PDA

View Full Version : Shugoki Super Armor is bs take it away asap

Oupyz
04-24-2017, 06:16 PM
Hello Ubisoft ,

first i know u have no expertise in fighting games

but let me tell you something while u attack shugoki he get his super armor off interrupt your combo into parrying or into demon embrace to refill his health and u cannot react to it , cause his armor stopped you from interrupting him

so please hotfix that

and redesign how super armor work

it's a ****ing bs in this game

i know some of you gonna flame me for this

but we need a balanced mechanic and this for sure ain't one

thank you

CandleInTheDark
04-24-2017, 06:44 PM
Light attack him, or try for a guardbreak, succeed or fail on the guardbreak, there goes the super armour, press your attack, you're a nobushi you should have better chance at this than most, I just beat one with a berserker and I had to be in his face to do any of that.

I've not put a single game into shugoki by the by,just faced a good deal of them. They've had a much needed nerf to their oni charge, do this as well and you might as well delete them from the game.

Oupyz
04-24-2017, 06:52 PM
no lol the mechanic is broke , u don't know what u're talking about , on pc stay in his face and he will melt the ground out of your character , and i said many many many times already , they are balancing things for pc where the competetive scene is , no offence to console players though

super armor needs to be redesigned and even truetalent mentioned that on his stream if pro/tournament players find it broken so we middle tier players should listen and learn from the better players

no offence to you , nothing personal

but a broken mechanic needs to be fixed

interrupting your combo while u're hitting him cause his super armor got applied , thanks but no thanks

this is broken and needs to be fixed

cragar212
04-24-2017, 07:05 PM
I think what hes saying is his super armor shouldn't just return when you're hitting him. Every time you hit him the time before super armor returns should be reset. This makes sense to me as well.

CandleInTheDark
04-24-2017, 07:10 PM
I think what hes saying is his super armor shouldn't just return when you're hitting him. Every time you hit him the time before super armor returns should be reset. This makes sense to me as well.

That isn't what the title of the post suggests. Shugoki Super Armor is bs take it away asap sounds like I am struggling with this mechanic, make it stop.

Blasto95
04-24-2017, 07:33 PM
no lol the mechanic is broke , u don't know what u're talking about , on pc stay in his face and he will melt the ground out of your character , and i said many many many times already , they are balancing things for pc where the competetive scene is , no offence to console players though

super armor needs to be redesigned and even truetalent mentioned that on his stream if pro/tournament players find it broken so we middle tier players should listen and learn from the better players

no offence to you , nothing personal

but a broken mechanic needs to be fixed

interrupting your combo while u're hitting him cause his super armor got applied , thanks but no thanks

this is broken and needs to be fixed

So you want Shugs Hyper Armor down, AND Charge of the Oni to still be nerfed? You might as well just delete the character all together then...and im sure youd rather Hyper Armor over Charge spamming Shugs.

Lumina-US
04-24-2017, 07:48 PM
and i said many many many times already , they are balancing things for pc where the competetive scene isYou know where your "competitive scene" will be once all console players left the game for good? (or bad) - i'll tell you: On the ****1ng ground next to nowhere.

"Competitive scene" he says - lulz, enjoy playing with less than the freaking 3.9k elitists you still have left playing this game, for the rest of your life.

Like it or not, despite lower FPS and a few tiny graphical shortcomings, console is where the most players and therfor the money sits.

"Competitive scene" ON PC he said - lol 3.5, i nearly pissed myself.

Oupyz
04-24-2017, 07:49 PM
Cragar Got it :)

but i wil try to explain some people why the mechanic is broken , maybe just maybe someone will understand and agree

lets say iam playing the fat F.k and u attacked me i got hit when my armor just returned , so u went into recovery mode and i went into demon embrace , now i got rewarded by the game for playing bad instead of you getting the reward, did u get what i'm trying to say ? or not yet ?

don't we all like when the game reward us for being bad ;)) ?

Blasto95
04-24-2017, 07:53 PM
Cragar Got it :)

but i wil try to explain some people why the mechanic is broken , maybe just maybe someone will understand and agree

lets say iam playing the fat F.k and u attacked me i got hit when my armor just returned , so u went into recovery mode and i went into demon embrace , now i got rewarded by the game for playing bad instead of you getting the reward, did u get what i'm trying to say ? or not yet ?

don't we all like when the game reward us for being bad ;)) ?

