PDA

View Full Version : Quitters punishment

MadeArtifact
04-21-2017, 02:31 PM
They should lose one skill point and if they do it 10 times 1 rep. Point. Then it darts over again.

SendRickPics
04-21-2017, 08:43 PM
How 'bout no?
Nobody is obligated to be your punching bag, nor is anyone obligated to play this game with you.

I guarantee you that even if they stop people from quitting, they can't stop people from unplugging or shutting down their system.

If people don't want to play the game with you, maybe you should think about why that is.

CitizenPuddi
04-21-2017, 08:50 PM
Until ranked modes come along, there's really no need for this.

Until they fix the connection issues, there's really no need for this.

If people don't want to play the game with you, maybe you should think about why that is.

Usually it's because they're losing.

SendRickPics
04-21-2017, 08:59 PM
Usually it's because they're losing.

and they lose out even further on experience, steel, etc. by quitting.

So let them quit, I love reading people rage QQ over quitters, it tickles me in my bathing suit area.

CitizenPuddi
04-21-2017, 09:02 PM
and they lose out even further on experience, steel, etc. by quitting.

So let them quit, I love reading people rage QQ over quitters, it tickles me in my bathing suit area.

Still annoying tho.

Sometimes its a teammate that quits, potentially causing a loss for the other three.

That's not exactly fair.

Joseph_2017
04-21-2017, 10:54 PM
Give each player a "Rage Quit status next to rep" it'll go like this: Each player has a Good, Neutral, and Toxic status.

Players who complete matches frequently will have a star status "good" and will be rewarded with faster game finds and play with other "good" players. Neutral can be either in good or toxic. While toxic players will be forced to play with their own kind.

IesooMI
04-21-2017, 10:54 PM
Beautiful idea, i would also like to see a nice 10-15 minute matchmaking ban. Up the time for repeat offenders

WoodDaGawd
04-21-2017, 10:56 PM
lifes not fair dont shove punishments down our throat because we are rep 1 32 gear facing a rep 27 with 108 gear no way i wanna play that or be apart of a game with such staggering odds im ok ill just find a new game thats more fair with my range of people than suffer through a ****ty 15minute experience to possibly get thrown right back into that situation because of the developers poorly made game.

Stop quitting and you will get the reward to get your stats up. I don't understand why you would want to leave a match and not get the rewards.

Give each player a "Rage Quit status next to rep" it'll go like this: Each player has a Good, Neutral, and Toxic status.

Players who complete matches frequently will have a star status "good" and will be rewarded with faster game finds and play with other "good" players. Neutral can be either in good or toxic. While toxic players will be forced to play with their own kind.

I like this. They will all run to the forums crying about "disconnects". Id also like to see disconnect rates next to their reps.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-21-2017, 10:58 PM
As someone who has admittedly left games on occasion even I agree that there needs to be a punishment, but taking away skill points and rep points?

You are nuts if you think the Devs would ever even CONSIDER that. Especially when you consider how hard its gonna be for them to consistently tell who is quitting and who is simply lagging out.

Also Rhodri do you EVER come into a thread and have anything constructive to say or do you just come into all threads and start hurling insults? Genuine question.

UbiJurassic
04-21-2017, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, MadeArtifact! The team is still looking into how they want to approach discouraging this type of behavior for players. We hope to have more information regarding this in the future.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-21-2017, 11:44 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, MadeArtifact! The team is still looking into how they want to approach discouraging this type of behavior for players. We hope to have more information regarding this in the future.

I think the system I made up in my head is pretty good.

First Offense: No punishment, but a detailed warning.

Second Offense: -50% Steel and XP for the next 3 matches

Third Offense:10 minute ban + Steel and XP penalties

Fourth Offense: 20 minute ban + Steel and XP penalties

Fifth Offense: 30 Minute ban + Steel and XP penalties

And so on. The offenses will have a cooldown time of say 3 days. So if you behave for 3 days straight your offense record will refresh back to 0.

The key in deterring people is take away the things that REALLY matter. Time and rewards. But you can't be too harsh otherwise people will just walk away. The punishments need to be severe enough to make it not worth leaving matches, but light enough to where the person isn't completely shut out from the game.

