PDA

View Full Version : Um, yeah ok.

RoosterIlluzion
04-21-2017, 06:04 AM
Let's hope this **** gets corrected soon.
It was a BOT, but even so this shouldn't happen.
https://youtu.be/R7HvJDLvLOM

Halvtand
04-21-2017, 08:31 AM
What shouldn't happen? I saw nothing in that video that wasn't in line with what's supposed to happen.

Bots shouldn't attack? Is that it? Bots shouldn't be able to use the combos? Bots shouldn't be able to harm players? What is wrong here?

Charmzzz
04-21-2017, 08:41 AM
What shouldn't happen? I saw nothing in that video that wasn't in line with what's supposed to happen.

Bots shouldn't attack? Is that it? Bots shouldn't be able to use the combos? Bots shouldn't be able to harm players? What is wrong here?

Looks like a good infinite Combo for me, too. Have seen players do this alot, why not Bots? And seriously, you need to train your blocking/parrying OP!

RoosterIlluzion
04-21-2017, 08:52 AM
Interesting that you both have seen and some this in game yourselves. I haven't. Only the BOTs do this. And no, it's not a combo. It's merely a bunch of light attacks that apparently can switch directions faster than I can block.
Check my stats and you'll see my play time and skill. I was trying to block, and this is worse than the PK light spam, and everyone knows that's b.s.

Obviously you two main berserker so you're going to defend this ****.

EmeraldCthulhu
04-21-2017, 09:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODshB09FQ8w

Gray360UK
04-21-2017, 09:29 AM
You know Berserkers have Infinite Uninterruptible Chain? This allows them to spam lights at you with a decreased Stamina cost from the 4th attack onwards. The only thing I see wrong in the video is that you're standing there taking it instead of doing something about it.

Frappenstain
04-21-2017, 09:32 AM
I guess you are beginner. I can't wait to see when you taste Vortex spam and Shugoki back break, Pk light spam...

Tundra 793
04-21-2017, 09:44 AM
Interesting that you both have seen and some this in game yourselves. I haven't. Only the BOTs do this. And no, it's not a combo. It's merely a bunch of light attacks that apparently can switch directions faster than I can block.
Check my stats and you'll see my play time and skill. I was trying to block, and this is worse than the PK light spam, and everyone knows that's b.s.

Player's haven't relied on the Infinite Combo for a while, since we used to need 4 hits to get it going, and It's rather predictable a lot of the time, so rather than risk being parried, we used other tactics. Bots wouldn't necessarily do this though.
And you did manage to block several of the hits by the looks of it, but that won't stop an uninterruptible chain.

You could have tried to parry, or dodge, or literally anything other than just blocking an Uninterruptible Infinite Chain combo.

The s*** we're defending is the game working as intended. It's not our fault you've never encountered enough combos to know how to counter them.

You know Berserkers have Infinite Uninterruptible Chain? This allows them to spam lights at you with a decreased Stamina cost from the 4th attack onwards. The only thing I see wrong in the video is that you're standing there taking it instead of doing something about it.

Didn't the new patch lower the requirement for the Chain to start at 2 hits, but remove the Stamina decrease?

guor6800
04-21-2017, 09:44 AM

Totally agree just after 1.05 zerkers enters uninterraptable after 2nd hit and no stamina reduction if i am not mistaken.

Regarding the video i have two words for the op : GIT GUD

guor6800
04-21-2017, 09:47 AM
Have a nice day!

Halvtand
04-21-2017, 09:48 AM

I main warlord, knowing what the other heroes can and cannot do is the first step to victory. Your attempt at dismissing our arguments against your claim on the grounds of bias is not only unfounded, it's nonsense. It is because of behaviour like that we can't have civil discussions about the game's mechanics on this forum, thank you for being counter-productive.
Most players does not commit to a full chain like this because an opponent that knows how to parry will simply stop the combo and turn the battle to their own favour. The only reason it worked for this bot is because the OP does not successfully parry.

