PDA

View Full Version : Damage numbers. Cheat? Bug?

Halvtand
04-25-2017, 12:49 PM
Every now and then when you die in the various game modes you take a gander over at the last three attacks that hit you just to see what really went down. Most of the time it's nothing to worry about, but then something catches your eye. A heavy attack doing 3 damage. A light attack doing 40. That last attack that took more than one bar of health registering as 17 damage.

Is this a known bug or is there something fishy about this?

RoosterIlluzion
04-26-2017, 01:11 AM
Every now and then when you die in the various game modes you take a gander over at the last three attacks that hit you just to see what really went down. Most of the time it's nothing to worry about, but then something catches your eye. A heavy attack doing 3 damage. A light attack doing 40. That last attack that took more than one bar of health registering as 17 damage.

I've read that Kensei's light attacks all do 40 dmg. Everyone else is 35 or lower. Heavy attacks for most other heroes is at 40. Lmao ****ing great balance.

ScottJund
04-26-2017, 01:42 AM

Attacks doing tiny damage is part of an unexplained mechanic in the game that prevents damage from multiple players quickly ending another player. You may notice sometimes a player will glow white while coming out of a guardbreak or something, and during this time they will take extremely reduced damage. This explains the low heavy damage.

As far as high light damage, that can simply be explained by powerups + gear score.

RoosterIlluzion
04-26-2017, 02:58 AM
Attacks doing tiny damage is part of an unexplained mechanic in the game that prevents damage from multiple players quickly ending another player. You may notice sometimes a player will glow white while coming out of a guardbreak or something, and during this time they will take extremely reduced damage. This explains the low heavy damage.

As far as high light damage, that can simply be explained by powerups + gear score.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

Oops. I had to look it up because I remembered incorrectly. Kensei's light attacks are 20 damage base. The The only reason I can think of why their heavy does less than others is because they can combo heavy attacks, and other classes combo light attacks.

teksuo1
04-26-2017, 04:48 AM
on my berserker if i pop both "Sharpen blades"&"berserker buff" i'm actually impressed at my own damage. I bet the guy at the receiving end is like :confused:

Karma_Ghost
04-26-2017, 06:14 AM
Low damage from heavies is chip damage. If you have block damage resistance higher than default, you're probably not taking any unless whoever hit you has max block damage.