PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den April 21

CandleInTheDark
04-21-2017, 07:00 PM
Patch news
Before the patch, they are doing an all platform update re-enabling join in progress. More join in progress before the match as opposed to during.. PC gets the patch next week, last week their infographic said console will in two weeks, on this week's den they said it usually takes one or two weeks to clear.

Stability fixes, connection is more resilient between players. They have reduced amount of data exchanged between players, so these are for helping players with less data speed. they have reduced the graphics quality of far off things for individual players which helps with the performance demands. Xbox specific, sometimes resynch was triggered by pressing the home button, they have a fix there.

They will allow join in progress between matches so players will be able to fill in games that have lost players. This only comes into pc when consoles get it too as it is an all platform thing. They fixed a bug that can take you out of a game and have you playing only with bots in pvp. They are giving data messages as opposed to just error codes so some messages may have more information. Added tracking stuff which is more for the devs than players to help them keep improving stability. I don't think I got or understood all they were talking about, basic message is lots of fixes everywhere.

Balancing

Peacekeeper - Fixed a bug where peacekeeper can make people bleed without touching them, same as nobushi had. Light light chain, time of recovery on second light is larger if not chained to the heavy. They do not want to reduce speed but they feel this will help with the spam. The idea is that ending that chain early will now lose them the initiative.

Lawbringer - Light after shove was bugged, fixed to be unblockable, they have made it easier to dodge.

Warden - shoulder bash, guardbreak can only be performed at beginning of charge, not after the point a player has dodged. Recovery time of 200ms after shoulder bash cancel.

Berserker - bug fix, they lost the guaranteed damage on knocking opponents over last patch so this is fixed.

Orochi - Hurricane Blast uninteruptable, can still be hit but the attack will also hit.there was a later question asking if the orochi will get a buff to open people up they said the orochi is roughly where they want them to be, they prefer to look at nerfing the defensive meta first which is the priority of a future patch.

Shugoki - Oni charge nerfed, no longer knocks down on contact, will still fall off a bridge, now 400 ms startup dodge. Like the warden fix, it now has to be committed to as the trajectoryis fixed. Stamina doesn't regen during the charge.

Team is actively working on the raider

All contract orders are pvai for consoles from today, they didn't want to cancel any that were in progress.
Next week, dvr function on xbox is being disabled for tests due to dvr causing connection issues since the last xbox 1 update
They updated the afk tracking, don't go get a sandwich while capturing a zone

Season end

If knights win this round, resource allocation decides winner between viking and samurai. If resource allocation is equal (very unlikely) we all explode and die...or they just take the second in that round and they win, I think more likely the latter ;)

After off season, new season starts with new content, more information next week's den. It sounds like seasonpass get the new heroes for the first week of the season before access is to all the next week.

This weekend, dominion execution global order.

Elite outfits, is it bad I am tempted to main berserker for their outfit? (I only said tempted!) Knight ornaments still suck (my peacekeeper wouldn't be seen dead in any of them), nobushi has kitty ears

Lyskir
04-21-2017, 07:03 PM
still no raider buffs, hes a fcking joke without exploits

CandleInTheDark
04-21-2017, 07:06 PM
They are actively working on the raider, nothing for next patch but it is one of their priorities.

Lyskir
04-21-2017, 07:07 PM
They are actively working on the raider, nothing for next patch but it is one of their priorities.

i hope so man

Prior_Heahmund
04-21-2017, 07:10 PM
They tried to call what are bug fixes "balance fixes"..smh.

DovaahisPGM
04-21-2017, 07:12 PM

They said the same sh*t 3 weeks ago...i mean come on

Dizzy4213
04-21-2017, 07:13 PM
The Shugoki Charge nerf is hilariously stupid. Calling it an exploit when it was literally in the advanced tutorial video. All they had to do was make you have to commit to it and only allow you to cancel after successfully hitting your opponent. Now they've nerfed the stamina, made you unable to cancel it and now it won't knock anyone down anymore. Is this move even worth using anymore? If this change goes through you may as well remove Oni charge from the game. Everyone expected the 50/50 to get nerfed but not everything else as well.

I'm not even a Shugoki main and this still hurts.

DovaahisPGM
04-21-2017, 07:15 PM
Shugoki got a nerf Conqueror style and now the warlord is even a better tank. I think Ubisoft staff is high

CandleInTheDark
04-21-2017, 07:21 PM
They said the same sh*t 3 weeks ago...i mean come on

Hey don't blame me, I'm only telling you what they said, I don'thave an Ubi logo next to my name ;)

Pincopallino097
04-21-2017, 07:26 PM
Hey don't blame me, I'm only telling you what they said, I don'thave an Ubi logo next to my name ;)

Can you elaborate a bit more on this?

"shoulder bash, guardbreak can only be performed at beginning of charge, not after the point a player has dodged."

Can I make a GB ONLY before my SB starts (the warden moves)?

UrWaifuAintReal
04-21-2017, 07:28 PM
So basically now shoulder bash's become a noob stomper while being near worthless at high level play, we'll still see the same whiners whining while Warden disappear from the competitive scene leaving only Warlord and PK, yay.

CandleInTheDark
04-21-2017, 07:32 PM
Can you elaborate a bit more on this?

"shoulder bash, guardbreak can only be performed at beginning of charge, not after the point a player has dodged."

Can I make a GB ONLY before my SB starts (the warden moves)?

