PDA

View Full Version : Current Revenge mode is perfect, bravo!

BuddyJumps
04-23-2017, 04:32 PM
Actually, I didn't feel any huge differences after the patch 1.05. To me, that's a sign you did a good job on slightly nerving Revenge mode. Now, players are not able to spam attacks wildly anymore(when in revenge), but they can still use the strong activation, which is the main point about Revenge mode. You are able to apply pressure towards your enemies with holding it off for the perfect moment and fight back. Furthermore your parries knock down players, too! Don't go all out. Be a little more strategic.

The people, who are complaining about the nerf of Revenge right now are the same people, who don't use it wisely. Revenge mode needs to be used correctly in order to achieve victory in overwhelming situations. Another tip I can give you is, don't panic, when your are outnumbered and your revenge is ready. Never use the activation when being grabbed (unless you would get thrown off a ledge --> then revenge saves you as kind of a stopper). Instead, wait for the following attacks to occur after the grab push and activate it at the right moment. Remember, that you've got unlimited Stamina, one or two well placed rolls can get you into a better position aswell!

Keep it up, Ubi!
Cheers.

CitizenPuddi
04-23-2017, 05:18 PM
People who is complaining of nerfed Revenge mode is sick about being Gankspamed crushed becouse How it is now Noone is able to win an elimination match when meeting teams that abuse about Nerfed revenge!

There is No Tactic no more
Before patch acctually everyone was begining to play Smart and cautious and gank with strategie to Win!
Now it is a Button Smash Meltdown!

There is a tactic, it's just that people that want old revenge mode back turn a blind eye to it.

Use your own team.

If the enemy is a roaming gank squad, stick with your team.

The enemy has a team, and they use their team as a team in a team-based mode.

This is why they win against people that have a team, but do not use their team as a team in a team-based mode.

You are much more likely to win a 2v3 or a 3v4 than you are a 1v4.

If you get ganked by four people, that's either your fault for not sticking with your team and communicating with your team in a team-based mode-- or it's your team's fault for being stupid and not sticking with their team and communicating with their team in a team-based mode.

CitizenPuddi
04-23-2017, 05:25 PM
Not everyone that play this game have a team with mics etc.
And what u are saying dosnt justify the matter fact that i told before!

You don't even need a mic.

Hell, you don't even need to type anything.

Simply running over to the closest teammate instantly drops your odds of getting 1v4 ganked to 0%, as it will then be a 2v4. Which is much easier than dealing with a 1v4.

Just imagine if both teams stuck together!

It could maybe be a 4v4!

It's an insane and hard-to-grasp concept that one can expect to fight 4v4 in a 4v4 game mode, but just trust me.

It's a thing.

If you have such an aversion to utilizing your team against the enemy team's team in a team-based mode, maybe you shouldn't play team-based modes? 'Cause they're not all about you or your skill. They're about the team, and the team's skill as a team.

S0Mi_xD
04-23-2017, 05:36 PM
Not everyone that play this game have a team with mics etc.
And what u are saying dosnt justify the matter fact that i told before!

OH pls be quiet already.
You and that angel guy spam/cry since some days in this forum about revenge.

Me, doesn't have a mic and not even a chat on console to communicat, just a quick chat.
But still we do manage to find us and help us.
If you are that dumb and running into a group, it's your fault and if you are the last one, you are the last one 4v1 not impossible to win but it also isn't fair if 1 person does beat a squad only because of revenge....

Do you know how it works with button mashing ?
A gooooood player uses strategy in a gank.
A baaaaaad player uses button mash stategy in a gank.

If i am in the gank group i never run straight in, but wait for an oppening because i get interrupt by my teammates or get a blast from revenge and knocked down getting a beating from 1 this one and only person.

Stop spamming this forum and learn to play with stategy.
Revenge befor nerf was the same as your "so much tragic" spam gank
Revenge befor nerf wasn't better than the things you are complaining about.
Revenge BAAAM 2 or one hit people by spamming moves.

Tundra 793
04-23-2017, 05:51 PM
Baaam 1 2hit kill!
So nerfe a little bit the damage of it!
Wheres the problem?
They acctually Make Revenge Useless
Becouse you die after 3or 4 hits

Revenge is not, and was never meant to be a tool players could use, reliably and consistently, to kill enemies in 1v2+ situations. Pre patch there were matches where 1 single Heavy class could fend off the entire enemy team, for minutes on end. That's not what Revenge is supposed to do.

It's meant to give you just a chance in 1v2 engagements, It's not there to gift you a win.

BuddyJumps
04-23-2017, 06:01 PM
People who is complaining of nerfed Revenge mode is sick about being Gankspamed crushed becouse How it is now Noone is able to win an elimination match when meeting teams that abuse about Nerfed revenge!

