PDA

View Full Version : So who thinks we will see the "new" FH at the start of s2?

cragar212
04-24-2017, 10:54 PM
Incase anyone doesn't know a couple weeks ago some top players went to Ubisoft to give feedback on upcoming changes.

Apparently one of the streamers stated talking about what he saw on his stream (Im guessing he was under a NDA)

Allegedly they played an alpha version of the game that was offence based and extremely fun. Apparently zerker was godlike.

So do you guys think it will make it out for s2?

Do you think it will breath some life back into the game?

Mudflaaaps
04-24-2017, 11:08 PM
I REALLY hope that's true. The defense meta is so awful, I'd love a properly offensive mode.

Netcode_err_404
04-25-2017, 12:32 AM
Top players giving feedback ? Well,top players's gameplay/gamestyle is way too different from regular players one, hope they remembered that when giving some feedback

CaptainPwnet
04-25-2017, 12:40 AM
I REALLY hope that's true. The defense meta is so awful, I'd love a properly offensive mode.

What difference would it make for you? You're still going to run on here and cry every time you lose to something you have 0 understanding of lol.

Netcode_err_404
04-25-2017, 02:21 AM
What difference would it make for you? You're still going to run on here and cry every time you lose to something you have 0 understanding of lol.

For a lot of people losing is not a problem , including myself.

The important is having fun. Something in for honor, is not always possible to have.

bmason1000
04-25-2017, 03:37 AM
Allegedly they played an alpha version of the game that was offence based and extremely fun. Apparently zerker was godlike.

I hope this version never, ever, ever sees the light. Not because i don't want offense to be more powerful, but because i don't want a million berserkers running around jumpin on the bandwagon. He's the only character I've ever used and i like that he's still kind of an under dog. Used to be i liked seeing more because people talked s*** on berserker and there weren't a lot of us. Post patch there's gettin to be too many. Where were you guys when berserker was trash, huh? I was swingin axes when you still played warlord. Get out of my house. Get the f*** out.

Frappenstain
04-25-2017, 07:50 AM
Defense meta... Even if you remove it, peoples will play defensive. This is a fighting game ffs. You can't expect peoples blindrush and start the fight with top heavy. Stop trying it put into standart gameplay molds. I fight alot of defensive peoples, and always found a way to open them. Feints, dodges, changing places... Just find a good opening moves. Stope exaggeration of mechanics. Defenese, it's a mechanic get over with it, Parry is also a mechanic, get over with it too. Dodges, side attacks, feints,GB's.... There are alot of way to start a fight.

Draghmar
04-25-2017, 07:58 AM
Top players giving feedback ? Well,top players's gameplay/gamestyle is way too different from regular players one, hope they remembered that when giving some feedback
Of course they won't...or don't care. Most people tends to force their view so the game be like they want.

Kraxers
04-25-2017, 08:59 AM

Aren't you one of these guys that telling people to "stfup, git gut and game is balanced bs" when they were complaning about an obvious unbalance/mechanical flaw like oni charge exploit? You sure look like them.

Halvtand
04-25-2017, 08:59 AM
I for one would welcome the change. A more offensive game sounds a lot more like what the beta and other early tests were like, and those were fun as sh*t.

It does come with the caveat that the defensive classes (Conq, WL, LB, Valk) are not ruined in the process. Except for Valk I believe that these three will be the ultimate losers in a more offensive version of this game.

However, if this is done well. If there is enough reward for players to start throwing out attacks rather than turtle up and go for the parry-GB-heavy over and over again, and at the same time the defensive classes are allowed the ability to block until the cows come home I think this could be a big step in the right direction for the game.

Draghmar
04-25-2017, 09:05 AM
Aren't you one of these guys that telling people to "stfup, git gut and game is balanced bs" when they were complaning about an obvious unbalance/mechanical flaw like oni charge exploit? You sure look like them.
You're talking to me?

niall11111
04-25-2017, 09:11 AM
Ah yes, I can see it now...maybe three hours after this version is released, people will be straight on these forums moaning about how the Zerker is OP and needs an immediate nerf.

