PDA

View Full Version : 3 Solutions to "Ganking"

Auztinito
04-20-2017, 11:01 PM
1.Buff Friendly Fire to reflect the same damage you would do to an enemy.
As of now,ganking mostly consist of players button smashing R2 with no consequence to their own team.Ganging up should not gurantee a victory.If Friendly Fire was buffed you would see proper teamwork & tactics in "gank" situations with use of disables,grabs,& precise swings.Also,make 1v1s more prominent & encouraged.

2.Give sprint speed to Revenge
Ever since the pandering to the forums.Ubisoft has changed the purpose of Revenge Mode.It's apparently now should only be used to flee and outnumbered solution.Yet this does not cover the fact that slower characters are unable to outrun opponents that more than likely will catch them.

3.Less Damage per Enemy
In short if there is 4v1 situations the 4 players will do less damage per person that attack the outnumbered player.
2% damage reduction per player. 4v1 would be 8% damage reduced.3v1 would be 6%.2v1 would be 4%.

CandleInTheDark
04-20-2017, 11:04 PM
1. Nope, griefers will happen. Put in a vote to kick option as you suggested, griefers will still happen with that being abused.

2. Nope, I can already escape just fine with current revenge, done it many a time.

3. Nope, nowhere near realistic.

My solution for focussing, play a team pvp like,well, a team pvp and don't get into fights where you are in over your head. Simples.

Gray360UK
04-20-2017, 11:05 PM
You have the whole idea of Revenge backwards. It's not 'the more you are struggling the more powerful you should become so you can eliminate any enemy force, no matter how large that enemy force becomes' OR 'the more enemies arrive the weaker my enemies should become until their numbers mean nothing'.

It's not an annihilation tool

It's a survival tool.

A chance to survive, flee, take one or 2 of your enemies down, hold out long enough for help to arrive ... that kind of thing. The more of them there are, the more you / your team sucks and the less you deserve to be alive.

Death is the reward of the bad, not Godmode.

cragar212
04-20-2017, 11:13 PM
Biased polll, it implies "ganking" is a problem to everyone.

You say people are mashing heavy attacks and killing you? Try parry you can parry and knockdown multiple attackers at once. While revenge is active you should only be dying if you get ccd ie. Shug daddy hugs you.

I enjoy the new system and am having lots of fun trying to fend off multiple opponents.

We_Wuz_Kongz
04-20-2017, 11:13 PM
Sorry bud, you just aren't skilled enough to fight those kind of fights. It is possible you have to parry gankers to get a chance to pop revenge and kill your target. You also need to be cycling targets often to mix them up. There are ways to fight an outnumbered battle you just don't have the skill or the drive to unlock them. Just stick next to someone and work as a teammate or better yet go play duels if you wanna do everything yourself.

Auztinito
04-20-2017, 11:14 PM
1. Nope, griefers will happen. Put in a vote to kick option as you suggested, griefers will still happen with that being abused.

2. Nope, I can already escape just fine with current revenge, done it many a time.

3. Nope, nowhere near realistic.

My solution for focussing, play a team pvp like,well, a team pvp and don't get into fights where you are in over your head. Simples.

1.People always will abuse those mechanics.Have you R6:Siege.That kind of abuse rarely happens.Paranoid much?
2.You play as a Peacekeeper with maxed sprint speed.Try reading next time.
3.And this game is so realistic.Don't make me laugh.

You have the whole idea of Revenge backwards. It's not 'the more you are struggling the more powerful you should become so you can eliminate any enemy force, no matter how large that enemy force becomes' OR 'the more enemies arrive the weaker my enemies should become until their numbers mean nothing'.

It's not an annihilation tool

It's a survival tool.

A chance to survive, flee, take one or 2 of your enemies down, hold out long enough for help to arrive ... that kind of thing. The more of them there are, the more you / your team sucks and the less you deserve to be alive.

Death is the reward of the bad, not Godmode.

Okay,how is any of those options suggesting Revenge should do that exactly.Two words.Reading comprehension.

Auztinito
04-20-2017, 11:23 PM
Sorry bud, you just aren't skilled enough to fight those kind of fights. It is possible you have to parry gankers to get a chance to pop revenge and kill your target. You also need to be cycling targets often to mix them up. There are ways to fight an outnumbered battle you just don't have the skill or the drive to unlock them. Just stick next to someone and work as a teammate or better yet go play duels if you wanna do everything yourself.