There is No Tactic no more
Before patch acctually everyone was begining to play Smart and cautious and gank with strategie to Win!
Now it is a Button Smash Meltdown!

I'm a Warden at reputation 27, I play alone 90% of the time, I think, I know what I'm talking about on this subject. You need to work on your basic skills in For Honor, it seems. However, before you do so, work on your grammar first. Thank you.

Tundra 793
04-23-2017, 06:03 PM
I'm... Not complaining? I think Revenge works fine as is.

We've had a strong Revenge, it didn't work, everyone simply used Revenge gear builds and became walking tanks. People were using Revenge left and right, in 1v1 situations as well.

If you're getting ganked so often you think It's a problem, just stick with your team more, or communicate, like Puddi suggested. Or use Revenge to make a tactical retreat. Just because you're getting attacked by more than 2 people doesn't mean you have to stay there, you have legs too.

S0Mi_xD
04-23-2017, 06:14 PM
I'm a Warden at reputation 27, I play alone 90% of the time, I think, I know what I'm talking about on this subject. You need to work on your basic skills in For Honor, it seems. However, before you do so, work on your grammar first. Thank you.

Agree with you guys, revenge is at a quite good spot at the moment.

It maye needs a look in it but currently there are much more important issues, which need some work.

BuddyJumps
04-23-2017, 06:31 PM
You missed thread man!
Go pro with your rep 27 warden uuuuuuh...
Im totally freezed !

? I didn't miss anything. I think, you forgot to put actual arguments into your replies making you look extremely childish. Anyways, thank you for derailing my thread, it's always a pleasure watching people make a fool of themselves.

I'm ignoring the rest of your senseless post, which was rather provocative.

ImTiredOfU
04-24-2017, 12:49 AM
Perfect really it made the game boring and easy. If you are honestly I'm with the nerf then you obviosly like easy wins. Here's the truth no one and I mean no skilled player thought revenge was perfect before. We knew it needed tweaked but not this. Most of the issues didn't change after the nerf. Only thing changed is my berserker can spam r2 in a group and smash without penalty. The game takes less skill now as it's group up and spam r2. If all 4 teamates run into their deths 's 1 person then guess what you were mindlessly smashing r2 at the same time. Even if that revenge dude killed the other 3 if you wait till his revenge runs out and boom no advatage if you lose at that point you sucked. See the problem wasn't revenge it was op classes which guess what still op after nerf. tank meta is a problem. Attack power was an issue not defense. Gain was an issue not revenge. Anyone saying this didn't make the game easier is full of **** and for some of us that didn't have issue before the game became too easy therefore boring very very boring. Group up smash r2 smash r2 smash r2 smash r2 win game. My rep1 zerker has no problem smashing r2 and topping the charts. Just sad I hope the being back some of the uniqueness this game had before the baddies cried about not being able to zerg spam r2 mindlessly.

nyrue
04-24-2017, 12:59 AM
I don't know why people are Complaining about revenge mode, fighting an opponent with revenge without revenge there is little difference, parry>Guard Break> heavy attack . the only characters who truly benefit from revenge are those with knock down attacks such as warlord warden conq, and even then all you have too do is dodge, which is only a problem with the warlord

CitizenPuddi
04-24-2017, 01:07 AM
I don't know why people are Complaining about revenge mode, fighting an opponent with revenge without revenge there is little difference, parry>Guard Break> heavy attack . the only characters who truly benefit from revenge are those with knock down attacks such as warlord warden conq, and even then all you have too do is dodge, which is only a problem with the warlord

It's mostly because people don't like change.

ImTiredOfU
04-24-2017, 01:08 AM
What's sad zig is they honestly believe this takes more skill and team play when in reality had the group worked as a team before nerf they wouldn't have been wiped. No and I mean no you hear me no revenge build consitantly 1v4 skilled players if ever without major luck. Key word skilled player. See that's what tends to be left out before nerf skilled players didn't have trouble with revenge so they didn't get smashed by 1 dude. I didn't have trouble with revenge before and now any difficulty is gone. So to say revenge is perfect is a lie flat out but seems like people won't be happy till this game is just like all other hack n slash.

S0Mi_xD
04-24-2017, 01:19 AM

Yep you are right.
(Btw it's funny and annoying at the same time, because those people who are complaining about revenge and being ganked up and spammed, those people now gank up in this forum and spam it with there cries. . . it's rather pathetic, especialy how extremly offensive they are)

Sure removing the stack of Atk/Def stats with Rev.Atk/def AND cuting revenge stats that hard was abit to much, but currently revenge isn't useless, not in termes like those "crybabies" imply it.
Sooner or later Ubi will adjust revenge, but whats the point in behaving like cave mans, even worse.

Tundra 793
04-24-2017, 01:40 AM
Oh my... i cant believe it!
So why dont you just admit it rather than deny it ?
However dont need to awnser me becouse i appreciate do dont write you again!