In the time it took Shugoki to get his Armor back, have the opponent knock it off, and then raw Demon Embrace right after, Im pretty sure you would still have enough time to react against the Demons Embrace. Whether its dodging or attacking again, Demons Embrace is highly punishable because of how slow it is. And if your example is 100% certain, then its A) a very rare case and extremely lucky and B) is way to impractical and situational to replicate in a tournament.

Oupyz
04-24-2017, 08:23 PM
broken mechanic needs to be fixed and it doesn't happen rarely , happened twice in 1 round withe me and u cannot dodge it because u are hitting him and he just went on to demon embrace instead of getting interrupted .

no need to be biased toward any mechanic , if the a mechanic is broken so it's broken and needs to be fixed with you play shugoki or not ,

the guy above you who play peacekeeper he was whinning to get pk light attack nerfed cause he knew it's broken (CandleIntheDark)

same thing for shugoki , broken mechanic is a broken one

end of discussion

thank you :)

Lumina , didn't i tell you warden will be nerfed ? , u whined for nothing , tomorrow is the day

same thing will happen to a broken mechanic like super armor

9000 player is better than 1 million whiner who understand nothing about the game , no offence for anybody

thank you

CandleInTheDark
04-24-2017, 09:29 PM
First off I wasn't whining, I helped take part in a discussion over my own main. All you have done here, that I can see, is ask for buffs for your character and nerfs for any other you struggle with, so don't go about using my actions to make yours seem any more relevant.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
04-24-2017, 09:43 PM
broken mechanic needs to be fixed and it doesn't happen rarely , happened twice in 1 round withe me and u cannot dodge it because u are hitting him and he just went on to demon embrace instead of getting interrupted .

no need to be biased toward any mechanic , if the a mechanic is broken so it's broken and needs to be fixed with you play shugoki or not ,

the guy above you who play peacekeeper he was whinning to get pk light attack nerfed cause he knew it's broken (CandleIntheDark)

end of discussion

Lumina , didn't i tell you warden will be nerfed ? , u whined for nothing , tomorrow is the day

9000 player is better than 1 million whiner who understand nothing about the game , no offence for anybody

thank you

So you say no offence, right after you try to offend console players and fail to refute a basic argument?

But, either way, feint an attack if you know he's gonna wait for you attack. Boom 60 health gone for free.

Lumina-US
04-24-2017, 09:45 PM

end of discussion

thank youTomorrow isn't happening sh1te Fred, Console players still have more waiting to do for Update 1.06 - second i told you about 3 times already, that i don't rely on using SB that much - in other words, for me it changes next to nothing - and besides, you where the one whining and crying about the Warden's powers to be weakenend, not me - shall i link you to that thread you openend? - **** you!

Oupyz
04-24-2017, 10:22 PM
Lumina do us a favor and stay on console <3

Lumina-US
04-24-2017, 10:24 PM
Lumina do us a favor and stay on console <3Says the PC-Masta-race guy sticking with the "competitive scene", having less than 4k players heh...

Oupyz
04-24-2017, 11:13 PM
3.2k who said 4k =)) , but u know they have a value , Lumina :P hehe ..

kweassa1917
04-24-2017, 11:16 PM
I'd prefer the uninterruptable(UI) be applied individually on a skill basis, rather than just globally.

This is frankly because there are some instances where some Shug skills don't really warrant a UI state at all. People just assume that the Shug is big and slow, and therefore the UI is there to help him land his attacks without being interrupted. But, for example, Shug light attacks aren't particularly slow at all. Some of the best Shugs I've met (that don't abuse the Oni Charge) have this annoying style of fighting that basically times their own light-headbutt attacks or GBs to your incoming light attacks, and there are a lot of times I question why this should be possible.

Other times the UI is also plain strange. Like, when the UI simply ignores Raider's Stampede Charge (sprint+GB button) move.

Flip the coin around, and basically, the current "global" UI isn't exactly fair for the Shugoki either. A prime example is the comparison between the Warlord, which has got base UI set for every heavy attack, and the Shug "global" UI which expires after a hit. As strange as it may sound, You can try using whatever fast double hitting attacks on a Warlord and that's not gonna stop him from cleaving your skull into two with his heavy attack, and it will land. However, for this guy that stands like 8 feet tall and maybe weighs 500 pounds, the UI goes away after one hit, so you swing this massive steel bat towards someone's head, and something like a Orochi or Warden double lights are gonna stop him in his tracks.