You suggest I am not skilled.I know how to parry but how do you parry when they swing at different frames,idiot.You either lack any thought or just haven't experienced enough of the game to comment.Go on try & read it again.

Biased polll, it implies "ganking" is a problem to everyone.

You say people are mashing heavy attacks and killing you? Try parry you can parry and knockdown multiple attackers at once. While revenge is active you should only be dying if you get ccd ie. Shug daddy hugs you.

I enjoy the new system and am having lots of fun trying to fend off multiple opponents.

It is a problem when that is what combat devolves into.Where it is literally the only "strategy" that is used 4v4.Wait till everyone decides to either let the game die or it devolves into literally gang-up or gang-up with no actual thought or teamwork.Like I said above,You can't parry 2 different attacks at different frames.Also,you have to have Revenge to knockdown on parry.Try playing the game.

Gray360UK
04-20-2017, 11:28 PM
Okay,how is any of those options suggesting Revenge should do that exactly.Two words.Reading comprehension.

No.3 on your list is exactly what I said about enemies getting weaker. You suggested it yourself then you can't see it when someone else repeats it straight back at you? You are in no position to be questioning anyone elses reading comprehension :rolleyes:

I can see where this is going, you get grumpy and start acting like a toddler as soon as anyone disagrees with you. You're going to have to suck up the fact that most people seem quite happy with revenge now and you're going to have to Git Gud.

Being totally honest, only bad players are going to call for it to be more powerful now, them, and people who believe they are not supposed to die, ever, no matter how bad the situation gets. 30+ years of gaming has taught me that the opposite is supposed to be the case. The worse things get, the more outnumbered you are, the more likely you are to die. Pre-patch Revenge allowed weak minded low skill players to throw decades of gaming tradition out the window. They actually convinced themselves they were entitled not to die in situations where death would usually be guaranteed. Now that crutch has been rudely kicked out from under them and death is the reward of being bad, not Godmode, we have threads like this one.

CandleInTheDark
04-20-2017, 11:34 PM
Here is the funny thing, as a gear score 108 peacekeeper, I am usually the first to be focussed, in fact I would say I spend a lot more time being focussed than focussing, on top of that I have minimum build and minimum duration, and I still escape. I always make an effort to know where my teammates are because oddly enough, if they are a good team, they will slow down the guy who is chasing their ally with one bar left. But here is the crux of it, if you are 1v3 or 4, where are the rest of your teammates? They are either not there because either they can't work as a team or you decided to go solo or they are dead likely because they decided to go solo first or the other team simply did better than them, and neither of those cases deserves an instant turnaround to save you from your team's bad play.

cragar212
04-20-2017, 11:34 PM
Honestly dude.

Cry less play more.

I just looked you up you're a warden with a 50% duel win rate. Git gud definitely applies.

Auztinito
04-20-2017, 11:35 PM
No.3 on your list is exactly what I said about enemies getting weaker. You suggested it yourself then you can't see it when someone else repeats it straight back at you? You don't need to be question anyone elses reading comprehension :rolleyes:

I can see where this is going, you get grumpy and start acting like a toddler as soon as anyone disagrees with you. You're going to have to suck up the fact that most people seem quite happy with revenge now and you're going to have to Git Gud.

Being totally honest, only bad players are going to call for it to be more powerful now, them, and people who believe they are not supposed to die, ever, no matter how bad the situation gets. 30+ years of gaming has taught be that the opposite is supposed to be the case. The worse things get, the more outnumbered you are, the more likely you are to die. Pre-patch Revenge allowed weak minded low skill players to throw decades of gaming tradition out the window. They actually convinced themselves they were entitled not to die in situations where death would usually be guaranteed. Now that crutch has been rudely kicked out from under them and death is the reward of being bad, not Godmode, we have threads like this one.

Option 3 has nothing to do with Revenge.Also,it is a measly 2% per player up to max 8%.In terms of 4 against 1 8% damage reduction would hardly be noticeable.
Seriously,maybe you should try & read.Only 1 option changed Revenge & that is option 2.You suggested I am trying to make Revenge into a "God-Mode".Maybe you should look at your own comment.Grumpy Kid & "I should Git Gud".Stop projecting,please.

