PDA

View Full Version : Raider Build

Flello
04-22-2017, 02:44 AM
Just started leveling a Raider and wondered what type of builds are decent right now. Any help would be appreciated.

STVRSEED
04-22-2017, 03:30 AM
Do you mean skill builds? or cosmetic? im confused..

You should base the skill builds on your playstyle i think..

I currently still have a revenge build on my Raider, Block damage full, high block damage resistance, high stamina regen, high sprint speed, and full attack with high defense.

You should just try out different things til you find what suits you, honestly i find that i actually have almost identical builds for my other characters with just minor differences.

Thats where the different loadouts come in handy, sometimes you dont need sprint speed (elimination) sometimes you want faster revive, or more throw distance. :) Good luck with your Raider!

http://i.imgur.com/D4RZ8iA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YDHQwu9.jpg

Wrayth-Zero
04-22-2017, 04:25 AM
Is stamina cost reduction not that big a deal for him? I thought they were pretty stamina heavy.

Flello
04-22-2017, 04:47 AM
Well I used to main PK. But seeing as it's seen the nerf hammer almost every patch, I thought I'd level something else. So my main 'usual' play style is completely different in comparison to the Raider.

I've made it to rep 2 so far but was unsure on the most efficient build with the recent changes to the revenge system.

I greatly appreciate your advice and shall build around revenge despite the nerfs.

cragar212
04-22-2017, 04:51 AM
I have a R12 raider. I would definitely say you need debuff resist on helm. Nobooshi and pk are statistically 2 of raiders worst match up. Negating majority of their bleed damage is huge Revenge duration is pretty meh on classes without an infinite knockdown chain.

Is stamina cost reduction not that big a deal for him? I thought they were pretty stamina heavy.

Stam cost reduction scales poorly and isn't really needed with stam regen and exhaustion recovery

Flello
04-22-2017, 04:55 AM
I have a R12 raider. I would definitely say you need debuff resist on helm. Nobooshi and pk are statistically 2 of raiders worst match up. Negating majority of their bleed damage is huge Revenge duration is pretty meh on classes without an infinite knockdown chain.

Stam cost reduction scales poorly and isn't really needed with stam regen and exhaustion recovery

I've not even really had much play time with the Raider but I can already see how much of a pain PK and Nobushi are.

cragar212
04-22-2017, 05:00 AM
I've not even really had much play time with the Raider but I can already see how much of a pain PK and Nobushi are.

Nice raider is my favorite class. It's tough though since it doesn't have a cheese move. Lots of parrying and feinting but has big damage.

I really reccomend watching this guide. It will show you your maximum damage punishes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpUdH-140Eo

Stay legendary

Bjron_Ironside
04-22-2017, 05:06 AM
If you're trying to best a PK or Nobushi, look for a good one and practice with them. I practiced with a really good PK for hours and I kid you not my reaction time for parries improved tenfold. I can parry almost every light attack and zone now. I've become so used to parrying fast lights that parrying LB unblockable with its delay always gets me lol.

Flello
04-22-2017, 09:19 AM
Nice raider is my favorite class. It's tough though since it doesn't have a cheese move. Lots of parrying and feinting but has big damage.

I really reccomend watching this guide. It will show you your maximum damage punishes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpUdH-140Eo

Stay legendary

Cheers for the link, I'll give it a watch when I get the chance.

If you're trying to best a PK or Nobushi, look for a good one and practice with them. I practiced with a really good PK for hours and I kid you not my reaction time for parries improved tenfold. I can parry almost every light attack and zone now. I've become so used to parrying fast lights that parrying LB unblockable with its delay always gets me lol.

Oh I know how a PK works, mines rep 12, I just didn't really know the complete struggles being on the other end with a Raider.

I play on console also so it's not always possible to parry every light. Either that or my reactions are just pants.