PDA

View Full Version : win 10 creator's update

teksuo1
04-22-2017, 11:25 PM
Game runs much less smoothly since the creator's update on windows 10 pro x64.
I used to play with everything on max except dynamic reflections & motion blur ; now i got to turn off ambient occlusion also for decent gameplay.

On top of that, my Xbox Elite controller can't be configured anymore ; the xbox accessories app crashes when i click configure :mad: (i did try to reinstall it)

If you can avoid or delay this feature update ; i suggest you do.

i'm pissed ; go from pleasant experience to terrible with a simple OS automatic update... FU microsoft.

*edit* fixed both issues! yusss back to spilling blood on the battlefield! :cool:

UbiNoty
04-23-2017, 12:56 AM
If you'd like to try reaching out to support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315) they may be able to help see if there's any solutions they can offer you. Is anybody else having problems after the win10 update?

teksuo1
04-23-2017, 05:06 AM
it's not on ubisoft's end so I won't bother them.

-The xbox utilities app is down to 1 star from ppl not being able to click configure after creator's update. nothing to do but wait for an update I suppose. (at least my last successful config is stored on the controller.)

-as far as performances go, i'm just done reinstalling win10 from scratch and currently downloading/applying creator's update on the fresh install. in case something weird happened when I applied it on an old installation.

*crossing fingers*
will update results when I'm done installing everything and the game...

teksuo1
04-23-2017, 02:56 PM
Okay got it all figured out now!

Creator's update instantly ruins the performances even on a fresh install.
After reading about and trying many different suggestions from other people who had issues with creator's update, one solution ended up working flawlessly:

Stop and Disable the service "Connected User Experiences and Telemetry" and reboot.

Back to silky smooth gameplay with settings maxed! :cool:

as for the xbox accessories app controller configuration ; it does still work but now requires to be logged onto your xbox account for some reason. (otherwise it'll crash without any message when clicking "configure")

Hopefully this can help somebody else with performance issues after finally jumping in on the creator's update and it's almighty game-mode.