PDA

View Full Version : Peacekeeper's Thick Skin???

Temjinyuy
04-24-2017, 05:23 PM
Why would you give an Assassin class this Feat?!

The only other class that has this feat (that i'm aware of :rolleyes:) is the Warlord, but that is ok because hes a TANK!

Anyone else think that this should be replaced with an alternative skill?

CandleInTheDark
04-24-2017, 05:47 PM
Eh it is about choice and playstyle. As a peacekeeper main, my way of trying to rack up chains is survival first, so I have max defence in and out of revenge and thick skin. Bear in mind that in order to take thick skin, I turned down a flash grenade that would give me free attacks or the passive that has attacks fill my revenge meter.

cragar212
04-24-2017, 07:10 PM
Feats in general are terribly balanced in this game.

Thick skin is OP it gives you like 30% damage reduction or something crazy.

The strongest class in game gets thick skin, catapult, sharp weapons... Gg ubi

Blasto95
04-24-2017, 07:28 PM
Eh it is about choice and playstyle. As a peacekeeper main, my way of trying to rack up chains is survival first, so I have max defence in and out of revenge and thick skin. Bear in mind that in order to take thick skin, I turned down a flash grenade that would give me free attacks or the passive that has attacks fill my revenge meter.

Doesnt the flash grenade also give you a small shield for some defense as well? I never really liked using it because I wasnt able to capitalize with damage from the grenade. And thick skin is just always there.

Blasto95
04-24-2017, 07:30 PM
Feats in general are terribly balanced in this game.

Thick skin is OP it gives you like 30% damage reduction or something crazy.

The strongest class in game gets thick skin, catapult, sharp weapons... Gg ubi

Id love to see this 30% or something crazy damage reduction... Ive used it for a while on PK, I never noticed to much of a difference, its just and easy pick since you dont have to manage cooldowns and its always being put to work.

CandleInTheDark
04-24-2017, 07:34 PM
Doesnt the flash grenade also give you a small shield for some defense as well? I never really liked using it because I wasnt able to capitalize with damage from the grenade. And thick skin is just always there.

I've always used thick skin myself so I am not certain, I was speculating off totally blinds the enemy in the description.

Alustar.
04-24-2017, 09:21 PM
Lol peacekeepers are squishy in general, even with a negligible feat that provides a defensive buff. It literally gives me like 2-3 more light hits. Several classes have hyper armor either passively or activated off certain abilities.
most games I've played that had assassin characters had options that allowed you to make them more defensible to make up for the natural lack in defense. The trade off for this is reduced attack values.

Gray360UK
04-24-2017, 09:52 PM
We need thick skin, have you seen how often we get insulted? ;)

CandleInTheDark
04-24-2017, 10:57 PM
We need thick skin, have you seen how often we get insulted? ;)

LOL >.> Besides, you complain about the peacekeeper, the berserker gets two defence boosts, both also increasing speed and attack. I'd honestly use them both if throwing axe wasn't a consideration :p

CaptainPwnet
04-25-2017, 12:14 AM
Actually Thick Skin makes the PK more tanky than every other class except the heavies, LB, and maybe Raider. It's Incredibly unbalanced and makes no sense for the fastest and one of the most offensively effective characters to have this feat. Revenge attacks is also busted as ****. Allows for easy 1v1 revenges consistently for any class with this feat. Both of those feats are also passive so they are always active. The flash nade on the other hand hits allies and yourself. Is easily avoided and does not guarantee any free attacks or anything.

CandleInTheDark
04-25-2017, 12:20 AM
Yeah the fact I do not run a revenge build and the flash grenade seeming useless was why I went thick skin myself, but as was said above many games give an option to beef up assassins at the cost of attacking prowess, which is represented in not going with the quickened revenge or the grenade (assuming any use for it, again I never used it nor to my memory have been hit by it).

Gray360UK
04-25-2017, 12:22 AM
Actually Thick Skin makes the PK more tanky than every other class except the heavies, LB, and maybe Raider. It's Incredibly unbalanced and makes no sense for the fastest and one of the most offensively effective characters to have this feat. Revenge attacks is also busted as ****. Allows for easy 1v1 revenges consistently for any class with this feat. Both of those feats are also passive so they are always active. The flash nade on the other hand hits allies and yourself. Is easily avoided and does not guarantee any free attacks or anything.

Someone hasn't played PK ... :rolleyes:

bmason1000
04-25-2017, 03:49 AM
LOL >.> Besides, you complain about the peacekeeper, the berserker gets two defence boosts, both also increasing speed and attack. I'd honestly use them both if throwing axe wasn't a consideration :p
For real. I look at fury and the bleed effect one a lot...that axe is just too good. I max feat cooldown specifically to throw as many axes as possible.

Karma_Ghost
04-25-2017, 04:58 AM
Id love to see this 30% or something crazy damage reduction... Ive used it for a while on PK, I never noticed to much of a difference, its just and easy pick since you dont have to manage cooldowns and its always being put to work.

It's 25% damage reduction same as Warlord's Flesh Wound feat. In other words, Thick Skin gives Peacekeeper 150 (+30) effective HP, same as Lawbringer.

CaptainPwnet
04-25-2017, 05:55 AM
It's 25% damage reduction same as Warlord's Flesh Wound feat. In other words, Thick Skin gives Peacekeeper 150 (+30) effective HP, same as Lawbringer.

It's even more OP than just the numbers too. With this feat a PK can survive a number of characters heavies, usually side heavies, when on the final bar of regenerating health. With her speed and ease of disenagaging it becomes incredibly stupid to kill her in a 1v1 situation.