna feel a bit bad that I got access to all of that while there are Knights and Samurai who put in WAAAAAAY more time and effort than I did and yet still didn't get it.

And as I said withholding that content while the game is still riddled with bugs and stability issues is pretty ridiculous and crappy on their part.

That_guy44
04-26-2017, 06:04 AM
There are no participation trophies around here. The knights have been slacking all 5 rounds. They even blew a late lead. You should make em pay steel for it. Not give it for free.

pancakerz
04-26-2017, 06:06 AM
Eh, it's a neat little prize to make the game and the players more unique. I fight for the samurai, and I'm perfectly fine with the prizes being limited to one faction. It's not the end of the world if someone else has a cooler hat on their character than the one on my own character.

CoyoteXStarrk
There are no participation trophies around here. The knights have been slacking all 5 rounds. They even blew a late lead. You should make em pay steel for it. Not give it for free.

I am fine with having them pay for it so long as its not a ludicrous amount. Just so long as they have access to it.

That could be the Vikings reward. We got it all for free. They have access but it costs say 1k-2k steel.

Gleebs
Better yet, put the ornaments behind a rep level gate to make those factions play more and hopefully pull ahead next season.

Darkeater.Midir
04-26-2017, 06:07 AM
Definitely agree. As a Viking, the rewards should have been handled as follows: If you are a Viking, they're free. If you're not, Steel required.

Don't exclude people from Rewards. It's not fair. Steel is already hard enough for some folk.

Oh, well. I may as well be a Knight or Samurai at this point. I've been Viking since round 1 and only received 3 boxes LUL.

Infidel.Castro
04-26-2017, 06:07 AM
Nah, keep the rewards exclusive, otherwise it just makes the whole faction war a bit pointless. There are plenty of other ways to compensate people for disconnects and such.

CaptainPwnet
04-26-2017, 06:16 AM
Everyone probably also forgets that round 3 or 4 that samurai won a lot of people were screwed out of the rewards so they put in an event for 3 crates for everyone as compensation. So everyone got samurai's first place reward in addition to their own reward if they had received it. Meaning Anyone who wasn't in a samurai faction and got the round reward actually got a better reward than many samurai players lol.

TBH after the many issues this game, and with how horribly unbalanced and poorly thought out the faction war was for season 1 they would probably be best off to just bite the bullet and give everyone this seasons rewards as a thank you for putting up with all this games BS. Then next season hopefully they can come up with something more balanced and meaningful for the faction war.

xAnaToMx
04-26-2017, 06:23 AM
I would not be against EVERYONE being given access to the various headgears as compensation for sticking with the game despite all its issues regarding stability and other various bugs.

Yeah we won and its fun to brag about winning etc etc, but when it comes down to it we were all part of the first season win or lose and given the stability issues and other things the whole playerbase should be rewarded for sticking around.

I mean we will still know who was apart of the winning team this season due to the Outlines that we got (Gold, Sliver and Bronze)

But to deny the ornament content to other players who almost fought just as hard all season and in some cases even HARDER because some Vikings (Like me) were carried to victory. All factions fought on and stayed despite all the stability issues and all the balancing issues and to deny the Samurai and Knights that content just because their numbers weren't good enough is kinda harsh. Especially considering how many players walked away due to those facts.

To sit there and say "You didn't fight HARD ENOUGH" or that they didn't "Put in the time" is a bit ridiculous when you yourselves have said the game stability is broken and needs to be addressed.

And I am willing to bet I am not the only Viking player to feel this way. Just my two cents.

EDIT: I never said give them to them for FREE. I only said give them ACCESS to them. I am totally fine with them pay some steel to get the ones they want.

Do you realized that some players from Viking faction lost tons of sleep to achieve this. If you going to give away same bloody reward for winning the season might as well not have the faction war. What's the point to put in effort if everyone else will win same stuff? If anyone should received anything is Knights for throwing in the tie and putting a really amazing fight. It's easy to be said by you when you stating you were carried..that means you don;t really care....Why even listen to someone that did not bother to put in the work and effort.

CaptainPwnet
04-26-2017, 06:32 AM
Do you realized that some players from Viking faction lost tons of sleep to achieve this. If you going to give away same bloody reward for winning the season might as well not have the faction war. What's the point to put in effort if everyone else will win same stuff? If anyone should received anything is Knights for throwing in the tie and putting a really amazing fight. It's easy to be said by you when you stating you were carried..that means you don;t really care....Why even listen to someone that did not bother to put in the work and effort.

Entirely their choice and also could probably say the exact same thing for the samurai. But regardless the fact that you have to do something like that, or that doing that is what it takes to win the war shows something is very wrong with the system itself. Having only the final day matter at all for the entirety of the 2 week round is completely ridiculous.

That's also not mentioning the fact that having 3 factions in such a system is even more unbalanced. It's been pretty clear that knights and vikings gang up on the samurai at every turn. It's inevitable that one faction will get the short end. It may not even be intentionally done, but that's just how it is.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-26-2017, 06:39 AM

How does that mean "I don't really care?

That makes no sense.

Father_Giliam
04-26-2017, 07:39 AM
rounds should be weighted by TOTAL assets sent during all 15 days... Season should be TOTAL assets through all rounds. not the last bit of territories...

Still would be incredibly imbalanced, even more so than it is now. Would just come down to which faction has the most active playerbase, which would continually get worse as people switch to the winning side (which is a problem in the current iteration aswell). Also it would make the map entirely pointless. As it stands now the WotF is mostly down to which faction happened to lose territories at the right time right before the end of a round, with a higher population making it easier to use the "loser" bonus.