The combo does not just consist of light attacks, it's a string of alternating light and heavy attacks. As you can see from the video, every other hit either takes away a larger chunk of health or forces a heavy block. After two attacks (changed from four in the last patch) the Berserker is given uninterruptable status and so must be parried to stop the onslaught. A heavy top attack will always end the chain with a slower attack that is extremely easy to dodge, block or parry.

RoosterIlluzion
04-21-2017, 11:35 AM

"A big issue with the Berserker is that they are virtually defenseless if you can block one of their Light Attacks. Upon blocking a Light Attack from the Berserker most heroes can get a guaranteed Guard Break before the Berserker can do anything."

Curious, I blocked the second, fourth, sixth, eighth... etc. Every other light I blocked. And if you need four CONSECUTIVE hits for the "uninterruptable chain" then this BOT is cheating. So all you Fu cking haters can suck my a s s.

RoosterIlluzion
04-21-2017, 11:36 AM
I guess you are beginner. I can't wait to see when you taste Vortex spam and Shugoki back break, Pk light spam...

As for your dumb ***, PK light spam is gonna be fixed soon enough. If this conqueror b.s. is worse than PK, it'll get fix too.

Charmzzz
04-21-2017, 11:44 AM

Nope, never played Berserker. PK Main here... But I faced enough to know what they can do and what I should do to counter it.

Hillbill79
04-21-2017, 11:49 AM
Why don't you watch the advanced video on the Zerker... shows you it there... its easy to do, but most just block the second attack, which is a heavy. If you block the second.. he cant gain uninterruptable attacks. If he hits with the first two then they become uninterruptable... not unblockable, not unparryable.

"A big issue with the Berserker is that they are virtually defenseless if you can block one of their Light Attacks. Upon blocking a Light Attack from the Berserker most heroes can get a guaranteed Guard Break before the Berserker can do anything."

Curious, I blocked the second, fourth, sixth, eighth... etc. Every other light I blocked. And if you need four CONSECUTIVE hits for the "uninterruptable chain" then this BOT is cheating. So all you Fu cking haters can suck my a s s.

Charmzzz
04-21-2017, 11:52 AM

Do you even read Bro? As Halvtand said they CHANGED the uninterruptible Status from the 4th to the 2nd hit! Please, read Patchnotes. Clueless, insulting, typicall for all your posts, I've seen alot of this from you...

PK's who spam light attacks only succeed on Console btw, on PC it is no big problem to block them.

Halvtand
04-21-2017, 11:56 AM

I don't know where you got the text about a block leading to a free GB. It is false, a parry on the other hand will give you a GB.

The infinite uninterruptable chain only needs two attacks to start and they don't need to hit anything.

WoodDaGawd
04-21-2017, 03:06 PM
Hey OP. The bots aren't cheating. Level 3 bots get it in like this. You should set up a custom match with a few beserker level 3's and see how it goes.

Most of the player base that play beserkers do this all the time as well. I'd say you don't play much if you haven't seen it before. But it's ok.

Like someone else said, get to know your enemies moves. Will make for a better time.

Joseph_2017
04-21-2017, 04:09 PM
Seems legit, you blocked then he ran out of stamina giving you a window of opportunity. The Berserker just went berserk. 😑

AgentCelt
04-21-2017, 06:58 PM
You're lucky that was just a bot. I'm rep 9 Zerk and that is the first thing you learn when watching the tutorials, the infinite combo. If that was me you would have been dead within 6 hits, top heavy + feints with a Zerk can take down the best of players.

JayyRupp
04-21-2017, 08:07 PM

Lmfao. Berserker is bottom 5. Learn to block or parry ffs. This is soo bad.. Ubi PLEASE DONT listen to players with grandma hands.

JayyRupp
04-21-2017, 08:36 PM
Player's haven't relied on the Infinite Combo for a while, since we used to need 4 hits to get it going, and It's rather predictable a lot of the time, so rather than risk being parried, we used other tactics. Bots wouldn't necessarily do this though.
And you did manage to block several of the hits by the looks of it, but that won't stop an uninterruptible chain.

