PDA

View Full Version : Raider Buffs Confirmed

razabak10mm
04-25-2017, 07:36 PM
The devs have decided stop work on both the connectivity issues and the guide explaining how faction war works to address the issues plaguing the Raider.

1. Guard switch speed up. Raiders will now be the fastest class in game.
2. Revenge build up. Axe hump will now build Raiders revenge meter. It will build twice as fast when axe hump is done after an execution or cliff throw.
3. New Feat. Prayer to Thor will now be available. This sends a prayer to the god of thunder which he swiftly answers by throwing his hammer cause he's sick of this $h1t. It's similar to catapult but 2x as fast and deals 2x the damage. It has a 5 sec cooldown, but the cooldown will be reduced to zero anytime the Raider is hit with three succesful light attacks.
4. Bonus steel. Anytime a Raider can get someone to ragequit, he will be rewarded with steel at the end of the match. 2000 if done after a cliff shove and 1500 after an execution. However an extra 500 can be earned after the execution if at least 5 ax humps are preformed. This steel will be plundered from the person that ragequit.

These changes will be for console with a PC patch coming in 6-8 months.

pure_energist
04-25-2017, 07:51 PM
I play with Female Raider and instead of the ax Hump I prefer to do the Ax Jerk off.. Do I still get the Revenge Meter gain and bonus steel rewards??

Lyskir
04-25-2017, 07:55 PM
as a raider main, i like point 2 and 4 the most^^
but who ragequits against a raider? lul xD

Halvtand
04-25-2017, 08:02 PM
A small part of me hopes that the team sees this and makes it into an even in 6-8 months.

pure_energist
04-25-2017, 08:04 PM
as a raider main, i like point 2 and 4 the most^^
but who ragequits against a raider? lul xD

I believe with these buffs in place there will be an abundance of rage quitters.. more Steel to fold into my AX!

Flello
04-25-2017, 08:11 PM
Finally! Raider will be in line with some other heroes in terms of balance.

Antonioj26
04-25-2017, 08:16 PM
The devs have decided stop work on both the connectivity issues and the guide explaining how faction war works to address the issues plaguing the Raider.

2. Revenge build up. Axe hump will now build Raiders revenge meter. It will build twice as fast when axe hump is done after an execution or cliff throw.
3. New Feat. Prayer to Thor will now be available. This sends a prayer to the god of thunder which he swiftly answers by throwing his hammer cause he's sick of this $h1t. It's similar to catapult but 2x as fast and deals 2x the damage. It has a 5 sec cooldown, but the cooldown will be reduced to zero anytime the Raider is hit with three succesful light attacks.
4. Bonus steel. Anytime a Raider can get someone to ragequit, he will be rewarded with steel at the end of the match. 2000 if done after a cliff shove and 1500 after an execution. However an extra 500 can be earned after the execution if at least 5 ax humps are preformed. This steel will be plundered from the person that ragequit.

When will ubi listen to us? That's barely going to change anything. Might as well not even buff him, he will still be bottom tier. I hate this game.

Karma_Ghost
04-25-2017, 09:39 PM
Satire aside, the basic idea of providing some kind of small bonus for using [complete] emotes in combat could help encourage more aggressive play.

Mudflaaaps
04-26-2017, 12:10 AM
Lol raider is already a very powerful character, why anyone complains about him is beyond me. If you can't win with him you must be awful, he's one of the worst cheesers there is.

NiteShadeCG
04-26-2017, 12:14 AM

I love this :-D

Antonioj26
04-26-2017, 12:17 AM
Lol raider is already a very powerful character, why anyone complains about him is beyond me. If you can't win with him you must be awful, he's one of the worst cheesers there is.

Who doesn't cheese in this game according to you? I've heard you saw berserker, Prebuff lb, prebuff valk, and now raider are all some of the "cheesiest" characters in the game even they all have had next to no appearances in tournament finals or even won one and also they all had the lowest win rates in duels. So if they aren't or weren't the worse then who is?

Mudflaaaps
04-26-2017, 01:13 AM
Really? That huge discussion yesterday and you didn't take a single word?
EVERY character is cheesy in the right hands, that was my whole point. Complaining that any one character is bad is stupid (unless its kensei, because yknow). No character is bad (besides kensei), no character is good. They're all easy to abuse and break.

UbiJurassic
04-26-2017, 01:18 AM

You got me with this one. Well played, razabak10mm.

Antonioj26
04-26-2017, 01:19 AM
EVERY character is cheesy in the right hands, that was my whole point. Complaining that any one character is bad is stupid (unless its kensei, because yknow). No character is bad (besides kensei), no character is good. They're all easy to abuse and break.

you aren't listening. The characters I mentioned have all been labled as some of the "cheesiest" according to you. This means they are more cheesy then most, so who fits in the category of less cheesy then arguably the characters who are or were the worst prebuff from duels. This argument they are all cheesy in the right hands has nothing to do with raider, prebuff lb, prebuff valk, and prebuff zerk being the "cheesiest" heroes.

UbiJurassic
04-26-2017, 01:45 AM

you aren't listening. The characters I mentioned have all been labled as some of the "cheesiest" according to you. This means they are more cheesy then most, so who fits in the category of less cheesy then arguably the characters who are or were the worst prebuff from duels. This argument they are all cheesy in the right hands has nothing to do with raider, prebuff lb, prebuff valk, and prebuff zerk being the "cheesiest" heroes.

Please try to stay on topic in this thread. If you would like to talk about heroes that you believe are "cheesy", you are welcome to PM one another or post in a relevant thread.