PDA

View Full Version : Unblockables ruin this game

Mudflaaaps
04-22-2017, 02:29 AM
Unblockable but parryable attacks are fine. What ruins this game are the unblockable pushes, shoves or charges.

There simply should not be moves that are 100% uncounterable. You'd think you could dodge them, but no. This game has ridiculous tracking 90% of the time (a bug or poor programming?) So you can rarely dodge effectively.

The worst for this is by far the lawbringer. This loser can shove (risk free), into a FREE hit, shove again, GB, free hit, cycle continues. Why this stupid character was buffed is beyond any sensible persons reasoning, as he's nothing but a clusterf.ck of spam.

Wardens charge is second easily. I'm sure I dont even need to explain why this move is ridiculous and needs to be totally removed.

Valkyries charge is a close third. Give the fastest character an unblockable shove. Really? What moron thought that would work?

These moves create an unfair fight against anyone without an equal unblockable, it totally ruins all balance.

Nerf every unblockable shove/push/charge/grab.
I'd suggest a large window after each of these where the user cannot attack. After all, the whole point of these moves is to create space right? Or did you actually think endless vortexs of unblockable moves would make a good game?

pure_energist
04-22-2017, 02:39 AM
If I ignore this thread will it go away??

CoyoteXStarrk
04-22-2017, 02:47 AM
Are you nuts?

Unblockables SAVE THIS GAME

Otherwise there would be next to no way to open up the turtle kings of the game that refuse to fight and prefer to ONLY defend.

Mudflaaaps
04-22-2017, 03:04 AM
Well ubi have already stated that they agree the defense meta is broken, so if that's broken then so are the unblockables. Thanks for proving my point.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-22-2017, 03:15 AM
Well ubi have already stated that they agree the defense meta is broken, so if that's broken then so are the unblockables. Thanks for proving my point.

Wait what?

You think that since they said one thing is broken it means something completely unrelated to that issue is also broken?

Nice logic there lol

Mudflaaaps
04-22-2017, 03:23 AM
You just said the unblockables are a way of opening turtlers. You're wrong, but you're the one suggesting they're related. I think you're confused. Have you actually played the game?

CoyoteXStarrk
04-22-2017, 03:25 AM
You just said the unblockables are a way of opening turtlers. You're wrong, but you're the one suggesting they're related. I think you're confused. Have you actually played the game?

So wait.

Are you actually trying to say that Unblockables are not a way to open up a person that is doing nothing but blocking?

What? lol and yes I have all classes but Warlord to Prestige 1 so yes I have played. :)

CaptainPwnet
04-22-2017, 03:29 AM

Ironic since your statement makes it sound like it is you who is very confused and have not actually played the game lol.

But all that needs to be said here is L2Dodge.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-22-2017, 03:30 AM
Ironic since your statement makes it sound like it is you who are very confused lol.

See thats what I'm saying lol

I am hoping he just typed that wrong because unblockables were CREATED for that very reason lol

Mudflaaaps
04-22-2017, 03:30 AM
Well obviously not, I'm saying they're abused because they're overpowered. As it stands, unblockables don't open up a good turtle player at all anyway. As I said, the defense meta is broken and therefore so are the unblockables. Derp.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-22-2017, 03:33 AM
Well obviously not, I'm saying they're abused because they're overpowered. As it stands, unblockables don't open up a good turtle player at all anyway. As I said, the defense meta is broken and therefore so are the unblockables. Derp.

Mkay......

I say the Orochi is broken because the bacon I burnt this morning didn't taste very good :(

Mudflaaaps
04-22-2017, 03:35 AM
Ah. You're mentally deficient. Thought so. Don't worry kid, so are 95% of other for honor players.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-22-2017, 03:36 AM
Ah. You're mentally deficient. Thought so. Don't worry kid, so are 95% of other for honor players.

I was clearly being sarcastic and poking fun at your flawed logic.

Sorry. I din't know fun wasn't allowed. My bad.

Serious face.

The fact that they were created for opening up Turtle opponents does not mean they are broken if the defensive meta is broken.

One does not necessarily mean the other.