They could have assets earned per match be based on the population of the Faction the player is in or reward players for joining the lower population Factions with steel and/or xp multipliers.

Lumina-US
04-26-2017, 08:19 AM
There are no participation trophies around here. The knights have been slacking all 5 rounds. They even blew a late lead. You should make em pay steel for it. Not give it for free.We haven't been slacking pal, i myself deployed 610 assest on each side - 610 on offense, same amount on defense - we as EU players just do not have the time zone in our favor, so the whole meta game was rigged from the very start.

Hard to win the last round when almost every Knight is in the bed, by the time rounds come to a close - but yeah, we've all been slacking ofc.

Enjoy your rewards greedhead, i hope you choke on them...

Draghmar
04-26-2017, 08:22 AM
Although I think FW is badly designed because of timezones I overall don't it's a good idea to release prizes to all. That would remove their uniqueness from them. And I'm saying as a Samurai so I didn't get ornaments...but to be completely fair - I don't like to much those ornaments and I like silver outline more then gold. ;)

Jobsalot
04-26-2017, 08:30 AM
I am against it. A victory is a victory, you cannot blame the player base for how imbalanced and broken the faction war actually is and it is not like the vikings and samurai just sat on their asses and had these rounds handed to them. They still played the game and even if you don't place assets strategically, you deploy them by default one way or another.

It would entirely tarnish the victory and render any placement system absurd if stuff that was saved for the victors and runner ups only suddenly became available to everyone. I rather wanna feel like a proud loser than than a cheap winner. This entire attitude of being rewarded for everything in some sort of valuables is ridiculous to me. Learn to bear a loss, it's not like knights went home emptyhanded.

Where is the lesson, where is the incentive to try harder next time if we get the spoils of victory eventually anyway?

Lumina-US
04-26-2017, 08:33 AM
Although I think FW is badly designed because of timezones I overall don't it's a good idea to release prizes to all. That would remove their uniqueness from them. And I'm saying as a Samurai so I didn't get ornaments...but to be completely fair - I don't like to much those ornaments and I like silver outline more then gold. ;)To be darn honest, EVERYBODY here, regardless of what faction, should get all the rewards alone, for sticking with this game as it stands, with all the ever-ongoing connection-struggles and such.

3 days of CS and 2000 Steel, don't make up for such sh1te!

Draghmar
04-26-2017, 09:03 AM
To be darn honest, EVERYBODY here, regardless of what faction, should get all the rewards alone, for sticking with this game as it stands, with all the ever-ongoing connection-struggles and such.

3 days of CS and 2000 Steel, don't make up for such sh1te!
I do remember playing For Honor fo the last months which I consider goal itself. Anything beyond core gameplay is just a bonus. But that's me. I bought this game to swing sword (and ended up swinging naginata instead ;)) and I didn't even knew that there will be so many ornaments and other stuff. The game itself isn't a job or something.

Randy_Kamikaze
04-26-2017, 09:03 AM
I agree as long as the Faction War stays as pointless as it is right now. Right now, because of the laughably short turns and enourmous asset boosts the loosers get, a round is essentially just a game of roulette. The lead is traded between each faction in turn, and the one who leads when the roulette stops spinning wins the round. The one who wins the most out of 5 roulette spins wins.

It's zero skill, zero strategy zero player input. Just pure dumb luck. And as long as that is the case the rewards should be open. Faction War should be about the better team winning. And when that is the case, they should be rewarded for simply beeing better. But right now, winning or loosing is solely about luck. And beeing rewarded for simply beeing luckier than the other players feels wrong.

Gray360UK
04-26-2017, 09:44 AM
I'm torn on this one. I don't think it's right to meet people on the battlefield wearing the Ornament of a Season Winner when they didn't win the season. It's a prestige status symbol that means something significant, and I think the whole point behind it would be undermined and the Ornaments would be devalued if everyone had them.

However it is true that many of us, myself definitely included, fought hard and stuck with this game through thick and thin. I haven't been onto For Honor yet since the Season ended but I'm interested to see my total Season contribution. I know it's going to be big. In the end that feels pointless as a Knight.

Whatever happens, Coyote, I really admire you for posting this.

/salute

Herbstlicht
04-26-2017, 09:56 AM
Hm, as said somewhere else already, don't care about those rewards too much. But exclusivity: well, the outlines are a no-brainer. The Ornaments, i guess kinda too. As long as you only won 1 season, keep them exclusive. When Vikings win all rounds from here on, well, you can make the old ones buyable for those that would really love the designs but won't jump on the Viking train. Btw - take care this doesn't happen ^^ I mean: maybe the Vikings would like total domination in this game. But i even enjoyed this loss because it was close. Boring wars in games .. bah, don't want to imagine those.

Elzziwelzzif
04-26-2017, 10:05 AM
Not really sure how to think about this.
Rewards should be based on contribution, not on pure luck.

Some choose knights, some vikings and some samurai.
Knights won zero rounds.
Samurai 2 and Vikings 3.

Among those fighting you have knights who may have reached Max level on multiple heroes (figure of speech to show the amount they fought), which are being told they contributed nothing, and Vikings who bought the game yesterday, joined Vikings and now get showered in gifts.

I think the rewards should be available for everyone, though for free (or with a huge discount) for the season winners.

If we want a the ornament, or something else which will be rewarded, we would buy it anyway.
Just immagine. You lose this round, when the symbol of total awesomeness is rewarded to the winners, and you win next round, when the reward will be a wobbly floppy dinggus for your helmet.