You could have tried to parry, or dodge, or literally anything other than just blocking an Uninterruptible Infinite Chain combo.

The s*** we're defending is the game working as intended. It's not our fault you've never encountered enough combos to know how to counter them.

Didn't the new patch lower the requirement for the Chain to start at 2 hits, but remove the Stamina decrease?

I'm not sure about the stamina change but I definitely remember reading it was lowered to 2 hits.

CitizenPuddi
04-21-2017, 08:43 PM
I'm not sure about the stamina change but I definitely remember reading it was lowered to 2 hits.

zerker changes

Super Armor is now applied on all 2nd and later attacks in chains (used to be applied after 4th).
Note: Moveset page is not updated in this version.

Berserker no longer requires the preceding attack to hit or be blocked to count towards applying Super Armor.
Berserker no longer gets the Stamina cost reduction when Super Armor kicks in.

source: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1624635-Release-Notes-v1-05-1-05-1-April-6th

DrExtrem
04-21-2017, 09:50 PM
The servers combo is not that problematic - even on consoles.

A server has to use light - heavy - light - heavy for the infinite combo. The heavy attack can be parried - even on console. It might not be the easiest heavy in the game but its doable.

Wait until every hero with a light chain is starting to only use that one on you. That's where the real "fun" (frustration) begins.

Captain-Courage
04-21-2017, 10:48 PM
Let's hope this **** gets corrected soon.
It was a BOT, but even so this shouldn't happen.
https://youtu.be/R7HvJDLvLOM

https://media.giphy.com/media/jQmVFypWInKCc/giphy-downsized-large.gif

TheMalakith
04-21-2017, 11:42 PM
The only reason why you don't see players do it is because any half decent player would just parry it and get a free heavy on you. Why didn't you just parry one attack?

And no, I don't main Bezerker, it's not even rep 1 and i'm rep 23 on my account.

pure_energist
04-22-2017, 01:15 AM
The Fact that we even respond to this nonsense is just a reflection on our boredom. We might as well take the time to respond to someone complaining about how their Heavy attack didn't hit or get blocked but was somehow pushed aside..Fix this ****!! lol Is it too much to ask players actually review all the how to play tutorials for every character. Its quick information on what to expect and what capabilities everyone has. Rather then learning as you go and *****ing on here about how this one mechanic you didn't know about is the game being bugged... LEARN about everyone's abilities, moves and you'll at least be an informed player if not better.

RoosterIlluzion
04-22-2017, 01:30 AM
Why don't you watch the advanced video on the Zerker... shows you it there... its easy to do, but most just block the second attack, which is a heavy. If you block the second.. he cant gain uninterruptable attacks. If he hits with the first two then they become uninterruptable... not unblockable, not unparryable.

Do you even read Bro? As Halvtand said they CHANGED the uninterruptible Status from the 4th to the 2nd hit! Please, read Patchnotes. Clueless, insulting, typicall for all your posts, I've seen alot of this from you...

PK's who spam light attacks only succeed on Console btw, on PC it is no big problem to block them.

Here's to you and the rest, I BLOCKED THE SECOND HIT. So that means your chain should stop, correct? If the uninterruptabke chain gives you your shield after two hits regardless if it's blocked, then that's fine, but players should be able to block all those hits. Normal light and heavy shouldn't HAVE to be parried.

DuhSavagePickle
04-22-2017, 02:02 AM
Here's to you and the rest, I BLOCKED THE SECOND HIT. So that means your chain should stop, correct? If the uninterruptabke chain gives you your shield after two hits regardless if it's blocked, then that's fine, but players should be able to block all those hits. Normal light and heavy shouldn't HAVE to be parried.

Buddy, I watched the video. You blocked every second attack yes, but you do realize that every attack you blocked was a heavy, correct?
Meaning that you will block the attack but will be pushed back enough for that character to throw out his light attack. Rinse and repeat.

All you had to do was block a light attack, or parry a heavy. I myself literally have no problem blocking/parrying a berserker.