Also idk what god tier MLG players you are playing but unblockables work just fine for me 90% of the time. It get them to do something so that I can retaliate.

Mudflaaaps
04-22-2017, 03:42 AM
That's not sarcasm.

Anyway, like I said you proved my point. The unblockables are the best offensive moves in the game, when they're SUPPOSED to just open an overly defensive enemy up. Broken defense meta=broken unblockables.

CaptainPwnet
04-22-2017, 03:44 AM

You literally just contradicted yourself man. But aside from that contradiction, just because the defense meta is unbalanced does not mean the means to bypass that playstyle is unbalanced. In fact the unblockables themselves are exactly what make the characters that have them viable. They are not OP or broken, its much more accurate to say that those that lack those tools are underpowered.

If all the tools like WL headbutt were removed or nerfed in a way that they were easily punished and easily dodged then every character in the game would struggle against every decent player making the game even more broken then it is now lol.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-22-2017, 03:44 AM
That's not sarcasm.

Anyway, like I said you proved my point. The unblockables are the best offensive moves in the game, when they're SUPPOSED to just open an overly defensive enemy up. Broken defense meta=broken unblockables.

See now you are just trying to pretend like thats ALL they were made for.

You know dang well some of them Like the Shoulder Bash and the LB shove were also created to be used offensively.

The warden dash is OP yes and thats why its being nerfed and the headbutt already was. The LB shove is perfectly fine and easily avoided if you have any idea of what you are doing.

Mudflaaaps
04-22-2017, 03:51 AM
Oh ok, my mistake. The unblockables must be fine.

That's why the top tier characters are the ones with the best spammable unblockables.
That's why the valkyrie jumped from bottom of the pile to mid top after her unblockable was patched.
That's why the lawbringer is now an unstoppable god and has become one of the best characters.

Must just be coincidence.
(That's sarcasm pal).

Mudflaaaps
04-22-2017, 03:55 AM
Oh, that also must explain why all of the bottom tier characters (raider, kensei, orochi) are all the ones with zero unblockables/parryables. It's not broken game mechanics, it's just luck!

CaptainPwnet
04-22-2017, 04:01 AM

That's why the top tier characters are the ones with the best spammable unblockables.
That's why the valkyrie jumped from bottom of the pile to mid top after her unblockable was patched.
That's why the lawbringer is now an unstoppable god and has become one of the best characters.

(That's sarcasm pal).

Ah, so the truth of your understanding of the game becomes clear lol.

Mudflaaaps
04-22-2017, 04:02 AM
Good, I'm glad you've realised I'm right. I humbly accept your apology sir.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-22-2017, 04:04 AM

(That's sarcasm pal).

Oh, that also must explain why all of the bottom tier characters (raider, kensei, orochi) are all the ones with zero unblockables/parryables. It's not broken game mechanics, it's just luck!

Okay lemme break my response down so you don't get confused because your argument is all over the place now so I will address it point by point.

1) The top tier characters also have top tier combos, fast attacks, excellent feats, and versatility to go along WITH their unblockables.

2) Valkyrie jumped up because her entire kit was buffed and it light attack combo is among the best in the game and can then be followed up with her sweep and her heavy can be followed up with her bash. She is powerful not JUST because of her Unblockables but because her kit works with them perfectly.

3) Lawbringer unstoppable god? Are you high? The guy is FAR from a god. Those buffs basically just made him playable. Anyone with a measure of skill can accurately duel a Lawbringer.

4) Raider and Kensei are at the bottom because they lack options to open up a fight. Their moves are predictable and easily dealt with because their overall kit is limited. Not becaus ethey lack your imaginary win button.

5) Orochi? Bottom Tier?

AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

No. Orochi is NOT bottom tier lol

CaptainPwnet
04-22-2017, 04:08 AM
Good, I'm glad you've realised I'm right. I humbly accept your apology sir.

Sorry, but I wanted to go out on an implied "you're a ****ing idiot" but you weren't smart enough to catch it I guess.

But anyways, nothing about valks unblockables were ever patched. Neither is she even top tier, orochi is better than her as far as skilled 1v1 play is concerned.

