PDA

View Full Version : When will Season Pass holders gain access to new heroes?

SixthOfDusk
04-20-2017, 10:52 PM
I was under the impression the new content would be released at the end of a season and Season Pass holders would gain access to the new heroes 7 days before the content got released. It is now 6 days until the season ends and still no word on this?

Goat3_Saeko
04-20-2017, 10:56 PM
I believe season pass holders will gain access to new content a week before the start of the 2nd season.

CandleInTheDark
04-20-2017, 11:00 PM
No official word on it but I did some mental math in a thread asking the same question this morning. A season is 75 days (5x15), we know there will be an offseason. For four seasons to fit into a year, each season and off season together needs to be 91 days, that is 16 days the difference. So my guess off this math is season ends at the end of this round, a week and two days pass, season pass holders get the heroes, another week passes, start of season 2 and they are open to all.

UbiNoty
04-20-2017, 11:58 PM
We haven't made any announcements about the new heroes or the next upcoming DLC yet. And as irriducibiliGR said, you'll be able to access them before the start of the 2nd season.
However, there is a downtime between faction war seasons. We'll be updating you all with more specific details about this once the current season ends.

Robert223333
04-21-2017, 08:27 AM
feels bad man I was soo looking forward to getting the new heroes in a couple of days...

Frappenstain
04-21-2017, 10:02 AM
No, you will not recive any hero with pass. Thats why they charged you extra. You are doomed to play same heroes forever.

WoodDaGawd
04-21-2017, 03:28 PM
I really don't understand the Season Pass so maybe someone can explain it to me. I guess my first question is, is Season Pass a permanent thing or something you need to reup on when a "season" ends.

Prophit618
04-21-2017, 03:35 PM
IIRC Season Pass gives you:

-the sunbeam emote
-30 days Champ status
-some emblem design stuff
-a couple of crates
-early access to the next 6 characters.

So given the 6 character thing, and assuming 2 characters between each season, it should last for the next 3 seasons and their respective downtime, with the customization options being permanent.

WoodDaGawd
04-21-2017, 04:38 PM
IIRC Season Pass gives you:

-the sunbeam emote
-30 days Champ status
-some emblem design stuff
-a couple of crates
-early access to the next 6 characters.

So given the 6 character thing, and assuming 2 characters between each season, it should last for the next 3 seasons and their respective downtime, with the customization options being permanent.

So if there are 3 seasons, and I only have 1 season pass, I do not need another pass to get the additional heroes when they are released?

Prophit618
04-21-2017, 05:02 PM
So if there are 3 seasons, and I only have 1 season pass, I do not need another pass to get the additional heroes when they are released?

Correct. It's a season pass in the more meta sense, not for the in-game seasons. Most games offer a season pass that gives them free access to DLCs for an extended period of time (usually a year).
It gets a little confusing considering there being in-game seasons too though.

CandleInTheDark
04-21-2017, 07:23 PM
Going by the Den this week, it sounded like first week of season 2, which if they have all seasons and off seasons equal and fitting inside a year(and this they didn't say, as I said above this is my guess) will be 16 days after season end. More information on next week's warrior's den, at least on the new content if not the date it comes.

Jarl_Meowcow
04-21-2017, 07:24 PM

They're following the same model as Rainbow Six: Siege. So, the season pass lasts for a year and covers all seasons within that year. You will get all the new characters and all that for free. If you did not have the season pass, the characters would come out later for you and would be absurdly expensive and would likely require a lot of play time and farming on your part to afford them. When the next year rolls around, assuming there will still be planned DLC, you'll have to buy the season pass again.