PDA

View Full Version : Missing map and strange damage arrows?

hyperstork
03-28-2004, 08:59 AM
I've just started using IL-2 FB and have had some weird problems. When starting a campaign, sometimes the second or third mission comes up blank- no map or mission or anything, which ruins/ends the career.

Also, when my plane is hit, instead of damage on the fuselage I see strange "arrows" with blue feathers sticking out of the plane like needles. Later on I checked and they were gone.

Weird stuff. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks...

hyperstork
03-28-2004, 08:59 AM
I've just started using IL-2 FB and have had some weird problems. When starting a campaign, sometimes the second or third mission comes up blank- no map or mission or anything, which ruins/ends the career.

Also, when my plane is hit, instead of damage on the fuselage I see strange "arrows" with blue feathers sticking out of the plane like needles. Later on I checked and they were gone.

Weird stuff. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks...

M0NS
03-28-2004, 09:05 AM
Troll?

Set "Arcade=0" in your conf.ini file. The rest I don't know - try commnunity help. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

S!

M0NS

"So when Diogenes perceived that he was greatly excited and quite keyed up in mind with expectancy, he toyed with him and pulled him about in the hope that somehow he might be moved from his pride and thirst for glory and be able to sober up a little. For he noticed that at one time he was delighted, and at another grieved at the same thing, and that his soul was as unsettled as the weather at the solstices when both rain and sunshine come from the very same source."

(Dio Chrysostom "Discourse" 4.77-78)

bird_brain
03-28-2004, 10:15 AM
It sounds like you have a DX problem and your textures are not loading to me.
I have seen the arrows on game updates showing the damage models. Maybe your install is corrupted.

I would make sure you have DX9b installed & check your video drivers.

What version are you running? 1.1, 1.2 or Aces 2.0?

You may want to post this on the help forum.

http://hstrial-jyarbrough.homestead.com/Jug.jpg

"Go in close, and then when you think you are too close, go on in closer."
Major Tommy McGuire, USAAF ~ 38 victories in the PTO

hyperstork
03-28-2004, 12:48 PM
No troll, just somebody who remembers the original Red Baron fondly and looking to solve these weird problems with the latest great sim.

I'm using the FB 1.2 (or is it 1.22?) patch- the latest one. Haven't got Aces yet, have to see if I can fix any problems before I plunk down more bread.

I'll try the help forum too.