LB also is not even top tier, much less an unstoppable god. The only change he got that makes any difference in skilled 1v1 play is the shove>light change. But even then raw shove is incredibly easy to dodge. I will admit shove on block is a little busted but at the end of the day the shove does not guarantee any damage and though the light can't be blocked(not supposed to be able to be blocked anyways, next patch addresses this) it can be dodged on reaction and it is even being made easier to dodge in next patch.

Bjron_Ironside
04-22-2017, 04:59 AM
Learn to dodge you weak baby.

Kiiyor
04-22-2017, 07:50 AM
Learn to dodge you weak baby.

+1.

Or muster up the courage to throw out a parry once in a while.

"Oh no, here comes an attack that removes 1/4 of my available options! Roll away? Parry? Dodge? Ain't nobody got time for that."

Dr-KaBoom
04-22-2017, 09:20 AM
If Kensei was the only character in the game I think the game would be more fun. Therefore I think everyone should be brought down to the level of Kensei. He can open people up with mind games and that is how it should be for all characters. Not silly headbutts spams (which I don't see even "top tournament players" able to dodge).

Mudflaaaps
04-22-2017, 11:36 AM
1) none off the top tier characters have combos, they have spams with unblockables.

2) Valks UNBLOCKABLE was buffed, nothing else was. They increased how often she can do it, are you stupid?

3) Lawbringer will become the best character very soon. If you don't understand why, you are obviously an idiot.

4) Orochi is clearly bottom tier. Ubi have stated he's where they want him to be roughly, but he's still at the bottom of the pack.
Because of his lack of unblockables.

I never said anyone has an imaginary win button you absolute cretin, you obviously don't understand this game or unblockables so just go away.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-22-2017, 11:40 AM
1) none off the top tier characters have combos, they have spams with unblockables.

2) Valks UNBLOCKABLE was buffed, nothing else was. They increased how often she can do it, are you stupid?

3) Lawbringer will become the best character very soon. If you don't understand why, you are obviously an idiot.

4) Orochi is clearly bottom tier. Ubi have stated he's where they want him to be roughly, but he's still at the bottom of the pack.
Because of his lack of unblockables.

I never said anyone has an imaginary win button you absolute cretin, you obviously don't understand this game or unblockables so just go away.

You are hilariously wrong on every single point and I find it ASTONISHING you think you are even SLIGHTLY correct. The fact you think their combos are "spam" is hilarious enough but the other idiotic things you said? ahahahahaha

I would literally kill someone to see you make a thread about how Orochi is terrible and see all of the people laugh at you lol

The amount of salt you have over things you don't understand is breathtaking.

Mudflaaaps
04-22-2017, 11:43 AM
I didn't say he was terrible you stupid individual, I play orochi. What I said was he's lower tier and he is widely accepted as such.

Your whole argument is invalid because every time they release a patch, they nerf someone's unblockable. Next patch is warden and shugokis if you didn't know yet.
So yeah, I'm right. Ubisoft clearly agrees. Go f yourself.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-22-2017, 11:48 AM
I didn't say he was terrible you stupid individual, I play orochi. What I said was he's lower tier and he is widely accepted as such.

Your whole argument is invalid because every time they release a patch, they nerf someone's unblockable. Next patch is warden and shugokis if you didn't know yet.
So yeah, I'm right. Ubisoft clearly agrees. Go f yourself.

I honestly can't even tell if you are trolling at this point lol

Please. I am BEGGING you make a thread on how you think Orochi is low tier and underpowered.

That way I can laugh myself to death as everyone under the sun calls you a moron.

kweassa1917
04-22-2017, 11:50 AM
Hoooo boy. Lookit the ppl rallying to the defense of their fav. spams.

Mudflaaaps
04-22-2017, 11:50 AM
What don't you understand? UBISOFT HAVE STATED THAT OROCHI IS LOWER TIER.
It's not open to debate, it's their stats.
They have also stated this morning that warden and shugokis unblockables are being nerfed next patch.

You're beyond stupid.

Also FYI, top tier characters don't have a single combo between them. You've clearly spent too long on these forums and not enough on the actual game.

