PDA

View Full Version : To ALL who think this game is broken

iPlaySavageAF
04-23-2017, 04:07 PM
First and foremost, thank you Ubisoft and all who participated in creating this game. This is a fun and great game when we are able to play.

The only problem I see with this game is the high volume of disconnects, that's about it. I strongly recommend addressing this as soon as possible. Many players are getting frustrated and end up just switching to another game and you will lose a lot of fan base because of this. Not sure what the problem is, I understand your mesh topology for P2P connection. Some days are REALLY bad compared to others, not sure whats going on. I do know that transparency and communication to the public is always a plus. Maybe explain what you think the issue is and plans to address it?

Next, to all the warriors who cry, complain, whine, and say how this game is broken... The only thing broken is your skill, ability to adapt and overcome challenges.

"I cant parry, I cant guard break, this character is too OP, dominion is just a bunch of spamming "ganking" newbs".

First off, a lot of us can parry and GB just fine, go practice with the AI bots, get your timing down. That's why they have "How to Play" section, and AI. Go practice. Don't do it in a dominion game.

Secondly, "dominion is a bunch of spamming, ganking newbs". How about you read the battle field, assess the situation and adapt to what's going on around you. If you see a 4v4 battle playing out right in front of you. Don't just fly in and start attacking not expect to get double teamed or triple team.

Some advice.

Pull back, look at your teammates, and use "R"T to toggle your view on a different enemy. Jump in and jump out of battles.
If you are locked on with an opponent and you are near his teammates, don't start attacking.. Try and draw him farther away from his team, separate him from the pack. This is a team match, use your team.

Next, "these characters are too OP, omg I cant block or parry, they constantly spam"
Its a given that some characters are more favorable against other characters. In my opinion, I do really well as a PK, Valk, Berserker against heavy's or shield. However, I am extremely horrible as a Conqueror or shogoki when playing against PK's, Valk's (fast attack characters)

This game is not designed to allow you to MANUALLY block every single attack every time. You need to set your guard and hope their next strike hits your guard (pay attention to their game play, many players are repetitive, you will notice a patter, adapt to it).
Advice, set your guard for one direction (left) and be ready to dodge to the right. This allows you to cover 2 out of 3 attack zones.

I could go on and on and on, but this should be for "Combat Strategy"

Overall, this game is fun, the only problem I see is the high volume of disconnecting. Its aggravating and causing players to switch games. This isn't an "anomaly" or a "coincidence". This is frequent, repetitive.

I enjoy this game as many of us do.

Much respect to the developers, creators, and Ubisoft.

I recently bought an Xbox, specifically for this game.

CandleInTheDark
04-23-2017, 04:33 PM
According to the last warrior's den, the patch rolling out next week for pc and in theory in two weeks for consoles (their infographic the week before said two weeks or three weeks from then but we'll see) is mainly focussed on connection issues with the aim of making connections between players more resilient and in asking the game to share less between them, so hopefully that does a chunk towards it. Other than that, yeah I think they are doing well, some characters started broken or behind the curve but they are fixing it.

iPlaySavageAF
04-23-2017, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the info!

Lumina-US
04-23-2017, 04:43 PM
I recently bought an Xbox, specifically for this game.Congratulations - all to soon, you may sell your Xbox, specifically for (resp. because of) this game.

XBOX ONE is, even with the fastest and most stable internet in the country, the platform where "For Honor" get's the most disconnects on, yet all the devs seem to care for lately, is to cater to the likes and dislikes of the PeeC-players, playing this "game".

So welcome to DC-Hell my friend - let's see for how long your positive mood is going to last - i'll give it another week - max.

CandleInTheDark
04-23-2017, 04:52 PM
Congratulations - all to soon, you may sell your Xbox, specifically for (resp. because of) this game.

XBOX ONE is even with the fastest and most stable internet in the country, the platform where "For Honor" get's the most disconnects on.

So welcome to DC-Hell my friend - let's see for how long your positive mood is going to last - i'll give it another week - max.

If people are still using dvr then they are part of the problem and that wasn't ubi's making, that was microsoft's last update and the devs are actively working on that. Connection has been getting better as it is, I've gone from can't do 2v2 to can get through a bunch of 4v4 at once, sometimes it is worse than others but there have been improvements and hopefully with the patch coming it will be better still.

