PDA

View Full Version : Lawbringer will be the next broken character

nagya12356
04-22-2017, 10:42 AM
He will get a free light after a shove or a GB.This would not be that bad, but the thing is that get gets a free undogeable shove after a block. What this wil get us is not getting rid of the defensive meta just creating another turtle character. Lawbringers will now just block and do a 50/50. The solution is simple, get rid of his shove after a block. This would be the right thing to do.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-22-2017, 10:55 AM
No he won't.

He is one of the easiest heroes to take car of if you have any idea how to play.

wethebishop
04-22-2017, 11:44 AM
I don't know if he'll be broken or not, but it really takes this development team too long to learn lessons. I would have thought that they learned their lesson from the warden.

It should not be possible to initiate 50/50's like this. There should have to be some kind of mistake or a lack of reaction for a 50/50 to occur. It shouldn't happen from blocks. It shouldn't happen from idle. It shouldn't happen from sprinting.

That a 50/50 can arise from blocking is the worst idea. The problem with this game is the blocking indefinitely with impunity. Don't make it worse. At the highest level and in the finals of tournaments, you might see two Lawbringers staring at each other, without either one attacking. It will end after one of the players has to go to work, school, or gets his home repossessed.

Lyskir
04-22-2017, 11:46 AM
I don't know if he'll be broken or not, but it really takes this development team too long to learn lessons. I would have thought that they learned their lesson from the warden.

It should not be possible to initiate 50/50's like this. There should have to be some kind of mistake or a lack of reaction for a 50/50 to occur. It shouldn't happen from blocks. It shouldn't happen from idle. It shouldn't happen from sprinting.

That a 50/50 can arise from blocking is the worst idea. The problem with this game is the blocking indefinitely with impunity. Don't make it worse. At the highest level and in the finals of tournaments, you might see two Lawbringers staring at each other, without either one attacking. It will end after one of the players has to go to work, school, or gets his home repossessed.

this

Felis_Menari
04-22-2017, 11:50 AM
What's funny is a while back I suggested giving the LB a guaranteed light after a Shove, but *only* off of dodge>Shove. Allowing it off of block>Shove seems like it's going too far.

kweassa1917
04-22-2017, 12:18 PM

Seconded.

The 50/50s are not something you initiate with just a press of the button. The goal of balancing is to remove as much as 1-button 50/50 spamming as possible, not add in more of them.

I don't think the Lawb is going to be OP with just this change, but Lawbs are already boring, bland, and lame to to both fight as and fight against. The guaranteed hits after a shove will just tempt them into spamming it even more.

Xynrex
04-22-2017, 01:01 PM
Warlord gets a free light after head bud and no one cares. So why should you care with LB?

Dizzy4213
04-22-2017, 01:29 PM
It's not even a true 50/50. Everyone assumes it's going to be like the Warden when it's not. Warden's vortex is on a completely different level. With the Lawbringer, you can dodge it on reaction, it's not a guessing game like it is with the Warden. The Lawbringer has to commit to one or the other.

Ubisoft already said they're making it easier to dodge as well. From what I've seen thus far, many players are already dodging the light. I'm not sure how it will all work out when the patch goes live, but I don't think it's as big of deal as some people are making it out to be.

wethebishop
04-22-2017, 02:06 PM
It's not even a true 50/50. Everyone assumes it's going to be like the Warden when it's not. Warden's vortex is on a completely different level. With the Lawbringer, you can dodge it on reaction, it's not a guessing game like it is with the Warden. The Lawbringer has to commit to one or the other.

Ubisoft already said they're making it easier to dodge as well. From what I've seen thus far, many players are already dodging the light. I'm not sure how it will all work out when the patch goes live, but I don't think it's as big of deal as some people are making it out to be.

The shove after the block is a 50/50. The opponent needs to guess whether to dodge or stand there to counter the GB.

The shove after dashing isn't the issue. That can be dodged safely.