SendRickPics
04-22-2017, 12:09 AM
I think the system I made up in my head is pretty good.

First Offense: No punishment, but a detailed warning.

Second Offense: -50% Steel and XP for the next 3 matches

Third Offense:10 minute ban + Steel and XP penalties

Fourth Offense: 20 minute ban + Steel and XP penalties

Fifth Offense: 30 Minute ban + Steel and XP penalties

And so on. The offenses will have a cooldown time of say 3 days. So if you behave for 3 days straight your offense record will refresh back to 0.

The key in deterring people is take away the things that REALLY matter. Time and rewards. But you can't be too harsh otherwise people will just walk away. The punishments need to be severe enough to make it not worth leaving matches, but light enough to where the person isn't completely shut out from the game.

No bans. I dunno about you but I paid $100 for this game. I know for a fact my money is equal to or greater than yours in terms of investment. On top of that, I know that when I paid for this game it included multiplayer, and denying access to multiplayer because I choose to disconnect from games that I'm not enjoying is like kicking a customer out of a theme park because he chose not to ride some of the rides while keeping his money.

To me, that's theft.

Additionally, if you want to see this game's population tank EVEN FURTHER, then by all means, institute bans. Look how that worked for Halo 5, oh wait, they don't even have a complete skeleton for a population now.

AgentCelt
04-22-2017, 12:23 AM
No bans. I dunno about you but I paid $100 for this game. I know for a fact my money is equal to or greater than yours in terms of investment. On top of that, I know that when I paid for this game it included multiplayer, and denying access to multiplayer because I choose to disconnect from games that I'm not enjoying is like kicking a customer out of a theme park because he chose not to ride some of the rides while keeping his money.

To me, that's theft.

Additionally, if you want to see this game's population tank EVEN FURTHER, then by all means, institute bans. Look how that worked for Halo 5, oh wait, they don't even have a complete skeleton for a population now.

Fully agree with this. Banning players from playing a game that's exclusively online just because they left a game they weren't enjoying is theft.

The only game mode where a temporary ban is acceptable is in ranked game modes. The best way to solve rage quitter is:

A) Ubisoft needs to sort their **** out so when someone leaves, nobody else disconnects.
B) Improve their matchmaking so it joins players mid game more often and also allow players to join a lobby after the game has ended.
Seriously, the fact that we can't join an existing lobby after a game has ended is tragic. It's 2017 for **** sake.

Lumina-US
04-22-2017, 12:25 AM
To be darn honest, some people can't even complete 3 matches in a row, because of the ever ongoing connection issues/random disconnects, (which even became much more worse, ever since Update 1.05 - at least on XBOX) yet you still dare thinking about punishing quitters?

Sorry, but pls get da hell real! - in the game's current state, you would have to punish your whole player base with such suggested penalties, across each and every platform, basically all 5 minutes!

You could as well just ask for a mass riot instead - same result!

CoyoteXStarrk
04-22-2017, 12:35 AM

To me, that's theft.

Fully agree with this. Banning players from playing a game that's exclusively online just because they left a game they weren't enjoying is theft.

The only game mode where a temporary ban is acceptable is in ranked game modes. The best way to solve rage quitter is:

A) Ubisoft needs to sort their **** out so when someone leaves, nobody else disconnects.
B) Improve their matchmaking so it joins players mid game more often and also allow players to join a lobby after the game has ended.
Seriously, the fact that we can't join an existing lobby after a game has ended is tragic. It's 2017 for **** sake.

To be darn honest, some people can't even complete 3 matches in a row, because of the ever ongoing connection issues/random disconnects, (which even became much more worse, ever since Update 1.05 - at least on XBOX) yet you still dare thinking about punishing quitters?

Sorry, but pls get da hell real! - in the game's current state, you would have to punish your whole player base with such suggested penalties, across each and every platform, basically all 5 minutes!

You could as well just ask for a mass riot instead - same result!

I obviously am talking about once the stability issues are fixed and only if they are able to accurately tell the difference between disconnection and ragequitting.

As for the "You can't ban me from a game I payed for and spent alot of money on" argument?

