PDA

View Full Version : Can we get Faction-themed Round/Zone voices please?

Lumina-US
04-21-2017, 10:26 AM
I would like to see Faction-themed voices in the game.

You know, the guy that always tell's you Round 1, Round 2, you captured/lost Zone A/B/C etc.

The Vikings might be happy with it, as it perfectly suits them, but i'm getting a bit sick of always hearing this Viking-like voice, since i play for the Knights - it just doesn't fit in that case.

So can we Knights get a more noble announcer-voice that fits and represents our cause/likeness more accurate?

The german announcer in Dominion from the Closed/Open Beta sounded very noble and Knight-like to be honest, i liked that one much, much better.

However, english-based players probably never noticed a difference, since they always just had that Viking-like dude.

Same for the Samurai's btw. i'm sure they would like a more Faction-fitting Commentator as well.

So please consider creating 3 different voices (aka two additional) - one that fits each Faction-Style.

JohnWick87
04-21-2017, 10:31 AM
Yep . there are some things that would just make the game better. Even if its a little thing like voices. OR TAKING THE stupid and ugly SHIELDS FROM THOSE SAMURAI creeps !^^

Lumina-US
04-21-2017, 10:39 AM
Yep . there are some things that would just make the game better. Even if its a little thing like voices. OR TAKING THE stupid and ugly SHIELDS FROM THOSE SAMURAI creeps !^^Well, their Shields really looked like that - go watch some Samurai War-Movies.

However, it's a clear as day, that you don't want to hear a Viking-like announcer all day long, when playing as a Knight or Samurai Faction-Member.

kweassa1917
04-21-2017, 10:56 AM
Sounds cheesy... but I like it!

Toxicbronze
04-21-2017, 12:42 PM
samurai did not use shelds as you probebly know them the shields resemble pre-samurai styles also why are you calling the samurai creeps? but otherwise I would like more anoucer veriety.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-21-2017, 12:44 PM
I love the idea, but I want the team to focus on the gamebreaking issues like stability before we worry about extras like that.

Lumina-US
04-21-2017, 02:02 PM
I love the idea, but I want the team to focus on the gamebreaking issues like stability before we worry about extras like that.Did i say i want it now ASAP on the super-very top of all priority lists?

No i didn't - still it's worth a look, once most of the troublesome things are sorted for good.

Herbstlicht
04-21-2017, 02:43 PM
Well, weirdly, we even only got limited language options available. Dunno why it ain't for being a problem to play Overwatch in japanese for example but not For Honor, despite the system language being japanese as well. Anyway, english voiceover are very well done at least and all those different languages used by the characters creates some nice athmosphere.

RatedChaotic
04-21-2017, 04:08 PM
After hearing the voices at the beginning of the match. I kept waiting for him to say...... Fight! In a Mortal Kombat tone.