How screwed would you feel?

Knight_Gregor
04-26-2017, 04:59 PM
You truly are an odd one, CS...

I would rather be given something after it was earned. However, I appreciate the sentiment.

https://mirmillon.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/kneeling_knight_colored_by_sebadorn.jpg

On a side note - TAKE NOTE UBI: We knights need plumes! Glorious plumes!

SlashingElbow
04-26-2017, 05:05 PM
Lol people got to learn how to take a loss. This is a damn warrior game. Ppl dont get trophys for losing here. U get death, U cry u cry. Soft social justice warriors nowadays smh

Prophit618
04-26-2017, 05:12 PM
I'm torn on this one. I don't think it's right to meet people on the battlefield wearing the Ornament of a Season Winner when they didn't win the season. It's a prestige status symbol that means something significant, and I think the whole point behind it would be undermined and the Ornaments would be devalued if everyone had them.

However it is true that many of us, myself definitely included, fought hard and stuck with this game through thick and thin. I haven't been onto For Honor yet since the Season ended but I'm interested to see my total Season contribution. I know it's going to be big. In the end that feels pointless as a Knight.

Whatever happens, Coyote, I really admire you for posting this.

/salute

Agreed.

I am wholly opposed to the idea of making the reward ornaments purchasable. They were earned (or sometimes carried, whatever, you were still playing games and deploying assets, just not targetted ones), and should remain exclusive to those who earned them.

I do like the idea of maybe making a new ornament or something available for steel purchase and exclusive to those of us first season players. That would be nice.

I'd also love to have significantly more info about the season made available. I'm a bit of a statistics-obsessed type though.

xAnaToMx
04-26-2017, 05:42 PM
Entirely their choice and also could probably say the exact same thing for the samurai. But regardless the fact that you have to do something like that, or that doing that is what it takes to win the war shows something is very wrong with the system itself. Having only the final day matter at all for the entirety of the 2 week round is completely ridiculous.

That's also not mentioning the fact that having 3 factions in such a system is even more unbalanced. It's been pretty clear that knights and vikings gang up on the samurai at every turn. It's inevitable that one faction will get the short end. It may not even be intentionally done, but that's just how it is.

It goes vice versa, I seen knights ganking vikings with bamboo eaters. But one thing i will agree that if one day from entire round matters to win then that is wrong. I was convinced they were looking at assets deployed from the whole round.

Flello
04-26-2017, 08:11 PM
I posted this in another thread but I'll say it here. As much as the faction war is broken, you can keep it as it is and still be fair on the rewards.

The winning faction of the season still receives the fancy gold boarder/outline, some boxes and whatever. But have a separate reward for the players that reach certain milestones in asset contribution.

Of course I feel slightly bummed about not winning, but what gets to me more is that I've put days worth of play time into this and deployed literally millions of war assets only to receive the same or even less of a reward than someone who played the game for half hour.

I believe this would be the best and the most fair in terms of rewarding players. The faction war is still there, people are still rewarded for winning, but players like myself who have made massive contributions will still benefit over players that have done a lot less.

Gray360UK
04-26-2017, 08:16 PM
I posted this in another thread but I'll say it here. As much as the faction war is broken, you can keep it as it is and still be fair on the rewards.

The winning faction of the season still receives the fancy gold boarder/outline, some boxes and whatever. But have a separate reward for the players that reach certain milestones in asset contribution.

Of course I feel slightly bummed about not winning, but what gets to me more is that I've put days worth of play time into this and deployed literally millions of war assets only to receive the same or even less of a reward than someone who played the game for half hour.

I believe this would be the best and the most fair in terms of rewarding players. The faction war is still there, people are still rewarded for winning, but players like myself who have made massive contributions will still benefit over players that have done a lot less.

The game doesn't even recognise my contribution. I deployed millions of assets too, manually, and got the achievement for manual deployment in 50 turns ... and the end of season screen today tells me I have manually deployed 12 times ... for the entire season. I have deployed 12 times in a day for Gods sake.

Pope138
04-26-2017, 08:19 PM
Some compensation for playing this game in the horrible state it's in would be cool, but I don't think we need to devalue FW by making the rewards available to all. Might as well just get rid of FW all together.

Flello
04-26-2017, 08:29 PM
The game doesn't even recognise my contribution. I deployed millions of assets too, manually, and got the achievement for manual deployment in 50 turns ... and the end of season screen today tells me I have manually deployed 12 times ... for the entire season. I have deployed 12 times in a day for Gods sake.

Well it looks as if there's no hope for anyone if they can't even reliably track an individuals stats. Guess they think it makes it much more exciting, which players are going to get screwed next? The losers? Or the actual people that legitimately earned the rewards? Or just maybe everyone, like usual.