Yes they can if they believe your action of leaving is a detriment to other plays or the stability of the match itself And there are LOADS of games that follow a model similar to the one I listed. Rainbow 6 Siege, Overwatch, League of Legends, Smite, etc etc The list goes on.

I know it is SUPREMELY ironic for me of all people to be preaching about leaving, but at least I admit that leaving is a jerk move on my part. However this whole attitude of "Its my game I can play however I want with no punishment" attitude that Rhodri is talking about is complete and utter nonsense.

You payed for the RIGHT to play the game. That right can be withheld temporarily or entirely if the Devs deem it necessary. Just like how they are banning AFK farmers. Just because you payed alot of money for the game does not make you immune to punishment or bans.

As for your theme park metaphor? They CAN kick you out of the park if you do not obey the rules of the park and are causing problems for other park goers. Because that is what you are doing when you leave. You are causing problems for other players so Ubisoft has EVERY RIGHT to punish you however they see fit.

Paying for a game doesn't give you any kind of special treatment.

SendRickPics
04-22-2017, 01:02 AM
As for the "You can't ban me from a game I payed for and spent alot of money on" argument?

Yes they can if they believe your action of leaving is a detriment to other plays or the stability of the match itself And there are LOADS of games that follow a model similar to the one I listed. Rainbow 6 Siege, Overwatch, League of Legends, Smite, etc etc The list goes on.

I know it is SUPREMELY ironic for me of all people to be preaching about leaving, but at least I admit that leaving is a jerk move on my part. However this whole attitude of "Its my game I can play however I want with no punishment" attitude that Rhodri is talking about is complete and utter nonsense.

You payed for the RIGHT to play the game. That right can be withheld temporarily or entirely if the Devs deem it necessary. Just like how they are banning AFK farmers. Just because you payed alot of money for the game does not make you immune to punishment or bans.

As for your theme park metaphor? They CAN kick you out of the park if you do not obey the rules of the park and are causing problems for other park goers. Because that is what you are doing when you leave. You are causing problems for other players so Ubisoft has EVERY RIGHT to punish you however they see fit.

Paying for a game doesn't give you any kind of special treatment.

You are obviously indoctrinated by a piss poor consumer mindset, which is exactly what all "owners" within the consumerist culture want. They want you to think you have no rights as a consumer. They want you to think that they have all the rights and all the cards, but as soon as they accept your money, you have your own rights as well.

When I look on the back of the case of my copy of For Honor, it says this "Multiplayer Capable 1-8 Network Players, Online Play Required".

So yeah, banning me is theft of my product that I paid for. Nothing less.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-22-2017, 01:05 AM
You are obviously indoctrinated by a piss poor consumer mindset, which is exactly what all "owners" within the consumerist culture want. They want you to think you have no rights as a consumer. They want you to think that they have all the rights and all the cards, but as soon as they accept your money, you have your own rights as well.

When I look on the back of the case of my copy of For Honor, it says this "Multiplayer Capable 1-8 Network Players, Online Play Required".

You are either a VERY good troll or you are completely nuts.

By paying for a game you get the RIGHT to play. You don't own any kind of rights to the game lol

Just like in your theme park metaphor that you failed miserably at trying to use. By paying for a ticket to the park you are paying for the RIGHT to be there. If you then proceed to be disruptive and break park rules they have EVERY right to REMOVE you from that park regardless of how much you paid to be there.

Also are you actually thinking "Online Required" means literally they are REQUIRED to let you play online? Are you serious?

SendRickPics
04-22-2017, 01:08 AM
You are either a VERY good troll or you are completely nuts.

By paying for a game you get the RIGHT to play. You don't own any kind of rights to the game lol

Just like in your theme park metaphor that you failed miserably at trying to use. By paying for a ticket to the park you are paying for the RIGHT to be there. If you then proceed to be disruptive and break park rules they have EVERY right to REMOVE you from that park regardless of how much you paid to be there.

Also are you actually thinking "Online Required" means literally they are REQUIRED to let you play online? Are you serious?

A facet of the game is multiplayer capability. In fact that's what the entire game is based off of is multiplayer gameplay, with a single player campaign as an after thought.

So by denying multiplayer gameplay for any reason other than system maintenance or final closure, they are STEALING from you. It's pretty cut and dry.