Specialkha
04-22-2017, 11:51 AM
The only thing I agree with stupid OP is that they gave LB a 50/50. From neutral stance, shove is dodgable easily, but on block or after a heavy, it is quite fast and if you try to dodge the light, the LB can GB you. I am just concerned about this potential issue. Everything else the OP said is BS and he should l2p. Nuff said.

And from ubi stats, orochi is mid tier.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-22-2017, 11:53 AM
What don't you understand? UBISOFT HAVE STATED THAT OROCHI IS LOWER TIER.
It's not open to debate, it's their stats.
They have also stated this morning that warden and shugokis unblockables are being nerfed next patch.

You're beyond stupid.

Also FYI, top tier characters don't have a single combo between them. You've clearly spent too long on these forums and not enough on the actual game.

I am in literal tears over the fact you think any combination of R1 + R2 isn't a combo and call it a spam lol

And your only support for your point is that due to the fact that UNblockables are being balanced that they are ALL OP cuz reasons

My sides lol

As for our time played I am willing to bet my soul that I have more time played in this game than you. I will even post screenshots to prove it.

So either back that claim up or shut up.

Mudflaaaps
04-22-2017, 11:54 AM
Yes, middle is lower than top. You understand maths?

Mudflaaaps
04-22-2017, 11:56 AM
Pressing two buttons together is not a combo. Christ, not only do you not understand the game, you don't understand simple game mechanics!
A combo is a set of preset moves. In for honor, they have names and lists for each characters. Pressing light heavy light heavy IS NOT a combo. It IS called spam. Stupid child.

Mudflaaaps
04-22-2017, 11:57 AM
Also who cares how much of your life you've wasted? I've put a fair amount in, but that means nothing. What counts is that I understand the game, something you don't. Who do you even play as? Warden and peacekeeper I imagine?

CoyoteXStarrk
04-22-2017, 11:59 AM
Pressing two buttons together is not a combo. Christ, not only do you not understand the game, you don't understand simple game mechanics!
A combo is a set of preset moves. In for honor, they have names and lists for each characters. Pressing light heavy light heavy IS NOT a combo. It IS called spam. Stupid child.

Oh my god lolololol

You actually thought by saying R1 + R2 you thought I meant literally pressing them at the same time ahahahahahaha

Are you so desperate to make a point that you ignore basic common sense?

Also still waiting on you backing up that claim that I don't play the game much. I have 8 days 4 hours and 48 mins played and have the screenshot to prove it. So if you wanna try and talk more crap about me not having played I will happily post that picture.

In the meantime how long have YOU played the game. And I want proof not claims :)

I'll wait for you to provide proof or excuses :)

Mudflaaaps
04-22-2017, 12:04 PM
Pressing them in sequence is ALSO not a combo. You are beyond stupid.

Go on then, let's see your amazing profile. This should be good.

Mudflaaaps
04-22-2017, 12:05 PM
I'm going to state again that time played isn't important in the slightest, but I have more than you anyway so yknow...

CoyoteXStarrk
04-22-2017, 12:07 PM
Pressing them in sequence is ALSO not a combo. You are beyond stupid.

Go on then, let's see your amazing profile. This should be good.

Wait wait wait.

Are you saying that pressing R1 and R2 in different combinations (Which is the ONLY way to do combos) is NOT an actual combo?

Are you an idiot?

Also what is your amount of time played? Sorry not gonna let this go. YOu pretended that I haven't played much in order to downplay my point so I am gonna keep asking for proof of YOUR time played.

EDIT: Oh!!!!! So now time played doesn't matter? But you LITERALLY just tried to claim I was dumb due to my lack of time played, but now that I have proof that I have played plenty of the game?

NOW time played doesn't matter lol

You are a obvious fool trying to do anything you can to make your point real even if you have to backtrack on your own arguments lol

Mudflaaaps
04-22-2017, 12:08 PM
No no, you said you'd post it first. Go ahead my friend. I solemnly swear I'll post mine after.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-22-2017, 12:11 PM
No no, you said you'd post it first. Go ahead my friend. I solemnly swear I'll post mine after.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-AzlosUMAAbtLf.jpg:large

:)

Specialkha
04-22-2017, 12:14 PM
picture not working

CoyoteXStarrk
04-22-2017, 12:16 PM
picture not working

Oh my bad. I'll try another link then.

