PDA

View Full Version : Simple Improvement to Faction War

Karma_Ghost
04-26-2017, 02:12 AM
The Faction War as it is feels shallow and pointless for many due to last turn boosts and the lack of meaningful coordination. The latter issue is something that could be relatively easily remedied despite the global nature.

To allow some degree of coordination, the faction war map needs the following:

1. Accessibility from main menu so players have time to assess the situation. Being able to look during matchmaking would also be helpful.
2. A simple strategic rating system so players can communicate with everyone within their faction what their intent is.

Each contested territory only needs two options: Attack/Defend and Ignore or Abandon. By allowing individuals players to vote for one or the other and see the total number of votes of all faction members, it would effectively allow a consensus to be made on which territories to focus assets on regardless of the current asset distribution between opposing factions.

In it's current form, players have no idea how many other members of their faction are focusing on any given territory so strategic asset placement is essentially random. A simple rating system creates priorities and allows global strategy.

Randy_Kamikaze
04-26-2017, 08:47 AM
What they mainly need to do is make Ticks longer, Rounds shorter and nerf the boost for fewer Territories. Not everyone can play the whole time, so depending on where the majority of the playerbase per team is certain factions are stronger during certain daytimes. That, paired with the boost of assets for beeing a looser makes making a comeback WAY too easy.Make a tick 24 hours.

Right now, Faction War consists of rotating the lead between the three factions, and the one who is lucky enough that the round ends during their turn on the rotation wins the round. The one who has this luck most troughout the 5 rounds wins the faction war. It's zero skill, zero strategy, zero player input, it's pure, dumb, luck.

The Faction War System itself is pretty cool, the idea is great. But right now, winning the Faction War is essentially rolling a dice.

Kitsune..
04-26-2017, 08:58 AM
Right now, Faction War consists of rotating the lead between the three factions, and the one who is lucky enough that the round ends during their turn on the rotation wins the round.
Having round ending on saturday might help I guess

D4rkgrizzly
04-26-2017, 06:04 PM
How to fix factions wars, some ideas:

1. Increase tick time to 24hrs from 8 hrs
- makes tick less reliant on time zones

2. Add a buffer after a tick of 6-8 hrs between ticks
- makes each tick end on a different time zone
- call it "resupply", need more beans and swords to reinforce the front

3.Add 6 Forts to capture and control for bonus
-10% to xp = 1 type of Fort
-10% to steel = 1 type of Fort
-gives a reason to defend/attack besides round/ season rewards

4. Add objectives
- like hold X territory for X amount of time for X amount of steel/reward
- think smaller community event

5.Add a reward to the lowest faction
- Free steel/boxes every so many ticks

6. Change Knights color from yellow to blue
- Psychological effect (look it up, its cool stuff!!!), the masses hate yellow

7. Add a maximum number of territories you can capture a tick
- forces active participation throughout the tick, not just the last 2 days
- maybe 2 territories per war front

8. Make the person who attributed the most war assets that factions general
- let him choose territories and make them highlight on everyone map (gives guidance to the troops, not forced to donate)

9. Re-balance season length, there should be NO off period!
- Or give Season pass holders access to the new characters during the off period.....

Damn, maybe i should of made a new post..... i

kabal_ua
04-26-2017, 06:49 PM
Why even faction war need a fix ? because u dont win in it ?!!:D:confused:
NOt wining in something doesnt mean, that is not balanced. I think vikings(we;)) win it by their own hands. Thats all.

RenfieldX
04-26-2017, 07:15 PM
What they mainly need to do is make Ticks longer, Rounds shorter and nerf the boost for fewer Territories. Not everyone can play the whole time, so depending on where the majority of the playerbase per team is certain factions are stronger during certain daytimes. That, paired with the boost of assets for beeing a looser makes making a comeback WAY too easy.Make a tick 24 hours.

Right now, Faction War consists of rotating the lead between the three factions, and the one who is lucky enough that the round ends during their turn on the rotation wins the round. The one who has this luck most troughout the 5 rounds wins the faction war. It's zero skill, zero strategy, zero player input, it's pure, dumb, luck.

The Faction War System itself is pretty cool, the idea is great. But right now, winning the Faction War is essentially rolling a dice.

I agree, this would go a long way towards improving things. Having each turn last 24hrs levels the playing field somewhat, and they definitely need to revisit the come from behind mechanic boosting the team with the least territories. I'm okay with some sort of comeback mechanic, but getting a bonus simply because your team is getting spanked feels unearned. I'd rather see you get a boost for doing something strategic - say recapturing a fort or key territory giving you a boost in the next turn attacking all adjoining territories (see below).

I'd like to see more objectives on the maps like D4rkgrizzly suggest...forts or special territories that give the faction that holds them some sort of bonus. I'd also like to see each of the capital cities 'sackable' - if you push through to the enemies Capital City, you get a reward (say 1000 steel and a loot crate for looting and pillaging).

Karma_Ghost
04-26-2017, 07:16 PM
How to fix factions wars, some ideas:

1. Increase tick time to 24hrs from 8 hrs
- makes tick less reliant on time zones

2. Add a buffer after a tick of 6-8 hrs between rnds
- makes each tick end on a different time zone
- call it "resupply", need more beans and swords to reinforce the front

3.Add 6 Forts to capture and control for bonus
-10% to xp = 1 type of Fort
-10% to steel = 1 type of Fort
-gives a reason to defend/attack besides round/ season rewards

4. Add objectives
- like hold X territory for X amount of time for X amount of steel/reward
- think smaller community event

5.Add a reward to the lowest faction
- Free steel/boxes every so many ticks

6. Change Knights color from yellow to blue
- Psychological effect (look it up, its cool stuff!!!), the masses hate yellow

7. Add a maximum number of territories you can capture a tick
- forces active participation throughout the tick, not just the last 2 days
- maybe 2 territories per war front

8. Make the person who attributed the most war assets that factions general
- let him choose territories and make them highlight on everyone map (gives guidance to the troops, not forced to donate)

9. Re-balance season length, there should be NO off period!
- Or give Season pass holders access to the new characters during the off period.....

Damn, maybe i should of made a new post..... i

I think 1-4 would give the faction war more depth and value. 3+4 strikes me as a bit redundant though, I think one or the other would be sufficient.

I'm split on 5. On the one hand it would ease some frustration. However, if the reward is too high it would also undermine the whole point of the faction war. Why put forth the effort to win if you get rewarded for losing?

6. I don't think the knights can be blue without the samurai changing to a more greenish tone. Maybe black/grey or green? They are the Iron Legion afterall.

7. If there's a maximum, it would likely force stalemates across the map. The end result would be the same. Only the last turn would matter if everyone is taking the same number of territories each turn.

8. This works too if said general remains active. Maybe assign 2-3 to collaborate?

9. Season pass gets new warriors one week early. New DLC comes with new season. Therefore season pass gets new warriors one week before new season (i.e. during off period). Presumably.

SplugeKing
04-26-2017, 09:26 PM
it would have been awessome to play along side my viking brothers in a faction versus faction siege game mode with three hours left last night

J-HovTheKnolls
04-26-2017, 10:44 PM
You should not be able to change factions till the off season cause you know some bums changed right b4 the end, take the L and be sad about it and now people want to buy the rewards i seen in another post and i was in the Viking faction and didn't even get my rewards you people should be ashamed of yourself's.