No insult intended but, instead of blaming the game and getting mad at developers and then insulting other players... Just practice alittle. Okay?

pure_energist
04-22-2017, 02:06 AM

The Second Hit is a Heavy strike and blocking it does not stop the Chain. Your options are Block Light (stop chain) Parry Heavy (Stop Chain, punish parry) , Dodge away, (wait for Chain to Stop). So you have to learn to recognize which hit being thrown is a light or heavy and its difficult but most Zerks start the chain with a light; but it is possible to start the chain with a heavy as well. Playing against the chain can be difficult if the Zerk player knows which strikes they are using in a calculated manner because if they go top with a Heavy they will stop the Chain with a slow heavy hit that is pretty easy to see coming. HOWEVER< they can go top with a light hit and keep the chain going.. Most the time you'll only see side to side though which is easily counter able. Good Zerkers will use feints with their heavies; ESPECIALLY since now they can get the armor bonus with just two swings. : Bezerker can be annoying with their barrage but that is exactly how they are described by the game: HARASSERS. THey hit and hit and hit and hit and make you frustrated that you stop thinking about how to stop the hitting and instead panic. I actually watched the video for this response (previously I felt it was unnecessary because the truth was evident on what occurred) SO.. I watched...thanks for the needless first 10 seconds by the way.. AND you got GB.. Hit with a top Light to start the chain.. Blocked heavy,, got hit with Light,,blocked HEavy,, got hit with Light.. blocked heavy,, got hit with Light.. etc etc etc.. NOW with the information I just provided you do you understand WHY you lost and HOW this is not the games being boken?????!

*Making edit after actually watching ENTIRE video.. previously I could only stand to watch enough to see what his complaint was about assuming he had lost. ONLY making edit to make him aware that good Bezerkers would not let themselves get exhausted with the chain and susceptible to the easy knockdown and ledge throw he "Honorably" won with.

sgtpickles
04-22-2017, 02:07 AM
It was painful to watch you miss so many parries. Actually, I don't think the few times you were hit were parry attempts now that I watched it a 2nd time.

AgentCelt
04-22-2017, 02:08 AM

A heavy attack gets blocked but it doesn't interrupt a combo. You need to block the light. If the chain has already started then you need to dodge away, parry or survive until Zerk stamina runs out.

RoosterIlluzion
04-22-2017, 03:09 AM
Also, I believe having Max block damage reduction negates the knock back from heavy attacks.

TwinStiletto
04-22-2017, 03:25 AM
Dude, the video showed you as a Rep 13. You had to have seen it already. Plus the bots do get more difficult. You probably had a bot lvl 2 or 3, and they spam combo with every attack. Work on your parries and slay that Viking the next time you duel it.

RoosterIlluzion
04-22-2017, 03:54 AM
Dude, the video showed you as a Rep 13. You had to have seen it already. Plus the bots do get more difficult. You probably had a bot lvl 2 or 3, and they spam combo with every attack. Work on your parries and slay that Viking the next time you duel it.

You mean I must've seen that repetitive attack? I probably only had that happen one other time by a BOT. I've never seen a human player do that. I am getting better at timing parry.

CaptainPwnet
04-22-2017, 04:19 AM
You mean I must've seen that repetitive attack? I probably only had that happen one other time by a BOT. I've never seen a human player do that. I am getting better at timing parry.

If you are just now getting better at timing parries then your self proclaimed skill is nowhere near as high as you think. All of those attacks are quite easy to block/parry especially since there wasn't even a single feint. You missed the block on every second hit too only blocking the heavy part of the infinite chain so it doesn't stop the chain. You missed every light attack. A decent player would never let that go past 3 hits,likely parrying the second attack but at the same time a decent zerker would never even attack more than 2 times in a chain probably lol.

Oh and PK lights are indeed faster than zerker. The second light of her chain is anyways.

Also block damage reduction does nothing to the stagger effect caused by heavies on block. It's just the amount of chip damage you take from a blocked attack.

Dry.Fish
04-22-2017, 04:51 AM
14 hits and a GB doesn't that seem like an endless amount of stamina. Was this before or after 1.05?