Reign
04-26-2017, 08:32 PM
All these threads about an ornament, which will be promptly be replaced later on by something else? It's not like we have an emblem shortage. Hell I'm pretty sure Ubi has spent more time releasing emblems than actually fixing the core game connection issues. Some people got it, some didn't in the end it means absolutely nothing no matter whose side you were on.

iiRAINBOW_DASH
04-26-2017, 08:35 PM
Ornaments are unique. They can't be replaced. Let me have the option to buy it with steel for being second place weeb faction. I have 42 rep and 21 days of playing time

thornh
04-26-2017, 09:26 PM
Scores are kept for a damn reason. So, using sport as an example, say you are on a hockey team and you grind through a difficult 82 game season to make the playoffs. You win every playoff series but they all go seven games including multiple overtime games. You make it to the finals and face another team who has had a very similar year and playoff run. The series goes to overtime in game seven. The whole team pulls together and goes above and beyond their capabilities to stay in the game. Finally, when all seems lost, your team sees an opening and storms down the ice. The winning goal is scored and your team finally gets to raise the Stanley Cup. One team has achieved the ultimate glory and their names will be forever engraved on the Cup. The other team has worked just as hard, played just as hard. But they didn't win. They will have to deal with agony of knowing they made it so close, so very close to their dream. They will have to cope with the loss and come back next season and start all over again. That's just how it works.
Now, I'm certainly not trying to compare winning Faction War and a few ornaments to winning the Stanley Cup but the basic idea is still the same. We all got to choose a team and fight for that team. We all knew in the beginning there was going to be one winner. The whole season came down to the very last few minutes after 10 weeks of fighting. Everyone fought hard in all factions. The Vikings won. They got the reward. The season is over.

kabal_ua
04-26-2017, 09:56 PM
Yeah, a saw some super great staff for Samurais, for Shugoki especially, and they will never get it :( Saldy for them...
I think that UBI must atleast add options to buy it for other factions.

Lumina-US
04-26-2017, 10:02 PM
Scores are kept for a damn reason. So, using sport as an example, say you are on a hockey team and you grind through a difficult 82 game season to make the playoffs. You win every playoff series but they all go seven games including multiple overtime games. You make it to the finals and face another team who has had a very similar year and playoff run. The series goes to overtime in game seven. The whole team pulls together and goes above and beyond their capabilities to stay in the game. Finally, when all seems lost, your team sees an opening and storms down the ice. The winning goal is scored and your team finally gets to raise the Stanley Cup. One team has achieved the ultimate glory and their names will be forever engraved on the Cup. The other team has worked just as hard, played just as hard. But they didn't win. They will have to deal with agony of knowing they made it so close, so very close to their dream. They will have to cope with the loss and come back next season and start all over again. That's just how it works.
Now, I'm certainly not trying to compare winning Faction War and a few ornaments to winning the Stanley Cup but the basic idea is still the same. We all got to choose a team and fight for that team. We all knew in the beginning there was going to be one winner. The whole season came down to the very last few minutes after 10 weeks of fighting. Everyone fought hard in all factions. The Vikings won. They got the reward. The season is over.Fine thought, but Hockey-teams don't disconnect from their games +20 times a day and unlike the current faction war-system, all teams in hockey have an equal chance of winning, while that's clearly not the case if you're an EU-based player in For Honor - we all know when the final rounds conclude...

So alone for that, EVERYBODY that stuck with this pile of *insert uber curse here*, day in day out, should get rewarded equally.

Flello
04-26-2017, 10:04 PM
Now, I'm certainly not trying to compare winning Faction War and a few ornaments to winning the Stanley Cup but the basic idea is still the same. We all got to choose a team and fight for that team. We all knew in the beginning there was going to be one winner. The whole season came down to the very last few minutes after 10 weeks of fighting. Everyone fought hard in all factions. The Vikings won. They got the reward. The season is over.

You're pretty much making a comparison otherwise you wouldn't have typed all of that. Regardless if it is or isn't, the reason people feel cheated is because the faction war is a flawed system.

But since you related it to sports, I'd just like to throw in that there are individual rewards and achievements for players in football, real football, not American. In the the premier league individual players are awarded the golden boot for being top scorers, and a golden glove for most clean sheets.

It's a poor comparison anyway so no need to get into it. As I said the reason people are upset is because the system is flawed. It's almost based on luck.

Lumina-US
04-26-2017, 10:13 PM
It's almost based on luck.Not almost, at this point, IT IS ONLY based on pure luck.

Personal overall-assets spent, don't seems to mean sh1te.

I spent over 1200 assets all season, some people even more, yet we couldn't even win one round.

hallower1980
04-26-2017, 10:59 PM
I'm confused. This article (https://pvplive.net/c/for-honor-all-the-exclusive-season-one-winner-ornaments) claims to show reward ornaments for every faction. But only Vikings (the Faction War winners) receive the ornaments, right? So what is the point of revealing the Knight and Samurai ornaments if they will never be accessible? Where did the screenshots of those ornaments come from if nobody was awarded them and the official For Honor community page (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/index.aspx) doesn't show them?

I was a Knight from the beginning and probably played more than most throughout the season. By the end of the second round, I assumed Knights would never win a round. Without an equal number of players with equal playtime for each faction, victory and loss boils down programmed handicaps independent of performance. Competition that relies more on figuring than performance isn't much of a competition. I will probably ignore the Faction War from here on and just enjoy individual battles. That's a shame because I recommended a war strategy layer in beta long before the Faction War was announced, having enjoyed Galactic Conquest mode in Star Wars: Battlefront and War of the Ring mode in Battle For Middle Earth 2. So the general idea is something I looked forward to.

Anyway, Vikings should receive exclusive rewards for winning the season.

Kaotic_CipherTV
04-26-2017, 11:50 PM
I'm confused. This article (https://pvplive.net/c/for-honor-all-the-exclusive-season-one-winner-ornaments) claims to show reward ornaments for every faction. But only Vikings (the Faction War winners) receive the ornaments, right? So what is the point of revealing the Knight and Samurai ornaments if they will never be accessible? Where did the screenshots of those ornaments come from if nobody was awarded them and the official For Honor community page (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/index.aspx) doesn't show them?