Lumina-US
04-23-2017, 04:57 PM
If people are still using dvr then they are part of the problem and that wasn't ubi's making, that was microsoft's last update and the devs are actively working on that. Connection has been getting better as it is, I've gone from can't do 2v2 to can get through a bunch of 4v4 at once, sometimes it is worse than others but there have been improvements and hopefully with the patch coming it will be better still.What the smurf... ?

I have DVR functions turned off since 2013 dude (because i simply don't care for having anything recorded for keeping or else) first on the normal ONE and ever since it's reslease, now on the S - stop white-knighting Ubisoft like that please, it is not MS doing, nor their fault - nice try though...

corazondedelfin
04-23-2017, 04:59 PM
The only thing broken is your skill, ability to adapt and overcome challenges.

It has been a long long time I didnt post in the forum (how are you going guys, I hope you do well, hello Gray & Samurai cool man :))...

But I read this, and I must say something:

ADAPT TO A DISCONNECTION, ASSH*LE. Oh wait, you cant.

CandleInTheDark
04-23-2017, 05:01 PM
I am not white knighting, note that I said if people are using that, and evidently some are, there are game recordings that come from that, I don't use it either but I would bet some do. Also note that I have said yes there are disconnect issues, I haven't said I don;t have any, what I have said is that they have been getting better and hopefully they get better with the next patch.

iPlaySavageAF
04-23-2017, 05:11 PM
When the term "broken" is referenced in gameplay, it is typically referencing character abilities, traits, something that is unfair or uneven. My comment is addressing to players who think the game is "unfair" for certain chars.

I agree with you, you cannot adapt to a disconnection.

iPlaySavageAF
04-23-2017, 05:13 PM
It has been a long long time I didnt post in the forum (how are you going guys, I hope you do well, hello Gray & Samurai cool man :))...

But I read this, and I must say something:

ADAPT TO A DISCONNECTION, ASSH*LE. Oh wait, you cant.

When the term "broken" is referenced in gameplay, it is typically referencing character abilities, traits, something that is unfair or uneven. My comment is addressing to players who think the game is "unfair" for certain chars.

Hillbill79
04-23-2017, 05:19 PM

Not strictly true.

You can restrict your Nat to yellow, which gets rid of most of the DC problems. Improvise, adapt, overcome lol :)

iPlaySavageAF
04-23-2017, 05:21 PM
In my experience, I have the most disconnects in 4v4 dominion (PvP) or Skirmish 4v4 (PvP). When the disconnects get really bad, I switch to 1v1 duel or 2v2 brawl until it clams down.
I still have fun regardless.

DrExtrem
04-23-2017, 05:21 PM
If people are still using dvr then they are part of the problem and that wasn't ubi's making, that was microsoft's last update and the devs are actively working on that. Connection has been getting better as it is, I've gone from can't do 2v2 to can get through a bunch of 4v4 at once, sometimes it is worse than others but there have been improvements and hopefully with the patch coming it will be better still.

So ... its the platforms fault, if the designer is not able to make the game run in It. I would be on your side, if we were talking about an xbox or playstation 2.

The platform has a feature. The feature is known. Adjust your design to work with the feature. If you can not make it work, don't publish the game on that console. Problem solved.

@ te.

Your "combat strategy" is called guessing. Its not a strategy, its crossing your fingers and hoping for the best.

You are doing well as the heroes, you have problems fighting. And you have a problem, blocking their light attacks. Tip - its not going to get better, because light attacks on console are too fast to react to because of a combination of reasons.

RatedChaotic
04-23-2017, 05:22 PM
I have completed every order in the last 2 days with 0 disconnects and no issues what so ever. Game is broken? Ya ok....sure it is. Multiplayer may have issues but overall its not broken.

iPlaySavageAF
04-23-2017, 05:23 PM
Not strictly true.

You can restrict your Nat to yellow, which gets rid of most of the DC problems. Improvise, adapt, overcome lol :)

Hey HillBill79, can you guide me where that setting is? Does it resolve the disconnect issues for you? Or do you still get disconnects even with this setting in place?