CaptainGadriel
04-22-2017, 01:10 AM
Today people may think Ive been rq.. but the sad truth is the game had been dc me almost all matches no matter what game mode... so first fix the connection issues then punish quitters. Btw Ive green NAT and Im on pc.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-22-2017, 01:15 AM
A facet of the game is multiplayer capability. In fact that's what the entire game is based off of is multiplayer gameplay, with a single player campaign as an after thought.

So by denying multiplayer gameplay for any reason other than system maintenance or final closure, they are STEALING from you. It's pretty cut and dry.

No its not lol

"Online Required" means that YOU as a consumer need internet access to be able to play the game. Not that Developer is required to give you access to the multiplayer no matter what.

If you break their rules then you are gonna be punished. That is on YOU not them. By buying an online game you are purchasing the right to access the games functions and gameplay. But you are also bound to the requirement of playing by the rules put forth by the creators of that game.

If you proceed to break those rules or abuse the game in some way such as AFK farming or cheating they have the right to punish you or even ban you due to that violation.

Just like how PSN will ban your account if you use it to spam hate speech and harass other players. Even though you paid for the right to use their online services you are still bound to operate by their rules.

This is not a new concept and not a concept that applies only to video games. Just like I pointed out in my theme park metaphor if you break the rules you will be punished no matter what the setting.

You as a consumer have the right to be mad, to stamp your feet and CLAIM to have been robbed or whatever, but they are well within their right to punish people who break their rules.

SendRickPics
04-22-2017, 01:19 AM
You as a consumer have the right to be mad, to stamp your feet and CLAIM to have been robbed or whatever, but they are well within their right to punish people who break their rules.

It's called a Class Action Lawsuit.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-22-2017, 01:20 AM
sorry but punishing someone to force them to play a game the way u think is best is straight communism get real bro snap outta the everyone has to act a certain way mindset this is life were everything has its own willyo u cant control that and the dude defending the customer 100percent right we have rights as customers that bought a product no were in the advertisement did it say only people that want to sit though the game or only players that think this way.

No its not lol

What world do you people live in?

If you break the rules of a restaurant, theme park, arcade, bowling alley etc etc you will be REMOVED from said establishment regardless of how much you have paid to be there.

The same exact rules apply to video games. If the developers put forth a set of rules that they expect people to follow then they have EVERY right to punish people who break those rules. As I have already stated pretty much EVERY SINGLE multiplayer game follows this mindset.

If you break the rules there are consequences. That is how life works.

http://i.imgur.com/mXyupD1.gif

Find me a SINGLE case of someone successfully suing a game company for banning them from a game after they have violated the rules of that game.

I'll wait :)

CaptainGadriel
04-22-2017, 01:22 AM
Since it seems like today I cant play a game without getting kicked, I will join the discussion. I think punishments for rquitters must be implemented at least when ranked mode its available.

Why? Once ranked its implemented, I dont wanna lose because my teammate just rage quitted.. Ranked games should have a punishment for that kind of behavior.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-22-2017, 01:24 AM
Since it seems like today I cant play a game without getting kicked, I will join the discussion. I think punishments for rquitters must be implemented at least when ranked mode its available.

Why? Once ranked its implemented, I dont wanna lose because my teammate just rage quitted.. Ranked games should have a punishment for that kind of behavior.

Don't worry it will.

Ubisoft has a punishment for leaving ranked games in Rainbow 6 Siege as well. Its a 15min ban and points deducted from your rank score. I am sure For Honor will have a similar system.

CaptainGadriel
04-22-2017, 01:25 AM
Nice to know. Thanks!!!

Joseph_2017
04-22-2017, 01:26 AM
Why is there always 2 guys yapping away at each other's egos, spamming such a constructive thread all the time.. WHY just pm each other ffs..😑

CoyoteXStarrk
04-22-2017, 01:35 AM
Why is there always 2 guys yapping away at each other's egos, spamming such a constructive thread all the time.. WHY just pm each other ffs..��

Because that is what a forum is for. Debate and discussion.

Or in this case one person discussing and the other person plugging their ears and thinking they are immune from punishment because they spent money lol

coyote also thinks that united airlines handles their customers respectfully like ubisoft lol

Now you are just being intentionally dense.

