PDA

View Full Version : Raider buff ideas

Desu_Vulthala
04-24-2017, 12:31 AM
So in last dev stream the devs told us that they will buff raider but they don't know how yet. Instead of complaining about it, lets give them some ideas.

I want to get it straight, I do not play raider but I do want to see him buffed.

The idea that I have might be not perfect because of that but I do believe that it's decent.

What I suggest is making a buff revolving around his zone attack. For one, make it take less stam, 3 zones take entire bar, not 2, this way it can be used more freely. On top of it add hyperarmor to it, so it's actually scary. Right now, some heroes don't have to guess what raider will do with zone, go with it, feint it, or go for top light mix up. They can just hit him out of it with their zone or even fast lights, even trash hero like orochi can beat raider like that. So by giving his zone hyper armor people will have to react to it in other ways but hitting raider out of it. Also I suggest making feint window longer on it, but thats more of a add on, because I am not fully aware if the window is good now or not, since I do not play raider.

The other thing that I want to be added is small. I see a lot raiders spin people around after gb, this seem kind of odd because lots of raiders claim that they do not have gb follow up. I am really confused to why they say that, since they can go for forward throw and get free hit off that knock down. Anyways though, on that spin, it would be useful if it would knock down enemies around you. So not the person that raider is spinning, but ones that might be helping that player. This way it can be used as a crowd control tool in 1 v 2 v 3 and v 4. On top of it I want the forward throw into wall into knee to the face do dmg. This way raider has guarantee dmg of that forward throw no matter what.

To recap:
1)Reduce stam drain on zone.
2)Add hyperarmor to zone.
3)Make feint window on zone bigger.
4)Add dmg to knee to the face
5)Add knock down to surrounding enemies that are hit by someone you are spinning.

Tell me what you think guys.

S0Mi_xD
04-24-2017, 02:18 AM
So in last dev stream the devs told us that they will buff raider but they don't know how yet. Instead of complaining about it, lets give them some ideas.

I want to get it straight, I do not play raider but I do want to see him buffed.

The idea that I have might be not perfect because of that but I do believe that it's decent.

What I suggest is making a buff revolving around his zone attack. For one, make it take less stam, 3 zones take entire bar, not 2, this way it can be used more freely. On top of it add hyperarmor to it, so it's actually scary. Right now, some heroes don't have to guess what raider will do with zone, go with it, feint it, or go for top light mix up. They can just hit him out of it with their zone or even fast lights, even trash hero like orochi can beat raider like that. So by giving his zone hyper armor people will have to react to it in other ways but hitting raider out of it. Also I suggest making feint window longer on it, but thats more of a add on, because I am not fully aware if the window is good now or not, since I do not play raider.

The other thing that I want to be added is small. I see a lot raiders spin people around after gb, this seem kind of odd because lots of raiders claim that they do not have gb follow up. I am really confused to why they say that, since they can go for forward throw and get free hit off that knock down. Anyways though, on that spin, it would be useful if it would knock down enemies around you. So not the person that raider is spinning, but ones that might be helping that player. This way it can be used as a crowd control tool in 1 v 2 v 3 and v 4. On top of it I want the forward throw into wall into knee to the face do dmg. This way raider has guarantee dmg of that forward throw no matter what.

To recap:
1)Reduce stam drain on zone.
2)Add hyperarmor to zone.
3)Make feint window on zone bigger.
4)Add dmg to knee to the face
5)Add knock down to surrounding enemies that are hit by someone you are spinning.

Tell me what you think guys.

1. Reducing stam cost on zone - no - why? all zones do cost the same amout (50%) so if you wanna reduce Raiders zone cost, it will happen, that all zones do cost less stamina.
Why it is that bad? Warden, orochi, PK, in general Zonespam.
There must be another way, replacing the zone with another move and the current raider zone, will be an normal unblockable, so he will follow the concept of the kensei abit.

2. Hyperarmor wouldn't be that bad, but HA for an Unblockable would be abit strong, no hero has something like this (shugoki does not count because his HA does work abit different)

3. Faint windows are ok like they are now.

4. Add dmg to the knee into face, that would be really fair but not to much, because the stamina drain is strong.

5.Mhhh knock down would be really harsh/to much, the devs fix such things (future example: shugokis oni-charge)
But a stun like with shoulderbash of warden would be good.

Good Ideas :)

nyrue
04-24-2017, 02:22 AM
I suggest a more disorienting effect on raiders stun hit, this move is absolutely useless, occasionally i'll actually let my opponent hit me with this move so I can parry the impending zone attack they try to follow

Flello
04-24-2017, 03:29 AM
Before the revenge nerf Raider used to be devastating while in revenge mode, not really so much now.

I personally think he should have some kind of unblockable knockback/knockdown like LB, Warlord and Conqueror. I mean, he's a slow hard hitter, in revenge he's kinda useless. With a knockdown at least he can get damage in.

He exceeds in team fights, relying on heavy hits on unaware opponents, but 1v1 he's pants. A knockback could give him an opener like the LB, and potential combo chains. Right now all he can do is feint into a light, which is predictable to skilled opponents.

VanishWolfen
04-24-2017, 10:23 AM
As a Raider main, I have to clarify that you don't get a guarantee heavy after a forward throw. So forward throw is as useless as knee to the face.
- Reduce stamina to his zone maybe too much, but a HA could definitely be useful.
- Knee in the face is pretty useless, you can't even get a safe light after stun them because they have HA when getting up and can free GB you from that. So I suggest make it viable for a heavy after you going all the way to corner the enemy and knee him. Same for forward throw, make Raider recovery faster so he can get a guarantee heavy.

Saurons_blade
04-24-2017, 05:47 PM
The Raider has great potential that is hindered by very tiny issues. He struggles with stamina management, his mind games don't work against fast heroes, his heavy isn't allways guaranteed after throwing someone into a wall, his blockspeed is way to slow. Minor issues like this can absolutely ruin his day. in the moment he is forced to play defensively, despite his aggressive design. And he is pretty bad at playing defensive because of his slow guard switch. Yeah technically he can just parry, but completely relying on parries is not allways possible, especially if you are locked to 30 fps.

Now from a Pc Perspective, I'd just say speed him up. make some of his attacks faster. give him some momentum. make him as scary as he is supposed to be.

From a console perspective though, I don't want him to be fast because of his high damage output and because console players do allready have a hard struggle against PK and Valk.

Giving him priority attacks would make him very OP in my opinion. He would just outperform the warlord and/or shugoki by far.