I was a Knight from the beginning and probably played more than most throughout the season. By the end of the second round, I assumed Knights would never win a round. Without an equal number of players with equal playtime for each faction, victory and loss boils down programmed handicaps independent of performance. Competition that relies more on figuring than performance isn't much of a competition. I will probably ignore the Faction War from here on and just enjoy individual battles. That's a shame because I recommended a war strategy layer in beta long before the Faction War was announced, having enjoyed Galactic Conquest mode in Star Wars: Battlefront and War of the Ring mode in Battle For Middle Earth 2. So the general idea is something I looked forward to.

Anyway, Vikings should receive exclusive rewards for winning the season.

The vikings got 1 ornament per hero. So they got 12 ornaments.

hallower1980
04-26-2017, 11:57 PM
The vikings got 1 ornament per hero. So they got 12 ornaments.

That makes sense! Thanks.

Migikage
04-27-2017, 12:04 AM
Jeez i didn't know were really debating participation trophies for a skill based game. what is the point of trying hard to win the war if everyone get the rewards anyway?:mad::mad:

Lumina-US
04-27-2017, 12:52 AM
Jeez i didn't know were really debating participation trophies for a skill based game. what is the point of trying hard to win the war if everyone get the rewards anyway?:mad::mad:So all Samurai and Knights who spent thousands and thousands of assets individually, probably twice the amount of yours and your faction combined, don't deserve anything worthwile in your opinion, but you do because you're a Viking? - now that's what i call a greedy ****head.

Pope138
04-27-2017, 03:18 PM
So all Samurai and Knights who spent thousands and thousands of assets individually, probably twice the amount of yours and your faction combined, don't deserve anything worthwile in your opinion, but you do because you're a Viking? - now that's what i call a greedy ****head.

Those are the rules. It'd be the same if your faction won. Don't be a sore loser.

Lumina-US
04-27-2017, 04:42 PM
Those are the rules. It'd be the same if your faction won. Don't be a sore loser.I'm not a sore loser at all.

However, the fact that EU based players (all of our 24/7 gaming no-lifers not taken into account) always will get the short end of the stick, because how the current round system works, is clearer as the clearest day in Clearland-town.

Has 0 to do with being a sore loser my friend. Keep the system as it is and the Knights will NEVER win a single round EVER and therfor miss out on tons of exclusives of whatever sort - so much for the rules...

SlashingElbow
04-27-2017, 04:45 PM
mmm the sweet salty tears of the losers. This makes the win so much better for the vikings haha.. Was there even any doubt about who would win? Please continue your crying. thanks!

Lumina-US
04-27-2017, 04:48 PM
mmm the sweet salty tears of the losers. This makes the win so much better for the vikings haha.. Was there even any doubt about who would win? Please continue your crying. thanks!Please continue being an ignorant idiot, that prefers to defend rigged meta games. thanks!

Plus, all i see you playing is Warden... such a great Viking you are, not even playing them.

Infidel.Castro
04-27-2017, 04:54 PM
Without an equal number of players with equal playtime for each faction, victory and loss boils down programmed handicaps independent of performance. Competition that relies more on figuring than performance isn't much of a competition. I will probably ignore the Faction War from here on and just enjoy individual battles.

Vikings had the least amount of players with 30%, Knights 31% and Samurai 39%. We won because we placed the most assets manually. Next season it might be worth reminding fellow members of your faction to place assets manually.

Wateverdude
04-27-2017, 05:22 PM
Vikings had the least amount of players with 30%, Knights 31% and Samurai 39%. We won because we placed the most assets manually. Next season it might be worth reminding fellow members of your faction to place assets manually.

It's not about deploy war asset tactically and manually, every person can do that. It's all about the amount of lands you owned in a specific time when the round ends, so if the round end when your faction have the upper hand, you win. Give the option to eliminate 1 faction from that round and I'm pretty sure with you Viking gonna be eliminate in at least 2 rounds.

Not to mention some guy in this forum post a thread to complain about he deploy ton of asset manually, and the game only count 8-12 at the end of the season, I can't find that thread but I'm pretty sure I read it 12-15~ hours ago. Ain't sure about how this bug can affect the faction war but it is worth to take a look at.

SlashingElbow
04-27-2017, 05:28 PM
Please continue being an ignorant idiot, that prefers to defend rigged meta games. thanks!

Plus, all i see you playing is Warden... such a great Viking you are, not even playing them.

Lol? I have raider reputation 7 berserker rep 6 warlord rep 6 and the warden is rep 1 lol. You are smart arent you? :)

Lmao the river of tears is almost as big as the river of blood after the battle :D

hallower1980
04-27-2017, 05:36 PM

First, it's good to hear from Ubisoft that not everything in the Faction War went as planned.

It's certainly possible that Vikings won because they placed they placed assets more wisely and performed better (on average) in matches. But it's also possible that the faction with the most players was overly disadvantaged by algorithms intended to balance the war against a population advantage; or vice versa (the smallest population had the greatest adjustment advantage). Only Ubisoft could know the truth, but I'm sure they will adjust the calculations after all they have learned from Season 1.

Infidel.Castro
04-27-2017, 05:41 PM
It's all about the amount of lands you owned in a specific time when the round ends, so if the round end when your faction have the upper hand, you win.

Really? Never knew that! /s

Lumina-US
04-27-2017, 05:49 PM
Lol? I have raider reputation 7 berserker rep 6 warlord rep 6 and the warden is rep 1 lol. You are smart arent you? :)

Lmao the river of tears is almost as big as the river of blood after the battle :DCry me a river next time i have your head in my hands and p... in the hole where it once was.

