PDA

View Full Version : Imagine league, overwatch, or csgo.

yenboi3025
04-23-2017, 04:35 AM
Without ranked.

Seriously.

Without any kind of meaningful progression...I don't know what to tell ya. In 2017, to make a game which is, at its core, a fighting game and not have ranked?

I....I love you ubisoft.

Or rather I love your pitchmen. They come up with the most badass concepts.

And then you have to reach from point A to B...

bmason1000
04-23-2017, 04:49 AM
I don't see the issue. Maybe it's because I'm not competitive by nature? I'm having an absolute blast playing this game without comparing myself to other peoples numbers.

bmason1000
04-23-2017, 04:54 AM
I also don't know what league or csgo is? Were they strictly rank based? Fair warning, the last time i played an online ranked game was halo 2 on the original xbox so im also really out of touch with the modern online community.

Herbstlicht
04-23-2017, 10:15 AM
Hm, ranked modes are a good thing, they deliver another way to progress, to compare and so on. For Honor so can - or could - be "bigger" due to catering to a very large and diverse group of players. I mean it is obviously played by young ones - and by pretty old ones as well. Kinda everyone who is into sword fighting & games at least tried out the game, though many left. But not due to the matchmaking - the game is hard and unforgiving so you need (!) to put in some hours to learn it if you want to have fun.

So in the end, i really think a ranked mode is needed for the long run, otherwise the game won't live through the year. But it needs more maybe.

DrExtrem
04-23-2017, 10:24 AM
Atm ranked mode would be like "mammae on a hanar" ... so to speak.

As long as there are easily exploitable heroes and mechanics, ranked modes would be disastrous. And I am not even taking the connection issues, horrible matchmaking and toxicity (rage quitting) into account.

From a casuals point of view, I would love to see ranked modes sooner than later, because right now, the very good players are feeding off the average and bad players like vampires.

XImohtephXX
04-23-2017, 10:29 AM
Atm ranked mode would be like "mammae on a hanar" ... so to speak.

As long as there are easily exploitable heroes and mechanics, ranked modes would be disastrous. And I am not even taking the connection issues, horrible matchmaking and toxicity (rage quitting) into account.

From a casuals point of view, I would love to see ranked modes sooner than later, because right now, the very good players are feeding off the average and bad players like vampires.

This pretty much summed up the reasons it wouldn't work in the current state. At a certain point it would become mandatory to play high tier characters and to abuse exploits. This is hardly a measure of actual skill.