PDA

View Full Version : The Most Toxic Community?

Kraxers
04-22-2017, 04:21 PM
Greetings
I am playing for honor since beta and community is the worst Ive ever seen tbh. I have 1000 h on cs go and it is known for its toxic russian players or any other toxic players. But at for honor people are always raging calling you noob spammer etc etc no matter what you play. I cant play without disabling text chat and when I do its kinda boring like playing single player.
What do you think about this matter?

Liv3rp00l
04-22-2017, 04:35 PM
I agree that it's a toxic community. But to be honest, it's not the game nor the developer's fault. You have to look at the target demograph, and also understand that games are a microcosm of the society in which we live as a whole.

It's pretty clear that the targeted audience for this game is 18 - 35 year old males who have the time to play and/or make the time, have the money to spend on it and are also interested in the medieval / competitive aspect.

What does this create? A tonne of testosterone induced rage from the competitive nature of the game itself. Is this an excuse? No it's not, I agree that we need to change something as a community. But what I am saying, is that you shouldn't let it get to you. Because 90% of people in-game are hormonal tw*ts doesn't mean that everybody is. Stick at it and just enjoy yourself.

Let the aggro go over your head and pay it no attention.

TheLastPandaa
04-22-2017, 04:57 PM
I think is a common thing on fighting pvp games.
Despite that, i have met very nice people playing for honor so far. In fact yesterday i met a very nice dueler. We became friends and we spent 2 hours dueling together learning from each other and having fun.

My point is that there is not only toxic players here, there are also vergy good people.

Hillbill79
04-22-2017, 06:42 PM
Problem is, the toxic ones make themselves known, loud and clearly..... the non toxic players are more friendly and quiet... they don't feel the need to shout it for all to hear.

So you will always hear more from the toxic guys,.

CitizenPuddi
04-22-2017, 06:51 PM
Heh, you think this is bad, you should've seen the League of Legends forums a few years back.

Now that was some grade A cancer.

kweassa1917
04-22-2017, 08:30 PM
Greetings
I am playing for honor since beta and community is the worst Ive ever seen tbh. I have 1000 h on cs go and it is known for its toxic russian players or any other toxic players. But at for honor people are always raging calling you noob spammer etc etc no matter what you play. I cant play without disabling text chat and when I do its kinda boring like playing single player.

LOL...

Friend, if you think this forum and community is toxic, you don't know what 'toxic' means.

I've been playing all sorts of PvP games for the last 21 years, and to me, the FH forum/community is basically "Ned Flanders"!! :D

Hillbill79
04-22-2017, 08:42 PM
Its the opposite for me. I've been gaming since the Atari 2600 came out... but other than World of Tanks forum, I've never used another gaming forum.

The forums I generally frequent are outdoorsy type forums... Bushcraft, shooting, knife related stuff... and they are very well moderated... if what was said on here, was on those, the community would have far fewer members as they would just be kicked, no tolerance given for toxicity.

Its places like this, that makes me truly grateful for places like that!

LOL...

Friend, if you think this forum and community is toxic, you don't know what 'toxic' means.

I've been playing all sorts of PvP games for the last 21 years, and to me, the FH forum/community is basically "Ned Flanders"!! :D

Varakharne
04-22-2017, 09:14 PM
No way, I mean dont get me wrong anytime you have a competitive game function with a game its going to be bad. Blizzard has one of the worst, I'm talking cancer ward toxicity. Seriously go to the Overwatch forums, OMFG ... For Honor I dont really see people cannibalizing each other all too much, its mostly just *****ing and whining about game mechanics.

Astrolite.
04-22-2017, 09:50 PM
Greetings

I have seen far worse.. *Cough* Steam *Cough*

However let me shine my opinion about this matter.. Everyone is allowed to give his opinion. This goes both ways.
If someone enjoys the game, he is allowed to say this, without being attacked from 10 directions because he dares to say he enjoys the game on the forums of that game

There are many levels of feedback. From very unconstructive, to slightly constructive to very constructive.

The most unconstructive form is simply stating your opinion in a very rude way (which was happening ion the majority of the topics) 'F-word you this game is S-word'
Which is feedback that no one can use.

An example of slightly constructive would be 'I don't like X-feature'. While it does not show why you don't like it, at least you do not insult anyone and show that you don't like a specific feature.
This example can be stated in a much more rude way 'this system S-word'. While you try to make the same point, this shows a lack of respect. If you show disrespect for us or the game in such a way, it for us means you simply hate the game or at least a certain feature. You show a message that you wish the feature to not be there. Changing it will never be good enough. Removing it is often something that won't happen, or even can't happen., if they would remove it, no one would be able to join the game if they do not replace it with something else. Therefore stating that you do not wish that the feature exists, simply does not provide any feedback they can use.

The most constructive form is Opinion + argument (+fix). 'I don't like X-feature, because' This shows in much more detail that you want something changed and why exactly you want to see it changed. Then they can focus on that small aspect of the feature to see how they can change that specific part.

While you don't always have to form a very long post (constructive feedback can be made in just a few sentences), specifying your feedback always makes it more valuable for them. I generally prefer shorter posts, that get straight to the point.

IesooMI
04-22-2017, 09:54 PM
Competitiveness always breeds it, and this is a highly competitive game like any fighting game. Just ignore the idiots (wish the Devs would too but unfortunately it's turning into nerf fest)

AKDagriZ
04-22-2017, 10:26 PM
the competitve nature , so many cheezy occasion where you feel any noob would have been able to kill you by using a cheezy enviro kill .

Also a big lack of comprehension of many heroes ability. game mechanics. If you add on top of all this the fact that negative player influence other player you have a really salty soup at the end

AzureSky.
04-22-2017, 10:43 PM
Thats League of Legends dude, wrong forum.

XImohtephXX
04-22-2017, 11:11 PM
I miss beta.......it seems those were the times when people played for the fight and not for the wins.

UbiNoty
04-22-2017, 11:43 PM
We do realize that the levels of toxicity in game are an issue, and it's something we'd definitely like to explore in the future.
There's no easy solution to toxicity. And no matter how many anti-toxicity measures we implement, ultimately, we'll be relying on you all if we want to find a solution to this problem - we need your help as members of the community, to be a catalyst for change.
The best thing we can do to improve the toxicity situation is start with ourselves and those around us.
Be patient, be understanding - if you're having a bad game and are just looking to vent, take a break from the game and go do something else for 15 minutes. If you see someone else being toxic, don't respond and just report them if it's offensive so we can take care of it.
Toxicity breeds toxicity, but a positive outlook can be shared with others too - if you bring and enforce a positive teamwork environment, hopefully that will persuade others to follow suit as well.
You all are the pillars of our community, and hopefully you can help us make our community a positive one.
:D

IDreaml
04-23-2017, 12:26 AM
Anyone remember the community on bnet back on Diablo 2 LoD? Felt like I was in a supermax prison. The closest second I could compare to that would be CS 1.2/1.3/1.6. For Honor is kid friendly in comparison.