Ubisoft punishing players who violate the rules of the game is in NO WAY comparable to that and you know it.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-22-2017, 01:43 AM
sorry but punishing someone to force them to play a game the way u think is best is straight communism get real bro snap outta the everyone has to act a certain way mindset this is life were everything has its own willyo u cant control that and the dude defending the customer 100percent right we have rights as customers that bought a product no were in the advertisement did it say only people that want to sit though the game or only players that think this way.

Here you go. I saved you the trouble. This is what you agreed to when you bought the game. So NO. You can't sue them and NO they are not stealing from you.

1. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES AND LIMITED LICENSE TO USE SERVICES

These Terms of Use (the "Terms") sets forth the agreement between Ubisoft Inc. and any one of its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies, including without limitation Ubisoft Entertainment SA ("UBISOFT" or “we”) and each user ("you" or "User"). The Terms govern your use of UBISOFT’s online and mobile games, applications and services, including the online functions of multimedia products, the websites and mobile sites (collectively “websites”), servers, software and the framework through which these services are provided (collectively, the "Services"). You should read these Terms carefully as they set out the basis on which we make the Services available. UBISOFT's Privacy Policy is an integral part of these Terms and is integrated into them by reference. You confirm that you have consulted and accepted the terms of UBISOFT's Privacy Policy available on legal.ubi.com/privacypolicy. In addition, when using particular services or features, you shall be subject to any posted guidelines or policies and/or other terms (including without limitation "game rules") applicable to such services, features or purchases that may be posted from time to time. All such guidelines or policies are incorporated by reference into these Terms. As a User, your use of any or all of the Services and Content (as defined in Article 3.1 below), indicate that you accept these Terms, our Privacy Policy and other applicable terms depending on the Service You use including without limitation the terms of sale (“Terms of Sale”), the End User License Agreement (“EULA”) and other "game rules") and that you agree to comply with them fully. If you do not agree with these, please do not continue to use our Services

UBISOFT reserves the right to change, modify, add, or delete clauses in these Terms at any time, in accordance with the procedures described below in Article 17. The "Last Updated" date at the top of these Terms will indicate when the latest modifications were made. By continuing to access and use the Services after these Terms have been modified, you are agreeing to such modifications. Add this page to your bookmarks and consult this site regularly to find out about any updates to the Terms.

Bob__Gnarly
04-22-2017, 01:57 AM
Ubi have repeatedly said they can distinguish between RQ and getting disconnected due to connectivity, so bring on the punishments already.

If losers want to unplug their modem or power off their computer to get around it, so be it. But let's get this happening already. You're too slow Ubi.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-22-2017, 02:06 AM

To me, that's theft.

Here you go guys I saved you the trouble. This Article 16 of the Ubisoft Terms and Conditions that you yourselves agreed to by buying the game and making your Ubisoft account.

16. TERMINATION

These Terms are effective unless and until terminated by either you or UBISOFT. These Terms may be terminated or suspended at any time, without notice, and accordingly deny you access to the Services, for any reason. Upon any termination of the Terms, you must promptly uninstall any mobile applications and destroy all materials downloaded or otherwise obtained from the Services, as well as all copies of such materials downloaded or otherwise obtained from the Services, as well as all copies of such materials, whether made under the Terms or otherwise. Additionally, upon termination, all achievements, virtual items, and/or virtual currency that you have acquired may, in our sole discretion, be terminated and forfeited. You have no property rights in any achievements, virtual items and/or virtual currency. Any fees paid hereunder are non-refundable.

16.1 Termination of Your Account or Access to the Services at UBISOFT'S initiative.

UBISOFT may suspend or close your Account and/or your ability to use one or more Services or part of the Services, at any time, automatically and without any judicial formality for the following reasons:

you claim to be any other person or entity or present your identity inaccurately;
you do not comply with these Terms or any special condition relating to a particular Service or Services;
you are in breach of your legal or contractual obligations;
you infringe a third party's copyrights;
you behave unsuitably or reprehensibly on the Services, including, without limitation, on the Forums;
your Account has been inactive for more than six months and you do not have access to pay functions; and
or for any other reason.
If you have more than one Account, UBISOFT reserves the right to delete all the Accounts you have opened.

