PDA

View Full Version : Kensei is so underrated.

GladiatorHood
04-26-2017, 12:20 AM
Kensei is so underrated. I think he should be called one of the best in the game. U can practically win every match with him. All combos end with u blockable heavy which u can cancel in the side heavy uninterruptable which u can cancle in guardbreak or swift strike. Same with helmsplitter. Light attacks are fast. He does a decent amount of damage.

Ryumanjisen
04-26-2017, 12:26 AM
I presume you don't really know how this game is played at its highest level.

Tell me: as you believe Kensei can win "every match"... what can he do against an opponent who is able to block every single attack he mades and counter every single guard break attempt? An don't believe this is something so hard to do, in PC (with 60 FPS), it's pretty easy to shut down any kensei's offensive options... and punish him for it.

Netcode_err_404
04-26-2017, 01:01 AM
I presume you don't really know how this game is played at its highest level.

Tell me: as you believe Kensei can win "every match"... what can he do against an opponent who is able to block every single attack he mades and counter every single guard break attempt? An don't believe this is something so hard to do, in PC (with 60 FPS), it's pretty easy to shut down any kensei's offensive options... and punish him for it.

This

Kensei is one of the most garbage classes in the game for 3 simple resons ( i love him, ton of fun to play BUT)

1) He relies on comboes for his damage output ( So bad this game isn't meant for comboes due to the fact is extremely easy to block and still easy enough to parry)

2) Feints are slow and unnatural, an experienced player will know if you feinted or not

Sure, you could lock r1 > unlock r1 > lock unblockable r2 but that pro hamer stuff works 1/1000 times. Not even worthy.

3), has a top unblockable that you won't never use it cuz too easy to parry, so you need to feint the top heavy into a side, look your opponent, if he attacks then you are good, you can trade the hit thanks to armor, if he does't react, cancel the side into a GB, so you basically need to cancel 2 attacks into a GB and the chance to land that GB are really really really low.

Orochi beats the kensei in all aspect except range.

Styles-M
04-26-2017, 01:07 AM
Kensei doesnt have any move that will force you to dodge ...Nor any Swift strike that Is hard to react to... You see why top gamers Are win with characters like warden , Warlord And peacekeepers ? Because they Are ale able to make you Guess - Is he going to shoulder bash me and i shoulder Dodge away ? Or im not going to risk it and wish for luck , that he will put up the GB ? ..... Kensei doesnt have this option ....

GladiatorHood
04-26-2017, 01:16 AM
I legit challenge all of those who have an xbox to a duel with kensei

Netcode_err_404
04-26-2017, 01:19 AM
I legit challenge all of those who have an xbox to a duel with kensei

I would accept, really, I legitimately would like to see kensei rule 1v1's

But Im not on XBOX