PDA

View Full Version : No New Characters Until Game Balance Settles & Bugs Fixed

Varicose_Veins
04-21-2017, 06:54 AM
So the word is two new characters coming.

To me, this is just creating more problems because these characters will have to be balanced against the current crop of characters, most of whom due to bugs or balance issues still need a lot of work. And then there's the backdrop of fixing the defensive meta.

So Ubi will then have to re-balance the two new characters with the other characters after they are "fixed". This will create more problems, take more development time and further complicate balance.

So introducing new characters now is putting the cart before the horse. We probably need 2-3 more patches and a few months to de-bug issues and balance the 12 we have, and only then when the game is settled should new characters be introduced.

I know people don't want to hear this in a way because we're all keen to try new heroes. But I fear throwing more into the mix now will only make things worse in the short to medium term.

You don't start building your house when the foundations aren't stable.

The_B0G_
04-21-2017, 12:59 PM
So by the time this 2-3 months comes up the 3rd and 4th characters would be set to drop as well so you'll be adding 4 character at once who are untested and unbalanced by the community.

The game isn't balanced that badly balanced right now, defensive meta sucks but adding characters that are already basically ready won't change anything with them dealing with that.

The game needs a breath of fresh air more than anything right now, and a couple new maps and new characters is it.