PDA

View Full Version : The Beserker spin to win + Heavy mix up is not "Cheese" or "Unfair"

CoyoteXStarrk
04-26-2017, 04:59 AM
I know that most people probably agree with me on this, the move itself and followup combo is not Cheesy or Unfair.

But for 3 days in a row I have gotten rage messages from people in 1v1 Duel or 2v2 Brawl that I am cheesing and abusing a character and that is just silly. Especially when you consider that the combo is one of the ONLY things the Beserker can do and is an essential part of her kit.

On another note I see alot of talk about Raiders, Wardens, and other heroes but I don't hear much about the Beserker.

So in your opinion how is the Beserker balance wise and why do you feel this way?

Antonioj26
04-26-2017, 05:12 AM
I know that most people probably agree with me on this, the move itself and followup combo is not Cheesy or Unfair.

But for 3 days in a row I have gotten rage messages from people in 1v1 Duel or 2v2 Brawl that I am cheesing and abusing a character and that is just silly. Especially when you consider that the combo is one of the ONLY things the Beserker can do and is an essential part of her kit.

On another note I see alot of talk about Raiders, Wardens, and other heroes but I don't hear much about the Beserker.

So in your opinion how is the Beserker balance wise and why do you feel this way?

Can be difficult to react to on console with input delay, and 30fps but don't feel like it's unfair or "cheesey"

No unblockables, no real spam but on the other hand he had and will be getting back the most damaging punish on a knockdown and the most damaging punish on a wall stun. he gets nothing for free so that's why he sits where kensei, raider, conq, orochi and nobu are in the mid to lower tier.

teksuo1
04-26-2017, 05:14 AM
berserker looks pretty balanced to me.
The only real salt i get all the time is about the traps (i like to sit in a trap and emote my opponent, drives them crazy if you do it often with cooldown reduction. :cool:)

There's absolutely nothing special about the berserker moveset, every thing can be simply blocked with little to no downside... everything can be parried to take over his momentum. The only gimmicky thing we got is hyper-armor.. and it's not much help against someone who blocks well... and pretty much useless against someone who parries well.

it all comes down to strategic feints in the end.. don't think that can be considered OP.

RoosterIlluzion
04-26-2017, 05:14 AM

Are you talking about the zone attack spin?

CoyoteXStarrk
04-26-2017, 05:15 AM
Can be difficult to react to on console with input delay, and 30fps but don't feel like it's unfair or "cheesey"

Exactly.

If it was EASY To react to then we would have a whole other issue.

As it is its simply difficult (but not impossible) to deal deal with. A skilled player can easily counter it, but a bad player is gonna get smacked.

Antonioj26
04-26-2017, 05:23 AM
Exactly.

If it was EASY To react to then we would have a whole other issue.

As it is its simply difficult (but not impossible) to deal deal with. A skilled player can easily counter it, but a bad player is gonna get smacked.

It's nowhere near as bad as pk or valk light spam and if you've practiced enough against those two it makes parrying or blocking zero more doable. Punishing them for doing it makes them stop