Lyskir
04-22-2017, 02:11 PM
The shove after the block is a 50/50. The opponent needs to guess whether to dodge or stand there to counter the GB.

yeah shove after block + light/GB will be a problem

Dizzy4213
04-22-2017, 02:13 PM

Except it's not a 50/50. There is no guessing involved. You can dodge the light on reaction.

wethebishop
04-22-2017, 02:14 PM
Except it's not a 50/50. There is no guessing involved. You can dodge the light on reaction.

I hope you're right

Lyskir
04-22-2017, 02:20 PM

But if he does not a light attack after shove but a gb? And ur in the dodging animation? U cant counter GB that...........thats a 50/50

and im talking about shove after block...not the legit one

Dizzy4213
04-22-2017, 02:26 PM
I hope you're right

People are already dodging the light attack after shove.

With the next patch they're going to make it even easier.

But if he does not a light attack after shove but a gb? And ur in the dodging animation? U cant counter GB that...........thats a 50/50

and im talking about shove after block...not the legit one

It's not. There is a keyword here, it's called reaction. As soon as you see the indicator flash you dodge, if nothing happens then prepare to CGB. It's not a true 50/50 as I said before, there is no guessing involved like there is with the Warden.

DuhSavagePickle
04-22-2017, 04:07 PM
It will end after one of the players has to go to work, school, or gets his home repossessed.

Lmao, not gonna lie... This made me laugh out loud haha

TheLastPandaa
04-22-2017, 04:28 PM
Right now, when i see a high lv Lb on the oposite team i begin to tremble at the possibility that he is a good player. After 1'5 lb is an heroe with very good defence, very good dmg, decent speed and a set of awesome tools to keep control of the fight in every moment. He might not be a S tier character on duels (yet) but he definitely is an S tier character in 4vs4 modes.

The posibilities that a good Lb player has are huge and if you give him a 50/50 he is going to become a monster. Because yes, it is a 50/50.

Dizzy4213 sayed:
It's not. There is a keyword here, it's called reaction. As soon as you see the indicator flash you dodge, if nothing happens then prepare to CGB. It's not a true 50/50 as I said before, there is no guessing involved like there is with the Warden.

Well, he is wrong because you can not cgb after a dodge. That makes the only viable and safe option to roll back to a neutral position.

Dizzy4213
04-22-2017, 04:34 PM
Dizzy4213 sayed:

Well, he is wrong because you can not cgb after a dodge. That makes the only viable and safe option to roll back to a neutral position.

Can you not read?

I said you only dodge if you see the indicator flash meaning, it's a light attack. If there is no light then expect a GB which you can counter. Why is it so hard to understand?

TheLastPandaa
04-22-2017, 04:42 PM
Can you not read?

I said you only dodge if you see the indicator flash meaning, it's a light attack. If there is no light then expect a GB which you can counter. Why is it so hard to understand?

Because what you sayed has no sense. You could say the same thing about the warden: "It is just a reaction issue, as you see the indicator flash you dodge, if nothing happens then prepare to CGB".

In a perfect world it might be posible to counter the future buff of the lb but in a p2p world that runs at 30fps... it cant.

Dizzy4213
04-22-2017, 04:48 PM
Because what you sayed has no sense. You could say the same thing about the warden: "It is just a reaction issue, as you see the indicator flash you dodge, if nothing happens then prepare to CGB".

In a perfect world it might be posible to counter the future buff of the lb but in a p2p world that runs at 30fps... it cant.

It makes perfect sense actually but too many people lose their **** and assume it's going to be just like Warden's SB.

Uhhh no. With Warden it's a guessing game. Lawbringer has to commit to either the light or the GB, either of which you can react to. Can't do that with Warden.

TheLastPandaa
04-22-2017, 04:51 PM
It makes perfect sense actually but too many people lose their **** and assume it's going to be just like Warden's SB.

Uhhh no. With Warden it's a guessing game. Lawbringer has to commit to either the light or the GB, either of which you can react to. Can't do that with Warden.

Well, i hope you are right. Lets wait and see how all this ends.