16.2 Termination of the Account and/or a subscription on your initiative.

You may terminate your Account or a subscription to a particular Service or Services at any time, automatically and without any judicial formality, by contacting UBISOFT'S customer service department at the following address: https://support.ubi.com.. If you do not accept these Terms, you may not use the Services and you must send UBISOFT a request to terminate your Account and/or the corresponding subscriptions. Note that there will be no total or partial refund for the sums already paid for the current subscription period if you decide to end your subscription. UBISOFT reserves the right to recover the costs, supplements and charges incurred before the cancellation of your Account or of a subscription to a particular Service or Services. In addition, it is up to you to pay all sums owed to other sellers of suppliers of Contents before the termination of your Account. All arrears or unpaid costs and other unresolved problems with the Services must be settled before any opening of a new Account. Subject to compliance with the termination procedure indicated above, the termination of your Account and/or your subscription will come into force within a reasonable period of time after receipt of your letter by UBISOFT's customer service department.

16.3 Consequences of Termination of the Account.

In the event of termination or suspension of your Account, you will lose, and UBISOFT may delete, your profile and the related information you have passed on to UBISOFT, together with any UGC you may have published, uploaded or made available on the Services, notably, without limitation, your User names and avatars. However, UBISOFT reserves the right to store your profile and any of the aforementioned Content on its servers for a reasonable period of time. In the event of termination of your Account, you must immediately cease all use of the Services and destroy any related documentation on any medium. You also must promptly uninstall any Applications. In the event of termination of your Account, you will not be able to participate in the Service(s) again without UBISOFT's express permission. To benefit from the Services again, contact support@ubisoft.com. In the event of termination of your Account or of a Service or Services associated with your Account, all achievements, virtual items and/or virtual currency that you have acquired may, in our sole discretion, be terminated or forfeited. You have no property rights in any achievements, virtual items and/or virtual currency. Any fees paid hereunder are non-refundable.

So no.

Its not theft. You can't "Sue them". You are required by the contract that you yourself agreed to follow the rules put forth by Ubisoft and they reserve the right punish you if you violate that contract.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-22-2017, 02:54 AM
i do know it look around in the customer support forums hundreds of players banned for no reason or accounts just lost not even banned ubisofts got along way to go but they treat their customers like ****

just another dense dip sticking up for corporate bs

Okay I have a few questions lol

1) How do you know they were banned for no reason? Do you actually have proof of that or are you taking their word for it since it fits your argument?

2) Are you saying banning people for violations to the code of conduct is "Treating customers like ****"??

3) Are you actually trying to say that a company reserving the right to punish people who violate the rules as "Corporate BS"???

SendRickPics
04-22-2017, 03:01 AM
Yeah here's the thing.

1: I never signed any contract with Ubisoft, or even with Sony. I paid for a service, and for a game disc. No lawyers were present, I received no documents, they don't have my signature.
2: These "documents" have several times been challenged in court and many times have failed to be upheld in court.
3: It's well known that just because a term is stated within a contract, doesn't automatically make it legally binding if the term is illegal to begin with (such as in violation of consumer protection laws). For instance I cannot write up a "contract" stating that in the terms I have the exclusive right to your first born child who I shall sacrifice to Ra the sun god of Ancient Egypt, one of your kidneys, a portion of your liver, (presumably to sell on the black market), among other more asinine things, even if you accepted this contract without reading it, none of those terms are legally binding, you know why? BECAUSE THEY ARE AGAINST THE LAW.

4: Congratulations, if you made it through point #3, you learned something about contract law.

5:There are no rules saying that I cannot quit from a game at my discretion. I have every right to without any punishment. Sometimes real life happens. Sometimes I have no desire to play that particular game with those particular players. It really is none of their business as I PAID FOR MY GAME, and I paid SONY for the online capability.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-22-2017, 03:08 AM
Yeah here's the thing.

1: I never signed any contract with Ubisoft, or even with Sony. I paid for a service, and for a game disc. No lawyers were present, I received no documents, they don't have my signature.