Hillbill79
04-23-2017, 05:27 PM
What platform are you on?

I'm PC, yellow NAT I rarely get disconnects.... the ones I do get, tend to be either VS Ai, or because of Anti Cheat software detecting security failures among other players.

I was green NAT initially and had a lot of DC's..... it changed to yellow on its own after a maintenance ... and the DC's stopped for the most part.

Hey HillBill79, can you guide me where that setting is? Does it resolve the disconnect issues for you? Or do you still get disconnects even with this setting in place?

JayyRupp
04-23-2017, 05:29 PM
First and foremost, thank you Ubisoft and all who participated in creating this game. This is a fun and great game when we are able to play.

The only problem I see with this game is the high volume of disconnects, that's about it. I strongly recommend addressing this as soon as possible. Many players are getting frustrated and end up just switching to another game and you will lose a lot of fan base because of this. Not sure what the problem is, I understand your mesh topology for P2P connection. Some days are REALLY bad compared to others, not sure whats going on. I do know that transparency and communication to the public is always a plus. Maybe explain what you think the issue is and plans to address it?

Next, to all the warriors who cry, complain, whine, and say how this game is broken... The only thing broken is your skill, ability to adapt and overcome challenges.

"I cant parry, I cant guard break, this character is too OP, dominion is just a bunch of spamming "ganking" newbs".

First off, a lot of us can parry and GB just fine, go practice with the AI bots, get your timing down. That's why they have "How to Play" section, and AI. Go practice. Don't do it in a dominion game.

Secondly, "dominion is a bunch of spamming, ganking newbs". How about you read the battle field, assess the situation and adapt to what's going on around you. If you see a 4v4 battle playing out right in front of you. Don't just fly in and start attacking not expect to get double teamed or triple team.

Some advice.

Pull back, look at your teammates, and use "R"T to toggle your view on a different enemy. Jump in and jump out of battles.
If you are locked on with an opponent and you are near his teammates, don't start attacking.. Try and draw him farther away from his team, separate him from the pack. This is a team match, use your team.

Next, "these characters are too OP, omg I cant block or parry, they constantly spam"
Its a given that some characters are more favorable against other characters. In my opinion, I do really well as a PK, Valk, Berserker against heavy's or shield. However, I am extremely horrible as a Conqueror or shogoki when playing against PK's, Valk's (fast attack characters)

This game is not designed to allow you to MANUALLY block every single attack every time. You need to set your guard and hope their next strike hits your guard (pay attention to their game play, many players are repetitive, you will notice a patter, adapt to it).
Advice, set your guard for one direction (left) and be ready to dodge to the right. This allows you to cover 2 out of 3 attack zones.

Overall, this game is fun, the only problem I see is the high volume of disconnecting. Its aggravating and causing players to switch games. This isn't an "anomaly" or a "coincidence". This is frequent, repetitive.

This post is hilarious. It's obvious you don't know anything about fighters or their mechanics. Now your slapdash opinions will be viewed by everyone. Congrats. I think I'll pass on advice from someone who's never played a fighting game.

CandleInTheDark
04-23-2017, 05:34 PM
This post is hilarious. It's obvious you don't know anything about fighters or their mechanics. Now your slapdash opinions will be viewed by everyone. Congrats. I think I'll pass on advice from someone who's never played a fighting game.

When you are in a team mode, it is a team pvp, it is no less a team pvp than the likes of Destiny just because it lacks guns, it is still two teams of players and if one player goes off solo and goes against the whole other team by themselves they will still die, and should do for bad team play. What OP said is basically team pvp 101.

iPlaySavageAF
04-23-2017, 05:36 PM

@JayyRupp, maybe you can show me the mechanics? Gamertag "iPlay Savage AF" on xbox one.

I am confident with atleast 5 chars. Let me know, if you have time to show me the mechanics, and how you feel this game is broken. Maybe you can pick an "OP" Char, and ill see what I can do.

iPlaySavageAF
04-23-2017, 05:44 PM
What platform are you on?

I'm PC, yellow NAT I rarely get disconnects.... the ones I do get, tend to be either VS Ai, or because of Anti Cheat software detecting security failures among other players.

I was green NAT initially and had a lot of DC's..... it changed to yellow on its own after a maintenance ... and the DC's stopped for the most part.