WL's got UI set up on a skill basis, and therefore it doesn't get canceled out, but Shug's does, because it applies globally.

In other words, the global UI should be removed from the Shug, and the Shug should be given UI to some of his movesets individually on a skill-by-skill basis which should not be canceled out.

This IMO is a win-win. Some of the grievances the players have when fighting a Shug could be solved if global UI was removed and therefore, their light attacks and GBs can't just ignore through your attacks. However, for the Shug, receiving UI on a skill-basis in most of his other skills, will give him a much more reliable UI that doesn't just cancel out because someone scratched you with a toothpick. If the Shug starts swinging his attacks with the UI, nothing will stop the swing like the WL.

CandleInTheDark
04-24-2017, 11:41 PM
I'd prefer the uninterruptable(UI) be applied individually on a skill basis, rather than just globally.

This is frankly because there are some instances where some Shug skills don't really warrant a UI state at all. People just assume that the Shug is big and slow, and therefore the UI is there to help him land his attacks without being interrupted. But, for example, Shug light attacks aren't particularly slow at all. Some of the best Shugs I've met (that don't abuse the Oni Charge) have this annoying style of fighting that basically times their own light-headbutt attacks or GBs to your incoming light attacks, and there are a lot of times I question why this should be possible.

Other times the UI is also plain strange. Like, when the UI simply ignores Raider's Stampede Charge (sprint+GB button) move.

Flip the coin around, and basically, the current "global" UI isn't exactly fair for the Shugoki either. A prime example is the comparison between the Warlord, which has got base UI set for every heavy attack, and the Shug "global" UI which expires after a hit. As strange as it may sound, You can try using whatever fast double hitting attacks on a Warlord and that's not gonna stop him from cleaving your skull into two with his heavy attack, and it will land. However, for this guy that stands like 8 feet tall and maybe weighs 500 pounds, the UI goes away after one hit, so you swing this massive steel bat towards someone's head, and something like a Orochi or Warden double lights are gonna stop him in his tracks.

WL's got UI set up on a skill basis, and therefore it doesn't get canceled out, but Shug's does, because it applies globally.

In other words, the global UI should be removed from the Shug, and the Shug should be given UI to some of his movesets individually on a skill-by-skill basis which should not be canceled out.

This IMO is a win-win. Some of the grievances the players have when fighting a Shug could be solved if global UI was removed and therefore, their light attacks and GBs can't just ignore through your attacks. However, for the Shug, receiving UI on a skill-basis in most of his other skills, will give him a much more reliable UI that doesn't just cancel out because someone scratched you with a toothpick. If the Shug starts swinging his attacks with the UI, nothing will stop the swing like the WL.

I think a rework in that way would be fair enough. Like I said earlier, i have no part of the shugoki myself, my complaint comes with people who are asking to nerf anything they struggle with while also asking for buffs on their own character then claiming they know what is best for the game in terms of balancing because PC is where it is, and then throwing my name into it on top of that because apparently trying to help balance my own main is whining..

Oupyz
04-24-2017, 11:49 PM

tottaly agree a much better design ++++++ for the dev to implement it

pafarot
04-25-2017, 12:22 AM
The one who is making this thread is a typical generic PC master race who I hate so much but I have to agree with him, shugoki super armour is really annoying. to fight a good shugoki is either you have to bait his light attacks (because he will try to hit you the moment he saw you attacking) and parry his light attacks which is not easy or get super defensive and hoping you get a lucky hit or guardbreak, which is not fun at all.

There is literally nothing you can do to stop his super armour from generating and it is annoying, I know I am complaining but it is worth to be complained about because it is simply a broken mechanic. They say they want this game to be thrilling but with a mechanic like that it's like encourage you to play defensively.

UbiJurassic
04-25-2017, 12:30 AM
We appreciate the feedback, regarding Shugoki and his super armor! Big Shug has been a subject of heated debate for awhile now. We will be keeping a close eye on his performance following patch 1.06.

Armadillo83
04-25-2017, 12:55 AM
I don't even understand what this is supposed to mean. I literally lost brain cells while reading this.