Auztinito
04-20-2017, 11:45 PM
Here is the funny thing,as a gear score 108 peacekeeper, I am usually the first to be focussed, in fact I would say I spend a lot more time being focussed than focussing, on top of that I have minimum build and minimum duration, and I still escape. I always make an effort to know where my teammates are because oddly enough, if they are a good team, they will slow down the guy who is chasing their ally with one bar left. But here is the crux of it, if you are 1v3 or 4, where are the rest of your teammates? They are either not there because either they can't work as a team or you decided to go solo or they are dead likely because they decided to go solo first or the other team simply did better than them, and neither of those cases deserves an instant turnaround to save you from your team's bad play.

Peacekeeper is a fast character Option 2 does not really apply to you.If you actually read.Option 2 is mostly about slower characters.

Honestly dude.

Cry less play more.

I just looked you up you're a warden with a 50% duel win rate. Git gud definitely applies.

Duel,the game mode I most rarely play & when I do it's in PvP not PvE.I'm pretty sure I can boost my stats if I quit when I am about to lose & spam vortex on Ai.

Gray360UK
04-20-2017, 11:46 PM
Option 3 has nothing to do with Revenge.Also,it is a measly 2% per player up to max 8%.In terms of 4 against 1 8% damage reduction would hardly be noticeable.
Seriously,maybe you should try & read.Only 1 option changed Revenge & that is option 2.You suggested I am trying to make Revenge into a "God-Mode".Maybe you should look at your own comment.Grumpy Kid & "I should Git Gud".Stop projecting,please.

You're being a pedantic arse because no one agrees with you. Whether we are talking buffs to Revenge or a nerf to attacking players that compensates for lack of Revenge, which is more precisely what you are asking for, is irrelevant. Your overall stance, which you cannot hide by bickering over individual words and attempting to insult peoples intelligence, is that enemies should become weaker the more of them there are, so that you become less likely to die the more heavily outnumbered you are.

That stance and what I have seen you say elsewhere is why I know you are one of the ones who just wants his crutch back. The more you / your team sucks, the more you deserve to die. Shock concept I know, but if you're in a mode with 2 teams of 4 and your team now consists of you vs 4 of them, then you / your team sucks and you deserve death. Realistically you don't deserve any extra chance to survive. It takes away from whatever it is that your enemy is doing far better than you and your team. Why should they get punished when faced with a team of donuts?

Git Gud or die, no more Godmode when you press Y.

CandleInTheDark
04-20-2017, 11:49 PM
Peacekeeper is a fast character Option 2 does not really apply to you.If you actually read.Option 2 is mostly about slower characters.

I wasn't actually talking about option two, I was talking about you or your team sucking at team pvp, notice the whole bit I talk about your team which you conveniently ignored.

Auztinito
04-20-2017, 11:49 PM
You're being a pedantic arse because no one agrees with you. Whether we are talking buffs to Revenge or a nerf to attacking players that compensates for lack of Revenge, which is more precisely what you are asking for, is irrelevant. Your overall stance, which you cannot hide by bickering over individual words and attempting to insult peoples intelligence, is that enemies should become weaker the more of them there are, so that you become less likely to die the more heavily outnumbered you are.

That stance and what I have seen you say elsewhere is why I know you are one of the ones who just wants his crutch back. The more you / your team sucks, the more you deserve to die. Shock concept I know, but if you're in a mode with 2 teams of 4 and your team now consists of you vs 4 of them, then you / your team sucks and you deserve death. Realistically you don't deserve any extra chance to survive. It takes away from whatever it is that your enemy is doing far better than you and your team. Why should they get punished when faced with a team of donuts?

Git Gud or die, no more Godmode when you press Y.

Coming from a guy who actually probably never read my thoughts on Revenge Mode to begin with.
Pendantic arse?Okay.

Auztinito
04-20-2017, 11:53 PM
I wasn't actually talking about option two, I was talking about you or your team sucking at team pvp, notice the whole bit I talk about your team which you conveniently ignored.

I responded to your response on Option 2.You in turn say you are focused on because you play PK but still capable of escape.Then I replied with it's meant for slower characters.You conveniently ignored your own comments.
I don't have a team it's usually 3 random strangers that don't know which end is the pointy one & get slaughtered by 1 guy.

CandleInTheDark
04-20-2017, 11:54 PM
I responded to your response on Option 2.You in turn say you are focused on because you play PK but still capable of escape.Then I replied about.
I don't have a team it's usually 3 random strangers that don't know which end is the pointy one & get slaughtered by 1 guy.

I am also always with three total strangers, oddly enough we still manage good teamwork.