Wateverdude
04-27-2017, 05:51 PM
Really? Never knew that! /s

Don't /s the obvious sarcasm

http://conniptions.gives/

Infidel.Castro
04-27-2017, 05:53 PM
Don't /s the obvious sarcasm

Some people don't get sarcasm though, best to be sure ;)

Wateverdude
04-27-2017, 06:18 PM
Some people don't get sarcasm though, best to be sure ;)

I give you something

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1646442-Warrior-s-Den-April-27th

Knights lost the tiebreak by 2% resource allocation. Two advantages todeploying manually., you get to choose a territory, also, there is a bonus of 20% if deployed manually on the same front on which you play (where the gamemode is). Vikings per match on average generated more assets through high scores. The knights deployed manually most often. Samurai most popular faction though it is close, all in the 30% range, but there is balancing based on faction numbers.

Most often, and still haven't won a single round, strange to you?

Infidel.Castro
04-27-2017, 06:49 PM
Most often, and still haven't won a single round, strange to you?

No.

Knights lost the tiebreak by 2% resource allocation. Two advantages todeploying manually., you get to choose a territory, also, there is a bonus of 20% if deployed manually on the same front on which you play (where the gamemode is). Vikings per match on average generated more assets through high scores. The knights deployed manually most often. Samurai most popular faction though it is close, all in the 30% range, but there is balancing based on faction numbers.

Wateverdude
04-27-2017, 06:51 PM

Thiag0BR
04-27-2017, 06:55 PM
I think that it should be a second and third place prizes so everyone get something, but not the same so it don't loose the value.

ArimakoInfernua
05-01-2017, 02:56 AM
I myself didn't even participate in the war because no one in my faction fought. I tried for the start of the war. But I'd say I fought harder than many in the viking faction. To put in perspective I have found many under reps who barely know how to play get carried and easily win due to gear score giants that happen all the time. And to have fought hard and get no rewards? I realise no participation trophies. But just because no one in my faction fought as hard or harder than me I shouldn't get the gear? I realize exclusives happen. But I can't even 100% my faction let alone my own main. Every day leading up to the new characters feels like this game is dying. I have saved up so much money so I can get everything for my favorite characters. But being a completionist, I'm pretty done with the game in that aspect. I might as well go spend my thousand in Overwatch. Cause at least events repeat and you CAN get everything. I'm fine with paying steel or money to get these ornaments. And if they don't release faction ornaments to their OWN faction then they better make great ornaments in season 2 or I'm out.

ArimakoInfernua
05-01-2017, 03:00 AM
I think he means each faction at least get their own not the entire set of rewards. I as a knight don't really want the other ones besides lb. But I can't get the ornaments let alone my main. Being a completionist, in the completion aspect this game is dead to me.

GamerErrant
05-01-2017, 04:21 AM

See, this kind of thinking about season is just flat our wrong. Seasons is not ranked mode. FW is too chaotic for it to be considered a test of skill, or a true competition - it's mostly random luck. Just as it wouldn't make sense to randomize hockey playoff matches with rosters filled with pros playing alongside people who've never strapped on a pair of skates in their life - it doesn't make sense to consider the FW a skill-based competition. If you want to argue for exclusive loot for ranked mode, sure - no argument there.. in a ranked system a loss is squarely on you and your handful of teammates. However, FW is fundamentally a participation-based event and as such 'winner-takes-all' loot is completely out of place.

Seasons are to bolster participation in the game - that is the entire reason they exist. The draw to seasons is getting loot that won't always be available - but when you put in countless hours and get nothing, due pretty much exclusively to reasons outside of your control, it has the opposite effect. Why bother putting in tons of hours when it's a crap-shoot as to who wins? You can sink thousands of hours into FW and walk away with nothing, while others play a single match and get all the rewards - just because participation has no bearing on the reward. That needs to change.

As for the OP, I can agree to that in the mean-time. Make the ornaments available for purchase to the losing faction, let the Vikings have them all for free. But in the future the whole reward system needs an overhaul.

bigblackbeast72
05-01-2017, 04:26 AM
Yeah, I myself did not recieve the awards from the faction war as a Viking but I'm just going to assume that I'll eventually have the stuff. I've even opened up tickets to see if they can somehow give it like that but they just sent me here. Just hoping I'll get it someday haha.

Potatoserver825
05-01-2017, 05:27 AM
As another completionist I'm really disappointed that I'll never be able to complete a single hero let alone my main. I understand that in a multiplayer game that's constantly adding new things it's going to be practically impossible but the fact that I can't even complete 1 hero even if that's the only one I play is pretty harsh. If they continue with this system plus the additional 2 heroes then we're looking at 60 exclusive ornaments after year 1. 60 exclusive ornaments, can you imagine being on the losing faction everytime. Sure I understand no participation trophies and whatnot but making them cost steel for the losing factions would motivate them to stay active and buy them rather than being upset and not bothering with faction war next season, plus micro transactions bring in more money which helps them to be able to make more content. If you don't want to spend real money then you could grind for the steel but if people want to spend money it helps everyone out and Vikings got them for free so they should still be happy, it's a win-win solution.