RoosterIlluzion
04-22-2017, 05:10 AM
If you are just now getting better at timing parries then your self proclaimed skill is nowhere near as high as you think. All of those attacks are quite easy to block/parry especially since there wasn't even a single feint. You missed the block on every second hit too only blocking the heavy part of the infinite chain so it doesn't stop the chain. You missed every light attack. A decent player would never let that go past 3 hits,likely parrying the second attack but at the same time a decent zerker would never even attack more than 2 times in a chain probably lol.

Oh and PK lights are indeed faster than zerker. The second light of her chain is anyways.

Also block damage reduction does nothing to the stagger effect caused by heavies on block. It's just the amount of chip damage you take from a blocked attack.

First, I never claimed to be a master of this game. You can check my stats to see what my "skill level" is.
Second, I couldn't block Every other light attack because they're too fast. Get it? Let me see a video of you using Warden and blocking every attack in that type of chain.
You can't. And I stated why I didn't parry.

CaptainPwnet
04-22-2017, 06:25 AM
First, I never claimed to be a master of this game. You can check my stats to see what my "skill level" is.
Second, I couldn't block Every other light attack because they're too fast. Get it? Let me see a video of you using Warden and blocking every attack in that type of chain.
You can't. And I stated why I didn't parry.

You said to check your stats to see your play time and skill which is you implying you think you are quite good and should have been able to block those attacks if they were fair and not broken. But as I said they are far from too fast to block, PK light chain is faster. You further went on to call the others who posted before you zerker mains who obviously defend this because you think its OP since you couldn't deal with it since you implied you think you are quite good.

Remember me? Again I will tell you, you should refrain from posting about game mechanics and balance because your knowledge of this game is sorely lacking. Also your skill level is not nearly as great as you deny you imply.

Also I wouldn't be able to post a vid of blocking every attack in that chain because the chain would have ended as the second or third attack would have been block if not parried by a decent skilled player defending. Further, the fact that you play warden also makes no difference here as Warden actually has one of the fastest guard stance switches in the game lol.

RoosterIlluzion
04-22-2017, 07:08 AM
You said to check your stats to see your play time and skill which is you implying you think you are quite good and should have been able to block those attacks if they were fair and not broken. But as I said they are far from too fast to block, PK light chain is faster. You further went on to call the others who posted before you zerker mains who obviously defend this because you think its OP since you couldn't deal with it since you implied you think you are quite good.

Remember me? Again I will tell you, you should refrain from posting about game mechanics and balance because your knowledge of this game is sorely lacking. Also your skill level is not nearly as great as you deny you imply.

Also I wouldn't be able to post a vid of blocking every attack in that chain because the chain would have ended as the second or third attack would have been block if not parried by a decent skilled player defending. Further, the fact that you play warden also makes no difference here as Warden actually has one of the fastest guard stance switches in the game lol.

You're obviously ******ed. I never implied anything about my skills, you think that because you need something to justify your lack of a reason this **** happens.
And you should be able to post a video (but you are a Fu c king ******, so....) using Warden BLOCKING every one of those hits - light and heavy, because YOU said its possible. But you won't, because you can't block them. So please, F u c k right off.

Hensley23
04-23-2017, 07:28 AM
Sweet whining post bud. A bot used is combo on you and you didn't parry it and just threw him off. Lol get good.

RoosterIlluzion
04-23-2017, 07:55 AM
Sweet whining post bud. A bot used is combo on you and you didn't parry it and just threw him off. Lol get good.

https://youtu.be/3rmYPGniDT4

CitizenPuddi
04-23-2017, 11:52 AM
they should shorten the time required to recover from a successful block or something

im not sure if some sort of anomaly went down with the bot in this match, but i know i cant stunlock someone doing this while playing a berserker

something's up

Stahlrusse
04-23-2017, 10:48 PM
I think people sufficiently explained the zerk mechanics here and everything should be alright now.

RatedChaotic
04-24-2017, 12:22 AM
Looks like you need more practice at defense.