Auztinito
04-20-2017, 11:57 PM
I am also always with three total strangers, oddly enough we still manage good teamwork.

'You obviously got 3 competent strangers.Lucky.

CandleInTheDark
04-21-2017, 12:02 AM
'You obviously got 3 competent strangers.Lucky.

Yeah would be lucky if it was only once, but oddly enough not all of the player base relies on crutches to win, I have good teams more often than not.

Auztinito
04-21-2017, 12:06 AM
Yeah would be lucky if it was only once, but oddly enough not all of the player base relies on crutches to win, I have good teams more often than not.

Maybe it's an Xbox thing,apparently.Most of the matches I am in have me constantly moving between points/killing others while my team is apparently struggling against 1 guy that doesn't even know to parry.Essentially I am carrying them.

kweassa1917
04-21-2017, 12:16 AM
Dbl pst -

kweassa1917
04-21-2017, 12:22 AM
Maybe it's an Xbox thing,apparently.Most of the matches I am in have me constantly moving between points/killing others while my team is apparently struggling against 1 guy that doesn't even know to parry.Essentially I am carrying them.

So what's stopping you from helping your less-skilled teammates kill "that 1 guy that doesn't even know to parry". so everyone can move on to the next objective?

Oh, wait, that would be 'ganking'. So you're basically gimping yourself by limiting your own tactical options, and then demand the game to compensate for your own self-gimping, because that's "honorable" or something.

So logical. :rolleyes:

Auztinito
04-21-2017, 12:27 AM
So what's stopping you from helping your less-skilled teammates kill "that 1 guy that doesn't even know to parry". so everyone can move on to the next objective?

Oh, wait, that would be 'ganking'. So you're basically gimping yourself by limiting your own tactical options, and the demand then game has to compensate for your self-gimping, because that's "honorable" or something.

So logical. :rolleyes:

Yes because it's illogical of me to assume 3 of my teammates can beat 1 one person so i can move to another point to take or hold.
I have said numerous times I am not against ganging up but you should not be able to just mindlessly spam heavies without consequences like hitting your teammates.

cragar212
04-21-2017, 12:51 AM
You suggest I am not skilled.I know how to parry but how do you parry when they swing at different frames,idiot.You either lack any thought or just haven't experienced enough of the game to comment.Go on try & read it again.

It is a problem when that is what combat devolves into.Where it is literally the only "strategy" that is used 4v4.Wait till everyone decides to either let the game die or it devolves into literally gang-up or gang-up with no actual thought or teamwork.Like I said above,You can't parry 2 different attacks at different frames.Also,you have to have Revenge to knockdown on parry.Try playing the game.

I'm not sure where you are getting your information but if you successfully parry an attack you will auto parry other attacks for a short window like 300ms i think? I assumed we were talking about revenge since the revenge nerf is what's making you spazz.

Also about your crap stats fhtracker only counts pvp

bmason1000
04-21-2017, 12:56 AM
So while I disagree with you 100%, I'm curious why you think groups of enemies should be made weaker. What feels logical to me is clearly not what's logical to you. Would you mind expanding on that idea, really explaining why that option in particular would be a good idea to implement?

We_Wuz_Kongz
04-21-2017, 01:02 AM

Oh no I get it. You want to go back to 1v1 revenge procs, 1v1s where you get tagged once by another enemy revenge procs, revenge knockdown vortexes happening every fight. I know the harsh language hurts your pride, but if you are having a hard time succeeding against multiple opponents it's like 80% you and 20% game balance. We can't all be the badass on the battlefield just practice or fall into a support roll. You could be the guy who backs up the good player when he's in trouble.

Also now I KNOW you don't go for parries when outnumbered. If you are successful on the first person to attack you will parry the rest of the attacks that hit you in the parry start up animation.

kweassa1917
04-21-2017, 01:08 AM
Yes because it's illogical of me to assume 3 of my teammates can beat 1 one person so i can move to another point to take or hold.
I have said numerous times I am not against ganging up but you should not be able to just mindlessly spam heavies without consequences like hitting your teammates.

So you're not against 'ganking', and yet your thread title is 'solution against ganking'.

Again. Such logic. :rolleyes: x2

CoyoteXStarrk
04-21-2017, 01:17 AM
I have an absolutely crazy idea on how to deal with ganking.

Okay it sounds nuts I know but work with me on this.

