PDA

View Full Version : 30fps on consoles is killing me!

pafarot
04-25-2017, 12:38 AM
is anyone agree with me? to this day I still baffled why the console version only run in 30 fps, for a reaction base fighting game this is unacceptable! yes, the consoles maybe not good enough to run in 60 fps but maybe they could sacrife the graphic or etc or just think of something! I mean battlefield 1 could run in 60 fps on consoles so why for honor couldn't? We're talking about Ubisoft here! they are a big company with lots of money!

UbiJurassic
04-25-2017, 01:04 AM
This is a problem many players have voiced their opinions on. We have been reading through player feedback regarding it and have also forwarded it to the team.

Flello
04-25-2017, 01:13 AM
There's actually quiet a lot of competitive games on consoles that, surprise surprise, are in 60fps. I completely agree with you that this should be the same on consoles. The 30fps limit is a ridiculous restriction.

I game on both console and PC, and this is essential to being a 'competitive' game on consoles. But then again you have all the arguments of using wireless controllers and different refresh rates on monitors etc. Obviously all will benefit you, but I feel that the 30fps really does restrict your reaction times.

Right now the light spam on console is stupidly OP with the 30fps limit. Even if they sacrificed some of the graphics, shadows and other detail to be able to achieve a 60fps limit, I'd be all for that.

pafarot
04-25-2017, 01:27 AM
Exactly, I would prefer sacrifice some unnecessary details for a smoother game that actually can help me to win a game. people on PC complaining about parrying being too OP, well good for you! us on consoles have to deal with light attack spammers in a freakin' 30 frame /second! try to parry that! Actually, maybe the game should be changed to 30 fps on every version, that way at least there is no more defensive meta!

Antonioj26
04-25-2017, 01:43 AM
Exactly, I would prefer sacrifice some unnecessary details for a smoother game that actually can help me to win a game. people on PC complaining about parrying being too OP, well good for you! us on consoles have to deal with light attack spammers in a freakin' 30 frame /second! try to parry that! Actually, maybe the game should be changed to 30 fps on every version, that way at least there is no more defensive meta!

I find dead zone and input lag to be fairly detrimental when compounded by the fact it's only 30fps on console. It's the reason valk and pk dominate on console and aren't nearly as much of a hassle on PC. I believe they have talked about working on a dead zone slider so there's the good news with that.

pafarot
04-25-2017, 01:50 AM
I find dead zone and input lag to be fairly detrimental when compounded by the fact it's only 30fps on console. It's the reason valk and pk dominate on console and aren't nearly as much of a hassle on PC. I believe they have talked about working on a dead zone slider so there's the good news with that.

What is a dead zone?

UbiJurassic
04-25-2017, 02:36 AM
What is a dead zone?
A dead zone on a controller or mouse is a small area around an analog stick's, or mouse's, center position in which the device will not send any information to the game. It's used to prevent any unintentional movements, such as the joysticks causing the screen to drift or an unintentional twitch with your hand on the mouse.

We are looking at implementing the ability to adjust these deadzones in the future.

Antonioj26
04-25-2017, 02:39 AM
What is a dead zone?

Now I don't know the most technical way to explain it but it's basically how far the stick needs to be pushed for the action to register. For example if you are guarding to the right and you want to switch to left, your thumb will have to move the stick all the way to the left side for it to register. With a dead zone slider you can adjust whether the action will be registered at the farthest end of the left side or more closely towards the neutral position of the stick. It's seems insignificant but in fighting games 1 Frame is enough to change the outcome of a fight.

JayyRupp
04-25-2017, 03:04 AM
is anyone agree with me? to this day I still baffled why the console version only run in 30 fps, for a reaction base fighting game this is unacceptable! yes, the consoles maybe not good enough to run in 60 fps but maybe they could sacrife the graphic or etc or just think of something! I mean battlefield 1 could run in 60 fps on consoles so why for honor couldn't? We're talking about Ubisoft here! they are a big company with lots of money!

This is probably the only game I prefer 30 fps over 60. FH on the PC is a turtle fest consisting of 10 minute stare downs. Things are much faster paced on console and I'm 99% sure it's because of the framerate. They're like 2 entirely different games... I definitely prefer 60 fps in Dark Souls PvP though.
#reversebackstep4life

Edit: BTW Battlefield 1 definitely doesn't run at 60 fps. Like at all. On either platform. It's more like a fluctuating 45 that drops to 30 in big battles.