Ulrichvonbek111
05-01-2017, 01:13 PM
Imagine deploying assets manually 6+ hours a day,,everyday since game's release..continually supporting your faction,,
supporting and staying faithful to the game even through all the outages and rage quits..only to recieve an outline and crates at the end of the war..
I've tried other characters but never had any of them higher rep than mains for my faction,,yet many have let's say PK as their main yet they're from another faction..
This needs to be addressed on the amount of assets recieved.
Surely Vikings fight for their own same as Samurai and knights
In the many many rounds I saw PK and Warlord just running amok as mains,,not in their faction.
Imagine,,in fact for real you had people joining the game just recently,,joined Vikings and recieved the lot..while others who fought for other factions from the outset of the game recieved what,,no recognition of loyalty to their faction throughout the war.Where's the incentive for many to even bother anymore.
Like many have said more should be available to those who stayed true and shall continue to remain so.
Those who fought constantly for 2.months solid deserve better..
Surely an ornament for headgear or a specific armour is deserving in recognition on these warriors mighty feats and tenacity. .But for one faction only to be able to have ornaments for all factions that cannot be attained through steel is wrong and a grave error on Devs behalf.
It's like a slap in the face the pitiful reward of crates and picture frame many recieved.
NOW SURELY YOU CAN DO BETTER BY BEING SINCERE AND SHOWING YOU CARE ABOUT THOSE WHO TAKE THIS GAME SERIOUSLY AND GIVE WHEN DUE A LITTLE MORE BACK TO YOUR COMMUNITY..
THANK YOU.

Potatoserver825
05-01-2017, 08:01 PM
Imagine deploying assets manually 6+ hours a day,,everyday since game's release..continually supporting your faction,,
supporting and staying faithful to the game even through all the outages and rage quits..only to recieve an outline and crates

I played almost everyday and deployed over a thousand times. Sure I know there's some people who deployed even more than that deserve them a little bit more but the fact that my effort, which is quite a bit, went unrewarded is heartbreaking. I devoted quite a lot to this game and put in a lot of work so to not even be allowed a single ornament for taking 2nd place is messed up.

Ulrichvonbek111
05-01-2017, 08:37 PM
We haven't been slacking pal, i myself deployed 610 assest on each side - 610 on offense, same amount on defense - we as EU players just do not have the time zone in our favor, so the whole meta game was rigged from the very start.

Hard to win the last round when almost every Knight is in the bed, by the time rounds come to a close - but yeah, we've all been slacking ofc.

Enjoy your rewards greedhead, i hope you choke on them...

If your tin men had fought on two fronts instead of venting your frustrations on one front that being with the Samurai then your faction may have achieved something instead of total capitulation. .
You need to fight both your foes or you can only expect utter defeat in the war,every time.
So maybe now instead of sacrificing your border folk to the VIKING hordes then you'll st and up and be counted because as you can now surely see your crusade lies in tatters..
Yes the tin men who brought all the deus vult nonsense into this war have truly fallen from the grace of their hmm God.
Laughing stock mate,,beyond all belief...
Jumping ship like drowning rats,,betraying their tin brothers and sisters for some shiny shiny gleam glittering gleam.
Many are in hiding,,growing their beards and hair long ready to proclaim themselves as Vikings. ..

My total respect to those true chivalrous knights who remain,,
Good riddance to old tin rubbish. ...

Ulrichvonbek111
05-01-2017, 08:48 PM
I played almost everyday and deployed over a thousand times. Sure I know there's some people who deployed even more than that deserve them a little bit more but the fact that my effort, which is quite a bit, went unrewarded is heartbreaking. I devoted quite a lot to this game and put in a lot of work so to not even be allowed a single ornament for taking 2nd place is messed up.

I'm Samurai too my Bushido friend.
What we got was downright shocking..
Yes there'll always be a winner in the war but we'd have thought something to show for all our efforts,,fighting everyday,,they would be more courteous in respect and recognition of a hard fought war and an ornamental headgear rewarded..
Maybe they'll sort something out...maybe.

Gray360UK
05-01-2017, 09:01 PM
If your tin men had fought on two fronts instead of venting your frustrations on one front that being with the Samurai then your faction may have achieved something instead of total capitulation. .
You need to fight both your foes or you can only expect utter defeat in the war,every time.
So maybe now instead of sacrificing your border folk to the VIKING hordes then you'll st and up and be counted because as you can now surely see your crusade lies in tatters..
Yes the tin men who brought all the deus vult nonsense into this war have truly fallen from the grace of their hmm God.
Laughing stock mate,,beyond all belief...
Jumping ship like drowning rats,,betraying their tin brothers and sisters for some shiny shiny gleam glittering gleam.
Many are in hiding,,growing their beards and hair long ready to proclaim themselves as Vikings. ..

My total respect to those true chivalrous knights who remain,,
Good riddance to old tin rubbish. ...

I've seen far more Silver 2nd place outlines surrounding Viking shaped emblems this week than I have seen Bronze ones ... just saying ;)

You have this thing against Knights, not sure why, I noticed in another thead you were mocking 2 guys who were saying they were switching factions, but you missed that they were actually Samurai switching, you said they were Knights, you were too busy hating to read properly.

Who are the biggest traitors I wonder? I'm guessing not the Knights.

I have been a loyal Knight since the closed Beta, but I have not nursed a hatred for either of the other Factions in the way you have done for the Knights. Were you abused by a Knight as a child or something? ;)

I will tell you one thing, I deployed all of my assets, and I play a hell of a lot, towards making sure the Vikings won the last round instead of the Samurai. Why? Because of all the Knight hate posts I have seen you make. Think about that. If you were a humble, honourable, proud yet civil Samurai, you would earn the respect of your enemies. But your hate campaign is bordering on childish and does you no favours. If you want to be a credit to the Samurai and their code of honour, stop gloating and baiting for reactions from Knight players.