Better?

http://i67.tinypic.com/21on8kk.jpg

Mudflaaaps
04-22-2017, 12:19 PM
How do you even post pictures? I've not actually done it before, I assumed it would be easy haha

CoyoteXStarrk
04-22-2017, 12:21 PM
How do you even post pictures? I've not actually done it before, I assumed it would be easy haha

- right click image

- Copy image address

- Click the link image option in the post reply window

- Paste the link in the window

Mudflaaaps
04-22-2017, 12:24 PM
You sit on these forums on a PC? That's...dedication. I use my phone and there's no picture link option. I'll find a way.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-22-2017, 12:26 PM
You sit on these forums on a PC? That's...dedication. I use my phone and there's no picture link option. I'll find a way.

Why am I not surprised that you have an way to excuse the fact you can't post proof to back up your own BS lol

When I pointed out that I could prove my talk I felt that this would happen lol

Mudflaaaps
04-22-2017, 12:29 PM
No excuses. Try this http://imgur.com/a/pGypT. If it works, please post it here.

As I said, I use my phone. I don't have time to sit on my PC all day :/

Hillbill79
04-22-2017, 12:35 PM
Lightweight, lol :)

I've got 20 days played so far ;)

Oh my bad. I'll try another link then.

Better?

http://i67.tinypic.com/21on8kk.jpg

Mudflaaaps
04-22-2017, 12:42 PM
As much as I hate to defend this hideously misinformed person, playtime means nothing. Anyone can sink 20 days into a game, doesn't make you good bro.

That_guy44
04-22-2017, 12:46 PM
Spending 20 days on a game that has been out for barely over 60 is not something I'd brag about.

Hillbill79
04-22-2017, 12:47 PM
On its own, no, it doesn't make you good. But the more you play, the better you get.

I'd say I was decent enough.

As much as I hate to defend this hideously misinformed person, playtime means nothing. Anyone can sink 20 days into a game, doesn't make you good bro.

Hillbill79
04-22-2017, 12:49 PM
Hardly bragging.

I'm self employed so can play as and when.....I like the game.

I'm actually gonna make my wardens sword....so the time I play will slow somewhat.

Spending 20 days on a game that has been out for barely over 60 is not something I'd brag about.

Mudflaaaps
04-22-2017, 12:53 PM
Fair enough. In all seriousness, add me and show me that when you've done. I'd be interested to see what you do :)

CoyoteXStarrk
04-22-2017, 12:54 PM
No excuses. Try this http://imgur.com/a/pGypT. If it works, please post it here.

As I said, I use my phone. I don't have time to sit on my PC all day :/

I see no username to verify that is your profile.

I remain skeptical

Hillbill79
04-22-2017, 12:56 PM
I'm a custom knifemaker by trade... been doing it for over 8 years now. Made a few swords before.

Fair enough. In all seriousness, add me and show me that when you've done. I'd be interested to see what you do :)

Mudflaaaps
04-22-2017, 12:59 PM
That's pretty sweet. You got a website?

Mudflaaaps
04-22-2017, 01:03 PM
Really? Fine here's another. http://imgur.com/a/rNUrs if I get a single picture of your genitals sent to my PSN I swear to God...

Hillbill79
04-22-2017, 01:04 PM
Yeah, though its not been updated in a couple of years so its all older work...

www.markhillknives.com

Newer stuff on here.
https://www.facebook.com/markhillknives

That's pretty sweet. You got a website?

Mudflaaaps
04-22-2017, 01:18 PM
For some reason when you say you make knives I assume you must be American hahaha. Some nice work there mate, I'll give your page a like, thanks

Hillbill79
04-22-2017, 01:22 PM
Lol, English all the way mate! :)

For some reason when you say you make knives I assume you must be American hahaha. Some nice work there mate, I'll give your page a like, thanks

pure_energist
04-22-2017, 07:59 PM
If I ignore this thread will it go away??

Damn! I must not of concentrated on ignoring it hard enough and now its reached 7 pages.............Must try Harder... Maybe on a thread that claims Parries ruin the game..