In the current form, shoulder bash can be cancelled to guardbreak at any point during the charge, his words were you can still do a guardbreak at the beginning, but you cannot do it on reaction. So the mindgame is do I think they will dodge, ok I go for guardbreak but you don't get one for pressing gb the moment you see them dodge.

cragar212
04-21-2017, 07:35 PM
Dunno what they are doing with Lawbringer. Giving him a guaranteed shove off a block that turns into a 50/50 light or GB is just ridiculous. Can they encourage turtle play any more????

All wardens are now switching to Lawbringer heh.

CandleInTheDark
04-21-2017, 07:41 PM
Patch notes did a much better job at describing connection stuff than I did so here they are

Network

Data exchanges between players are now more resilient to network fluctuations.
Reduced the footprint of data exchanges to improve match experience under limited networking conditions.

Performance

Multiple performance improvements increasing the framerate both in game menus and during matches.
The LODs (Level of Detail) on ambient FX are now dynamically adjusted during matches to help ensure optimal performance.
[Bug Fix] Fixed a performance degradation when the XBOX Home panel was being opened which sometimes triggered a simulation resynchronization.

Developer comments: We’ve established that in certain situations, when game performance drops below a certain threshold, the simulation could suffer and eventually halt because it has reached a point that is unrecoverable (often seen as errors 06000018 and 06000021). These network and performance optimizations were prioritized because they target areas of the game that are susceptible to cause an impact to game stability. While these errors can still occur, we hope to have addressed a good portion of its root causes. Furthermore, the networking optimizations will help reduce the impact that a player with a bad connection has on the others in the match.

Blasto95
04-21-2017, 07:48 PM
Killed the Warden and Shugoki.
People hopefully stop complaining about PK
LB is no longer trash, and gets his own 50/50 while warden loses his....genius...
And likely false hope with server stability
OH! and no mention of abusing these exploits or "techs"? Guess they see Raider as underpowered with all his cheap gimmicks?

Chucky_Jones
04-21-2017, 07:58 PM
I didn't think the warden nerf was enough and then I realized that now side dodge attacks will counter the vortex 100% of the time. It already beat gb and shoulder bash and now the warden cant cancel the bash and immediately parry the attack.

CandleInTheDark
04-21-2017, 08:03 PM
I didn't think the warden nerf was enough and then I realized that now side dodge attacks will counter the vortex 100% of the time. It already beat gb and shoulder bash and now the warden cant cancel the bash and immediately parry the attack.

The last bit I am not sure on, what he said was you cannot gb which I took to mean pressing the gb button to soft feint after the charge has started, he didn't mention cancelling though it could mean that.

SerArthur-Dayne
04-21-2017, 08:37 PM
@OP thanks for taking the time to sum it up for us. Any word on the new executions?

CandleInTheDark
04-21-2017, 08:40 PM
@OP thanks for staking the time to sum it up for us. Any word on the new executions?

Yeah I take notes during the stream itself when I get chance to watch it live. No news that I heard, I didn't listen to the last five minutes but they had started talking about the raffle at that point and they had done their new stuff video with the stuff they released this week.

DrExtrem
04-21-2017, 09:30 PM
Well.

LB (left button) will still be the I win button on consoles. Light spam on consoles is barely blockable, input lag and controller delay are killing the fun and they still ignore it.

Hey devs - your console experience is broken.

I am getting tired.

CandleInTheDark
04-21-2017, 09:33 PM
Well.

LB (left button) will still be the I win button on consoles. Light spam on consoles is barely blockable, input lag and controller delay are killing the fun and they still ignore it.

Hey devs - your console experience is broken.

I am getting tired.

I do think that one thing they could do is to test frames on the pc, test frames on console and then do a console specific patch to bring it into line with the pc, but they are working on a lot of things right now and stopping them chaining two lights over and over is at least a step in the right direction there.

DrExtrem
04-21-2017, 09:37 PM
I do think that one thing they could do is to test frames on the pc, test frames on console and then do a console specific patch to bring it into line with the pc, but they are working on a lot of things right now.

Half of the stuff they are trying to fix, was known since beta and the other half could easily be found out with proper testing.

This game is a bug ridden mess and barely playable on both consoles.

Btw ... hive me my old level two anf three bits back. It was hard enough to compensate three derp-bots on the own team - now, it us nearly impossible.

Varicose_Veins
04-21-2017, 09:46 PM
Hate to sound unsympathetic and ruthless but if this game is to have a long term future and any chance of becoming an eSport, it will only be through the PC version.

DrExtrem
04-21-2017, 09:52 PM
Hate to sound unsympathetic and ruthless but if this game is to have a long term future and any chance of becoming an eSport, it will only be through the PC version.

I don't care about esport. I payed for a playable game on console and not a guessing simulator.

Varicose_Veins
04-21-2017, 09:54 PM
That was always going to be a tough ask for a game like this on platforms with the limitation of 30fps.

DrExtrem
04-21-2017, 10:02 PM
That was always going to be a tough ask for a game like this on platforms with the limitation of 30fps.

No its not.

You only need to adjust the timings to the given system. A counter guard break window is x milliseconds long on pc. That equals y frames on consoles @ 30 fps anf z frames on consoles with 60 fps.

Input lag on consoles is about x frames - give the ui the according number of extra frames.

It was no problem to adjust the pks zone attack indicator - this general procedure could be applies to the rest of the,game and it would suddenly be playable.

If you can't roll out a game on a console, don't publish it on them. Its not like the 30 fps thing on consoles was a big secret.