Something to think about for Season 2 ;)

Ulrichvonbek111
05-01-2017, 09:22 PM
I've seen far more Silver 2nd place outlines surrounding Viking shaped emblems this week than I have seen Bronze ones ... just saying ;)

You have this thing against Knights, not sure why, I noticed in another thead you were mocking 2 guys who were saying they were switching factions, but you missed that they were actually Samurai switching, you said they were Knights, you were too busy hating to read properly.

Who are the biggest traitors I wonder? I'm guessing not the Knights.

I have been a loyal Knight since the closed Beta, but I have not nursed a hatred for either of the other Factions in the way you have done for the Knights. Were you abused by a Knight as a child or something? ;)

I will tell you one thing, I deployed all of my assets, and I play a hell of a lot, towards making sure the Vikings won the last round instead of the Samurai. Why? Because of all the Knight hate posts I have seen you make. Think about that. If you were a humble, honourable, proud yet civil Samurai, you would earn the respect of your enemies. But your hate campaign is bordering on childish and does you no favours. If you want to be a credit to the Samurai and their code of honour, stop gloating and baiting for reactions from Knight players.

Something to think about for Season 2 ;)

😁😊😃 😂😂
What gets my back up my friend is the simple fact that religious connotations were brought into this game by one faction for sure. Surely you can see how this might offend other people's religious beliefs that they leave at home and don't ram down other people's throats in a game..
It's bordering racism my friend..
All the posts on here and you tube about Deus Vult, ,
Really it's a game for all not an excuse for religious hatred. .
Yes I show little love or compassion for certain members of the knight faction,,but do you remember the crap that was floating about after Alpha,closed and open Beta's and 1st round about the so called weeks...Do you remember on this forum and others that there were actually knights wanting pacts with Vikings because of resenting Samurai victories,,,
These are when I gave out a bit about the few in your faction who just showed their hatred .
Maybe I shouldn't have had such harsh views or seem to goad,,but I have never gloated..
I offered my Bushido brothers and sisters words of encouragement but never gloatingly...

I wish for us to be friends,, remember you need to fight two foes or the knights shall truly have no chance once again .😇

flclafi
05-01-2017, 09:54 PM
Honestly for the ornaments every faction should get some just for participating, Samurai should have at least gotten the ornaments specific to their own faction as well as knights, and maybe winners get all 3 sets. Though I feel the borders could stay exclusive to what place you took.

Or the ornaments can be purchased for steel later and they are just a little cheaper for the faction that came in 2nd than they are for people who came in 3rd.

Gray360UK
05-01-2017, 10:04 PM
������ ����
What gets my back up my friend is the simple fact that religious connotations were brought into this game by one faction for sure. Surely you can see how this might offend other people's religious beliefs that they leave at home and don't ram down other people's throats in a game..
It's bordering racism my friend..
All the posts on here and you tube about Deus Vult, ,
Really it's a game for all not an excuse for religious hatred. .
Yes I show little love or compassion for certain members of the knight faction,,but do you remember the crap that was floating about after Alpha,closed and open Beta's and 1st round about the so called weeks...Do you remember on this forum and others that there were actually knights wanting pacts with Vikings because of resenting Samurai victories,,,
These are when I gave out a bit about the few in your faction who just showed their hatred .
Maybe I shouldn't have had such harsh views or seem to goad,,but I have never gloated..
I offered my Bushido brothers and sisters words of encouragement but never gloatingly...

I wish for us to be friends,, remember you need to fight two foes or the knights shall truly have no chance once again .��

I will say, I do admire your passion and your loyalty. I kinda think of you as the unofficial leader of the Samurai, albeit not a very dimplomatic one ;)

As for Deus Vult, I would hope you can see in the context of this game, it means nothing more than something Knights said at one time, a battle cry, motivational words, something now adopted in For Honor in a Roleplaying way, not in a rascist / hate way. I do not believe anyone uses it to offend. It is the battle cry of the Knights as surely as 'For Valhalla!' is the battle cry of the Vikings. What is the battle cry of the Samurai by the way? :)

Ulrichvonbek111
05-01-2017, 10:32 PM
I will say, I do admire your passion and your loyalty. I kinda think of you as the unofficial leader of the Samurai, albeit not a very dimplomatic one ;)

As for Deus Vult, I would hope you can see in the context of this game, it means nothing more than something Knights said at one time, a battle cry, motivational words, something now adopted in For Honor in a Roleplaying way, not in a rascist / hate way. I do not believe anyone uses it to offend. It is the battle cry of the Knights as surely as 'For Valhalla!' is the battle cry of the Vikings. What is the battle cry of the Samurai by the way? :)

"TENNOHEIKA BANZAI"
"Long live the Emperor"
😀
I'm by no means any representational leader of the Samurai my friend.
I'm a warrior Shinto monk..who became Kensei.
😊
Though I call upon the aid of my Nobushi sister at times.
A lovely sweet lass.
😇
I wish you all the best in the 2nd Great War my friend.
Be true to your kin,,be virtuous and regain pride and honour for your faction.

Thank you for understanding where I was coming from.

May your blade taste the juices of both your foes without biases.

Ah the days of Elric of Melnibourne and his sword,,
"Stormbringer the stealer of souls ".

💮👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹💮

BananaBlighter
05-01-2017, 10:39 PM
First off, I'm a Knight.

I would like to see the ornaments unlocked for everyone at some point, maybe at the start of season 2. However I do not want them to be free - make us pay at least 5000 steel.