Xbox One

Hillbill79
04-23-2017, 05:49 PM
Not sure how to do it on xbox... there are a lot of vids about, showing how to open your nat. So it will be something along them lines..

Home screen - settings - network.... then you do something in there.

Xbox One

Lumina-US
04-23-2017, 06:27 PM
I have completed every order in the last 2 days with 0 disconnects and no issues what so ever. Game is broken? Ya ok....sure it is. Multiplayer may have issues but overall its not broken.Switch to the XBOX ONE version for just a day and you'll NEVER EVER say that again.

Todays orders (6 in total) which can be actually done in less than 1 hour, literally took me a total of 6 and a half hours to complete, because of that many dc's and re-lobbying !!! - and as said about a 350 times already, no it is NOT my internet - it's sh1tload expensive, super fast and stable with an all green NAT.

So how are you going to DEFEND that? - you're welcome.

Hillbill79
04-23-2017, 06:38 PM
Tried yellow yet? No?...... ah....

My internet is the best you can get in the UK..... 220mbs download..... I still run yellow... and for a good reason.

Youre willing to waste 6 hours running green nat, but not willing to spend a couple of mins to try yellow.............really don't understand your mentality mate.

Suck on it then I guess :)

Switch to the XBOX ONE version for just a day and you'll NEVER EVER say that again.

Todays orders (6 in total) which can be actually done in less than 1 hour, literally took me a total of 6 and a half hours to complete, because of that many dc's and re-lobbying !!! - and as said about a 350 times already, no it is NOT my internet - it's sh1tload expensive, super fast and stable with an all green NAT.

So how are you going to DEFEND that? - you're welcome.

DrExtrem
04-23-2017, 07:12 PM
Download rates mean nothing.

Connection, number of intermediate routers, and the distance to the next data center are more important.

Hillbill79
04-23-2017, 07:16 PM
I'm 0.7 miles from the data exchange, running fibre cable.

I'm linked directly to it.

Download rates mean nothing.

Connection, number of intermediate routers, and the distance to the next data center are more important.

Lumina-US
04-23-2017, 07:29 PM

I'm linked directly to it.The only thing you can suck on, is your elitist behaviour - your attitude clearly tells me that you must be a PC player.

DrExtrem
04-23-2017, 07:58 PM

I'm linked directly to it.

Good for you ...

Still ... of your provider send your signal over to grønland, because it os cheaper and the other cables are blocked, your .7 miles can become very, very long.

Hillbill79
04-23-2017, 08:07 PM
I do have a PC, and nothing elitist about it....im suggesting ways for others to lower their DC rate ( rather than whining for someone else to fix your issue), nothing else.

I also have a console.... but cant play it anymore due to a thumb injury/operation which left me without full mobility of my left thumb.

The only thing you can suck on, is your elitist behaviour - your attitude clearly tells me that you must be a PC player.

Hillbill79
04-23-2017, 08:09 PM
Its fibre optic dude, doesn't work that way.

Good for you ...

Still ... of your provider send your signal over to grønland, because it os cheaper and the other cables are blocked, your .7 miles can become very, very long.

DrExtrem
04-23-2017, 08:19 PM
Its fibre optic dude, doesn't work that way.

Sure ... because all the routers, that are processing your signal on the way are working at the speed of light as well.

Hint: Fiber optic only means, that the signal on your house is passed on by fibre optics as well. What do you think? That our signals' are passed on by coach or smoke signals?

Aarpian
04-24-2017, 12:06 PM

Some advice.

You're a **** player with a hasty, ill-thought-out set of opinions that you - in your self-absorbed, egotistical bubble - fail to recognise doesn't apply to the vast majority of the players because they've, you know, actually played the ****ing game for longer than a week.

The game isn't broken at your turd-munching level, it's broken at the high end where people have been playing since release or before that in the alphas, tech tests and betas. You know when I and the host of other people who have dropped this game had fun? When we were terrible at it.

But no, please, go on about how we all need to git gud and learn to adapt, teach us how to block (apparently you can't reaction block everything). I'm sure it's easy to see what the problems are from that high horse you're perched up, even though your head is jammed firmly up your own ***.