Don't run around on your own like an idiot and group up with your teammates in order to work together towards victory instead of trying to be the number 1 on the leaderboard and rack up as many kills as you can. All that is gonna get you is an impressive score and a loss.

sgtpickles
04-21-2017, 02:06 AM
Buff friendly fire? Do you like griefers? I swear you should all be game designers. We had something... it was called revenge but now popping revenge makes you weaker.

Auztinito
04-21-2017, 02:10 AM
I have an absolutely crazy idea on how to deal with ganking.

Okay it sounds nuts I know but work with me on this.

Don't run around on your own like an idiot and group up with your teammates in order to work together towards victory instead of trying to be the number 1 on the leaderboard and rack up as many kills as you can. All that is gonna get you is an impressive score and a loss.

Try telling that to PUG groups that are horrible and constantly get killed.

So you're not against 'ganking', and yet your thread title is 'solution against ganking'.

Again. Such logic. :rolleyes: x2

Big difference between mindless "ganking" and teamwork.

Oh no I get it. You want to go back to 1v1 revenge procs, 1v1s where you get tagged once by another enemy revenge procs, revenge knockdown vortexes happening every fight. I know the harsh language hurts your pride, but if you are having a hard time succeeding against multiple opponents it's like 80% you and 20% game balance. We can't all be the badass on the battlefield just practice or fall into a support roll. You could be the guy who backs up the good player when he's in trouble.

Also now I KNOW you don't go for parries when outnumbered. If you are successful on the first person to attack you will parry the rest of the attacks that hit you in the parry start up animation.

I have stated numerous times that is not what I advocate for but whatever helps you sleep at night.
I do go for parries but when a parry goes through a heavy can still get through before you're allowed to react.

I'm not sure where you are getting your information but if you successfully parry an attack you will auto parry other attacks for a short window like 300ms i think? I assumed we were talking about revenge since the revenge nerf is what's making you spazz.

Also about your crap stats fhtracker only counts pvp

After a parry goes through you can't parry attacks right after that.
Nice bit of info.

kabal_ua
04-21-2017, 02:11 AM
Why the hell ganking should be nerfed ?! Its part of the game ! If u will fight 3 x 1 on the streeat u will loose with 90% chance.
And there should be same situation in the game. Even if u master of fighting, when u will fight 3 other masters of fighting u will lose with 90-100% probability. That all u should know. Uare no cencer of the univarce, and u no u dont need to win fight vs 3 same peoples as u.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-21-2017, 02:13 AM
Try telling that to PUG groups that are horrible and constantly get killed.

At that point no amount of revenge or tactics will help.

You can't fix stupid and you can't fix bad in a single game.

teksuo1
04-21-2017, 03:16 AM
if friendly fire gets buffed i can see a few classes that would become frowned upon.

Think about it.

cragar212
04-21-2017, 03:29 AM
After a parry goes through you can't parry attacks right after that.
Nice bit of info.

You most certainly can.

You originally tried to say you can't parry 2 attacks that are different speed. I tried be nice and explain some of the games basic mechanics.

Now you are saying something completely different and are wrong again.

Lets be honest you have no clue wtf you are talking about and are crying because you used revenge instead of learning to play.

Auztinito
04-21-2017, 03:52 AM
So while I disagree with you 100%, I'm curious why you think groups of enemies should be made weaker. What feels logical to me is clearly not what's logical to you. Would you mind expanding on that idea, really explaining why that option in particular would be a good idea to implement?

Option 3 is just something I put together in my head instead of a buff revenge.I recall something along those line were used in a few online games before.I can't remember which.I much prefer Option 1.It's a better alternative to Revenge abuse.It's a very minor debuff anyway.You could even tie debuff resistance to it.

if friendly fire gets buffed i can see a few classes that would become frowned upon.

Think about it.

Every character has moves they can use that will not even hit another player even Raider.It just encourage either more 1v1s or actual teamwork.

You most certainly can.

You originally tried to say you can't parry 2 attacks that are different speed. I tried be nice and explain some of the games basic mechanics.

Now you are saying something completely different and are wrong again.

Lets be honest you have no clue wtf you are talking about and are crying because you used revenge instead of learning to play.
I said it from the start there is.You may have misread what I typed or you haven't played long enough against more than 1 opponent.When you parry more than 1 person it does an animation parring those that swung in selected frames but after the parries but before finishing leaves you vulnerable.I've been hit in that frame before.