PDA

View Full Version : MKX style KOTH

IesooMI
04-21-2017, 11:49 PM
I would love some type of King Of the Hill in this game. The way MKX did was phenomenal. 8 person room and two people 1v1 while the rest of the people spectate, win your set then you face the next person and so on untill defeat. Thoughts?

UbiJurassic
04-21-2017, 11:57 PM
We are always looking for suggestions for new gamemodes! While we are currently busy getting ready for the next season of Faction War and fine-tuning our future patches, we may look to develop a new gamemode in the future. :)

Joseph_2017
04-22-2017, 12:00 AM
I would love some type of King Of the Hill in this game. The way MKX did was phenomenal. 8 person room and two people 1v1 while the rest of the people spectate, win your set then you face the next person and so on untill defeat. Thoughts?

That's basically a 1v1 with a lobby/spectator mode. When I think of KOTH (at least 4 players at a time), it's usually like a huge sumo mat where you would be eliminated and spawn penalized for getting knocked out. The King usually would receive some kind of buff since everyone would target the top player. But it'll probably be ran by Shugoki's and Warlords imo.

pure_energist
04-22-2017, 12:32 AM

100% behind you. The game already has the mechanics for this to work; We already can spectate when downed, there are already 8 player game modes. The only "New" piece would be creating the structure of spectators and fighters. I would LOVE to see us all on the map but unable to cross boundaries. That way we can use emotes to cheer and boo the fight. I often do this during Brawl and Elimination matches anyway when the teams are allowing 1v1 fighting. Having a game mode just for it would create an outlet for 1vs1 with spectators and diversity; therefore, eliminating the desire to play 1vs1 in brawl and elimination matches which is heavily debated on the proper way to play.