I don't think Ubi will ever win no matter what they try and do, some people just can't take losing.

Lumina-US
04-25-2017, 09:16 AM
Any sources/vids to back your claims up with a shred of truth? - otherwise i smell BS.

I could also just come here and pretend the president just visited my house to drink a couple of beers with me while watching a football-game, doesn't have to be true, but as long as no sources of hard proof or even pictures are there, you know...

Why would Ubisoft release "For Honor" as it is and defend their defensive-approach all the time, just to release an all offensive-version with godlike chars, mere months after? - i smell a (not so) well written fairy-tale here, by either you or that so called topplaying-streamer.

Herbstlicht
04-25-2017, 10:22 AM
Just in case a more offence oriented gameplay favors the zerker in the beginning: just nerf him. I mean we all might still win and if for example infinite combos become too strong - just adjust or remove.

Anyway, i doubt such an exteme change is going to happen anytime soon. but we'll see.

CaptainPwnet
04-25-2017, 12:13 PM

Nope, not at all. This game is broken as **** in many ways. But the guy I quoted I have seen in multiple threads and starting multiple threads. Every single one he spreads huge misinformation and proves he has little to no knowledge of the game he is playing. Then continues to whine and insult anyone who corrected him or who tells him he needs to do such and such and get better. By such and such I mean legitimate tips and information that are considered basics among many.

But he never listens and continues to yell and scream his BS as if it were the absolute truth when it is not even anywhere near.

But after looking back at your post count I wouldn't be surprised if you were just an alt account of his so not sure why i bothered replying lol.

Hillbill79
04-25-2017, 12:35 PM
They did say in one of their livestreams that they were working on a fix for the defensive meta. They also said in the same stream that they had invited community contributors to Ubi montreal for some testing.

Any sources/vids to back your claims up with a shred of truth? - otherwise i smell BS.

I could also just come here and pretend the president just visited my house to drink a couple of beers with me while watching a football-game, doesn't have to be true, but as long as no sources of hard proof or even pictures are there, you know...

Why would Ubisoft release "For Honor" as it is and defend their defensive-approach all the time, just to release an all offensive-version with godlike chars, mere months after? - i smell a (not so) well written fairy-tale here, by either you or that so called topplaying-streamer.

Lumina-US
04-25-2017, 01:26 PM
They did say in one of their livestreams that they were working on a fix for the defensive meta. They also said in the same stream that they had invited community contributors to Ubi montreal for some testing.But "working on the defensive meta" and "some testing" for sure doesn't mean let's just flip the coin and go all-in on offense now, that's like going to a hockey game where only one goal would be placed on the rink. From one extreme, right into another.

Hillbill79
04-25-2017, 01:31 PM
I don't think anyone said "All in offence" Only a more offence based version.

Mudflaaaps
04-25-2017, 02:43 PM
You're a childish little boy aren't you.

Someone else points out what a loser you are and you just carry on screaming and crying like a baby.

Other dude was right, you are a git gud kid.

Hillbill79
04-25-2017, 02:47 PM
Who's that to?

You're a childish little boy aren't you.

Someone else points out what a loser you are and you just carry on screaming and crying like a baby.

Other dude was right, you are a git gud kid.

Mudflaaaps
04-25-2017, 02:50 PM
I think this rumour could have logical basis.
The defensive meta is way too good, but most people are children who abuse this and think their good.
Ubisoft don't want to upset them, because that's the majority of players.

So, alternate offense based mode would keep us (the adult side) happy.

Dramatically reduce turtle capabilities, stop the defensive meta being so powerful, add more openers. I'd love to see a mode like this, as I said before I hope OP is right.

Mudflaaaps
04-25-2017, 02:51 PM
The captain pwnet guy, not you mate. The reply to comment option isn't working sorry

Robrym
04-25-2017, 03:41 PM
T think its a pretty good idea to make a new meta at the beginning of this new season. That will make turtle meta players needs to adap to this new gameplay. I am looking forward to it.