Knight_Raime
04-25-2017, 04:02 AM
If I had to guess it's probably due to the fact that the game (in dominion anyway) has to run the AI of a lot of players at once. The system they used in this game is quite different in terms of online compared to most other games. Honestly the only 2 hero's i've noticed FPS being an issue on is kensei and valk. Which isn't surprising considering they both have buffs to their attack speed. I don't struggle with PK or zerker lights though. I mean zerker eventually gets there if they get a combo going but you can stop those rather easily.

Honestly They can't do anything about making the game to 60 fps. they'ed have to re release the game. Instead the proper solution is to balance the console version differently compared to the pc version.

RatedChaotic
04-25-2017, 06:20 AM
Since I got the elite controller I have been messing around with the settings. Has anyone found a good set up? How did you set your analog settings and deadzone sliders?

Frappenstain
04-25-2017, 07:03 AM
Join us brother! PC Master race embraces you with it's warm 60fps!

Lumina-US
04-25-2017, 09:53 AM
is anyone agree with me? to this day I still baffled why the console version only run in 30 fps, for a reaction base fighting game this is unacceptable! yes, the consoles maybe not good enough to run in 60 fps but maybe they could sacrife the graphic or etc or just think of something! I mean battlefield 1 could run in 60 fps on consoles so why for honor couldn't? We're talking about Ubisoft here! they are a big company with lots of money!As stated by yourself, Consoles have their limitations and even many of the games that are graphicaly very demanding, struggle/fail to hold those 60 FPS stable through and through.

And i don't say that as a PC-Masta racler, i say that as a dedicated gaming-dude who owns many, many different Consoles. (and a MacBook, for work)

So before you demand stuff like that, make it at least optional like ND did it with "The Last of Us Remastered", where you can choose on your own, if you want to run the game at either 30 or 60 FPS. (with 60 FPS resulting in decreasing the graphical aspect every here and there in tiny details, such as textures and shadows etc.)

Why? - because some people like eye-candy and DO NOT want to have it decreased - so make it at least optional, instead of just ninja-****ing everyone's graphics on either PS4 or XBOX ONE and before you come up with "Hey there's a PS4 PRO" - no, not everybody has or even want's to buy one.

Dizzy4213
04-25-2017, 10:29 AM
So before you demand stuff like that, make it at least optional like ND did it with "The Last of Us Remastered", where you can choose on your own, if you want to run the game at either 30 or 60 FPS. (with 60 FPS resulting in decreasing the graphical aspect every here and there in tiny details, such as textures and shadows etc.)

Why? - because some people like eye-candy and DO NOT want to have it decreased - so make it at least optional, instead of just ninja-****ing everyone's graphics on either PS4 or XBOX ONE and before you come up with "Hey there's a PS4 PRO" - no, not everybody has or even want's to buy one.

Completely agree. Nioh did the same with Movie Mode (30fps) and Action Mode (60fps).

I wouldn't mind lower resolution for increased performance. Especially on things like shadows which I couldn't care less about.

DrExtrem
04-25-2017, 11:02 AM
I don't think, that stable 60 fps are possible on standard xbox and ps4.

Lowering graphics are possible off course but it would be easier to adjust the attack and gb indicators to appear one or two frames sooner.

This fine adjustment is easily done (see pk zone attack) and is not potentially game crashing.

Every frame drop can potentially lead to disconnection and killing entire matches.

RoosterIlluzion
04-26-2017, 01:17 AM
There's actually quiet a lot of competitive games on consoles that, surprise surprise, are in 60fps. I completely agree with you that this should be the same on consoles. The 30fps limit is a ridiculous restriction.

I game on both console and PC, and this is essential to being a 'competitive' game on consoles. But then again you have all the arguments of using wireless controllers and different refresh rates on monitors etc. Obviously all will benefit you, but I feel that the 30fps really does restrict your reaction times.

Right now the light spam on console is stupidly OP with the 30fps limit. Even if they sacrificed some of the graphics, shadows and other detail to be able to achieve a 60fps limit, I'd be all for that.

But have you even noticed the characters have no shadows. There's just a hint of a circular shade under their feet. The only real shadows are from the dynamic lighting. There's no reason this game shouldn't run at 60fps.