Fine, I'll answer for him.

He's got nothing he needs to admit to. Thinking Revenge works better, or perfectly now doesn't mean additional balancing can't be done, to further improve upon it.

There exists a point in adjusting the stats of the game between "OP" and "Nerfed"; Balancing.

S0Mi_xD
04-24-2017, 01:53 AM
Fine, I'll answer for him.

He's got nothing he needs to admit to. Thinking Revenge works better, or perfectly now doesn't mean additional balancing can't be done, to further improve upon it.

There exists a point in adjusting the stats of the game between "OP" and "Nerfed"; Balancing.

Give this man/woman, let's say human, a cookie! :o

At least one person who reads the comments befor posting and answer.

Thanks.

ImTiredOfU
04-24-2017, 02:28 AM
That's the problem you guys are on here saying it's perfect and it's not. In fine that attack power was cut down but defense was unessisary. They needed to fix the broken characters to fix most of the issues not defense. You people that keep saying its perfect are the problem because it's not. Admit it or not 4v4 is nothing more than a gank squad. This game was different in the fact you could punish bad team work 2 ways. If you team didn't work together then you would be 4v1 this is were uniqueness came in. If the team got cocky and threw caution out and spam attacked they got punished. There is a clear counter to revenge there is no denying that. But now as soon as it's 4v1 team work is now throw out. Before It was like fighting threw a board to get to the boss and your group had to be careful and use skill now it's like you walked up on the boss and he is asleep. No fun. Sorry that what was fun a skilled player was like the finale human played boss. No other game had that. Do you guys fully grasp the concept that was destroyed this patch. Why change this it was a blend of pvp with pve style fighting. Yeah revenge was strong but it wasn't invicible as people make it out to be pre nerf. A really cool concept has been hurt here that no other game had by this nerf. I liked finding that last skilled player alive hunting them down it was like a surprise powered boss to beat with your team. Get that a challenge. I don't care that we stomped the group to get to that point the last fight if they were skilled was intense. That is completely gone now. So say it's still use full if you want but the unique concept of what is was is gone in its current form other than to troll 4v1 by running out the clock. Oh the fun.

CitizenPuddi
04-24-2017, 02:33 AM
That's the problem you guys are on here saying it's perfect and it's not. In fine that attack power was cut down but defense was unessisary. They needed to fix the broken characters to fix most of the issues not defense. You people that keep saying its perfect are the problem because it's not. Admit it or not 4v4 is nothing more than a gank squad. This game was different in the fact you could punish bad team work 2 ways. If you team didn't work together then you would be 4v1 this is were uniqueness came in. If the team got cocky and threw caution out and spam attacked they got punished. There is a clear counter to revenge there is no denying that. But now as soon as it's 4v1 team work is now throw out. Before It was like fighting threw a board to get to the boss and your group had to be careful and use skill now it's like you walked up on the boss and he is asleep. No fun. Sorry that what was fun a skilled player was like the finale human played boss. No other game had that. Do you guys fully grasp the concept that was destroyed this patch. Why change this it was a blend of pvp with pve style fighting. Yeah revenge was strong but it wasn't invicible as people make it out to be pre nerf. A really cool concept has been hurt here that no other game had by this nerf. I liked finding that last skilled player alive hunting them down it was like a surprise powered boss to beat with your team. Get that a challenge. I don't care that we stomped the group to get to that point the last fight if they were skilled was intense. That is completely gone now. So say it's still use full if you want but the unique concept of what is was is gone in its current form other than to troll 4v1 by running out the clock. Oh the fun.

ok

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
04-24-2017, 03:22 AM
Before patch there was a certain balance in the game!

I still 1v2 and 1v3 consistently, so I really don't know what you're talking about.

S0Mi_xD
04-24-2017, 03:24 AM

At first please subdivide your text.... it is unreadable in this state.

2. revenge was never meant to be a god mode.

3. most ppl here cry about revenge and getting the old one back, so they want the god mode but they are wrong in this game if it is this case.

4. 4v1 is a hard task but i do repeat myself here again, you are not supposed to eliminate the your opponents full team by your own.
This thought of being able to handle a 4v1 without any problems is so arrogant and ignorant.

And at least, the current revenge mode is NOT the final version, they will adjust it over time. So please, stop it, spaming everyone with those useless complaints....

Tundra 793
04-24-2017, 04:20 AM
Admit it or not 4v4 is nothing more than a gank squad. This game was different in the fact you could punish bad team work 2 ways. If you team didn't work together then you would be 4v1 this is were uniqueness came in. If the team got cocky and threw caution out and spam attacked they got punished.

This right here, is the flaw in yours, and the other "reverse the nerf" peoples argument.

