PDA

View Full Version : state of the game after patch

Eclipsedmoon86
04-20-2017, 10:06 PM
So we now have the patch in consoles. From my experience and many others a few things..

1st: connecting to matches seems to have worsened, but from what I've heard the next patch will address stability.

2nd: all of the 4v4 modes have now essentially become gank fests due to revenge being nerfed into the ground. Revenge initially started off as a gank deterrent, but was buffed to ungodly levels by launch.

This posed a problem for many newbies who thought that by ganking they'd win due to superior numbers, but due to inexperience triggered revenge on more experienced players who had maxed out their revenge stat.

People should have learned that ganking will equal someone outnumbered popping their revenge to give them a fighting chance by leveling the field..

While this sounds good on paper it was horribly unbalanced in game and needed a rework..Ubisofts plan was to nerf it... so now after the patch with the nerf, ganking has become increasingly more common as a way of killing individual players due to revenge no longer being any sort of threat or deterrent and imo needs a complete rework more so than a buff or nerf

3rd: I main a kensei that's literally all I play and while I appreciate the buff I am also disappointed at the nerf he received at the same time to his superior block on dashing.

It was already a hard move to pull off with the timing and not many people even knew about it to begin with. Also imo kensei needs a rework due to so few options to opening people up, while the helmet splitter attack to combo finisher was a welcome buff that was and still is his only viable option to open an opponent which is extremely telegraphed and well known.

if you block that kensei is screwed as it leaves him open to a counter attack. basically kensei has zero safe moves like many other characters do

Those are the only things I can think of right now

UbiNoty
04-21-2017, 12:05 AM
Thanks Eclipsedmoon for the feedback - while 1.05 has been live on PC for a while now, we're also looking for feedback from our console players about the changes. I'll make a note to the team about the topics you've brought up! If you have anything else to add, feel free to PM me or leave it here!

Kiiyor
04-21-2017, 03:53 AM
So we now have the patch in consoles. From my experience and many others a few things..

2nd: all of the 4v4 modes have now essentially become gank fests due to revenge being nerfed into the ground. Revenge initially started off as a gank deterrent, but was buffed to ungodly levels by launch.

This posed a problem for many newbies who thought that by ganking they'd win due to superior numbers, but due to inexperience triggered revenge on more experienced players who had maxed out their revenge stat.

People should have learned that ganking will equal someone outnumbered popping their revenge to give them a fighting chance by leveling the field..

While this sounds good on paper it was horribly unbalanced in game and needed a rework..Ubisofts plan was to nerf it... so now after the patch with the nerf, ganking has become increasingly more common as a way of killing individual players due to revenge no longer being any sort of threat or deterrent and imo needs a complete rework more so than a buff or nerf

In regards to the revenge change, we've had it on PC for a while, and we had the same uproar. I was part of the kneejerk crowd, which farmed me some nice karma on reddit, lol.

There were lamentations in both game chat and on the forums, but most of the players I encounter now have well and truly adapted.

While you rarely see a single player running around carefree or camping a point and holding off a whole team anymore, you do see players backing each other up more, or actually making strategic withdrawls, or scouting points before committing. You have to be far more cautious fighting more than one player now, and you have to be far more aware of enemy movements on the battlefield.

For me, and most of my friends, dominion is far more fluid and tactical now, and actually plays like a team mode, where real teamwork is rewarded, and gearscore is less of a crutch. People actually use chat now for tactical reasons, rather than using it exclusively to trash talk.

While revenge isn't the powerhouse it once was, I see players being far more tactical with it's use, waiting for an opportune moment to pop it, rather than spamming R every few hits. It's still powerful.

Give it some time. IMHO, the game is better with the changes.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-21-2017, 03:57 AM
Thanks Eclipsedmoon for the feedback - while 1.05 has been live on PC for a while now, we're also looking for feedback from our console players about the changes. I'll make a note to the team about the topics you've brought up! If you have anything else to add, feel free to PM me or leave it here!

The patch is FINE. We finally don't have players running around like Revenge machines 1 and 2 hitting everyone in the lobby.

The gear nerf was ENTIRELY justified.

Gear and feats should HELP you win. Not give it to you. The win should ultimately come down to the team with better tactics and better skills. Not the team with the best gear.