PDA

View Full Version : Think You're Helping Your Teammate? You're Not.

JayyRupp
04-25-2017, 07:44 PM
STOP HANDING OUT REVENGE MODE PLEASE. It baffles me how some Rep 5+ players are still doing this... Stop the tunnel vision and pay attention to what you're doing. Thanks.

Supercool5150
04-25-2017, 07:48 PM
Are we talking Dominion? Brawl? Duel?

Supercool5150
04-25-2017, 07:49 PM
I only ask because with the revenge nerf the ganking is only going to get worse. Which means more revenge but not as powerful.

JayyRupp
04-25-2017, 08:11 PM
I only ask because with the revenge nerf the ganking is only going to get worse. Which means more revenge but not as powerful.

Every team based mode. I'll be winning a 1v1 and some idiot teammate will run up and button mash until the guy I'm fighting gets revenge mode. It's stupid annoying and it happens multiple times EVERY match.

Lyskir
04-25-2017, 08:14 PM
Every team based mode. I'll be winning a 1v1 and some idiot teammate will run up and button mash until he gives the guy revenge mode. It's stupid annoying.

or stab u in the back -_-
sometimes i hate teammates

Gray360UK
04-25-2017, 08:24 PM
You are considering this enemy as your 1 vs 1 partner, when actually in a 4 vs 4 team game he is not. That guy you are fighting is a valid target for your 3 team mates too.

The thing about new Reveng since the 1.05 patch is that it's not worth worrying about too much. You say you are winning and you aren't about to lose, so you shouldn't be in any real danger, even from Revenge, especially not with a team mate helping you out in a fight you are already winning.

Ironically in the case when you suggest it would be okay to help you, if you are losing, it would be the worst thing for a team mate to do, because one shot from a Revenged enemy would probably be a death sentence for you.

To me, this sounds like you don't like kill stealers rather than your enemy getting Revenge because a team mate joined the fight.

Cervesas
04-25-2017, 08:26 PM
This is one simple reason people play brawl mode as 1v1. Understanding when to help a teammate and when you're actually just feeding the enemy revenge is something of a fine line.

JayyRupp
04-25-2017, 09:38 PM
You are considering this enemy as your 1 vs 1 partner, when actually in a 4 vs 4 team game he is not. That guy you are fighting is a valid target for your 3 team mates too.

The thing about new Reveng since the 1.05 patch is that it's not worth worrying about too much. You say you are winning and you aren't about to lose, so you shouldn't be in any real danger, even from Revenge, especially not with a team mate helping you out in a fight you are already winning.

Ironically in the case when you suggest it would be okay to help you, if you are losing, it would be the worst thing for a team mate to do, because one shot from a Revenged enemy would probably be a death sentence for you.

To me, this sounds like you don't like kill stealers rather than your enemy getting Revenge because a team mate joined the fight.

You're an idiot. Sounds to me like you don't understand how to PROPERLY attack a teammate's target without CONTRIBUTING to their revenge meter. Next.

Gray360UK
04-25-2017, 09:41 PM
You're an idiot. Next.

Yeah that's what I would expect from someone who plays with others as badly as you do, same attitude here as you have in-game it seems. Shame you have to live in a world with other human beings isn't it? Why can't you just be left in peace and not have to deal with all those pesky other players? It's not like you're in a team or anything is it? :rolleyes:

Not your kill, get over it, and learn how to deal with Revenge while you're at it. If you can't cope with the now vastly weaker Revenge since 1.05 then other players joining 'your' fights isn't the problem. :p

AKDagriZ
04-25-2017, 10:48 PM
Every team based mode. I'll be winning a 1v1 and some idiot teammate will run up and button mash until the guy I'm fighting gets revenge mode. It's stupid annoying and it happens multiple times EVERY match.

the revenge is intended to trigger at 2v1 and up very fast . it don't take much to trigger it.a matter of second before it pop up in a 2v1 especialy if you guys are fighting since couple second you have both cummulated revenge so a single hit from an other opponent will more likely trigger it up.
Dominion and skirmish are two mode open for ganking.I think it is right if a teammate come by and give you a hand want it or not.
Those mod are built around ganking , gear starts and feat load out.Other cannot stay aside and watch your fight inside a flag zone everyone needs to boost their feat fast!

Karma_Ghost
04-25-2017, 11:35 PM
Revenge isn't even a threat anymore. Unless you're consistently getting parried, it barely makes a difference. Use knockdowns and guard break. If you're being targeted, focus on defending so your team mates can sneak in attacks

teksuo1
04-26-2017, 05:00 AM
revenge is bad now, i don't even mind if someone gives my opponent revenge. Chances are i can turn the situation to my advantage.

the guy with revenge will start wanting to hit the extra target and will probably overextend his attack window too.. usually goes smooth.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-26-2017, 05:04 AM
I am not so much worried about helping or hurting my teammates in Dominion. if I think the fight is taking too long or I know another enemy is coming I will jump in and end the fight ASAP before someone else can show up to turn the tide.

In Skirmish nobody 1v1s. Its a poo flinging button mashing crapstorm

In Elimination its basically Diet- Skirmish

In Brawl I am not worried because I never 2v1 in Brawl. No matter the situation.

Bob__Gnarly
04-26-2017, 06:14 AM
This might have been a problem pre revenge nerf, but not now. Revenge just aint scary anymore.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-26-2017, 06:15 AM
This might have been a problem pre revenge nerf, but not now. Revenge just aint scary anymore.

It wasn't supposed to be.

It was never meant to be a win button. It was only ever meant to give you a CHANCE in those 2v1 situations.

kweassa1917
04-26-2017, 06:20 AM
So which is it? LOL

- Some people complain their teammates hand out revenge
- Others come to the boards everyday crying about how revenge is worthless
- Some people say FF is worthless and it should be upped
- Others complain FF disrupting the team's actions in a gank can deadly

Can't people make up their minds? :D

(ps) me, tbh, I wouldn't mind FF damage being upped a bit more. But last 21 years of internet gaming has basically taught me that whatever realistic and immersive, positive elements that FF adds to the game, can never outweigh the disastrous carnage trolls bring..

Honestly, I don't care if they even upped FF damage to full. Me, I can handle. I already watch my shots anyway, and move out of the way of my teammates LOS. I guarantee I'm not going to be the person coming back to the boards crying and raging about FF, and I also guarantee whomever thinks laying down the "FF argument" in revenge-whine posts, once full FF is introduced, will regret it seriously.

Reality check? == full FF gives a whole new meaning to the term, "infighting", "feud", and "trolling"

So becareful what you wish for. Really.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-26-2017, 06:29 AM
So which is it? LOL

- Some people complain their teammates hand out revenge
- Others come to the boards everyday crying about how revenge is worthless
- Some people say FF is worthless and it should be upped
- Others complain FF disrupting the team's actions in a gank can deadly

Can't people make up their minds? :D

(ps) me, tbh, I wouldn't mind FF damage being upped a bit more. But last 21 years of internet gaming has basically taught me that whatever realistic and immersive elements that FF adds to the game, never outweighs the disaster trolls bring.

Honestly, I don't care if they even upped FF damage to full. But I guarantee I'm not going to be the person coming back to the boards crying and QQing about FF.

Reality check? == full FF gives a whole new meaning to the term, "infighting", "feud", and "trolling"

So becareful what you wish for. Really, I'm serious.

No see you don't GET it.

Its only weak if it doesn't give them kills and its only OP when it kills them.