As Somi pointed out, you were never supposed to be able to take on more than 1 opponent at a time and just expect Revenge to carry you to victory. It wasn't designed to do that, people just took advantage of faulty game design, and now they can't really see beyond it.

Good teamwork is banding together to kill the enemies. It's the whole point of a 4v4 game mode, that you don't fight alone.

I once saw me and my whole team spend the better part of 10 minutes trying to kill 1 Lawbringer in 108 Revenge gear. That might have been intense, it may have been fun, but that was never what Revenge was supposed to do.

ImTiredOfU
04-24-2017, 06:22 AM
This right here, is the flaw in yours, and the other "reverse the nerf" peoples argument.

As Somi pointed out, you were never supposed to be able to take on more than 1 opponent at a time and just expect Revenge to carry you to victory. It wasn't designed to do that, people just took advantage of faulty game design, and now they can't really see beyond it.

Good teamwork is banding together to kill the enemies. It's the whole point of a 4v4 game mode, that you don't fight alone.

I once saw me and my whole team spend the better part of 10 minutes trying to kill 1 Lawbringer in 108 Revenge gear. That might have been intense, it may have been fun, but that was never what Revenge was supposed to do.

I really don't understand what the deal is with people against a game being different for once and giving the 1v4 a fighting chance. Revenge has many counters and promoted coordinated team work now you can get by simple smashing r2 and 1v4 pointless unless you a turtle meta which lets be honest is what was broke before and still is. Why can't we have a game fun for the winners and losers instead of 1v4 being insta death. The current state is bad for the loser ever time with no chance. Why is it you should be guaranteed a win 1/3,4 with no challenge just because that's how it always is. That's lame as ****. Those fights made this game interesting and had they just left the defense alone it would have been fine after the legitimate **** like double dipping was fixed and the turtle meta.

Tundra 793
04-24-2017, 06:44 AM
I really don't understand what the deal is with people against a game being different for once and giving the 1v4 a fighting chance. Revenge has many counters and promoted coordinated team work now you can get by simple smashing r2 and 1v4 pointless unless you a turtle meta which lets be honest is what was broke before and still is. Why can't we have a game fun for the winners and losers instead of 1v4 being insta death. The current state is bad for the loser ever time with no chance. Why is it you should be guaranteed a win 1/3,4 with no challenge just because that's how it always is. That's lame as ****. Those fights made this game interesting and had they just left the defense alone it would have been fine after the legitimate **** like double dipping was fixed and the turtle meta.

To summarize your argument; For Honor should have Revenge work in such a way, a player has a legitimate perhaps very likely chance of winning 1v4 engagements, and you want this because you believe it makes it more fun for everyone? Correct me if I'm wrong.

The short answer, is that For Honor was designed as a more competitive game. It's meant to pit players against each other, on equal grounds and see who's the best.
Having a Revenge mode that lets people solo 2+ players, is directly contradicting For Honor's core gameplay mechanics and theme.

Why is it you should be guaranteed a win 1/3,4 with no challenge just because that's how it always is.

I mean, your train of thought here genuinely baffles me. Why shouldn't you be guaranteed a win if you gang up on 1 player with a whole team? That's 4 times as many weapons, positions and abilities as the 1 unlucky guy alone has. Why should a magic game mechanic step in here and save you?

ImTiredOfU
04-24-2017, 06:47 AM
At first please subdivide your text.... it is unreadable in this state.

2. revenge was never meant to be a god mode.

3. most ppl here cry about revenge and getting the old one back, so they want the god mode but they are wrong in this game if it is this case.

4. 4v1 is a hard task but i do repeat myself here again, you are not supposed to eliminate the your opponents full team by your own.
This thought of being able to handle a 4v1 without any problems is so arrogant and ignorant.

And at least, the current revenge mode is NOT the final version, they will adjust it over time. So please, stop it, spaming everyone with those useless complaints....

Come on seriously no one want the old revenge how it was but to nerf it by simply saying stats don't stack was dumb. I mean leave it like it was a change revenge attack power stat to something else. Honestly everything is fine besides some tweaking but defense that was a big mistake. Nothing wrong with 1v4 winning if it's lack of teamwork. I'm against 1v4 winning by exploiting hero mechanics. This game has a chance to be fun for winners and losers without making people rage quit because of no hope. Can we please stop with the well no other have let's you 1v4 and except diffrence for once.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
04-24-2017, 05:23 PM

In a 1v4 you still have a fighting chance, although it is very slim as it should be. I 1v4 every now and then.

If they spam R2 and win, that's an awareness issue on your part, I parry most any R2 that gets thrown at me in a gank situation. Naturally I miss a few but that's not a game problem, that's a me problem.

You should be playing defensive against multiple people regardless, If you try to attack mindlessly of course you're gonna be hit.

If you have a problem with ganks just roll with your own team and make interesting team fights. It's a 4v4 mode, not a 1v4 mode.