PDA

View Full Version : Questions about game on xbox

dekot11
04-22-2017, 10:43 AM
Thinking of buying the game on xbox. How bad are the connectivity issues? I was hoping that people are exaggerating because it can't be that bad but then again it IS ubisoft.

Tundra 793
04-22-2017, 11:44 AM
It's better than you fear, and worse than you hope.

The last patch does seem to have made things a bit better, but you're still gonna experience more disconnects than you probably think is right. I'd say the game is definitely playable, and enjoyable though, just have patience with it.

MendedFlesh
04-22-2017, 11:55 AM
If you are OK with playing the entire game single player that involves single player multiplayer and campaign then get the game. If you are hoping to play online multiplayer do not buy the game. Everything in the game can be done single player but it takes longer to level up playing against only AI. Co-op campaign works fine if you communicate with the other player. If you have another person that you want to play with then multiplayer co-op should work fine but wouldnt recommend playing with random people, Ive been in a lot of co-op games with AFKers and people that just dont want to communicate or play the game right. I warn you if you want to play the online multiplayer and need to play that for the game to be worth it to you I guarantee youll regret it. I stopped playing online multiplayer altogether.

Gray360UK
04-22-2017, 11:56 AM
I had a Daily Order last night to complete 2 matches, and that should have taken 30 minutes max. It took over 2 hours because of dozens of connection / P2P related issues.

SetMySail4Fail
04-22-2017, 12:00 PM
Not gonna lie, I've been playing this game since two weeks and in the beginning things were fine. But as of last night I wasn't able to complete one single match due to constant DC/Errors. So when it comes to connectivity this is the worst piece of Software I've ever had the "pleasure" to play in ... 20 years.

DrExtrem
04-22-2017, 01:09 PM
I played both betas and and have been playing since day one - every day for an hour at least.

326 hours.

I had and have to play vs. bots, because I want to play instead of waiting to play. In that time, I killed over six and a half thousand bots.

You could say, I know how the bots act and behave and how to use my heroes - at least vs. the bots.

The game is a broken mess and its not going to be optimised fo console. On console, there is a problem with light spam - a general problem and not only hero specific one. Light strikes in succession can not be blocked in time. This means, that every hero with a good and fast light strike combo in their moveset, will utterly destroy you unless you get lucky. Bots are especially good at doing this, because they have no reaction time.
Why is there a problem on console? Because of your hardware setup. The console itself is fine - except, that you are limited to 30 fps. But if you add your bluetooth controller, standard tv screen, controller dead zone and several other limitations to the equation, the result is pure frustration. At around 200 hours of gameplay, I realized that I was not getting faster anymore. I thought, that it is my age (mid thirties) but it turned out, that I am not the only one expecting it. Even young pro players say, that the console version is basically unplayable.

With the last server update, the bots received a massive buff and level two bots who spam light attacks and crowd control are basically killing machines right now.

Last but not least, global balancing is done based on pc feedback and data. As a console player you are simply screwed.

I burned 100€ on this game and I am more frustrated than happy right now. If this game was not digital, I would shelve it.

Off course it is your decision if you want to buy the game or not bit on console, you will face severe connection issues nda d the technical problems I mentioned above.

Supercool5150
04-24-2017, 06:41 PM
The weird thing when I play is that I rarely get disconnected. However I will start a game with a whole 4v4 team and the game ends with just me and Bots. This happens a lot. And then if I choose to play another game with the Bots eventually I have a full team of real people again. It's a continuous cycle.

RatedChaotic
04-24-2017, 07:41 PM
I mainly pvp more than pve in games. Tho in For Honor its the other way around. If that tells you anything.

dekot11
04-24-2017, 10:37 PM
Well I bought the game and so far I am not regretting it at all. I'm only playing 1v1 duels and there are zero connection problems. I find a match within 30 seconds almost every time even though it says low activity. I'm surprised at how good the connection is, I usually get lag in other fighting games, in this game there is no discernible difference between fighting people and bots. I live in Los Angeles so maybe that's why I have no problems getting matched with other people with full green bars. This game is awesome af so far, I just need to learn how to react faster to guardbreaks.

Oh, and I spent a lot of time in custom games fighting lvl 2 bots and I think maybe the problem you are having is that lvl 2 bots are actually much better than all the human players I fought so far (20-30 matches). I stayed in bots for the entire weekend because I thought I was just bad but turns out human players are much easier. You guys should just start fighting real people, after all the training you been through you'll probably murder them. At least until you start getting matched with better players I suppose.

DrExtrem
04-25-2017, 11:07 AM
But you do know that the level two bots are acting differently based on your experience right?

jbs1985
04-25-2017, 11:58 AM
The state For Honor is in, I think, is pretty much similar to Rainbow 6 Siege, right after launch. Because I remember alot of players stopped playing it due to multiple issues. But their fixes helped spark the playerbase back up, and made the game really fun for me atleast, for a very long time. That's what I'm hoping they will do with For Honor aswell, because I've been hit, as many players have, with dc/p2p issues.

dekot11
04-26-2017, 07:25 AM
But you do know that the level two bots are acting differently based on your experience right?

I didn't know that but I don't see how that makes a difference.I just bought the game so those lvl 2 bots are probably the weakest they can be, and my point is that those weak bots are better than most of the players I'm facing.