You didn't have to lol Allow me to direct you to a section of article 1.

1. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES AND LIMITED LICENSE TO USE SERVICES

These Terms of Use (the "Terms") sets forth the agreement between Ubisoft Inc. and any one of its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies, including without limitation Ubisoft Entertainment SA ("UBISOFT" or “we”) and each user ("you" or "User"). The Terms govern your use of UBISOFT’s online and mobile games, applications and services, including the online functions of multimedia products, the websites and mobile sites (collectively “websites”), servers, software and the framework through which these services are provided (collectively, the "Services"). You should read these Terms carefully as they set out the basis on which we make the Services available. UBISOFT's Privacy Policy is an integral part of these Terms and is integrated into them by reference. You confirm that you have consulted and accepted the terms of UBISOFT's Privacy Policy available on legal.ubi.com/privacypolicy. In addition, when using particular services or features, you shall be subject to any posted guidelines or policies and/or other terms (including without limitation "game rules") applicable to such services, features or purchases that may be posted from time to time. All such guidelines or policies are incorporated by reference into these Terms. As a User, your use of any or all of the Services and Content (as defined in Article 3.1 below), indicate that you accept these Terms, our Privacy Policy and other applicable terms depending on the Service You use including without limitation the terms of sale (“Terms of Sale”), the End User License Agreement (“EULA”) and other "game rules") and that you agree to comply with them fully. If you do not agree with these, please do not continue to use our Services

Man do I love facts :cool:

SendRickPics
04-22-2017, 03:12 AM
Man do I love facts :cool:

Again, you're not understanding that it's not legally binding.

You cannot legally tack on an entire contract to a purchase. My purchase of the title was not with Ubisoft, it was with Gamestop. EULA's and ToS's have been challenged and have failed in court.

Furthermore, my use of the product that I paid for at Gamestop (Not with Ubisoft) does not automatically manufacture my consent to a document that is still by all intents and purposes ILLEGAL in its terms.

Accept that someone is actually knowing what they are talking about here dude.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-22-2017, 03:13 AM
Accept that someone is actually knowing what they are talking about here dude.

I already did that. Of course I accept I know what I am talking about.

Why would I not?

SendRickPics
04-22-2017, 03:41 AM
I already did that. Of course I accept I know what I am talking about.

Why would I not?

Yeah, let's see your law degree, or even a modicum of research put into it. We've done our research, you've got nothing backing yours.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-22-2017, 03:52 AM
Yeah, let's see your law degree, or even a modicum of research put into it. We've done our research, you've got nothing backing yours.

Lets say you were right (You're not)

Then EVERY SINGLE developer of video games in the world would have been sued into dust by now because they ALL use a similar model for their T&C. Just stop. We have derailed this thread so bad at this point and it doesn't seem to be ending anytime soon thanks to your false sense of superiority.

So lets get down to cold hard facts.

Fact
They are gonna implement the punishment for ragequitters and it will mostly likely involve a temporary ban of some kind at some point if the player repeatedly gets punished for leaving but continues to do so.

Fact
If this happens to you then there is nothing you are gonna do about it because there ISN'T anything you can do about it.

Going back to the Theme Park metaphor I would LOVE to see some schmuck try and sue a theme park for kicking him out for breaking the rules. The judge would laugh him out of the courthouse.

If you violate the rules of the game they put in place they have a right to punish you.

End of story. You don't need an imaginary law degree to know that if you break rules then you get punished. Thats called common sense and thats how life works.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-22-2017, 04:53 AM
no reasoning with a tard they live in their own world.

Not sure who you talking to.....

bmason1000
04-22-2017, 05:27 AM
Ban until the game they quit is over. The people rage quitting are punished, the people who leave for legitimate reasons are unaffected. If you had to put the controller down for family or whatever, you weren't finishing that round anyway. Perfect solution.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-22-2017, 05:53 AM
Ban until the game they quit is over. The people rage quitting are punished, the people who leave for legitimate reasons are unaffected. If you had to put the controller down for family or whatever, you weren't finishing that round anyway. Perfect solution.

lol no.

That is not nearly enough of a deterrent

Joseph_2017
04-22-2017, 06:26 AM
Because that is what a forum is for. Debate and discussion.

