PDA

View Full Version : Is Guard Stance speed getting fixed next patch?

lDelicious
04-20-2017, 08:36 PM
This issue along with the numerous "tech" is making the game so unbearable lately,so are these issues getting fixed next game?

cragar212
04-20-2017, 08:54 PM
As far as I know they have never mentioned looking as guard speed change :(

I don't think it should be equal since characters need to remain unique but the difference between fastest and slowest should be halved imo.

They always "working on" fixing exploits who knows when they'll get done though.

Lyskir
04-20-2017, 09:01 PM
This means that slow heroes like raider (slowest guard change speed ingame) always have a harder time against light spam? thats sad....

i love my raider but its so much easier with my warlord to block and parry light attacks.....i hope those buffs next week will make him a bit more viable

kweassa1917
04-20-2017, 09:08 PM

I don't think it should be equal since characters need to remain unique but the difference between fastest and slowest should be halved imo.

They always "working on" fixing exploits who knows when they'll get done though.

What do you reckon "slow to change guard than others" would mean, in a defense/turtle meta where defense is both safety and guaranteed damage at the same time?

Oupyz
04-20-2017, 09:09 PM
why does guardstance needs to stay unique , it makes characters with lower guardstance speed trash tier , like raider/nuboshi/etc/etc good luck parrying light spammer

i think guardstance speed needs to universal across all characters they don't make anyone unique they just the ruin the balance if you're good to parry with warlord u'll be good to parry with raider and and you will be rewarded

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
04-20-2017, 09:09 PM

While I agree that characters need diversity, slow guard change just feels like a hollow and unfair way to do it. It really unfairly gimps certain classes against assassins and isn't a needed balance mechanic.

Lyskir
04-20-2017, 09:12 PM
why does guardstance needs to stay unique , it makes characters with lower guardstance speed trash tier , like raider/nuboshi/etc/etc good luck parrying light spammer

i think guardstance speed needs to universal across all characters they don't make anyone unique they just the ruin the balance if you're good to parry with warlord u'll be good to parry with raider and and you will be rewarded

this

Lyskir
04-20-2017, 09:14 PM
While I agree that characters need diversity, slow guard change just feels like a hollow and unfair way to do it. It really unfairly gimps certain classes against assassins and isn't a needed balance mechanic.

and that

We_Wuz_Kongz
04-21-2017, 12:29 AM

Yes, but if you fight a good player you can just turtle up as a warlord and take no risks until a pattern presets itself. With Nobushi, it is significantly harder to do this. So you are right when you say the people who make good reads will still win, but you are leaving out that if everyone has a speed where you can't just guard everything it'll force people to take more risks, which leads to more exciting gameplay. Chip damage on heavies should also be implemented.

Oupyz
04-21-2017, 02:30 AM
Yes, but if you fight a good player you can just turtle up as a warlord and take no risks until a pattern presets itself. With Nobushi, it is significantly harder to do this. So you are right when you say the people who make good reads will still win, but you are leaving out that if everyone has a speed where you can't just guard everything it'll force people to take more risks, which leads to more exciting gameplay. Chip damage on heavies should also be implemented.
Ok lets slow down everything to Nuboshi level , it will help against turtling

But u will need to rebalance assassins specialy orochi and pk

Blues_Waffle
04-21-2017, 11:25 AM
Chip dmg on heavies would be so damm good for this game. People would actually have to parry instead of turtling all of the time..