Well I suppose, but I'd rather hear two parrots debate but that's just me. Anyway got a question for ya yote. As a ragequitter yourself do you think it's fair to group guys like yourself with your own kind or is that too harsh? Just want to get more feedback on my earlier solution because I think it's pretty legit. Also you recommended that steel rewards from matches be reduced, that's not really an effective penalty. It's already 40-50 steel lol, chunk change.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-22-2017, 07:23 AM
Well I suppose, but I'd rather hear two parrots debate but that's just me. Anyway got a question for ya yote. As a ragequitter yourself do you think it's fair to group guys like yourself with your own kind or is that too harsh? Just want to get more feedback on my earlier solution because I think it's pretty legit. Also you recommended that steel rewards from matches be reduced, that's not really an effective penalty. It's already 40-50 steel lol, chunk change.

I still love how people still try and label me as that even I haven't left a single game in over a week.

But keep thinking that if it makes you feel better. lol

As to your question no the matchmaking is bad enough without them having to try and separate ragers and normal players.

bmason1000
04-22-2017, 07:49 AM

lol no.

That is not nearly enough of a deterrent

In hindsight, you are correct. People leaving ten seconds before a match ends would only get a ten second ban. 10 - 15 minutes maybe? I just feel punishing quitters harshly can be extremely negative for people with legit reasons to leave. Obviously I'm biased towards my idea because it's mine, but I think it's a balanced plan. People raging get smacked down a little, people putting the controller down are unaffected.

MadeArtifact
04-22-2017, 11:47 AM
I don't care if people quit, and never want to get better. Just as long as I don't get kicked out of the game.

SetMySail4Fail
04-22-2017, 12:19 PM
To be honest,in my opinion it's Ubis duty to implement a matchmakingsystem thats actually working. That would solve 90% of the issues we have today with quitters. As a Player who has played this game for two hours it should never be possible to face some P3 guy. Same goes for 4vs4. If you queue as a single person you should never face premade teams or P7 players.

Fair Matchmaking => Better games => less quitters. Simple as that.

By the way, Battleborn has a System that kinda "punishes" players for leaving ongoing matches. You can not search for a new game until the previous one is finished. Now guess what happened over the last months? Basically two things:

1.) People left the matches less often but were going afk at the base.
2.) More and more players (including me) quit because it became close to impossible to have fun since you were facing 5 man premade groups most of the time.

If you force people to play one-sided matches they will leave this game sooner or later. And you're left with a small bunch of elitist players who will beat the crap out of you... and then you will start complaining about unfair matchmaking, but by then it'll be too late.

Supercool5150
04-24-2017, 06:32 PM
I don't care if people quit, and never want to get better. Just as long as I don't get kicked out of the game.

This

rossato2109
04-24-2017, 06:44 PM
Quitters already got a punishment:
1 - they get no steel from the match
2- they get no xp from the match
3- they get no equipament from the match

If people get dced because someone quits thats UBISOFT fault, not the player's fault. Its up to them to make the game work properly. They are trying to put the blaim at the players but its their responsability to keep a match going when someone leaves.

Elit3Havoc
04-24-2017, 07:19 PM
to be honest, there should be a punishment for quitting, but only when there is a competitive ranked mode. Also when your fighting against a troll team or the match making isnt fair nobody wants to stay in there while getting the **** beat out of them atleast i wouldnt

madjuz
04-26-2017, 09:50 AM
Punish the players for a poorly designed matchmaker, excellent idea!

Even though it can on occasion be fun to stand still in 1v1 and 2v2 to see how long it takes for a Nobushi player to figure out how to move forward most of the time I know in the lobby that I'd rather do the dishes and laundry rather than chase another Nobushi!
Even though you can leave the lobby by killing the game I'm not very likely to start it up again and it's much faster to leave from the match and try again.

bananaflow2017
04-26-2017, 10:58 AM
Maybe players are punished only when they leave after an amount of time x.

I Think it's a difference to disapear at the start of the match or if u leave in the last second when the last player dies in hope to crash the lobby.

Sth like 1 min time when game starts.

Then i think these players get marked and only get matched with othe marked Players